Dr L C Foong from Gleneagles

Wan, I didn't do complete bed rest. I will die, plus I have so much work to do and I can't sit still type. So I was either at my computer, watching tv or napping. I don't do much round the house.

Blood test will just be 2 weeks to the day. So if you did the transfer yesterday, two Tuesdays from now lor.

I think the rule of thumb is do what you're comfortable with. I mean, if you get stressed from staying in bed the whole day, it won't help anything either.

Ondine, I'm worried that if I don't have bed rest now, I will blame myself in future. Housework is a confirm NO.

Did you talk to your embryos? I find it weird talking openly. So I just quietly talk to them in my mind. I think mine too early for that. They still floating ard.

Quite fast for you. Next Sat will be your big day. better to show up early that day and get your results early. So you made the appointment? Or just go for the blood test will do.

Wan, just do what you can.

You don't need to make an appointment. Just go for the bloodtest.

What I'm concerned about is that my boobs don't hurt as much as they used to. My husband is trying to convince me that it's too early for any hormone to have changed but I'm still paranoid.

Ondine, my boobs also don't hurt as much but my nip still as painful. I think these few days should be your implantation. Better not think too much and rest well.
Normally if preggie, boobs will be sore when test positive that time. so now still too early.

Wan/Ondine,
2day I missed alot.I also realise tat all over my body all is blueblack.Tis path is really not easy 4 any1 of us.
sad.gif

Anyway I will be vy buz must rush everything by 2day then tml is my ER.Vy scared.
Give me time 2 chase up w u all.

My nipples don't hurt as much. They're still a bit sensitive but they don't hurt as much as before. But then again this started to happen yesterday or the day before, so in my head, I know, it's probably just the effects of the Puregon and suprefact wearing off since it was that which caused it at the beginning.

I must consider myself lucky. No physical blue blacks. Can feel where the HCG jab went in cos it feels painful but no outward bruising.

Jac, hang in there with work. I was like that too, madly trying to clear work. Don't scared.. just go with the flow!

Jac, take your time. We won't run away.
crazy.gif
Tonight can chat with you also.

Ondine, Your tummy as bloated? Mine nv seems to come down... Still very bloated and uncomfortable.
I keep having the feeling that my embryos have fallen out of the womb... so worried.

Wan, tummy bloated went down already but it's gets a bit more bloated in the evening. I'm never very hungry but then I can eat so... continue the ginger tea?

I can't drink too much now, my throat is very scratchy.

Wan/Ondine
Have both of u encounter ovary clamp until vy painful be4 ER which is tml is ER 2day damn clamp.

Wan
Don't move so much tis few days.If not yr embroys cannot settle dwn yet!!!!!!!
happy.gif

I don't understd wat u gals talk abt t cell.Make me vy confused.

kao_byebye.gif

Jac,
I don't remember a lot of cramp specifically in my ovaries. Just the entire lower region was crampy and painful.

Don't worry about the cell thing. It's got to do with the embryos. Once you get that done, all will become clear to you.

Ondine, I nv continue the ginger tea. very lazy to cook it. You better don't drink if your throat don't feel good. It's very heaty and will make you sick if you not feeling well.
Me everyday also very very hungry. everyday eat 5 times. It was like this since after ER. Moreover I crave for food with alot of taste. Like western food, Zinger burger, etc. Must be very salty or very sweet.

Jac, I have ovary cramp too. I think it's normal cos you are going to ovulate. Tonight rest early for hubby and you. your hubby will be very tired cos have to take care of you.
Ya lor, after you got it done you will understand the cell thing.

Wan, I'm the complete opposite. I don't crave for anything. In fact, I don't feel hungry at all. I can eat, but before I eat, I have no appetite. THink there's still some bloating going on because I'm still gassy.

My throat is ok. It's just that when I talk, I realise my throat is very hoarse. SOme more, because I'm alone the whole day and I don't use my voice, when I eventually talk, it sounds funny even to me!

Jac, rest well tonight and don't worry too much. Because you're under GA, you won't feel it to later, and if it does hurt after the ER, just take the painkillers the doctor gives you. They'll help.

Ondine, That's good! at least no craving. I'm worried abt gaining alot of weight now. Cos bloated so I don't know if I have eaten too much or not. I just hope the bloating will go away cos I look like 3 months preggie now!

You can call your hubby in the afternoon to talk. I always call my hubby after lunch to spot-check him. hee hee.

Jac, wow!! how come still there? you need to rest well tonight. so what time you going back? Don't care already lah.. let everything to other people. you are not a super women

Girls, I keep feeling hungry until I got gastric now.. Don't know what to do. My tummy seems like a bottomless pit. I just taken dinner at 7 plus... abt 8 plus hungry already! BTW, my tummy feels very hard when press. Izzit bloating sign?

Wan, it's probably bloating, the gas makes you feel like you're still hungry. The complete opposite of me. But it probably is that. I had the gastric thing in between the ER and the ET. It's quite common.

The hardness is probably the bloating too.

Ondine, I always thought bloating will make me feel full. Now I'm a eating machine!

Very uncomfortable now. Just finish my wanton mee! My mum so shock to see me eat again just shortly after dinner. I will have a very hard time trying to slim down if this cycle didn't work for me. Chaim liao~!
sad.gif

Jac, where got good sign? too early for that. It's an early sign of being fat!
I suspect it's the HCG injection making me eat so much. Later must drink some ENO to burp out the wanton mee. Feel So stuffy now.

Hi, totally worried now because out of no where, had a bad stomach with diarrhoea. Just sat on the toilet and it just ran and ran. Like water passing through me. So, now I'm totally petrified!

Ondine, dr did warn me abt being careful with my food and not get any food poisoning! I think you better email Dr and ask him.
I have this terrible backache that wake me up today. Yesterday also got backache but not as bad as today. can't even move without suffering some pain.

Hey Wan, I don't really think it was food poisoning cos I ate all very cooked and very safe food and my husband ate the same thing. And after the episode, I was perfectly fine. So I don't know what to think.

Oh, Dr warned me about the backaches. He says it's because the ovaries move to the back after ER so it'll press on the back and give you back ache. He'll tell you to take panadol.
happy.gif

Ondine, don't think too much. Maybe just the normal body system. I will have diarrhoea every now and then. So I think it should be normal.

I don't think will call dr regarding the backache cos he seems very busy already so don't wanna disturb him. Moreover today is Jac's big day. If I call dr then he cannot concentrate.
biggrin.gif
I just take your advice and take some panadol. Feeling so unwell since ER. Hope can recover soon.

Today is day 8 for your embryos already. That's fast. Me only day 5. My test day is still 2 weeks away... But I realise the 2 weeks wait is not as bad as what others say.

No lah, don't call. That day when I had cramps and called Angeline and he rang me back, I felt really bad already.

So, what are my embryos doing today on Day 8?
happy.gif
I hope they're still around and viable.
sad.gif

Ondine, of cos the embryos are still ard. Maybe already attached and snatching the mineral and vitamins from you. So nv forgot your folic acid.

I feel terrible now. cannot sit, cannot rest on the bed. My back is killing me. moreover if I sit upright, I will have cramp. So many suffering to go through if really fail this cycle i don't know what i'll do.

Wan, I'm the total opposite and now am worried that because I feel fine, die lah!

You rest. Lie down with your knees bent so there's less pressure on your back, or put a pillow under your feet.

I think I have mild OHSS.

Mild
You may experience:
- Abdominal bloating and feeling of fullness
- Nausea
- Diarrhea
- Slight weight gain

I experience all of the above. Feeling so terrible now. Please remember to drink more water or else end up like me.

This may be due to:
- Ovaries are larger than normal, tender and fragile
- High level so estrogen (E2) and progesterone in the bloodstream may upset your digestive system and fluid balance causing bloating

Ondine, you should be glad. I feel like dying any moment. Time seems to crawl by every second cos I can't move ard. Even when I change position I can also feel my ovaries and stomach moving with me.
kao_angry.gif
I rather have another 50 injections than to suffer like this. sobz.

Ondine, the grey discharge should be the inserts we are having. I get very paranoid when I sneeze or cough. Wonder if will cough out the embryos.

No, it's white when it's the inserts. It was just this tiny grey half dried bit. Very small lah. Donno what it was, but got me paranoid.

Read many websites that said that sneezing and coughing won't do anything so don't worry.

I was looking at your OHSS thing. I have the bloating and the Diarrhea and in the morning, I wake up nausrous but it goes away. So mebbe... but generally, I'm a lot more fine than you are so you better take it easy.

Eat small meals but more often. That helps.

Hi Wan/Ondine
I'm back.Retreieved 32 eggs.(Alot right,I thk I really over stimulate)
After t ER,eat also cannot eat,in t hospital,eat wat throw out wat.tat type of terrible feeling plus hubby not beside me my tears keep on rolling dwn.
I also encounter pains when pee,walk worst than a sick patient.
I nd 2 bath but scared squat dwn my lower part pain.I just cannot stand tat type of hospital smell.

Jac, That's not alot!! that's way too much!
uhoh.gif

For 24 eggs, I already feel terrible with mild OHSS. Can't imagine your case 32 eggs. Better drink more water now to avoid serious OHSS. It might happen abt 5 days after your ER. If you are preggie, it will continue for abt 10 days. Imagine feeling that horrible for 10 days! One day I also feel like dying.

You better go to this website and look out for the signs of OHSS. http://www.ivf.com/ohss.html
It can get very serious if you nv handle it well.
32 is a very good number but the after effect is not good for the women. It must be very painful for you today. I think you will at least have 25 embryos to chose from and alot more to freeze.
kao_smile.gif
Better rest well now, you might have a terrible time ahead (advice from guo lai ren). Now I wanna sleep also cannot, wanna sit also cannot, wanna stand also cannot. Do wat also feel terrible. Don't know how to explain.
Tell your hubby to read the OHSS signs and look out for it too. Or else I scared you too tired and nv watch out for yourself.

Wan
I can understd how u feel.Me 2day just ER,wat u sayg all I facing now,feel tat still got long way 4 me 2 go.
sad.gif
Thk goodness u can explain wat I tryg 2 explain.
Me walkg also feel vy painful,if I not wrong my case similar as Ondine case when she having her ER tat time.Hopefully t pain will go away soon.
I did thought of going out tml 2 have some fresh air,now thk abt it I thk go downstairs I also facing problems don't say go out.
Tis path really vy xin xu,1st need 2 do injectn & next do ER/ET & face t pain & still need 2 take so many medicine.Sometime I really feel like cryg out.Hope everything we pd out will have retn.
happy.gif

Me also wan 2 rest more but just cannot sleep well.BTW after trfr in when u sleep,sleep still or still turn here turn there.

Jac, Your case same as mine lah.. very painful right. I remember I can't even walk fast. Must walk like old women. Even when sleeping also cannot toss and turn. You take the pain killer from the hospital? Take them before you sleep.
Walk ard the house also got problem already you still wanna go downstair. Maybe down the bed still acceptable.
kao_sticktongue.gif

Don't have any fast movement or else you will suffer alot of pain. Tomorrow also will be a long suffering day for you. Ask your hubby to get you breakfast or else you cannot go down buy then how?
I rather take many injections than have the ER and OHSS. Hopefully all will be worth it.
The worst has yet to come. When you start your OHSS then you know what is pain and suffering. Must prepare alot of ginger to boil.

Jac, it's going to hurt for quite a while. We made the mistake of having sex before the transfer and my insides really hurt!

Take it easy, take the painkillers. When you get out of bed, put a pillow over your tummy and slowly roll yourself out of bed. That helps. Drink warm water, eat lots and lots of veg so that poo-ing isn't a problem and eat simple. Soups, soft foods. It helps. Don't eat soy or beans or anything that will give you gas because then the bloating will be worse.

Your cases sound a lot worse than mine, but then again, I only took out 14. Which seems like so few compared to you guys!

kao_cry.gif
I cannot take it anymore!
The pain is killing me and I wake up crying. I think I cannot lie down too long. The back hurts like hell and don't know izzit my gastric also hurt like hell. they just don't let me rest. Everywhere is pain. even now still cannot control my tears from flowing down. It really hurts like burning in hell. Now I cannot sleep at all although I'm freaking tired.

Ondine, it is not recommended to BD during this period of time. Moreover the inside is injured from the ER so the more should BD.
I rather have 5 eggs only. now i suffer like hell.

Wan, you can take up to 4 panadols and it's fine. I know you don't want to do anything to jeopardise your chances but the stress you're going through cos of the pain probably won't help too. So try that. Have you been taking antacids? ANd the ginger? That's what helped me.

Hi Wan/Ondine
Like 3 of us now go thrg t same pain.
kao_cry.gif

Cannot sleep,cannot eat,cannot do anything like ppl suffering fm cancer.Touchwood............
At least both of u feel vy blessd now both of u then suffer tis pain after few days of ER while 4 me 1st day of ER all I did face it now.

Wan
Hang dwn there,everythg will get over vy soon.Don't over eat t painkiller,it will not have any gd effect on us & yr BB.

Ondine
U still have BD be4 ER,I did warn Wan be4 is not allow 2 have BD after u have take up tis treatmt which was posted by 1 of the gal.
Me since start tis treatmt we nver had any BD at all.My poor hubby I thk he going been a monk soon.
kao_happy.gif

Feel vy funny my pueregon fm 200iu change 2 150iu & later change 2 100iu,I still ganna over-stimulated.But when scan tat time Dr. did say abt 20plus eggs.Anyway thk so much also no point eggs had already retreived.
Chk w both of u,ET tat time we straight away proceed 2 clinic or hospital? When Dr.announce wat cell u got or how many trfr in is during ET is it?

Jac, Dr didn't say anything about sex until after the transfer, so we thought it was ok. ANyway, no harm done...

When you do the ET, go to the clinic first. Angeline will call and tell you what to do. He won't tell you how many cells till the transfer itself. But he should ring you today to tell you how many fertilised.

Hang in there you two!

Ondine
T pain is worst than menses pain like suregon pain like we went thrg t lasascope.

Ondine/Wan
Both of u must have positive thinkg cos now yr embroys is w u.
happy.gif

No lah Dr. said will call me tml.Yestday is my ER so in fact sun I shd do ET right,so my case is consider D3 or D5 trfr.

Wan/Ondine
Both of u so gd so early already take a nap already.
happy.gif
Me just feel abit better after t painkiller now thought of doing some ironing.

Ondine
So yr mc end at when?

Wan
t ginger tea must start 2 drink ater ER is it? I havn't drink yet plus feel like alot of pelgm so is it advisable 2 drink a not?

Jac, you cannot do ironing! better not take anything heavy. cos your womb now very unstable so it's best to rest for it to settle down.
If you no bloating then don't have to drink. cos if will be even more worst if you get too heaty.

Ondine, I took only one panadol a day to control the pain. I nv take the antacid. will it help? Me use all my ginger already need to ask my parents to help me buy later. But I scared they will suspect. Cos I haven't been cooking for days and the only excuse I give them is I diarrhea. But diarrhea why need ginger water? Don't know can use it for how long. Next week no more excuse.
But today diarrhea until wanna faint in toilet. Even sleep half way also wake up and lao. My hubby say I'm bloated until like 3 months preggie leh... Hope all the pain and bloating will go away soon.
This morning the pain is so intense until i feel like going to the hospital. BUt I very scared they make me stay there for many days then how to ans to my parents so i nv go.

Wan, You can take more panadol. It's harmless to you and the embryos. I have my brother's word on it. And antacids will help with the gastric. Ask your husband to buy you Gelusil from the pharmacy or if you can bear to drink, the liquid Mylanta cos those work faster.

The diarrhoea will ease up, just keep drinking cos the worst thing you could do now is get yourself dehydrated. How come you never told your parents?

Wan
Yr mum nver feel suspectd on u mah u eat non stop & yr bloatd tummy.hahaha..........So how everythg now u feel better after takg t medicine.Me feel better once I take painkiller.

Oh yes did both of u encounter after ER cannot poo at all.Me 2 days nver poo already,can advise any thing 4 me 2 poo.

Ondine
But I heard fm some1 say be4 eat so much panadol will stay in our body 4 yrs.

Ondine, I don't think i can take those liquid medication. Day 3 after transfer for me already but I m feeling worst day by day. Maybe I just take panadol and rest will do.
I got another problem. I don't feel my bladder full. I think it's the bloating cos my tummy bloat so big, there is many space for the bladder. It is only when I realise I haven't been to the toilet for a long time then I urine. And it comes in huge amount but strangely no urge.

Jac, I also don't know if they suspect but since they nv ask, I just keep quiet lor. I feel that the painkiller the hospital give us is very strong so I don't dare to take.
Me always diarrhea so I don't have problem pooing. Maybe you can try eating banana or drink milk. It helps me.

Jac, I had constipation after the ER but after the ET, no problems... so if you're not too uncomfortable you can just wait. Are you going to be doing your ET on Sunday? Is it more expensive?

Wan, if you can't take the liquid one, take the Gelusil. It's a chewable tablet. Tastes like you're eating chalk but it helps with the gastric. And don't be silly, take what the hospital's given you. DOn't be martyr about the pain. If they thought it would in any way harm you or the chances of the embryos attaching, they wouldn't give it to you.

Back