Dr Tan Heng Hao

I think he have more time for each patient now. Back in KK i think max i only get to talk to him for 10 -15 mins after 2-2.5 hr wait

Anyone gave birth under him at MT A the past few mths? Understand his Anaesthetist is Wong Ka Hoe? How is he?

does7.5k include medisave ?any other charges and what if it was caesarean
Hi,
Yes, the amount is after Medisave deduction. I am not sure about caesarean. But I know from some one that emergency caesarean (not Dr Tan hh) was around 13-14k 3 years ago.

I have been seeing THH since week 5, decided to give up on them now.

Pros:
- THH himself is a nice doctor, patient, kind and I found him good all along
- He was willing to see me even when he was busy or at last minutes' notice when I had emergencies previously
- He takes time to explain and does not really rush through
- The clinic's environment is very clean, comfy and spacious.
- The nurses are kind and nice as long as you are in the clinic physically

Cons:
- As much as I like the doctor, I can't say the same about the clinic as an overall or the after-service they provide. In fact, the poorest if I could rate them. Two more mummies seeing them seemed to have similar experience dealing with them.

1st: For insurance guarantee form, had to wait for 3 weeks to get a reply without any sort of follow-up in between. We were literally calling, emailing constantly and even my agent tried to get an update from them. They will promise a call back but you will not hear back again.

2nd: For an inquiry on vitamin, I barely got any response again and when i kicked up a fuss, the nurse asked me to go down for a consultation before they could answer me further?? then when I insisted to speak with the doctor, he answered me. For real, I just needed to buy iron pills from them. I mean I have been seeing them for a quite a long time now and have never had issues paying for the consultation, scans and so on. But to treat a patient like "unless you come in for a consultation or we wouldn't respond", doesn't make sense!

3rd: Given I am pregnant with twins, I was also keeping a record with KK in a case of emergency delivery/ premature. But post 25th week growth scan, since KK said I am considered low risk, we wanted to opt for private hospital (for delivery) and my husband still wanted to go for THH despite the above. So he called to ask for an approximate gynae's fee since we had gone for Mt A tour and have the complete hosp package, only need to know gynae fee to tally it up. Was informed by the nurses, again, I need to go down for a consultation before they can give me the fee??? I mean how many times would you ask me to go for consultation just for simple queries? That too given I have been seeing him since my 5th week and have gone for so many consultations with them. I had gotten the fee from them previously during a consultation but lost that sheet of paper. For that simple mistake, I need to go for another consultation to get the pricing again?

Conclusion: Although I like the doctor's service, I feel like one doesn't get anything unless you go down for a consultation with them. This is despite having gone for multiple consultations, there is no consideration post consultation.
You will only get any sort of service while you are there. As soon as your consultation is over and you step out, they will again treat you like some random stranger, even as far as giving the price breakdown.

I might get high BP in trying to communicate with them on simple things. Giving up on them and finding for another private gynae who would take me in now...

Last edited:
I have been seeing THH since week 5, decided to give up on them now.

Pros:
- THH himself is a nice doctor, patient, kind and I found him good all along
- He was willing to see me even when he was busy or at last minutes' notice when I had emergencies previously
- He takes time to explain and does not really rush through
- The clinic's environment is very clean, comfy and spacious.
- The nurses are kind and nice as long as you are in the clinic physically

Cons:
- As much as I like the doctor, I can't say the same about the clinic as an overall or the after-service they provide. In fact, the poorest if I could rate them. Two more mummies seeing them seemed to have similar experience dealing with them.

1st: For insurance guarantee form, had to wait for 3 weeks to get a reply without any sort of follow-up in between. We were literally calling, emailing constantly and even my agent tried to get an update from them. They will promise a call back but you will not hear back again.

2nd: For an inquiry on vitamin, I barely got any response again and when i kicked up a fuss, the nurse asked me to go down for a consultation before they could answer me further?? then when I insisted to speak with the doctor, he answered me. For real, I just needed to buy iron pills from them. I mean I have been seeing them for a quite a long time now and have never had issues paying for the consultation, scans and so on. But to treat a patient like "unless you come in for a consultation or we wouldn't respond", doesn't make sense!

3rd: Given I am pregnant with twins, I was also keeping a record with KK in a case of emergency delivery/ premature. But post 25th week growth scan, since KK said I am considered low risk, we wanted to opt for private hospital (for delivery) and my husband still wanted to go for THH despite the above. So he called to ask for an approximate gynae's fee since we had gone for Mt A tour and have the complete hosp package, only need to know gynae fee to tally it up. Was informed by the nurses, again, I need to go down for a consultation before they can give me the fee??? I mean how many times would you ask me to go for consultation just for simple queries? That too given I have been seeing him since my 5th week and have gone for so many consultations with them. I had gotten the fee from them previously during a consultation but lost that sheet of paper. For that simple mistake, I need to go for another consultation to get the pricing again?

Conclusion: Although I like the doctor's service, I feel like one doesn't get anything unless you go down for a consultation with them. This is despite having gone for multiple consultations, there is no consideration post consultation.
You will only get any sort of service while you are there. As soon as your consultation is over and you step out, they will again treat you like some random stranger, even as far as giving the price breakdown.

I might get high BP in trying to communicate with them on simple things. Giving up on them and finding for another private gynae who would take me in now...
Did you got your twins from ivf by DR TTH ?
i previously drop an email to enquire on charges, also cannot advise, must go down for consultation then can advise.... haiz

Dr Tan charges less than a lot of other private gynaes. His consultation is $100 for simple consultation & $60 for ultrasound scan. I’ve seen him 4 times so far and each time the waiting time is about 1.5 hours. But I go during peak hours such as Saturdays and weekday lunchtime so the queue is usually longer. He’s really popular even now in his own private clinic. I personally think he’s very patient and friendly, and he would not rush through the appointment even though he has many patients waiting - he will wait for me to finish asking my questions; and each time I find he is still cheerful and smiling even though he is so busy. So far I have seen him for consultations and scans, and started on some medication under him :)
I don't think this is correct, hic ckinic charge a lot for IVF, really really a lot!

Anyone did ivf with alpha under dr thh recently? How is your experience? Any one did mini ivf (low dose stimulation but ivf process is the same)?

I am ttc for about 5 years and have complicated issues, endometriosis. I tried to get treatment from a few fertility clinic, but just no luck. I read some good reviews on Alpha and also Dr Tan HH, about their good success rate. I chose to have my IVF with Alpha. BIG THANKS to Dr THH. Finally, i am preggie after ivf treatment by Dr Tan HH, and i got pregnant on my first embryo transfer. I am now on my 7 weeks pregnancy and still follow up with THH. Wish me luck on my smooth pregnancy. THH is a very nice doctor, and very professional. I like his explanation, very detail.. hope he don't mind that i ask too many questions during the consultation. the nurses are also caring, guide me through the process of series of injections during my ivf treatment and also prior to embryo transfer. I wudn't had make it through the ivf journeym without encouragement from THH and his team. Good luck to you all and never give up hope.

I am ttc for about 5 years and have complicated issues, endometriosis. I tried to get treatment from a few fertility clinic, but just no luck. I read some good reviews on Alpha and also Dr Tan HH, about their good success rate. I chose to have my IVF with Alpha. BIG THANKS to Dr THH. Finally, i am preggie after ivf treatment by Dr Tan HH, and i got pregnant on my first embryo transfer. I am now on my 7 weeks pregnancy and still follow up with THH. Wish me luck on my smooth pregnancy. THH is a very nice doctor, and very professional. I like his explanation, very detail.. hope he don't mind that i ask too many questions during the consultation. the nurses are also caring, guide me through the process of series of injections during my ivf treatment and also prior to embryo transfer. I wudn't had make it through the ivf journeym without encouragement from THH and his team. Good luck to you all and never give up hope.
Hi @AnieWong , congrats! may i ask.. how long did u wait for THH's consultation these days?

Hi @AnieWong , congrats! may i ask.. how long did u wait for THH's consultation these days?
Hi @AnieWong, congrats!! i I had gone thru 1x IVF at other centre but didn't get any embryos, my eggs doesn't develop into embryos and didn't get a good explanation from tat centre. My friend from Malaysia recommend me to try Alpha as their KL centre has good reputation on their lab technology. I just had egg collection with Dr THH in mid Sept and i am super happy that I have 3 embryos this time. Dr THH is an experience doctor and kind. I am now waiting to transfer my embryos. I highly recommend Dr THH

Hi @AnieWong, congrats!! i I had gone thru 1x IVF at other centre but didn't get any embryos, my eggs doesn't develop into embryos and didn't get a good explanation from tat centre. My friend from Malaysia recommend me to try Alpha as their KL centre has good reputation on their lab technology. I just had egg collection with Dr THH in mid Sept and i am super happy that I have 3 embryos this time. Dr THH is an experience doctor and kind. I am now waiting to transfer my embryos. I highly recommend Dr THH
Thank you Joey, all the best to your embryo transfer!

Hi, anyone recently jus did natural frozen transfer under Dr TanHH ? what is the procedure like? need to go in everytime for the scan like during stimulation?

Normally my wait is about 45mins ...are you also seeing Dr THH?
Hav u encounter tht he needs to go delivery and need to wait longer than 45mins?
not yet, but im considering to see him for IVF... so want to understand hows their staffs, clinic environment & waiting time.
thanks for sharing btw!

Hav u encounter tht he needs to go delivery and need to wait longer than 45mins?
not yet, but im considering to see him for IVF... so want to understand hows their staffs, clinic environment & waiting time.
thanks for sharing btw!
So far, I haven't encounter that he need to go delivery during my wait. The clinic has a nice environment. We are very happy with the hospitality and the nurses are very helpful. The nurse also very professional, she explained the steps of the IVF procedures and taught me how do injections. Dr THH is a very nice and patience doctor, he started a personalized IVF plan for me. Great team and fantastic technology. Very recommend this clinic if you are looking to start your ivf treatment. Good luck and baby dust to you!

So far, I haven't encounter that he need to go delivery during my wait. The clinic has a nice environment. We are very happy with the hospitality and the nurses are very helpful. The nurse also very professional, she explained the steps of the IVF procedures and taught me how do injections. Dr THH is a very nice and patience doctor, he started a personalized IVF plan for me. Great team and fantastic technology. Very recommend this clinic if you are looking to start your ivf treatment. Good luck and baby dust to you!
I did my ivf with Dr Tan recently and mc at week 5. The way the nurses handles my case from BT onwards are horrible. Miscommunications between the assistant and counter staff. I had sudden bleeding at home and called the clinic for advice only to get reponse on rest well and made appointment again once i'm ready for a new cycle.

Anyone did natural FET with Dr Tan recently?

my ovulation is usually quite late, ard D20+ dr tan say if he think is difficult to track ovulation, we will abort this cycle. & do medicated FET next cycle.. Anyone have similar issue, but still transfer & BFP?

Pls share..thanks

I did my ivf with Dr Tan recently and mc at week 5. The way the nurses handles my case from BT onwards are horrible. Miscommunications between the assistant and counter staff. I had sudden bleeding at home and called the clinic for advice only to get reponse on rest well and made appointment again once i'm ready for a new cycle.
Sorry to hear about your encounter. think you should feedback to Dr THH when you see him on your next visit...

Sorry to hear about your encounter. think you should feedback to Dr THH when you see him on your next visit...
i also notice got 1 particular counter staff (collect payment one) is quite rude.. i ask her to help me check on the payment, she jus simply say she dont know anything, jus collect payment. if i need to check anything, i need to talk to Dr Tan directly.

Besides her, all other nurse is very nice & friendly, including Dr tan, he is very nice & very patient with my questions.

i also notice got 1 particular counter staff (collect payment one) is quite rude.. i ask her to help me check on the payment, she jus simply say she dont know anything, jus collect payment. if i need to check anything, i need to talk to Dr Tan directly.

Besides her, all other nurse is very nice & friendly, including Dr tan, he is very nice & very patient with my questions.
There's one assisting him in his room with thick dark eyebrows. That one usually dont know what she is doing and other staff have to fix it for her. She keep indicating my appt as pregnancy review when i'm having problems with my beta. The counterstaff kept asking me to take urine test when it's even unnecessary.

[/QUOT

yes, i notice the one collect payment very rude. Like asking her how come the charges are like that abruptly asked me to asked dr tan. The other counterstaff with the short hair much more helpful and friendlier.

I’ve been with Dr Tan HH since December last year. Initially went to him for fertility check and was advised to do IVF, but before we could get the papers signed to consent to IVF/ go thru the IVF specific consult, we got lucky and got pregnant naturally. He was really happy for us and we continued on with him for checkups and he just did my c sect in October.
Overall your experience with him has been great. He’s very caring and patient. Once when he was delivering bad news, he noticed that I was about to cry and passed me tissues even before my husband noticed anything. I have also been guilty of asking him multiple questions at my visits and he takes them all regardless of how busy he is and we never feel rushed. Before my c sect I asked him about a tattoo I had near the area where he’ll need to cut, and during the operation he took special care to avoid the tattoo to the best of his ability though he had the green light to cut it if required, and his c sect techniques are great btw, I healed very well and scar is hardly noticeable. Much thanks to him and Veron. Dr Wong (anesthesiologist) is good too.
His nurses are generally very nice, sometimes a bit careless/ absent minded but we haven’t had anything too major messed up.Yes some can be a bit grumpy like the one collecting payment but she’s pretty nice to us. Shirley is the best nurse in our opinion - always helpful and shares advice here and there. Lastly, best to not ask the nurses to pass messages but to ask DrTan directly during your consults. Sometimes the nurses make assumptions about what he will prefer but when you ask him, he’s actually ok!

I’ve also had positive experience with Dr Tan Heng Hao too. I find him very patient and reassuring. His nurses are also very friendly too. So far I like him the most out of many IVF doctors and gynaes I have seen. Now still considering IVF though as not mentally prepared yet. His waiting time can be up to 45 minutes but I personally think he is worth the wait :)

I’ve been with Dr Tan HH since December last year. Initially went to him for fertility check and was advised to do IVF, but before we could get the papers signed to consent to IVF/ go thru the IVF specific consult, we got lucky and got pregnant naturally. He was really happy for us and we continued on with him for checkups and he just did my c sect in October.
Overall your experience with him has been great. He’s very caring and patient. Once when he was delivering bad news, he noticed that I was about to cry and passed me tissues even before my husband noticed anything. I have also been guilty of asking him multiple questions at my visits and he takes them all regardless of how busy he is and we never feel rushed. Before my c sect I asked him about a tattoo I had near the area where he’ll need to cut, and during the operation he took special care to avoid the tattoo to the best of his ability though he had the green light to cut it if required, and his c sect techniques are great btw, I healed very well and scar is hardly noticeable. Much thanks to him and Veron. Dr Wong (anesthesiologist) is good too.
His nurses are generally very nice, sometimes a bit careless/ absent minded but we haven’t had anything too major messed up.Yes some can be a bit grumpy like the one collecting payment but she’s pretty nice to us. Shirley is the best nurse in our opinion - always helpful and shares advice here and there. Lastly, best to not ask the nurses to pass messages but to ask DrTan directly during your consults. Sometimes the nurses make assumptions about what he will prefer but when you ask him, he’s actually ok!

wow! Thank you for sharing! I was looking high and low for his c-sec skill, is his stitching good?His c -sec really not much scar, I heard too loose or too tight is bad... though... , I’m seeing him now and not sure I want tostick to DR Tan or Dr KOWA, I’m Dr Tan IUI patient .Dr Tan C sec skill really good?

wow! Thank you for sharing! I was looking high and low for his c-sec skill, is his stitching good?His c -sec really not much scar, I heard too loose or too tight is bad... though... , I’m seeing him now and not sure I want tostick to DR Tan or Dr KOWA, I’m Dr Tan IUI patient .Dr Tan C sec skill really good?
His stitching is good. Dont know for csect but i can say for other procedures

His c sect skills are good IMO. I was up and walking around on second day without too much discomfort. I think scar depends on individual and how well you take care of it. I’m personally happy with mine.

His c sect skills are good IMO. I was up and walking around on second day without too much discomfort. I think scar depends on individual and how well you take care of it. I’m personally happy with mine.
Thanks so much. I got pregnant under Dr Tan HH, it’s my week 7, im thinking if I should see him but hearing that his stitching is good and I’m at ease. He has a partner call Yvonne lim (anesthesiologist) also work with him which is good I heard. Anyway, can share how much is his c sec price (GA) or c sec price (epidural)?

Hihi do you mind sharing if you did IVF or conceived naturally? Thanks :)

Thanks so much. I got pregnant under Dr Tan HH, it’s my week 7, im thinking if I should see him but hearing that his stitching is good and I’m at ease. He has a partner call Yvonne lim (anesthesiologist) also work with him which is good I heard. Anyway, can share how much is his c sec price (GA) or c sec price (epidural)?

Hi I did IUI under Dr Tan :) $2800++ but 100% claim by Medisave. The nurse will do the claim for you and you collect the cheque. But my IUI Fail then I conceive naturally.

Anyone can advise Dr Tan c sect (epidural) cost ? I’m thinking Dr is very kind but he tend to forget my drug allergies history & knowledge of medicines there

Hi all, can i ask if dr thh only does delivery at mount A? If so, how was your experience with mt A and his delivery service? Natural delivery?

Hi all, can i ask if dr thh only does delivery at mount A? If so, how was your experience with mt A and his delivery service? Natural delivery?

Hi! Dr THH does delivery at TMC, Mt A and Mt E too. I can’t comment on the experiences as I haven’t deliver yet.

Sorry, I don’t recall exactly the price of his c sect (epidural), but I do rmb thinking they were pretty reasonable when I saw them.

I delivered at Mt A but yea he does go to other hospitals as well, you can enquire directly with him. Mine was a c sect and I had a great experience, didn’t feel anything and the next minute the baby was out. The service at Mt A was good as well, they will wheel the baby in every 3 hours for you to breastfeed (or you can request to keep the baby beside you if you prefer) and the LC was knowledgeable. Dr Tan Will come every day and check on you too.

Back