Dr Tan Kian Sing from TCM

Tanny,

I am getting worried for you by looking at the time you posted your msg here. I think you are really too stress up with your work which affects your resting time? How about request for unpaid leave and take a good break from work? Health is more important than job. Do you feel tired during day time? Gal, you must take care ok.

I heard Dr. Zou is quite famous for the patients doing IVF. Cos she know the procedure quite well, and is able to give proper treatment. I was considering to see Dr.Tan or her last year before seeing TCM. But because of the location, I chosen Dr. Tan here. I would say, Dr. Tan is a good physician, he is patient and encouraging. But should I really need to do IVF, I might consider switching to Dr. Zou.

Heatherwhite> thanks. I tell my hb my body wan to rest but my brain keep want work. My brain so silly. When I awake my brain start to run thru the things yet to do in office. Ya I think of quitting cos my co no such thing as unpaid leave. My co now underging restructuring so how to take unpaid leave... Difficult.... I wan my dragon baby badly.....

Dr tan many times say I sound tired after he read my pulse. More than once. So smart. Dr Zou also know I din sleep well from reading my pulse. Sigh.
My hb one time also stress fr work n his pulse reading so fast even on a sat pm; that dr tan also can know.
I'm on my way to see my dr Loh now...to see my blod test results.

Morning girls. Heatherwhite, Im taking the Gonal F jabs. Very painful if self-administered. But will rennnnnn.. I told my hubby, perhaps I will rest next cycle cuz really afraid of the jabs.

Im seeing Dr Lim again on Sat which is my CD11. I dunno if I should do IUI lei. This time round, hubby is very keen on IUI but im not so keen. The biggest egg I had yesterday was about 9mm. Hope can shun shun grow and grow and be healthy
happy.gif

tanny, if your finances allow, I would encourage you to leave your job bah.. Take a 6 months break or so. I read somewhere in this forum that Diana Ser had to give birth to a premature baby because she worked so hard at work during her pregnancy and now she regretted not resting more. I think since our priorities have now changed in life ever since we want a baby, we should take care of ourselves more?

Don't worry. Our dragons will all come together. Power lei. Dragons.. sure come. heheh..

PhyLee,

Does Dr. Lim explained to you on why he wants you to jab Gonal F? This method sounds similar to those treatments given to SO-IUI patient.
Hehe... you HB is keen to do IUI? Then you should consider also especially if there are good and beautiful eggs. Don't waste the chance. How many follicles you have on your last scan?
But well, like what other say, the chance of doing IUI is kind of similar to natural trying. Is a dilemma tho, but if the cost of IUI is manageable, and if I were you, I will give it a try. Never try, never know mar? hehe...
I am taking my last pill of clomid today, don't know why, don't have much good feeling for this cycle. So scare of getting another anovulatory cycle.
sad.gif

heatherwhite, im not feeling too good this cycle too. dunno if it's because im too stressed or because of the medication. Im feeling quite down, no appetite for food and feeling tired all the while.

Yeah, actually im on his SO-natural/SO-IUI plan. The last scan on CD7 shows 4 follicles measuring about 8-9mm on the right and 3 follicles about 4mm on the left. Still quite small. I really hope to see no more little cysts by the next scan on Sat.

How much is your IUI? SO-IUI will cost about $1500 at Dr Lim's. Im thinking I can do three cycles of SO-natural with that amount. hehe. Also im very afraid if I fail this SO-IUI, what plans should I take moving on? Try another round or proceed to keyhole? Like you said, dilemma..

let's encourage each other along the way this cycle. Let's not pin too much hope but yet keep our faith
happy.gif

btw saw from the papers that guardian is taking down all their folic acid following HK's withdrawal.

Ladies, this is Annissa.

How's everyone doing? CD 1 on Sun. Made appt to go NUH for check-up. Seriously, I'll try this few cycles then stop.

HeatherWhite, who do you see at NUH? private or subsidised rate?

Hi MeinME,

I am seeing Prof. PC Wong at private rate.
How about you? When is your appointment? Remember to bring along all the past reports for the doctor's reference including your HB one. Keep us update on your review ok?

PhyLee,
You going back for follicle scan tomorrow? Hope the follicles growing well.
happy.gif

Yes, let's encourage each other along the way this cycle and keep our faith!
Hmn, so should I continue to take the folic acid? I think should be safe lar?

PGHua,
How are you there?

heatherwhite, you won't believe it lor. so qiao. I just heard that my neighbour at work is also pregnant! hahaha.. but she's leaving our company soon but I still hope that i can get some baby dust from her before she leaves! Maybe I will hang around her seat more often. heheh.. Im very happy for her as I know she also tried for a very long time and used to be a patient of Dr Tan too.

Yeah, im going for follicle scan tmr. But too bad hubby is working so cannot join me. I used to feel a nagging pain at the ovary side whenever it's close to ovulation. But I don't feel it these days. Really hope the follicles are growing.

Hmm.. do you have a lot of the folic acid left? Are you also taking some other multi-vits like Blackmores or GNC etc? Some multi-vits would have folic acid in them so if you are already taking them, maybe can skip the guardian ones?

Hi MeiinME, welcome! initially I thought you were AnnissaKoh who is also in this thread. heheh. Have you already started seeing Dr Tan?

PGHua, my LRD buddy. hahah.. how are you doing these days?

long time never hear from oceangal too. how's everyone?

Hihi, gals, Still here. CD16 today. Have tested with OKP on CD13/14, received a smilely face. Not too sure shld I start to take the ATY 1 today/tomolo leh... Will still try for another 2-3 cycles with DR. Tan, if still no news, might seriously consider another 1 more round of IVF. Still scare to go thru the jabs again... haiz.

My LRD buddy, phylee. Good luck to you for tomolo scanning. Hope your follicles are growing very well. Pray hard for you.

HeatherWhite, when is your appt. with Dr. Tan??? Also hope your follicles are growing very well with your coming soon scanning with Prof. Wong.

Started to take folic acid ard 2-3 weeks ago but most of the day forget to take...

Hi MeiinMe, welcome. Me also seeing Prof. Wong as a private.

PGHua,
I am seeing Dr. Tan next Monday(afternoon) and Friday(nite). And seeing Prof. Wong on next Thursday. Phew... next week will be a busy week for me. Recently was busy with work too. Hope everything can turns up well lar. Keep you all update here.

Oh, I think you can start your ATY today already. Has you BBT increased? Dr. Tan normally advise me to take after OPK +ve cos my BBT increase too slowly.
Btw, has Dr. Tan found new assistant already?

<font color="aa00aa">Girls,
meinme IS AnnissaKoh. She created a new nick which she mentioned in another thread.

Enjoy your weekends!</font>

hello girls, i just returned from Dr Tan. He said that he's away from 22 Jul to end of July, i think. That coincides with my next pre-O period lei.. Going to miss his acupuncture again. Anyway, yuzhi told me that her last day is next Thurs. She doesnt know if Dr Tan managed to find any replacement yet..

Dr. Tan go holiday again? Ok lar, PhyLee, maybe you no need to go for acupuncture anymore after this cycle? hehe... Wah, now still don't know if there is any replacement? Then how to hand over? Maybe Mrs Tan will come to help?

hullo gals! Hope every one gets baby dust now!

Phylee >my blood test result is all ok normal except Dr say I got too many eggs according to bloood test. Which is pcos. Dr says ivf result in Ohss.

I'm prescribed with letrozole for this cycle. Cost $48 for 5 pills. Expensive hor.. I think got advantages when compare to clomid. Clomid causes thinning of lining. This one don't.

Hi gals, good morning... It's Monday again...

PhyLee,
How's your Sat scan? Decide to do IUI?

Tanny,
What is OHSS? So are you still going for IVF? Ya, I heard letrozole before. It also don't have those side effects which clomid has.

morning girls.. i just cancelled my appt with Dr Tan at 11am today :p too lazy to make my way down. I think it was Mrs Tan who answered the phone.

Im still not getting positive opks when the assumed O is tmr.. My scan on Sat showed eggs at 15-16mm but Im still not getting positive opks today!! Even the nurse there said that my LH not enough.. Just hope that my follicle will eventually burst and release the egg!

I decided not to go for IUI in the end.. I have meetings in office tmr so didn't want to stress myself out by rushing to and fro office/clinic.

aww.. im having monday blues

PhyLee,

Don't worry, your follicles will burst and release egg de! Don't stress yourself up ok? Actually you choice is right, go with your comfortable plan.
I also hate to rush in and out office/clinic especially when is busy. It makes me feel very stressful, mentally and physically tired. I doubt the result will be good too. Anyway, IUI successful rate is more or less equivalent to natural trying. So just enjoy yourself lar, go date your HB out, do something romantic and lights off early for these few days ya.
happy.gif

I am going over to Dr Tan there later. Here starts my busy reviews week. Really don't have much good feeling on this cycle, but hope things will turn up smoothly this cycle for me. Fingers crossed lar!

Just back from Dr. Tan there, he found new assistant. I think the one who pick up your call should be the new assistant who is taking over Yuzhi.
happy.gif

Heatherwhite, the new assistant is a local is it? I thought she sounded like Mrs Tan. haha. How's the new assistant?

I haven't drop by to take my post-O medication. If I had dropped by during lunch, then I would have bumped into you!

You are seeing Prof Wong this Thurs yeah? I have told my eggs to telepathy yours to grow nice and big and ripe.
happy.gif
Btw, you having any side effects from 100mg clomid?

PhyLee,

I think the assistant is local, quite a friendly lady. Ya, may bumped into you if you went over just now. But actually we won't know each other too... Hehe...

Ya, I told Dr. Tan that my follicles stop growing half way for the past two cycles. He said I need to go poking more. He said normally ppl can get nice round egg if go there poking at least 3 time before O. Hehe... I hope this cycle got nice follicle lar.

I not sure if I am over sensitive and purposely go look for side effects or not leh. But I do feel a bit bloated at my ovaries sides (I really scare my cyst condition will get worst by taking clomid). And I experience a bit of blur version at night? And I have more menses cramp? Haha... I think I am over sensitive ba. How about you? This is my second cycle of clomid liao. Last year I stop at 3 cycles, cos scared of the side effects. But now kind of back to square one. hehe...

I saw one lady at the counter on sat., not sure whether is it the same that you saw today... She is wearing a spectacle and with long hair.

Normally only went for 2 rounds of poking before I O, Sometime try to book the appt. again and everytime there is no slot...

PGHua,

Yes, she is the one, long hair wearing spec. Yalor, I also told Dr. Tan that sometime I can't find the right time and slot to go. But I am going on Friday after work. Hope no need to wait too long!
Ya, YuZhi told me she didn't find any job leh, don't know if she don't want to tell me or really want to take a break from work. Hehe...

Very sleepy for whole day. I told Dr. Tan I always feel tired just now, he prescribe me 2 types of pill, one to release stress to have quality sleep at night and the other one is to 'bu3' my 'yang2 qi4'. haha...

morning girls, im intending to skip Dr Tan's post-O medication this cycle. So lazy hor :p I only went for acupuncture once this cycle. Dr Tan asked why I waited so long to come for acupuncture. Should have come once my menses cleared. :p He also told me the same thing - that is try to come for acupuncture three times before O. The follicles need blood circulation to grow well.

Heatherwhite, my gynae told me it's ok to take clomid for up to 12 months. I really hope I don't have to take so long. Not good to rely on this kind of medication for too long? I don't have much side effects compared to the last time when I first took clomid. Only slight bloatedness on off yesterday night and this morning. I ever wonder if clomid will cause more cysts too but my previous gynae told me it will not. He said clomid will only make the eggs grow and mature instead of producing small cysts..

Yes, I'm Annissa. Just used another nick because I don't want people to know is ME. kekekeke

When I see Dr Tan, I'll go 3 times before I O because I've longer cycle, like 32days, O around CD18, more time to poke.

What to expect when 1st see at NUH? please share with me a little. I'm going next Mon. Thanks.

PhyLee,

Yes, Dr. Tan also told me to go for poking straight after my menses is cleared. But according to Prof. Wong, follicle stop growing because of bad quality. So no point for bad follicles to grow right?

Ya, I also don't want to take too many cycles of clomid. Sigh... see how it goes. Step by step, hope I can pass through it smoothly. Only manage to go through one smooth IUI till now. Haiz...
I have run out of idea on how to proceed already, I am just following through the motion, I do what I have been told to do now. I am a TTCing zombie now. hehe...

MeinMe,
Who are you seeing in NUH? I bought all my past test reports history during my first visit to Prof. Wong.
I think the doctors will try to understand and find out on what are the underlying problems you facing. And normally they will help to do a v-scan for a general check for the first visit.

Maybe these are some of the things they will look into.
For female, generally they want to make sure your hormone are right, don't have any ovulation problem (via blood test) and our fallopian tubes are not block (via HSG), and v-scan to check the uterus are free from cysts, polyps or fibroid.
For male, normally they will need to go for SA test. But if you have all the tests done, they can probably refer back to those information.

No need to worry too much, maybe you can prepare some questions which you would like to know during your visit to the doctor. Keep us updates on your progress ya.

PhyLee and gals,

Back from NUH, got one 15mm follicles on my right. Going back for another scan on Saturday Likely can arrange IUI on Monday morning if things are going right for me. I hope my follicle will continue growing! Fingers crossed.

Gals just for your info, there is a free talk organize by NUH - It's an "ART" - Improving Fertility Through Assisted Reproductive Techniques.@NUH on 9 Jul, 1.30pm - 5pm? The talk is conducted by Dr Stephen Chew, Prof PC Wong and Ms Joyce Mathew.

If anyone interested, can register thru [email protected] or 67726464.

http://www.nuhgynae.com.sg/cos/o.x?c=/wbn/pagetree&amp;func=view&amp;rid=1110403

I am interested but too bad I will not be in town next weekends. Anyone planning to go?

Hi,

How's everyone? Rainy and gloomy day huh!

I am back from my hols. Did not take the tcm meds, drink alcohol, cold drinks and eat raw sf almost everyday and only BD ONCE! Duhh..now waiting for my AF to report :S Temperature dropping, got cramps and all the symptoms. Sigh. This month got friends' full month celebration and 1yo bd party
sad.gif
gonna face all the qs ie So when's ur turn? Still not preggie etc etc. Like I can tell, if only someone can tell me!

I was at Dr Tan's on Mon with hubby and met the new assistant. Seems quite nice.

Heatherwhite, tks for the info on the free talk. Sounds useful but I cannot make it on Sat
sad.gif
would love to go.

Morning girls. Wasn't able to access this thread from the main forum page for the past two days. Think something was wrong with the forum. How's everyone?

Heatherwhite, that's good news.
happy.gif
update us on your scan today yeah. Hope all goes well for you. At least today you don't have to rush back to the office after the scan.

Oceangal, did you have fun during your hols?? What cd are you at now? Jiayou, it will be our turn soon to hold full month and 1yo birthdays for our kids!

Hi Phylee,

Yea I had trouble posting on Thurs too. Managed to do it only at nite.

Today is CD2. I was so upset when my Af reported yesterday. I immediately called Dr Fong Yang clinic to make appt but all booked for today or rather he doesnt take new patient. I want to take blood test. I went a bit crazy and ran to the master whom I had gone to take my wedding dates and ask her if I can get my fortune read - she does fortune reading too. Alas, her shop moved and I thought 'really no luck today huh, no gynae appt, cant get reading done'! So I asked around and found she moved within the same building. But when I got to her, her shop was closed but I still knocked cos wanna find out if such things about having children can be asked. She told me not to drink cold water (both husband and wife) and go to the Song Zi Guan Yin and pray. Song zi (as in giveaway children - I think) She said in Bt Batok one temple has. Anyone knows anywhere else has?

Anyway, I feeling better today, not like yesterday unbalanced.

And I think hubby cannot perform under stress so I think no matter who we see or pray also cannot, cos if no or little BD where got chance. So I think all the med and accupuncture we both eat is no use lei. Hai, but I also dont want to stress him too much. But sometimes I think he didnt pioritise, want to have bb but play games, watch TV, work etc etc till late nite and never put aside time to make effort to BD. Hai! Like that, do so many things also wont have any la.

I am so going for IUI or IVF, whatever it takes, I have another one and half yr to go as I will reach 35 in Dec 2012.

Whatever it is, baby dust to all of us! Must strike soon!

The trip is tiring but fun. I went to NYC and I love it! Did the musueums, Empire State Building and walked and walked and walked. Branded stuff is so much cheaper there and food is good but expensive!

Just o today, tested using my monitor. Really came early I believe it's because I'm taking the fertility pill. My usual o is on 20 day. Now it's 14 day. Good that it's happening on weekday. Can BD more. I'm also using the Preseed - its a sperm friendly lubricant. U girls trying it? Can buy from watsons eg. Taka outlet. I have 2 more cycles before my ivf starts...

All the best, lots of baby dust for all....

Que sera: Bugis - there got a guan yin temple but I'm not sure if that's guan yin song zi.

Heatherwhite : Yes update us of yr scan. All the best..... Maybe u can letrozole? Dr give me this now. I have tried clomid too. Letrozole is same as clomid but I heard it has no side effects like clomid. Letrozole is also much more expensive - cost abt $10 per pill. I don't respond well to clomid so am trying this now. I don't feel any side effects at all.

oceangal, hope you are feeling better today. Did your hubby feel more relaxed during your hols? I think my hubby feels stressed during my fertile period too although he didnt say anything about it. He will take longer to ejaculate at times and it can be frustrating. So now I try not to tell him when Im going to O. So just try to BD alternate from CD10 for a week or so and try to make him feel relaxed. Perhaps a little wine will help?

There's one more guanyin statue carrying a child at the Shuang Lin Monastery at Toa Payoh. But that statue is called Zu Sheng Niang Niang (as in helping with smooth delivery) but I went there to pray as well.
http://www.shuanglin.sg/

Those who successfully gave birth will 'return' red eggs to Zu Sheng Niang Niang (zsnn) to benefit those who wish to conceive. So when you go there to pray, you can promise how many red eggs to return after you delivered.

The temple is very big with several 'sections' but there's information counters where you can ask where the zsnn is housed.

tanny, ooooooo.. hope you had fun bd-ing over the weekend
happy.gif
Im also using Pre-seed but don't like the new packaging where we had to fill individual syringes with preseed. I find the finishing at the front of the tubes quite 'rough' so it doesnt feel good having to insert it in! Oh yah, you can also apply preseed on your hubby's didi if you like.

Come to think of it, I think my gynae prescribed me a different brand of clomid too. Starts with 'D' something. This time round I don't get much side effects too.

Hmm.. wondering if Heatherwhite is doing her IUI today.. hope all goes well!

Phylee> first time use new packaging quite stupid. Din apply dome at the tip and sides so very tough when going in, then make me spot / bleed for a while. Very rough edge. Not like the pre filled old packaging much easier. Now I put some on the edge n sides for easier smoother use. Much better. My hb says dun feel like it when got things put his "tool".

My monitor still shows peak this am! I hope the pill can give me one mor day of peak. Heehee. My usual is 1-2 day of peak. Can try somemore.

Im going to universal studio this wed!!!! Yeah....

Hi, gals.
Very moody and upset today, AF just reported. Now my cycle days is getting shorter, instead of 28-30 days, it become 26-27 days liao...
Never used Pre-Seed before, think should go and get one.
HeatherWhite, going for your IUI today, Keep us posted.

HeatherWhite, all the best.

Me at NUH, the dr is Stephen Chew, quite a jovial chap. He has scheduled a series of tests for me, I told him do the essential will do, do not intend to go all out for this, no iui or ivf of anything.

Hi PhyLee and gals,

I didn't do IUI today. My follicle only grow to 17mm on Sat. Not big enough for the injection (for follicle to release the egg). So Prof. Wong schedule the injection yesterday evening. Will do my IUI tomorrow morning instead.
Sign... Feel quite doubtful on the timing again. I have very dark double on OPK yesterday morning and have EWCM on Sat already. HB and I scare the timing will be too late for IUI tomorrow. Anyway, we are half way through will just follow the arrangement lar. Because of this IUI schedule, we didn't BD for past few days in order to stock up HB's troops. If I really ovulated yesterday then I will well-missed my precious chance this month.
sad.gif

I shall not think too much lar, just follow through the motion.

Oceangal,
I think I know where is the 'shong zi guan yin'. If I am right, the temple is just beside bukit batok driving center. It is quite visible, if you take MRT, you will see the 'guan yin' along the bukit gombak to choa chu Kang MRT route. My friend went there to pray when she is trying. Now she is a mother of two. I went there once with HB, maybe should pay more visit to show my sincerity.

PGHua,
I know how you feel, is another round of new cycle ahead. Will take sometime to regain back our fighting spirits. I know you will recover very fast de! Just in time to go for Dr. Tan poking next week before he is away again. Maybe you can ask Dr. Tan on your CD also.

Suddenly a thought flash across my mind, we can organize a thread outing to temple 'bai bai' together. Haha...

Heatherwhite> don't worry too much; just go along with the flow.

The letrozole pill is quite good, gave me peak readings for 2 days ( i like to see the egg on the screen for 2 days) and another high reading for today.. but my hb says v tired/ stressed from this consecutive days. Ha... I told him I need his essence consecutively for 3-4 days. For pcos like me, I read that we don't ovulate nicely every month. No wonder sometimes when I use my monitor, it doesn't peak, sometimes peak 1 day, sometimes 2 days...

tanny, you using the monitor? I only got peak the 1st time I used then no more peak for 6 months, then recent 2 cycles got peak for 2 days. This cycle, I forget to start, though I see 2 lines, still show as low.

HealtherWhite, trust your doctor, he knows what's good for you. Have faith in him.

Gals,
Back from my second IUI in NUH. Prof. Wong did the IUI for me this morning. Not feeling well and have spotting now. Hope it stops soon.

Tanny99,
Prof. Wong prescribe me with clomid again for my next cycle if I failed. Guess next will be my last try on IUI. Will think of proceeding for IVF if still fail.

MeinMe,
Dr. Stephen Chew asked you to do what test? Any comment he gave you? Ya, I think all the gynea are like that, will test you from top to bottom. Haiz...
Ya, my last IUI was with him, find him quite a gentle guy compare to Prof. Wong.
sad.gif
And I didn't feel any discomfort on my last IUI, but today have cramp feeling when Prof. Wong doing the IUI for me. Now worst, having spotting... hope it won't affect HB troops meeting my eggs... hehe...

Hello all girls, it's midweek and two more days before we can call this week off!
happy.gif

Heatherwhite, I hope you are feeling better by today. Did Prof Wong scan you again yest? Was your follicle still there? I think the spotting will not affect the troops meeting the egg
happy.gif
most probably the spotting came from the cervix. The equipment probably bruised the cervix a little when inserting the troops in.

Im feeling alittle down today as my sore boobs are almost gone by now. I should be DPO7/8. This is very typical of my previous cycles. Oh well, think I really had to go for SO-IUI the next cycle.. Hope can catch Dr Tan in time for one or two sessions of acupuncture.

phylee,
CD13 &amp; CD14, a smilely face on OKP. So I should think my LP is ard 12-13 days??? CD3 today, have appt. with Dr. Tan on CD11 for acupuncture, try to book for another appt. before O but too bad no slot.

HeatherWhite, better today??? Try to relax for 2ww.

<font color="aa00aa">Luteal Phase is the no. of days between ovulation and CD1. If today is CD3 and your LP is say, 13 days, that means you last ovulated around 20 June 2011.</font>

PhyLee,

Yes, Prof. Wong did a v-scan before doing the IUI. He said I have ovulated. I am getting better today, but still have a bit of staining tho. Is like ending of menses, hope it clears totally later.
Don't feel despair yet, still early to determine. Sometime we are just giving ourselves too much stress on TTCing. Don't think too much, and stay relax till your AF really reported ok. (haha... it is always easy to say... hee...)

BBloh,
Thanks, I also do some search online too. Most of the web info also mentioned is normal to have staining and feel crampy after IUI. Since my staining is getting better I think should be fine ba. Any update on you?

PGHua,
Hehe... I always tell myself to stay relax during 2ww. But somehow I think I forget how to relax liao. Will keep thinking on the outcome, tell myself don't put too much hope and so on. My sub-conscious mind is stressing up myself. Maybe been through too many failure, it becomes a natural thoughts.
You too stay relax for your new cycle ya, happy poking. Oh, Dr. Tan now do the 'fan dian' by himself. But I think his wife is helping him too... hehe...
happy.gif

Back