Dr Tan Heng Hao

I delivered at Mt A but yea he does go to other hospitals as well, you can enquire directly with him. Mine was a c sect and I had a great experience, didn’t feel anything and the next minute the baby was out. The service at Mt A was good as well, they will wheel the baby in every 3 hours for you to breastfeed (or you can request to keep the baby beside you if you prefer) and the LC was knowledgeable. Dr Tan Will come every day and check on you too.
Tks for sharing! Can i ask if u had suggested mt a or it is like a default so long as u have no preference? Pricing wise, is mt a competitive?

Hi u can choose any of the 3 hospitals mentioned there's no default as i asked the nurse, is up to you. Nurse veron is very knowledgeable & patient. whenever i had some Qns i forgot to ask inside Dr Tan room i can ask her and she always has very detailed explanations for me. Most likely i will choose Mt A. not sure if still can go for hospital maternity tours as due to covid?

38yo- We have had 4 ivf cycles elsewhere. Key reason for failure is poor embryo quality (driven by maternal age)

Looking for an ivf Doctor and center-
(A) Doctor who will customize the stimulation protocol basis my unique situation (not a one size fits all)
(B) the most sophisticated lab/ skilled embryologist

Would you recommend Alpha IVF with Dr. Tan? Anybody seen him for complex IVF situations?

38yo- We have had 4 ivf cycles elsewhere. Key reason for failure is poor embryo quality (driven by maternal age)

Looking for an ivf Doctor and center-
(A) Doctor who will customize the stimulation protocol basis my unique situation (not a one size fits all)
(B) the most sophisticated lab/ skilled embryologist

Would you recommend Alpha IVF with Dr. Tan? Anybody seen him for complex IVF situations?
I am also 38 years old and failed 2 IVF cycles due to poor embryo quality. I was deciding between Dr Tan and another doctor. After meeting both, I decided to go with Dr Tan. I’m starting my stims in late Feb. I suggest you get an appointment to meet with Dr Tan and hear what protocol he can offer you based on your condition.

Hi, I am with Dr Tan and I must say that he is a really good doctor- he is very patient, kind, understanding and he does not ever push us to do anything that we are not comfortable with. I did IUI with him and it was a success! The nurses and staff at Alpha clinic are very nice too

Hi, I am with Dr Tan and I must say that he is a really good doctor- he is very patient, kind, understanding and he does not ever push us to do anything that we are not comfortable with. I did IUI with him and it was a success! The nurses and staff at Alpha clinic are very nice too
congrats!

His clinic is very new so his prices are really affordable and cheaper than other private clinics. It's 100 for consult and 60 for ultrasound. But waiting is 2_2.5 hours. They do not run the appointment time as per schedule. Sometimes you can see Dr in an hour. But sometimes 2.5 hours. Ivf patients are priority. He is very polite and friendly. I am currently under him. Feel free to PM
Hello, I am considering to do IVF with Dr Tan HH, would you recommend him in terms of IVF Success rate? Thank you in advance

It seems like there are a number of not so positive reviews in 2020. I wonder if in 2021 that has improved since?

Sharing my experience with Dr Tan HH yesterday at the first consult. As per what most members have shared, Dr Tan is indeed very patient and understanding with our situation and very calmly answer all my questions.

I encountered 5 different nurses that day (registration, inside consultation room with Dr Tan, cashier, IVF consulting session with nurse) and they are all nice and friendly (I had mentally prepared to encounter a rude nurse :p)

For e.g. I had a hard time understanding the IVF timeline & process during the consult, the nurse is very patient and kept repeating herself until I understood it. Was charged a nurse fee for the IVF consulting & education session which lasted for about 30mins - not sure if it is the norm to be charged?

Waiting time: My appt was at 10am. Got to see Dr Tan at around 10.40am. By the time we are done with everything, it's about 12.20pm.
Clinic atmosphere: Very nice, have the hotel business lounge vibe with 3 enclaves. There's netflix on TV (remote control, you can channel surf but only PG shows are allowed) and a small pantry at the side. Sofa isn't that comfortable for folks with back problem, too low and soft.
Parking: Sadly it's the med district, so no cheap parking nearby.

I just delivered with him in June. Highly recommend Dr Wong Ka Hoe, he is very good.

lucky you. i delivered in jul and woah Dr Wong Ka Hoe was a nightmare. extremely unprofessional and he was digging my back, stressing the crap out of me. I was in alot of agony and at one point shooting pain in my leg. After the whole agony, during the op, since husband was not allowed, he was standing at one corner using HP instead of like monitoring vital stats etc.

After whole delivery he still made rude comments to me. Really worst nightmare

Hi, anyone has ivf success with Dr THH due to maternal age and poor egg quality? Is he good with stimulation protocol? I had 4 failed ivf cycles and 2 mc.. Will like to seek 2nd opinion ony situation. Any advice is much appreciated! Thanks!

Hi, anyone has ivf success with Dr THH due to maternal age and poor egg quality? Is he good with stimulation protocol? I had 4 failed ivf cycles and 2 mc.. Will like to seek 2nd opinion ony situation. Any advice is much appreciated! Thanks!
I did succeed with Dr Tan when I'm aged 38 at retrieval after failing 2x elsewhere due to poor embryo quality. I believe his protocols are customised depending on individual. Its no harm to make an appointment with him to see what he thinks on your situation. You can also try to improve our own egg quality through supplements, diet and lifestyle. Hope this helps.

It seems like there are a number of not so positive reviews in 2020. I wonder if in 2021 that has improved since?

Sharing my experience with Dr Tan HH yesterday at the first consult. As per what most members have shared, Dr Tan is indeed very patient and understanding with our situation and very calmly answer all my questions.

I encountered 5 different nurses that day (registration, inside consultation room with Dr Tan, cashier, IVF consulting session with nurse) and they are all nice and friendly (I had mentally prepared to encounter a rude nurse :p)

For e.g. I had a hard time understanding the IVF timeline & process during the consult, the nurse is very patient and kept repeating herself until I understood it. Was charged a nurse fee for the IVF consulting & education session which lasted for about 30mins - not sure if it is the norm to be charged?

Waiting time: My appt was at 10am. Got to see Dr Tan at around 10.40am. By the time we are done with everything, it's about 12.20pm.
Clinic atmosphere: Very nice, have the hotel business lounge vibe with 3 enclaves. There's netflix on TV (remote control, you can channel surf but only PG shows are allowed) and a small pantry at the side. Sofa isn't that comfortable for folks with back problem, too low and soft.
Parking: Sadly it's the med district, so no cheap parking nearby.
I did succeed with Dr Tan when I'm aged 38 at retrieval after failing 2x elsewhere due to poor embryo quality. I believe his protocols are customised depending on individual. Its no harm to make an appointment with him to see what he thinks on your situation. You can also try to improve our own egg quality through supplements, diet and lifestyle. Hope this helps.

Hi, would anyone be able to share the true cost of your IVF with Dr Tan? I am going for my first appointment soon but keen to know the costs in advance. The nurses have not been particularly forthcoming with the information! Quoted us a very general "13k to 19k" but i think it does not include everything, so keen to know the potential financial damage before embarking.

Thanks!

Hi, would anyone be able to share the true cost of your IVF with Dr Tan? I am going for my first appointment soon but keen to know the costs in advance. The nurses have not been particularly forthcoming with the information! Quoted us a very general "13k to 19k" but i think it does not include everything, so keen to know the potential financial damage before embarking.

Thanks!
Hi loveinabubble, my first cycle total costs is at the high side of the range, contributed by the extended days during stimms (ie more medication needed) as the follicles needed extra days to grow to target size. And I topup for Timelapse (optional item) as well. I still have not add on the fertility assessment tests, additional blood tests, GST. The range given is before GST btw. :)

Depending on your condition, if you need additional tests or checks these fees would add up on top of the IVF fees.

During ur first appointment the nurse will go through financial counseling with you and explain the fees chart very clearly. Feel free to clarify as much as possible

Hi loveinabubble, my first cycle total costs is at the high side of the range, contributed by the extended days during stimms (ie more medication needed) as the follicles needed extra days to grow to target size. And I topup for Timelapse (optional item) as well. I still have not add on the fertility assessment tests, additional blood tests, GST. The range given is before GST btw. :)

Depending on your condition, if you need additional tests or checks these fees would add up on top of the IVF fees.

During ur first appointment the nurse will go through financial counseling with you and explain the fees chart very clearly. Feel free to clarify as much as possible
Thank you for sharing more info!
The last time you shared you were still undergoing ivf with dr tan. How did everything go and was your ivf successful?

Thanks!
My total cost at Alpha up to retrieval was about 16.5K. My medicated frozen cycle was around 5-6K in total. But I had 13 days of stim drugs which is considered long. I also paid extra for embryoscope and sedation during transfer. So all these increased the cost.

My total cost at Alpha up to retrieval was about 16.5K. My medicated frozen cycle was around 5-6K in total. But I had 13 days of stim drugs which is considered long. I also paid extra for embryoscope and sedation during transfer. So all these increased the cost.
Thanks for sharing! Was your first transfer frozen? Meaning your first "cycle" was 16.5k + 5-6k?
Quite a good idea to pay for sedation during transfer, may make it more bearable!

Back