Dr L C Foong from Gleneagles

Oh Jac, sounds bad, but at least you got 3 in. Maybe you'll be like Chloe.
happy.gif

Wan, isn't it supposed to be a good thing that the symptoms are getting worse?

I have very disturbed sleep now. I'll wake up every 2 hours. It's been 2 nights like that!

Ondine
At least u got disturbed sleep,me sleep also cannot sleep,sleep on t bed 2 much having backache,if turn around abit terrible cramp on both side.I really surrender cannot imagine y natural pregnancy nver suffer like us so terrible.Only 2 days I really burst out my tears already.
I thk my case like more serious than u & Wan.

Hi everyone,

I just came back from the clinic. I got an allergy reaction to the inserts. My vaginal lip swell until like hotdog and feel sore. Me can't even walk in the morning. My husband says I also have a dick. Anyway not joking, dr give me another kind of insert to use but it's much more expensive abt $30 a stick. I will use for 3 days and wait for the swelling to come down.

This morning I found some blood on my black panties but I thought it's the swelling that is giving off blood. Now then realise it might be from the womb! What is happening inside???

Ondine, me also cannot sleep well. must take panadol before sleep and it last for 4 hours after that have to wake up and sit upright until my back feels better.
I can't even straighten my legs when I lay down. My tummy stretch alot. Today is 34 inches! and my weight increase to 52kg from 48kg I measure just a few days ago. Just now angeline even touch my tummy tell me I must felt terrible. Then I say her boss cheat me. Just kidding with her.
Dr keep saying it's good that my bloating gets worst but i cannot take it anymore. I wonder what is the limit a human skin can stretch.

Jac, me same with you lor. cannot sleep at all. maybe you try sitting upright and let your back rest before you sleep. Take 1 panadol and then sleep immediately. You must take turns on laying on both side or else the fluid will retain on one side.
YOu only 2 days. me 6 days already. I think still got many days to come. Just bear with it cos nothing can help you now. Do remember to drink more water, H2O and try to get protein drinks. Dr say all those will help. Once you got used to all the bloating, it will be easier for you to cope. Also remember to eat small meal and better to take noodles, porriage, bread etc. Those things are easier to digest.

Dr say if I got pregnant, I will be like this for another 3 weeks! Oh my GOD!

Hi WanBB

Have been reading your thread on your IVF. Poor gal... hope you are coping ok. Is it supposed to be so bad? Did u ask doctor why? Did he gave too much medicine?

Or was it the OHSS that is causing all the suffering?

Wan
U better take care!Did u chk w Dr. how much % u will have since yr bloatg become worst?
I also did chk w Dr. y after trfr I will vomit so many times & t cramp like nver go down.He said it supposed cannot be t case,maybe I had taken some unfresh food fm t hospital.
Me sit 2 long also got problems,t worst is walk abit also feel giddy,so don't know sleep or sit walk,don't know wat I can do.I thk both of us having alot of symptom becos both of us got PCOS problems is it?

Curl, thanks for concern. Dr says it was becos of OHSS and i'm not the worst case. He seems very calm abt my situation. Anyway he is always very calm. Maybe he don't wanna make us panic also.

Jac, Dr nv check how much % I bloat but he did listen to my lungs, check my stomach. Now then I realise the medicine he gave me is only $10 a stick rather than $30 I quoted just now. The 2 consultation after ET cost me $100 already! Hope my body better stop giving me problems.
I also cannot go out. Will feel very giddy even just walking at the corridor.
Now I have thoughts of giving up. But I think even if i give up now also nothing to save me from all these suffering. It's worst than anything I went through before.

I have finally decided to tell my parents in case anything happen to me, my husband won't have to face all the questions that time. Anyway result will be in 1 week time. And I have been 'sick' or with diarrhea for too long. No more excuses to use. Looking at my big tummy growing with wind and water day by day, it's best I tell the truth now. Hopefully they don't ask too much questions.

Hi WanBB

Yah, Dr Foong always v calm. Sometimes I think its not v good cos he tend to be overly optimistic. Perhaps thats his way of making us confident in him lor. But again, just remember, its your body. If you dont feel well, dont be 'suayed' by calmness, you need to make noise so that he knows it. Rather treat it early in case of anything. These doctors see patients everyday until they get immuned, so I feel they dont understand some times.

Dont worry, hold on. You must be fine. You have come so far, the rest you cant think so much. Just a week more to go. Look at Chloe, her happiness will be soon! Must perservere on!

Curl, I agree with you. Dr being too calm also not very good at times. My hubby very angry in the morning cos he saw my 'hotdog' swollen til so big and yet dr was trying to say it's not that serious. Maybe he should sometimes show more concern or worries over his words and face so that we feel better.

Another week for results but this bloating don't know will last how long. Seems like getting worst each passing day.
My friends ask me out for coffee or roller blade I also cannot go. Then I cannot even go downstairs when I feel hungry or I need to buy something. Feels like a caged bird. Even if successful, I don't think I will say all these experiences is worth it.

hi gals,

how is everyone..soooo long never logged in leh..my comp was spoilt so i didnt get a new one till recently..wah, so many changes now.

curl, sorry to hear abt wat happened..feel so sad when i read ur story..mus have been so tough on u, how u doing now? got make any plans?

wanbb, jachorse, so glad tat u all have come so far..i will be praying for u both with all my heart!

Puipui, u are back! Welcome! Miss you so much. have been asking abt you on and off.

So how are you recently?

misssed all of u too...my comp totally shut down, so took very very long time to see if can repair etc, then lata get new one..

okie, good..im still on my program, next week transfer liao..cause my lining was thin, remember? when i had the 2nd ivf with dr foong, my lining was not good..so even on tis course, still not good..so i was on a very long protocol..on meds and lucrin, my dr didnt wan to take the risk so made me wait till my lining is 8mm..previously was 5mm, then 6.5mm, the 7.5mm..so finally after so long, she give the go ahead to transfer, can do tis coming monday..hehehhe..

Puipui, this coming monday is the moment of truth for me. Hope it will be a great day for both of us. So you are on a fresh cycle?

Hi Puipui
Welcome back,really miss u so much
kao_welcome2.gif

Tat good new tat tis coming mon is yr trfr.All t best 2 u.
U read our posting,we really suffer so much pain 4 tis path especially Wan.Me just 2nd day after trfr still got long way 2 go.

Curl,
Hope u will join in our conversatn more.

Wan
Just chk w u my terrible cramp is always evening onwards? Everytime wan 2 get up of bed t cramp until my tears keep rooling dwn,how u manage 2 get up of bed & have suffer less pain.Me now walkg like an old woman vy vy slow.
How come u can test yr results so fast? I thought we only diff by 4 days correct.If mon I jab HCG so thur is 2nd jab of HCG is it?

Hi Pui Pui

Very nice to hear from you! Was really thinking what happened to you? I even pm you on my story and ask for your advice in good doctors in IC! If you have time, do check your email for a look!

Good that you have moved on to your next cycle. Really hope to hear good news. Irregardless of how many you get this round, just get the cervix sewed up okie!

WanBB,
I think in my case, Dr may also be overly optimistic lor. Cos on Sat I saw him, cervix changed to become v soft. If he has chosen to ward me for observation, outcome would be v diff. He just ask me to go on MC until wed when the infection results out, but on Monday night, I was already dilated with membrane bulging.

Jac_horse

OK, I will try to come in more, but becos I never done IVF so dun really know what to share but felt that side effects q bad.

Pui Pui
Do u have such when you did your IVFs or more the Doctor? Which doctor are you seeing for IVF now?

Jac, I always have this crampy feeling when I change position or get up from the bed. It's not cramp on the womb right? the cramp comes from the stomach there. I think it's the bloating that is giving us the crampy feeling.
my vaginal lips now very very swollen. Almost as big as an orange so scary and I can't urine well now. Later must take ice and press on it. Hopefully it will control the swelling.
The actual day to test should be thursday 14th but dr say I nv inject the last HCG so I can test on next monday 13th. You day 4 embryos so that's why you will need longer time? You are right, you need the HCG jab on thursday and sunday.

Curl, sometimes also don't know how they reach to the conclusion that we are fine and don't need anything extra. Sometimes I feel that he would wait for things to happen then work on it. Why not preventing things happening? Haiz...

good morning ladies..

wanbbb, nope mine is frozen cycle..hehe..its been a very long protocol. i still have 5 frozen embies left, so i will be thawing all of them and put in the best 3 again..i wish u all the best, im sure u will have good news for all of us..i understand u in alot of pain now, especially the swelling, hope it will die down soon..do change ur panties more often so tat u can keep the area dry.

jachorse, so happy tat u finally overcome everything to do ur ivf, im glad tat u took such a positive step..the cramps and pain very normal, its cause ur ovaries were punctured during the extraction, so causing u alot of pian..i knw how u feel, cause i couldnt walk or get up from bed last time oso, needed my hubby to carry me up and help me to toilet etc..dun worri, the pain will lessen gradually, very soon, u will forget it..hehe
happy.gif
jiayou!

curl, im still in shock abt ur case..i tink u are right abt drs needing to be very cautious, so i can feel ur frustration. its like the question keeps popping up in ur mind, wat if they did tis and tat, then baby can be saved..even till now, i question whether it was right to do my previous 2nd cycle so quickly and if my lining was prepared properly, then i wouldn have suffered a 2nd m/c..

well, it looks like i dun have any IC..i saw alot of drs and they confirmed tat mine was due to carrying triplets, esp at 23 weeks, is mostly due to natural causes, the weight was too heavy..

my current dr at sgh is very good, u should try her out..her name is dr yu su ling..she made me do a test on my cervix and confirmed tat i dun have IC, plus even though my tis frozen cycle is very long and draggy but she wanted to make sure my lining is at optimal level before proceeding..

the nurses said sometimes she will allow transfer at 6.5mm for the lining but for my case, she avoided cause she wanted to be sure it reached a safe level..so i feel i can trust her, though she is not the very talkative and overly friendly sort..but i dun mind lor, most impt is she does her job well.. hope the info helps..

Pui Pui

Thanks for infor. Is there a reason why your lining was thin? Becos you start IVF too soon after your first? How did Dr Yu Su Ling make sure the lining is ok? Thru drugs?

I intend to ttc (though havent made up my mind) after my third cycle in Dec, 3 mths after delivery. What do you think? Do u think we are ready?

How did you get to know Dr Yu Su Ling? Also, how can I make an appt to see her?

hi curl, i jus emailed u..

i understand thin lining could be due to a no of reasons, maybe thru septic birth, or a d&c, etc..so cant really pinpoint which is the main cause. i was on drugs,lucrin and cyclogest, aft tat she did a biopsy to see how is my lining, tats where they extract some of the lining through a tube to confirm whether the medications are working and is ready for transfer, so my results showed not enough, tats when i continued on for another month..its one of the most long process i ever had, beginning i was really worried cause my scans kept showing 5mm all the way, its onli recently it just grew and grew, til the 8mm level..

u should try to wait at least 6 mths cause urs is a late delivery, so try not to cut short..i did tat last time and ended up m/c again..even though dr said it was okie, but my kkh dr did advise me to wait min 6 mths, should have listened to her..

i knew abt her thru another lady on the thread, she said tat she had triplets via sgh and they did a great job on caring for her..she delieverd all 3 safely, so i decided to give a try lor..she said even if she had not suceeded in getting pregnant, she wun have blamed them cause actually all in the individual..in a way, i believe, cause drs not god mah..the environment not as grand as pte clinic but cozy enough, the nurses are extremely kind and caring..one of them always pat me on the back and ask how im doing, they also knw me by name liao, no need to tell them...so its the extra touch lor, but when u make appt, dun be shocked by the 1st appt, quite messy..cause alot of people, its onli when u are transfered over to the 'care' clinic tat its not so messy.. u can make appt via sgh main line, u have to see her under O&g first then aft she give the go ahead then u will see her at 'care' clinic.

Oh my god! I'm having diarrhea again... sob!
kao_cry.gif
when will all the suffering stop.

Puipui, did you have OHSS that time also? Dr nv really mention abt it to me. I wonder if I will change my decision if I know it's so terrible.
So now your lining is thick and warm and safe, you can just relax all the way.

Good morning,

Puipui
My case not tat serious like yr.My cramp is when I wan 2 get up of bed t pain starts.I still can manage 2 walk on my own but vy slow like old woman.
I really vy worried,4 my case I retreive 32 eggs no freezg cos Dr. said my eggs qty is poor not worth 2 freeze it & only got 3 embryos tat is gd trfr in.I scared if tis cycle failed I need 2 start all over again.
OHSS is exactly starts fm when after t ER/ET/during t HCG jab,wat is I don't suffer OHSS so much like wan,t chances of getting preggie vy slim is it?

Curl,
Don't worry we got alot of topics 2 share beside IVF.So u still having M.Leave.

Wan,
Poor gal,t swell will went dwn.In t 1st place how u notice u got swell after t insert? Bloodtest is exactly starts fm where t days ER starts or ET? Me 2day facing blockd ears fm nothg.

wanbb, dun worri, i kept having diarrhea tat time oso, i think its the hormones, after awhile, u will be able to pass motion normally, dun eat full meals, small meals throughout the day and drink plenty water cause u are losing fluids..

jachorse, dun tink so much, my 2 ivfs all had ohss, onli under foong, was slightly worse..cause more eggs..my first ivf oso no eggs to freeze, so dun worri, just get through the pregnancy stage first, one step at a time.. dun wori, my first ivf, my ohss died down aft a week..had no sign of pregnancy, except for the smell but i had brown staining oso, so tot was my period, in the end was triplets..but 2nd ivf, had very bad and prolonged ohss, but in the end was just singleton..so dun compare, jus relax and think happy thoughts..the more u think, u will stress urself more and not good for u..

Jac, OHSS starts the 2nd day after the ET, 5th day from ER for me and after having the HCG jab, it gone from bad to worst.

Having OHSS at the end of the cycle is a good cause as the embryos implanted and produced HCG to make it worst. But for me I just continue and nv stop. Cannot be embryos implant so early for my case.

My swelling came abt 10 days after I start using the insert. Dr say I'm allergy to the discharge produce and sometimes it takes that long to get the reaction.

Constipation is not 'no good' for the embryos but cos you cannot force them out it's bad for you? Don't go toilet and force them out cos it might force the embryos out also.

Puipui, actually I already recover from the diarrhea but it started all over again today.
How did your OHSS recover? I can't wait for that day to come. BTW, did you smell alot of strange smells on other people during that time?

wanbb, very weird hor, tat u kana allergy..anyway, having ohss is a good sign..but jachose dun worri, there are those tat dun have and still preganant so not a conclusive sign..

yup, dun force it too much, its okie to pass urine etc, cause they are too small to drop out...but of course dun squeeze too hard..eat more papaya, good for u..got vitamins and help prevent constipation..

my diarrhea oso on and off, but it was very bad in the beginning..have to really watch wat u eat..actually the ohss didnt go off until i did my d&c, and it took another 2 weeks to recover fully, the other drs i saw were shocked tat my ovaries were so enlarged as well, say my inside soo messy, made the scanning very tough..yup, i couldnt take any strange smells, esp soap, like everything magnified by 10x..but it was just a feeling u get, like u knw u have but not certain..

but very weird cause my first ivf, the ohss disppeared very quickly even though my hcg was very high, i think it was in the 2000 plus range..so duno why, my hubby says maybe i was not too overstimulated so ohss not tat bad..

Puipui, Dr nv did any scan for me when I went to his clinic for OHSS. But I can feel my ovaries so big now.
I cannot take toothpaste! That's the worst part cos I have to brush teeth every morning, afternoon and night. And my husband smells like plastic. Now no appetite for food and water. Water must add a little glucose then I can endure. Feel so sick.

hahhaha, wanbb, same same..i cant stand brushing my teeth as well, i always like wan to throw up..my scan is due to see how the baby developing tat time..so happen to see the ovaries..mus endure hor, once u knw its positive, its all worth the pain..it will slowly die off soon..yup, u can put some ribena or squeeze some lemon in ur water..try to eat soft foods like porridge and take more fruits..it will help..

Puipui, thanks for the advice. I think need to write a shopping list for my hubby to go get all the ribena and stuff.

Hi
Just 2 chk w u gals.2day my cramp not so painful thought 2day will be a fine day 4 me,who know I vomit again,after my ET I did vomit once when I reach home.Have any1 encounter like me.Last round I did chk w Dr.,he said after trfr should not vomit.Now my most worried is will it affect my embryos a not since my embryos havn't settle dwn yet!

Jac, i read on the net, Vomiting is one of the common sign of OHSS. Me nv really vomit but I always feel nausea these few days.
Don't worry. I think it won't affect your embryos.

hi gals,

wanbb, no problem..yeah lor..better get ur hubby buy for u..at least hungry or thirsty, can jus grab something light to eat..ribena got vit c, so good for u..

jachorse, i vomitted very badly onli once..but its okie, dun worry, jus dun fall down..drink plenty water..

Just receive news that my mum got an accident at the factory. Poor thing, her finger is struck into one of the machine but lucky only a small part of the meat is damage. Me cannot go visit her now... feel so guilty. Although, the dr say it should be an outpatient treatment but I feel I should at least go to the hospital. Yet I'm scared I will faint on the way there. So selfish of me.

Wan
How's yr mum,if u feel better shd go & fetch her bk.

I did chk w Angelina she said still early 2 have tis OHSS,she said Dr. will call me later.My tummy really feel vy vy terrible,I feel tat I still havn't throw out everythg yet tat y still feel like throw 3rd round.

Jac, I cannot leh. I can't even stand straight. How to go and pick her. I walk a few more steps even to the kitchen also feel giddy.

I prepare alot of sour plum at home. Since started OHSS I already taken 2 big packet of it. maybe you can also try. It might stop the vomiting feeling. Vomitting will make you lose alot of water. Better try to drink more of it when you can. You already day 6 after ER so I think it's not early for OHSS. Me started having mine at day 5 after ER.

wanbb, i tink ur mum will understand..jus tell her u not well, u oso cant go out so no point forcing...

jachorse, do take care..seems like u suffering..try not to take any milk or dairy producta, it will make u feel worse..hope tomolo is a better day for u..

Me have been getting from bad to worst. My waist line increase again and now I have to wear my husband's shorts. Getting very breathless. Tomorrow have to email dr. Will test on friday morning.

Puipui, actually I really scared I will become preggie then have to endure for a very long time. And tummy will get more bloated. Not I don't wan to be preggie but just very scared of the terrible days ahead. Just now eat and vomit. My urine very yellow already but I cannot drink much water. So terrible feeling.
Email Dr already but I think he will only reply me at night.
To be frank, I test on my OPK and it's very positive. Tomorrow morning then use HPT.

Hi girls,
I email dr and he call me back. Was a little shock and touched. He say I would need to go to the hospital for protein drip if I continue like this. If the bloating gets worst, I would have to go for blood test this sat.
Tomorrow will test and if positive then go for the blood test on sat morning.
Wish me luck!

WanBB

I think you better go and do the drip fast. Though can be lonely at hospital, better than suffer at home right?

You mean protein drip can help to reduce bloating?

I am v worried abt you, seeing the side effects. I think better dun wait. If tomorrow not better, admit yourself okie.

Wan/Puipui
2day I was on hospital stayg 4 a drip.Yestday nite already went see GP clinic cos keep vomitg until t throat vy tight & cannot swallow.When I seeing Dr. then I was put 2 hospital.

Hi all,
Sorry for the silence. For some strange reason, I couldn't get onto this web page.
sad.gif

Anyway, Wan and Jac, please take care. Jac, are you still in hospital using their super expensive internet or you're home ready?

Curl, I think Jac is more worst than me. Dr say only need to stay for a few hours so I think if tomorrow continue to bloat then I go for the drip. Something very weird, my bloating only expand after dinner.

Jac, so you feeling better after the drip? How was it like? YOu staying for one day?
Take care of yourself.

Hi WanBB

Now I read Jac's email, know that she is worse...

Poor gals, but never mind, I am waiting for you and Jac's good news soon! Like Pui Pui say, good chance!

But if need be, just go for the drip, dun tahan too long.

Dear all,

I'm glad to post that I'm pregnant! I have a faint positive on the HPT. I would need to go for blood test tomorrow to confirm and hopefully it's not an ectopic pregnancy.

kao_babydust.gif
Babydust on everyone!

Back