Dr Tan Heng Hao

sharkles

Hi, is anyone under Tan HH at his private clinic? Will you be able to share which are the hosp he can deliver at given the current COVID situation? I heard hosp like Mt A are restricting doctors to deliver there.

Able to share what is his fertility consultation charges like at the new clinic?
I read very good review of him and high success rate but i guess the charges will be steep.

Able to share what is his fertility consultation charges like at the new clinic?
I read very good review of him and high success rate but i guess the charges will be steep.

I am not sure about the initial consult but its about 100 each time for me. You can call his clinic to enquire. Previously he shared that doing ivf and kk and his clinic is about the same price, just that got no cofunding frm.gov.

His clinic is very new so his prices are really affordable and cheaper than other private clinics. It's 100 for consult and 60 for ultrasound. But waiting is 2_2.5 hours. They do not run the appointment time as per schedule. Sometimes you can see Dr in an hour. But sometimes 2.5 hours. Ivf patients are priority. He is very polite and friendly. I am currently under him. Feel free to PM

His clinic is very new so his prices are really affordable and cheaper than other private clinics. It's 100 for consult and 60 for ultrasound. But waiting is 2_2.5 hours. They do not run the appointment time as per schedule. Sometimes you can see Dr in an hour. But sometimes 2.5 hours. Ivf patients are priority. He is very polite and friendly. I am currently under him. Feel free to PM
U mean nw in his pte clinic waiting time for 2hrs?

Yes his private clinic in Royal Square Novena. Maximum I have waited is 2.5 hours.. His que is very long
.... I tot once he go pte, will be faster.. Guess many went to him instead of kkh.. I still thinking to change to him once I bfp..

Thanks for sharing! wow the waiting time really quite long! The consult charges is per couple or per pax?
I see currently they have IVF package starting from 7.5K . So after deducting the amt of medisave allowed, usually whats range we are looking to pay ?

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing! wow the waiting time really quite long! The consult charges is per couple or per pax?
I see currently they have IVF package starting from 7.5K . So after deducting the amt of medisave allowed, usually whats range we are looking to pay ?
Hi ivf package is only egg retrieval. The entire amount will be 16 to 18k depending on the amount of meds you need. So 6k you deduct from medisave rest 10_12k cash. Consult is for a couple

Hi ivf package is only egg retrieval. The entire amount will be 16 to 18k depending on the amount of meds you need. So 6k you deduct from medisave rest 10_12k cash. Consult is for a couple

wa..... $_$ If go to KK have subsidy will it be alot cheaper?

You will govt subsidy of 7.7k if both couple are Singaporean. Then you can use 6 k medisave so need to top up just a few k
thanks alot for sharing! Husband is trying new supplement, if still no good news i think have to consider IVF liao.
Good luck to all of u trying! ;)

Hi hi I’ve visited Dr Tan several times for consultations and my waiting time is usually ~10 to 20mins during weekdays, definitely a lot shorter than when he was in KKH. I think it depends on the time and day of the visit.

Hi hi I’ve visited Dr Tan several times for consultations and my waiting time is usually ~10 to 20mins during weekdays, definitely a lot shorter than when he was in KKH. I think it depends on the time and day of the visit.
What time do you book your appts? I go weekdays too but so far around 7_8 appointments I've waited 2 hours plus

What time do you book your appts? I go weekdays too but so far around 7_8 appointments I've waited 2 hours plus

I try to go either around 8.30AM to 9AM so I can go to work after that or around 2pm for the afternoons. So far these timings seem pretty okay. You can try and see if it is better :)

I try to go either around 8.30AM to 9AM so I can go to work after that or around 2pm for the afternoons. So far these timings seem pretty okay. You can try and see if it is better :)
I shall try 2pm as I can't do 8.30 am due to work. Thank you

Hi ladies, do you all mean Dr Tan HH is no longer at KKH? where is he now?
He is my previous gynea when i deliver in 2018, he is good.. am trying for no 2 so would like to know more. thanks in advance.

He is my previous gynea when i deliver in 2018, he is good.. am trying for no 2 so would like to know more. thanks in advance.

His clinic is at mount e novena. He no longer in public but in private practice. If u wanna go to him u can only use medisave, dont hv cofunding for ivf.

His clinic is at mount e novena. He no longer in public but in private practice. If u wanna go to him u can only use medisave, dont hv cofunding for ivf.

Anyone know whats is his appointment queue at novena? as in if call in for appt, take about (i.e 1month for first visit)?? & mayb first cycle can do in 2months time??/ Jus a rough guide for plannin ahead..
thanks

He is at alfa ivf royal square novena on level 12

Anyone know whats is his appointment queue at novena? as in if call in for appt, take about (i.e 1month for first visit)?? & mayb first cycle can do in 2months time??/ Jus a rough guide for plannin ahead..
thanks

I’m not sure about the appointment queue now, it’s better you call the clinic to check. For me I can start on my second cycle (from my first visit) but I’m going for IUI and had my medical checks and HSG done few months ago already.

i used to see him for my first ivf at KKH, i believe he dont have my previous records alrdy right? not sure if he will rem me & my conditions.

i used to see him for my first ivf at KKH, i believe he dont have my previous records alrdy right? not sure if he will rem me & my conditions.
To be honest i dont think he remembers cos i was seeing him up to his last day in kk and even so he also like forget abt my medical history.maybe he is really busy and stressed also.

Am i the only one that feels he seems different now that he is running his own clinic? Seems less friendly/tlc more solemn and stressed up

To be honest i dont think he remembers cos i was seeing him up to his last day in kk and even so he also like forget abt my medical history.maybe he is really busy and stressed also.

Am i the only one that feels he seems different now that he is running his own clinic? Seems less friendly/tlc more solemn and stressed up
I am a new private patient and he still forgets my history need to constantly remind. I started seeing him only from February. They clinic is running in very high volume. His staff is always very stressed and very poor with communication. I have considered changing Dr as I am not satisfied with their service.

I am a new private patient and he still forgets my history need to constantly remind. I started seeing him only from February. They clinic is running in very high volume. His staff is always very stressed and very poor with communication. I have considered changing Dr as I am not satisfied with their service.
Yes the staff is atrocious. I cant believe that kkh staff at clinic D was so much better and you would expect private clinic to have better service.

They just seem to do things for the sake of doing without thinking. Take bp reading also never bother to see if too high den suggest to retake. Make appt also never realise patient need to fast and schedulr 10am appt.

I think his clinic asst in kkh was 100 times more stress and busy also not as jialat.

I still want to hope that Dr Tan is the same Dr Tan la but i dunno my past appt i leave feeling unhappy leh

Yes the staff is atrocious. I cant believe that kkh staff at clinic D was so much better and you would expect private clinic to have better service.

They just seem to do things for the sake of doing without thinking. Take bp reading also never bother to see if too high den suggest to retake. Make appt also never realise patient need to fast and schedulr 10am appt.

I think his clinic asst in kkh was 100 times more stress and busy also not as jialat.

I still want to hope that Dr Tan is the same Dr Tan la but i dunno my past appt i leave feeling unhappy leh
Honestly I don't know what to say. I haven't seen him in KKH. I saw him to do SO IUI after CNY. I mentioned to him I had a chemical pregnancy in December. The So IUI worked under him but I had chemical pregnancy again and at 5th week of being pregnant my HCG started to drop. I had mentioned to the nurses I am very anxious please call me back when you have my blood reports but they kept delaying. Progesterone and aspirin were given to me without clear instructions that once I finish supply I need to go back to collect again. Like I had so many mis communications with the clinic. Finally friday 7 pm Dr Tan called me personally to let me know pregnancy had ended. I had a very stressful time under them. All appointments I have waited average of 2 hours. When I. Mention to Dr Tan why I had chemical again he was like huh you have been pregnant before. So that scared me to go back to see him. My husband is furious and insisted to change Dr. I don't have a new Dr yet. Yes I did get pregnant under him but the after care was just not upto standards of a private patient. As a Dr he is great but the entire experience for me was very stressful under him

Honestly I don't know what to say. I haven't seen him in KKH. I saw him to do SO IUI after CNY. I mentioned to him I had a chemical pregnancy in December. The So IUI worked under him but I had chemical pregnancy again and at 5th week of being pregnant my HCG started to drop. I had mentioned to the nurses I am very anxious please call me back when you have my blood reports but they kept delaying. Progesterone and aspirin were given to me without clear instructions that once I finish supply I need to go back to collect again. Like I had so many mis communications with the clinic. Finally friday 7 pm Dr Tan called me personally to let me know pregnancy had ended. I had a very stressful time under them. All appointments I have waited average of 2 hours. When I. Mention to Dr Tan why I had chemical again he was like huh you have been pregnant before. So that scared me to go back to see him. My husband is furious and insisted to change Dr. I don't have a new Dr yet. Yes I did get pregnant under him but the after care was just not upto standards of a private patient. As a Dr he is great but the entire experience for me was very stressful under him
I am not the only one! I PM you. I am super stress i tell you :(

wao thats quite bad.... i am thinking if i should change gynae after all these feedbacks.

my experience w him at kkh is great. so initially tot of following to his private clinic, but there is alot of other consideration as well.. like the cost, ivf govt subsidy etc...

wao thats quite bad.... i am thinking if i should change gynae after all these feedbacks.

my experience w him at kkh is great. so initially tot of following to his private clinic, but there is alot of other consideration as well.. like the cost, ivf govt subsidy etc...
If its not for fertility treatments you can consider another gynae

His clinic staff really needs to pull their socks up.

Dr Tan is still Dr Tan just that I feel now that he is in private he has more bad days compared to his times in KKH. Or i very sway kena a few of his bad days

Hi i was considered high risk pregnancy when I was under Dr Tan in kkh then. Decided to follow him after he went into pte though i was also following another kkh doc then. Dr Tan is still caring, skillful and very willing to answer whatever queries we had when we see him in his pte clinic. My medical history is long and yes, he had to ask about it again when we first saw him at his pte clinic; however, we understood it was for the purpose of ensuring apporiate care and diagnosis were given. It was painful to go through the history again (we had loss of child too) though his gentle and patient demeanour eased much pain for us too. We were kiasu too: we took it upon ourselves to remind him my history whenever we visited him hence maybe thats why it came to a point he need not be reminded of my background anymore haha. I gave birth at Mt A and apparently i was one of his first few patients who gave birth there and unfortunately i had complications after birth (not gynae issue) that caused me to stay for almost 2 weeks. However, Dr Tan visited me almost every day and on days he wasnt able to, he would call my hud to check how i am doing. Even the nurses there commented hes very different from other gynaes: that hes very committed, caring and down to earth, such that they were at ease to call him as and when they required some advise about me as they knew they would not be scolded unlike other gynaes. So in conclusion, i dont find much difference in him now as how he was in kkh. Only difference was perhaps in terms of him practicing in pte where he did come across as not sure what reports to supply to the nurses at Mt A (cause in kkh, all reports r in system that can be easily retrived) but i think by now hes already "seasoned" liao

Hi i was considered high risk pregnancy when I was under Dr Tan in kkh then. Decided to follow him after he went into pte though i was also following another kkh doc then. Dr Tan is still caring, skillful and very willing to answer whatever queries we had when we see him in his pte clinic. My medical history is long and yes, he had to ask about it again when we first saw him at his pte clinic; however, we understood it was for the purpose of ensuring apporiate care and diagnosis were given. It was painful to go through the history again (we had loss of child too) though his gentle and patient demeanour eased much pain for us too. We were kiasu too: we took it upon ourselves to remind him my history whenever we visited him hence maybe thats why it came to a point he need not be reminded of my background anymore haha. I gave birth at Mt A and apparently i was one of his first few patients who gave birth there and unfortunately i had complications after birth (not gynae issue) that caused me to stay for almost 2 weeks. However, Dr Tan visited me almost every day and on days he wasnt able to, he would call my hud to check how i am doing. Even the nurses there commented hes very different from other gynaes: that hes very committed, caring and down to earth, such that they were at ease to call him as and when they required some advise about me as they knew they would not be scolded unlike other gynaes. So in conclusion, i dont find much difference in him now as how he was in kkh. Only difference was perhaps in terms of him practicing in pte where he did come across as not sure what reports to supply to the nurses at Mt A (cause in kkh, all reports r in system that can be easily retrived) but i think by now hes already "seasoned" liao

Yes, i do agree that dr tan is very committed & caring, When i was giving birth in sept 2018 at kkh, he also visited me during my hospital stay (which is on a sunday) & i believed that he is not working, cos he came in shorts,...

i think i will give it a try in his pte clinic.

Definitely comforting to be assured that Dr Tan is still Dr Tan. I shall take it that i am 'sway' to meet him on his bad days.

When i delivered under him, he also came to visit despite knowing he is super busy!

Hi, may i know his current gynae fees?

Hi, may i know his current gynae fees?
Dr Tan charges less than a lot of other private gynaes. His consultation is $100 for simple consultation & $60 for ultrasound scan. I’ve seen him 4 times so far and each time the waiting time is about 1.5 hours. But I go during peak hours such as Saturdays and weekday lunchtime so the queue is usually longer. He’s really popular even now in his own private clinic. I personally think he’s very patient and friendly, and he would not rush through the appointment even though he has many patients waiting - he will wait for me to finish asking my questions; and each time I find he is still cheerful and smiling even though he is so busy. So far I have seen him for consultations and scans, and started on some medication under him :)

Definitely comforting to be assured that Dr Tan is still Dr Tan. I shall take it that i am 'sway' to meet him on his bad days.

When i delivered under him, he also came to visit despite knowing he is super busy!
So far the few times I went to see him, he is still very patient and smiling despite many patients waiting and a busy schedule for the day :) hope it gets better for your future visits with Dr Tan!

Back