Dr Tan Kian Sing from TCM

Take care purplelace. You are not stubborn but very determined. Hope you can bring us some good news from your IUI next month
happy.gif

Heatherwhite, Im not going for any western treatments as yet. My hubby is always saying 'one last cycle, one last cycle'. Hear until sian. haha.. If he's not ready, guess I won't force him then.

Purplelace,

I know how you feel, you are definitely not stubborn. Is the trust you have in TCM which makes you go on. But I also support you for your next move. Sometime changes will make stagnant things work! Take care ya, do continue to drop by here to chat with us! your TTCing buddies! hehe...

PhyLee,
Happy to hear your HB is working hard together with you! Hehe... give him more 'last cycle chance' who know? Maybe is really your last cycle of TTCing too? keke... The 'positive attraction'...
happy.gif

You going to Dr. Tan there today right? Jia you gal! Let's pray for a success month together!

Thanks Heatherwhite.
happy.gif
You are always so sweet. Let me know once your O is over so we can hold hands together for our 2ww! Mine is estimated next Wed.

To the rest of the lovely girls here, have a good weekend ahead! BD more if you must!

PhyLee,

How's your session with Dr. Tan today? Will keep you update on my progress here.
happy.gif

Yes, is weekends! Let's enjoy our weekends together and BD more. Hehe...

Happy weekends ahead!

Morning girls.. it's monday again!

Heatherwhite, my session with Dr Tan went ok. As usual, gotta wait a longgggg time. Hubby hurt his back so Dr Tan did acupuncture for his back instead. My BBT this morning is 36.5. Hope it will drop tmr as I haven't O yet! Oh yeah, Dr Tan gave me one Bai Fong Wan this time. Anyone knows what's that for?

Purplelace, you should come in once in awhile, doesnt mean you dont see him, you cannot come in here.

Phylee, He ever gave me, supposed to help to regular your cycle and strengthen your womb. My cycle was 28days after that dose. Now is back to 32-35days.

It's a new cycle, waiting for O.

AnnissaKoh, do you know how to break open the BFW? It's with me now in office and I planned to take it after lunch but the round thing is so tough!

It's strange that he gave me cuz my cycle has always been very regular.. hmm.. but nvm, i will just take it. haha..

I have some eggwhite mucus this morning. Hope can last till tonight. Can't wait to jump on my hubby cuz I will turn dry very quickly after the fertile mucus..

PhyLee, how come give you now? If I remembered correctly, I took it like 1 week before I o.

That ball is wax, press hard to "break" it then inside got another plastic container, you may spilt into 2 portions to consume or eat at 1 go with warm water.

AnnissaKoh, yesh! I finally broke open the waxy ball. Wonder who came up with such a packaging idea.. plastic ball inside a waxy ball. faint.. hehe.. I should O on Wed given my mucus today.. Tmr seeing Dr Tan again.. What's your CD now?

Babybun, I hope Dr Tan will get plenty of positive news coming April cuz that would mean all of us here will strike!! What's your CD too?

Hi ladies,

Wow so many updates, hope all of us strike this month
:-D
Do you girls see Dr Tan every week with hubby even after O?
He just look at temperature chart & check pulse the last time so I thought hubby just go for the accu & I save $. Heh.

BabyBun, Oceangal and remedies,hope you all will be in 'BFP' group next! Stay positive in 2ww. Keep us updates ya.

PhyLee,
HB and I both took a day leave yesterday, we went back to Dr. Tan for a relax poking session. Feeling so different without rushing for time, how I hope I can be like that every time.
Ya, I told him on my IUI plan, he is quite supportive on my planning. He advise me to check with my gynea on my HB's washed soldier volume, if too little maybe don't waste the money. Happy that he tells us some pointers which we should be taking note on. I have made my appt with NUH on this Thursday for scanning. Hope things go well as what I planned this time. Start to feel stress when near to those reviews and treatments.Any method can help me feel relax?

Heatherwhite, you are so brave. Finally embarking on your IUI journey. Keep us updated on your scanning on Thurs. Must be tiring to go to and fro for scannings etc.

Actually how's your hubby's SA now? Has it improved after seeing Dr Tan?

Hmmm.. perhaps the best way to relax is find something else to keep you occupied? Like go for walks with your hubby after dinner.. And don't be afraid to share your thoughts/doubts/fears with your hubby or us in forum! It's always better to share how you feel.

I have been using the internet cheap ovulation test strips this cycle and not able to get a strong positive yet. Abit frustrating.. I think Dr Tan's ones are more sensitive.

Oceangal, my hubby usually goes for his acupuncture just once in my cycle whenever I see Dr Tan pre-O. Perhaps your hubby can see Dr Tan himself after your O?

<font color="aa00aa">phylee,
I thought eggwhite CM means ovulation? Why gotta wait till Wed? Did your temp dip?</font>

Yes PhyLee, finally proceeding with my IUI planning. But still need to depends on v-scan result this Thursday, hope there is follicle for me to try. Will update you my review on Thursday... Dr. Tan also ask me to go back to see him on Thursday after my scanning.

HB never go for further test on his SA recently, so don't know if there is any improvement. Actually, according to Dr. Tan, my gynea should have asked my HB to go for one more round of testing before asking us to proceed with IUI, cos his last SA was done last year Sept and is not valid anymore. Therefore, Dr. Tan advise us to check with my gynea to see how is my HB washed SA before continue proceed with IUI. I will check with my gynea on this.

I have been using the internet cheap ovulation test strips too. Maybe you can compare the OPK specification of yours to Dr. Tan's one. What I have been using is with a sensitivity level of 25mIU/ml and an accuracy of over 99%.A positive test result predicts that you will ovulate within the next 24 to 48 hours. I got it from Baby dust. I used to get the other one from another source, with with less sensitivity, I find it quite hard for me to get positive line too. Anyway, don't depend too much on OPK. Sometime all these will make you more confuse.

My mum yesterday told me she dream of a little baby, she wonder if she can get any good news from me or my newly wed sis. I told her, if there is really good news, then must be from my sis. I wonder how my reaction would like if my sister really gets preggie. Will I feel unbalance? But will definitely happy for her as this mean she no problems and no need to go through what I am going through now.

bbloh, i usually get eggwhite CM a day or two before my first positive OPK.. So judging from my previous cycles, my BBT will only rise two days after my last EWCM which was observed on this Mon. Temp is still at 36.3 this morning!

Heatherwhite, I hope both you and your sister will get good news together
happy.gif
It will be double happiness for the family. Even if your sister gets it first, you will bound to get some baby dust from her since you are close to her! I have some friends who have been trying for a long time got pregnant after their close friends were pregnant. I believe the baby dust/ good luck will rub onto those who are close to you.
happy.gif
So for this thread, we just need one BFP to start the bb dust shower! Jia you!

Heatherwhite,
Yes, I also pray that both u &amp; ur sis will get preggie too. Stay positive. I'm sure God will bless all of us in this thread with healthy adorable babies soon. Don't give up hope yet. Must keep reminding urself to take it easy ya.

PhyLee &amp; Remedies,

Thanks thanks, you both are so sweet. I know we should think positively. But sometime can't help but to tell myself to prepare for the worst. Cos the greater I hope, the greater disappointments I would experience later.
Anyway, I should feel bless for what I have now right? Hmn, as to get preggie or not? I think I shall let god to decide lar. I will still work hard on my part tho. Hehe...
Don't know why, I keep feeling stressful this month. sign... I can feel my heart beating very fast. Weird... I know there is nothing for me to feel stress about. But just can't control my emotional very well. Sometime can't even understand myself... hehe...

Heatherwhite,

Take it easy...dun think abt it too much. Keep ur mind occupy on other stuffs, go for a swim...u will sleep better at nite. U must be worried on the upcoming IUI. For me, swimming in the evening after work helps me relax. Maybe u can try that too. Not too strenuous.

Heatherwhite, yeah, I think you are just nervous about the IUI. Rest assured as you are now in safe hands of Dr Tan and Prof Wong. Are you going back to see Dr Tan after your IUI for the ATY? Remain hopeful, you have done your best! We are with you
happy.gif

Yesterday I was just 15 mins late for Dr Tan's appointment and he's already waiting for me! There's no one in the clinic. He said a few of them cancelled their appointment last minute. So he had the time to check my eggs (which he didn't manage to find any) and also used the stethoscope to listen to my bloated stomach. heehee..

Thanks thanks gals.
Remedies, I am going to aerobic later. HeHe... I signed up for those sport complex courses near my house. Feel so good to sweat it out! Well, it is suppose to be my slimming down plan, but I think I nv put off any body weight till now. And worst still, I think I have gained weight instead! Sob...

PhyLee,
Dr. Tan ask me to go back to see him after tmr scanning. Probably he want me to update him my scan result and help me to do another round of poking again. Haha... Last boost of this poking power to help me up. Hehe... That day he also nv detect any egg leh, sigh, tt's why I am quite worry if I got ovulate this month or not. Praying praying... at least let me try one smooth smooth IUI. There are always something blocking me every time when I want to try IUI. Sob...
Haha... Dr. Tan use stethoscope to hear what? what did he tell you?

Heatherwhite, don’ worry, the IUI procedure is very fast and painless, about 10 min. But u must relax as much as possible during the IUI procedure otherwise your doctor may have difficult injecting the washed sperm into your cervix. You can ask your hubby to be by your side during the IUI. I cried on the bed before the procedure as I was very stress and scare but after the procedure I smile because it’s actually not that scary. I have tried IUI so I have no regrets.

Thanks Julia, PhyLee and Remedies!
You gals are simply so sweet! Thanks for all your support! I will update you all on my review tmr, be it good or bad, I am happy enough to know I have all the supports from you all. Muack!

Thanks for your reply, Phylee

Heatherwhite, jiayou ! No matter, you have your hubby there to hold ur hands. Think positive, take heart that we are more fortunate than alot others :-D All our positive thoughts are with you &amp; may it give you strength! Que sera sera, relax &amp; good news will come your way soon.

I started my new cycle yesterday, now aim gotta aim for dragon bb :p

I can take a break from taking bbt during my AF period right?

Oceangal, yeah Im pretty lazy these few months so I stopped my BBT during AF. Only start on the day when Im supposed to see Dr Tan, as he would ask! hehe.

Btw, you are still in time for bunny tail. Next year CNY falls on 23rd Jan!

Heatherwhite, yesyes update us!
happy.gif
I hope your eggies are big and ripe and waiting to burst!

Just found out that my cousin who got married later than me is pregnant. I feel so ashamed for feeling upset abt it. I tried to be happy for her, but I seriously can't.

Babybun, chin up
happy.gif
Don't be ashamed. Remember we all try our best every month and that's something to be proud of
happy.gif
*a pat on your shoulder*

It's ok that you can't bring yourself to joy over your cousin's pregnancy. I think some of us here will feel the same way too somehow. I know me for sure!

My neighbours are all pregnant, one by one. Only left me. And my MIL had been saying how her friend's DIL got pregnant just 2 months after her wedding and went on to say how fertile she herself was in the past. *roll eyes*

I would like to share this with you. Coach1 mentioned here earlier on the law of attraction and I looked that up. It's not easy to follow through, at least for me but I hope this will help others here
happy.gif
I will probably start with the easiest tip.
http://ezinearticles.com/?Pregnancy-and-Fertility---7-Tips-How-You-Can-Harness-the-Law-of-Attraction-to-Enhance-Your-Fertility&amp;id=800073

Phylee, Remedies, Julia and Que Sera Sera,

I am back from NUH, not good. I have a small follicle 8mm and today my CD12 liao. Not sure if it will grow to the right size or not and I was told to go back for scanning on next Monday again. So if the follicle not growing to the right size means no chance for IUI. Prof. Wong is always seems very busy to me. He did a very quick scan (less than 1 min) and comment my follicle still very small, ask me to come back on next Monday. And he was prepared to leave the room while I was still dressing up. BTW, he has two rooms and he run in and out between the two. Sign... I don't even have much time to talk to him and ask him my questions. I think the whole consultation time from he step in till he leave is less than 5mins. Luckily I manage to ask him what is the actual procedure of IUI. And the cost of the consultation every time is not cheap to me. Maybe I make a wrong move to engage him, cos frankly speaking he is not as detail and patient as compare to my previous gynea. But hope it worth the cost if I would able to get good return before I turn broke. Hehe...

Oceangal,
I think it is good to chart your whole cycle BBT. So that you can know the trend, for your own info. I used to be very hard working and plotting my BBT for nearly 5 months without fail. But I stop last month and I am too lazy to continue now, hehe... But I do measure my BBT in the morning when I am going to see Dr. Tan. Haha... Like today, I took my temperature this morning, just in case he ask me later. :p

Babybun,

Cheer up. We all understand how you feel now as all of us here are somehow going through the same thing as you. Don't let this affect you ok. Big big hug to you. Smile...

Heatherwhite, maybe you were quite nervous about the IUI so ovulation is late. Btw, you don't usually O near CD12 yeah? I ever read somewhere that the follicle grows abt 2mm each day so hopefully it will be an ideal size by mon. Better late than never! You know which side the follicle is right? Maybe during these few days, you can tilt your body to that side after BD.

I'm always wondering if I really ovulate after a positive opk. Maybe you could continue to test opk and see if you truly ovulate with a positive opk after the scan on mon.

Heatherwhite, CD12 is still early. My follicle usually grow to 14mm at CD16 and I have my IUI perform 36 hours later.

<font color="aa00aa">What is the ideal size of a ripe ovum?

I don't really trust OPK as I can get +ve one day, -ve the next, +ve again after that, and it's quite confusing.</font>

PhyLee,

I think I have attracted the negative attractions instead. Hehe... Yes, I hope it is late than never. According to the scan just now, it is on my left side. Always on my left size where my cyst is, this make me wonder if that was my cyst or follicle. Haha..

Julia,
Mean you did IUI on CD 17 or 18? Normally I tot I will ovulate on CD 15 or 16, cos I get OPK +ve on CD14 already. According to what NUH told me, they will scan me until my follicle reach 18mm, and I will be given HSG jab on the same day evening. And go back for the IUI after 1 day (mean if I jab on Monday, I will do my IUI on Wed). Is yours the same?

Yes Bbloh,

I think I got more confuse on OPK test now. All the while I am following OPK and start to BD once I see OPK +ve. Does it mean we did it on the wrong timing all the while?

HeatheWhite, my cycle is longer, about 32 to 33 days thus I ovulate late around 17th or 18th day. For me I totally do without any ovulation device, I just simply let my doctor check the side of my follicle. Usually I need to perform at least 3 V-scan per cycle because my follicle grows very slow. My doctor will jab me with HSG when my follicle is around 14 to 16mm. So if he jab HSG on Mon evening, I will perform IUI on Wed morning.
On some of the months, my follicle did not grow to the desire size after several scans so have to abort IUI. I will feel upset.

I encountered some spotting after IUI but it will go away on 2nd day, so you may want to standby some pantyliner on IUI day.

Julia,

Oh I see, then I think it is the similar process. Where you do your IUI? Do you go home rest after the IUI or go back to work? Ya, Dr. Tan ask me to check on the volume of HB wash SA. Will they give us a report of the HB SA tt day? I don't have chance to ask Prof. Wong this morning from his rush look.
Yes, will need to forgo the cycle if the follicle grow too slow.
What is your planning over there?

I did it at TCM. I took MC and went home to rest because of the spotting. Yes they will give us a report analysis on that day. I also showed it to Dr Tan after the IUI, he commented that hubby quality no good so no point continue IUI so we let Dr Tan 'tiao' lor.

<font color="aa00aa">heatherwhite,
I don't think it's wrong but I feel BBT and monitoring CM is more accurate.</font>

Julia,

Actually Dr. Tan also say my HB SA not very ideal to do IUI, he is taking reference to his last SA report done in last year Sept. But because he nv do any SA recently so also can't tell if there is any improvement after seeing him. HB personally don't feel much different before and after seeing him. Anyway, still hope Dr. Tan can do wonders to us!

Bbloh,
Ya, I think we shouldn't purely depends on one method. After knowing so much, now I rather I don't know anything. Cos happy goes lucky, I think I am stressing myself too much some time.

PhyLee,
It's Friday again. If I not wrong you are at CD17 already? Hehe... But don't stop BD ya, cos you see if you take me as example. My follicle can only reach 18mm-20mm earliest on CD18 before it mature. So by the time it release should be on CD 19-20 already! Do cover all those period in 2ww! HB and I only work hard on the first 3 days after OPK +ve then thereafter will rest few days. Cos it is really tiring. Maybe tt's why nothing happens. This is just my personal view, but no harm to BD more right? Hehe...

Heatherwhite, yeah you should also BD more too to cover all grounds.
happy.gif
We usually stop BD after my first day of BBT rise cuz we would be so tired by then! haha.. I should be officially 1dpo today.. if not 2dpo. The new opks that i bought online were confusing me this cycle so I will just go with the alternate days of BD. I hope I did ovulate this time.

You must have a relaxing weekend.. don't think too much. Leave it to Prof Wong.
happy.gif
If you are still taking Dr Tan's pre-O medication, remember to take them regularly!

Haha... Purplelace, aiyo! Just feel free to ask lar, we are here to share share experience mar.
Sign, I am not on clomid nor any injection. Weird right? Initially I also tot IUI sure go with some ovulating drug. But Prof. Wong told me to go without taking any medication. Really doubt on the successful rate leh. Don't know if I am wasting my money or not. hmn...
(nono, I must think positively to have positive attractions... )

PhyLee,

Yes, I am still taking Dr. Tan's pre-O. He ask me to go back again on next Tuesday.
You too have a relaxing weekends, try to BD more ya.
happy.gif

heatherwhite

happy.gif
i see..me starting SO IUI once my AF arriving these few days
happy.gif
u under Prof Wong rite? my friend was wif him...all 3 IUI with clomid bt follicles grew so slow wif clomid...n she was kinda disappointed he didnt suggest SO IUI...injections is more effective..now she is on IVF....all the best to u!!
happy.gif

I've looked back and started to have doubts with OPK or BBT. When I tried for no.1, ONLY relied on online calendar from femilia.com, gynae commented that I've ovulated late. Last year's M/C also based on online calendar. I've changed gynae, commented that I've ovulated late too. We only BD once a month and never "discharge" the old spermies yet we can strike.

Been trying for about 8 months with 2 chemical pregnancies and with Dr Tan for 5 months. Followed closely to the to-do list. My HB SA not good but not the bad bad kind, cant we be so unlucky to miss the boat?

Now, I only do BBT about few days before my supposed "O" date and test OPK but been getting confusing result. My Clearblue monitor indicated "peak" while my Clearblue smiley indicate zero. I need to get to their customer helpline to understand the deviation in result. Recent 2 months been bad, HB also falls sick when is my O time, how to BD? I've learnt not to be so gan cheong to test HPT, do wait for 1-2 weeks overdue then test, more accurate.

Who needs those cheap OPK, please pm me, I want to clear them, I've like 60pc!!!

Purplelace,
U go straight to SO-IUI? Actually, u might have risk of having multiple pregnancy if u don't have ovulation problem.
Actually I do not put too much hope on this IUI, I know the successful rate not high. But still praying for the best lar. Not cheap to see him, n he is forever busy to me. I don't find worth of money seeing him. Hb n I decided to switch gynea if we fail this iui.
sad.gif

Gals,

I just finished my scan this morning. HB counted whole the consultation duration. Haha... Whole process only took about 2 minutes. Luckily, my follicle do grow, but still at 14mm only, need to go back on Wednesday for scanning again. Sign... This morning super no mood, my whole conversation to him was only 3 words, "Morning... ok... and see you." Don't feel like asking him questions at all. Actually nothing much to ask also. I guess I have no fate with this doctor.

Back