DR FONG YANG at FONG CLINIC ( next to Tiong Bahru MRT )

Sunbelle, i only use the Clinique 'huile' tonic to prevent stretch marks. no other products.
That's the one that expressly states that is safe for use during pregnancy.

I would just reply "Thanks for your concern. I'm feeling much better and hope to come back soon". and dont bother to reply anything more after that. First reply is for politeness otherwise they get bitchy and accuse you of being rude. No need to reply to any further questions after that cos its none of their business and you have already thanked them once.

sunbelle

usually ppl will roughly know u r pregnant if you try to avoid answering their qn
happy.gif
so jusst let it me and break the news when you are ready.

btw most of the off the shelf products are safe for pregnancy unless explicitly stated.

Hazeline

Did the doc ask for review ? I thought it is necessary for UTI cases.

lbt
yes.. say if fri stil got fever, mus go back.

But this sat I hv appt to c PD, so I was thkg jus ask PD to redo the urine test... to make sure all is clear.

anybody thinking of exploring water birth?? I think will ask Dr fong next month.. he sure to tsk me again. Asked him about eating the placenta last visit and he tsked me already
happy.gif

But read that Mt A has a suite with a tub for water births... heheh

Hi lbt, my girl was only 2.5g when delivered.. quite light hoh.. she looked skinny and wrinkly hehe..

I've also discharged yesterday but bb has a bit of jaundice so stayed another night but she's all cleared now and home with us
happy.gif

Will bf her as long as I can. My CL cooked green papaya with fish bone soup for me. A bit upset with my MIL. She kept saying I have no milk only 10min into my feeding cos she said my gal was sucking so hard.. I told her it's like that for the first few days one.. Then while I continue to feed my gal (sometimes she needs 30min each side), she kept saying baby not getting enough milk.. aiyoh... but I don't care, just continue to feed hahaha!! I don't want to be discouraged by her comments. I know my milk is already here just needed more days for the full flow. Already feeling engorged but softened a bit after feeding her hehe...

My CL will do night feed. I tried pumping, and only got 40ml in 30min hahaha!! Quite exhausting even using electric pump.

Joy, did you ask to see the lactation while you were in hospital? I asked for one on the 2nd day thinking I don't even have colostrum and my nipple was a bit red, but after she came and squeezed for me, I have! So happy hahaha!! So now, I know how to do it already.

Anyone seeing Terence Tan? When I told my sis about bb's jaundice and Dr Tan asked bb to stay, she said he's like that one haha!! My gal's jaundice was 12.2, just a bit above borderline and as new parents we sure say ok to let bb do more suntanning mah.. but we're asked to go back on Mon for review. I think his charges are not cheap. His fees cost $800 leh, just for the few times of visit he made.. Perhaps also include the standby fee when I was delivering since bb was distressed bah..

sunny, you sure you wanna eat placenta? I took a photo of mine though hahha!

Anyway, other than nursing my wound, I'm doing fine. Glad to have the CL to cook and do everything hehe...

faith
glad u're sounding cheerful... yes.. BF mus b persistant. Dun let any -ve comments bring u down... thk the more determine we shd b!

Drink more liquid... thk cannot drink plain water if u're very strict so more soup, red dates drk etc. Ned liquid to make more BM!

Somehow I thk bbs more or less wil get a bit of jaundice... try bring her out in the morning sun w her eyes covered.

Start ur massage oredi? Enj...

sunny...
u terror ah? hehe... i rem attending a bb forum n one of the gynae said in spore, not many ppl r that adventurous n thrus, not many gynae has experience on thgs lik dat.

So... he was sayin.. will u want to risk it or.. jus go the conventional way?
happy.gif

Even thgs lik assisted birth using vacuum or that clamp thg, cant rem the name.. diff gynaes prefer diff ways lor.

Itchy
happy.gif
and bored...

I'll let you ladies know how 'adventurous' dear Uncle is ;)

Faith, for the papaya fish soup, my malay massuere taught me to just lightly fry the fish before putting it in the soup - this supposedly releases more of the "good oils", and anyway, really makes the fish tastier..after a few days of eating the same thing, any change is good
happy.gif

Jia yu jia yu, if you need to increase BM supply later, can take fenugreek tabs or nursing tea as well. No guarantees but it helps some mums.

hi faith

dont worry abt bb's weight, as long as she is healthy.

yes keep on latching. as long as bb has 6-7 wet diapers n poo regularly, she is doing fine.

Hi Sunny,

Thank you so much for your advices. A lot of them test water by smsing take very good care of yourself n dun be like last time. In any case, I jus Bo chap all the subsequent SMS.

Yeah dun feel at ease when I happened to cause a fridge magnet chip off. cos the last time when the young boy magnet broke into two, I lose my first one. Praying hard that nuttin happened this round. Everything will go well smoothly.

Yo, guess must have a positive mindset to have the courage to go thru all the tests that are needed in the whole pregancy process. yeah mi braving myself and self motivate by looking at all the positive things like baby clothes etc.

Yeah gals, when do u think is a good time to return to office to work after spotting has stopped? I m thinkng whether wan to claim my own annual leave to take n rest at home. Jus wanna do my best I guess.

Lucki gt this forum to share with u all.

Yeah as for the safety of the products, I read somewhere it contain retinol then it is not safe for usage. is it true preggie mums cannot eat seafood? Hmmhmm

Yo I read abt the water birth yesterdae in mind your body.
Is still quite a new method in Singapore.

sunbelle
all ur tests done turn out ok? if so... dun worry n try not to thk too muc. Stay +ve, ok?

I luv crabs when I was preggie.. u noe how the elders wil say.. NO crabs.. else ur bb wil b notti nex x! My gal is pretty notti now, but I thk nothin to do w crabs.

Huzzah! it's friday!

Sunbelle only raw sushi cannot I think. For others, I think there was some scare about the levels of mercury in (mainly deep ocean, BIG) fish - certain kinds of fish apparently absorb/retain higher levels of mercury in their flesh, shark, Swordfish, King Mackerel, Tilefish(?), white tuna. Mercury is bad for preggers. But really everything in moderation. Eat once in a while is still okay I should think. Better than to start 'craving'.

Haze1ine! now that you mentioned it! I also ate a lot of crabs during my pregnancy haha and my girl really really also cannot sit still....also drank hehe some cups of coffee... and she came out quite dark (although I always said that that's her father's fault cos as a baby, she was his mirror image). This time, I'll eat a lot of lamb and beef (domesticated sheep and cows quite kwai one right?!) and drink a lot of soya bean before birth hahahaah

Thk basically they say those fish w/o scales better dun eat.

hmm... not sure if it's the beef but I ate quite a bit cos dr f say red meat more iron.

N my gal has lotsa hair! hehe

i dont know if food has any effect on bb but i still believe in genes n upbringing only. so eat everythiing in moderation n avoid raw food. oh yes heard retinol is not safe

Hi faith,

I did see one lactationist in the hos and she did squeeze the milk for me but she don stay long. In the end I arrange to see her one to one and manage to bf my bb. Tell u by 2nd day my boy is already crying non stop for milk so I fed him with fm 3 times in the hos. Only after seeing the lactationist I totally didn't feed my boy fm till now. U must rest well. Good to hv CL with u not like me all by myself. Real tired.

My boy is a bit cranky now. He woke up at 2am till 4am then sleep. Continue for 2 days already. Wondering what's with him. Usually nb sleep hw long? I think my boy sleep more than 20 hrs. Is he getting enough milk? He is fed ard 1-2 hrs so far nv hit 3hrs. He still pee and poo alot. 1st time mum alot of thing unclear. Haiz

joy,
u didnt engaged CL ? then who cook for u ? confinement period is the best time to build up yr health.
did u try to feed yr boy more milk ? u latch or bottle feed. if latch is normal they drink at a shorter interval.

Hi Haze1ine,

Yeah all tests done and everything okie. not sure issit due to my adeyomosis can only see the water sac at 6 wks now. Praying hard next week shld be able to hear heartbeat n see more.

Yes, I oso abstain frm sushi. Crabs are also my favourite. I spend most of my time sleeping at home cos the progestrone are so dronwsy. it is even more potent than sleeping pills. did u gals ever share with ur close collegue at work? yeah cos I keep on recieving lots of SMS.

next week will also be resting at home. felt guilty towards work too. Not sure whether u all have such feelings. Guess I m really a workaholic and that why I gt such feelings. there goes all the performance bonus. But end of the day, I felt all worth it with a littie bundle of joy in my arms, right?
happy.gif

I determine to eat healthily and do my best for my baby.

My full bm nt in yet, gettg stressed cos cant mit my gal's dd every 2hrs. tryg to persevere. thk God hb on leave n a great help n here to encourage me

faith
thk as long as u diligently keep latching or expressing at 2-3hrs interval... it will soon stablised.

jus giv wot u hv now... jiayou!

Thks lbt n haze1ine! Yah m latchg n pumpg whenever i can but so sad to c d low qty pumped out milk. itz been a wk since i delivered. my gal latchd v long (1hr at least combined) n hv to wait til she falls asleep n unlatchd her own b4 i can get sm rest

Hi Faith, and Joy.
Have you ladies tried any nursing teas (MIM's nursing tea or Origins Jamu's Sacred Tea) or fenugreek tablets (available at GNC)? My gf swears by the fenugreek tablets. But if you take the tablets, start slow hor. Dont gobble down too many at the start. Generally harmless but my gf initially had some reaction the first time she tried but when she tried again after a few weeks, no adverse reaction and plenty of milk.

Thks sunny. I've heard of fenugreek but nt tried. I'm latchg my gal on bed so dun hv to keep holdg her n i can rest. So far she hasnt askd 4 fm. I find one breast has lesser milk than d other. any remedy ar?

Went pd today. Her jaundice ok n she's gain abt 300g hehe.. hp she'll gain consistently.

haze1ine, m startg massage tmrw. Will ask if she can massage to help increase milk haha

hi faith,
before it's too late, dont latch bb till she falls asleep else she will treat yr B as the pacifier n very difficult to kick this habit. usually if bb fall asleep, i will unlatch her n change her diapers. then let her fall asleep on her own. anyway it is up to u.
happy.gif

faith
uhmm... my gal prefers one side initially.. so I end up w one big one small leh!

i tried fenugreek n the sacred tea.. i dun thk they reali work for me! haha I thk the regular expressing works better.

Woah... enj ur massage hor. I felt asleep during her sessions cos Im reali relax n enj it so much! Hope u lik it as muc as I do...

Faith, mine was also one more one less for all the 9 months that I BF'd my girl. Sometimes as much as half less. Quite normal la from what I've read. Try massaging the lazy boob more
happy.gif

My massage lady actually did help me massage the boobs and helped me clear some blocked ducts so no harm asking. Some are willing, some dont have the know how.

Can you or Haze1ine recommend your massage lady to me please? I've got one but bit worried cos by my EDD, puasa month already started and sometimes they change their mind and dont want to work.

sunny
I PM u oredi... u chk w her.

U wait for faith's review on her.. dun based on my word alone cos I do lik her n find her good! haha

The only small complaint i hv w tis massage lady is her punctuality. Else she's gd. I've done 6 sessions n postpone d last to nex sat since my hubby gg bac to work tmrw. better to hv my hubby ard to help w bb.

faith
she stay for more than 1.5hrs rite? cos mine usually drag til almost 2hrs. So I thk that's one of the reason y she's late.

anyone has got good CL to recommend? my friend neds one... pls PM me.

Hazeline,

busy taking bb mah. My bb have colic few weeks ago. Cried non stop. Brought him to PD finally have a good night sleep. My bb always sleep in the daytime and night time cranky. Any remedy? He has been a cry baby since his colic. Damn difficult to take care. Haiz........

joy
I guess it's a phase n they wil get over it soon.

Thk bb so young, cant really control their feeding or bedtime. They wil b better when they get a bit older. Try to make the rm dimmer n quieter when he sleeps so nex x he wil learn. But dun hv to shut out all noise... if so, nex x a bit of noise he wil wake up, lagi worse.

I rem my gal wil wave her arms wildly at times n cant seem to get to sleep. I wil wrapped my gal n do dreamfeed b4 I go to sleep, so she can sleep a bit longer that way I find.

U try letting him sleep on his tummy or sideways? some can sleep better dat way.. but only when u're around n in the day hor.. cos dangerous as he can't flip yet.

Wot did ur PD say?

Hi ladies, joy, my gal oso gets cranky at nite. Nt sure if she is colicky cos she does calm dwn aft we try repeatg these over a fw times: latch her to slp, rock her in yaolan pattg her butt.

Faith,

i can totally understand your feeling coz i am in ur shoe too. I even cried with my boy. His colic start from 1am till 7am morning. I quickly bring him to see PD and realise he having colic. I dont latch my bb already coz he is very impatient as he grow older so i will bottlefeed him and latch 1-2 times a day. I didnt give him yaolan. We will pat him to sleep eveyday.

Hazeline,

i tried to wrap him too but he will cry. He don wan to be latch. He acting like a big baby. I can faint. Not easy to take care bb. Think he is at his growth spurt now. Keep drinking milk. Btw, growing spurt need to increase his milk already? Pd asked me to feed him 70-80ml per feed. I am feeding him 90ml for feed. Not sure is it time to increase to 100ml. He is 7th week tmr.

Hi joy, i dont hv enuf bm to pump out n mit her dd so i had to latch. Tink she does find comfort in latching. gd tat u dont use yaolan. somehw when she's fussy, i cant seem to carry her in a comfy position.. so sad, as tho she doesnt want me
sad.gif

hi new mummies, before you hold your babies at night, take 5-10 minutes and calm yourself first. Sing a happy song to yourself. Or do something that makes you happy. Babies are very good at picking up their parent's emotions and they can sense that you dread the coming hours
happy.gif
I know my girl when a baby, her mood would suddenly change for the worse if i picked her up when I'm in a bad mood or had a stressful day at work. Now she's bigger, when she senses i'm in a bad mood, she'll come over and hug and kiss me. very awww...moments

Oh another happy note, I am glad to report that my final ammio tests are out and all seems good! Thank goodness. Hv been so stressed since the Oscar which showed risk of one defect, then the preliminary ammio results which said that the oscar test was wrong but showed risk of another defect... Ladies, if you think that you can never go through with terminating the pregnancy, please please don't put yourself through any tests. Just enjoy the pregnancy, and come what may. For me, after these 2 months of worry, on paper, me and babe appear to be in the clear but I know that there are no guarantees.

Anyway, now I can go back to harrassing uncle about placenta eating and waterbirths hahaha!

faith/joy
hmm... i rem those days. I thk sometimes, I was so tired that I lay down n let her rest on top of me... mayb hearing my heartbeat n feeling my body heat is a sort of comfort for her. Both of us ended up falling asleep!

Mayb u lik to giv sister kang a visit when u nex go Mt A for chkup... c if u're latching the correct way. BM wise... just hv to be determine... doesn't mean dun hv, u dun latch or express. Stil hv to do it every 3hrs or so.. else, supply wil drop lor.

sunny
u r one brave mummy... im sure ur bb wil b ok.
happy.gif

lbt
how's Rich? I thk my gal's wt slowed down oredi... She's not as chubby as before. She ate a lot of rubbish oredi!

Sunny, congrats ! what is the gender of your baby ?

Hazeline, is normal that their wt seems stagnant after they turn 6 mths old. Plus richelle is crawling so she's burning energy everday. My Richelle also tasted chocolates, all sorts of biscuits, bread etc etc ... all thanks to my mum aahah.. but this also makes her an easy going bb in terms of feeding
happy.gif

Hi Labbit, she's a girl. Mei Mei for number 1.
Was hoping for boy for variety sake but girl also good la. So long as healthy, either is fine. Plus save a lot on clothes!

Hello mummies,

How are u lately? Have not log in for awhile. I had yet to do my post check up with Dr Fong coz my menses just ended not long. Btw, bought bb for 6in1 jab. The package itself is $550 exclude consultation and Gst. Damn expensive. I spent $700+ for the jabs. The price was abt my maternity package with Dr Fong. Faint. How's faith? Hope that she is coping well.

joy
thk these jabs bopian... hv to go for it. Actually I've checked n the price is not a lot of diff btwn polyclinic n pte. Can pay via CDA rite? I use CDA...

u hv to wait for ur af to clear cos ned to do PAPsmear..

Guess the new mums shd b starting to c the 'pattern' in their bbs oredi.. but even mine til now, once a while, wil change 'pattern' one!

lbt
how many teeth does Rich has? Mine til now, only 2 bottom ones leh.. & stil not fully grown out yet! It's almost 4mths since i 1st spotted them... lik very slow leh.

Hi joy, m fine. Thank God i got help. My sis helps mon-thu then i will go inlaws on fri, mainly for meals. Bb stil cranky at times but we figured she was prob over stimulated during d day when we brought her out. she cldnt sleep well outside. Sigh.. so no shoppg 4 me then until she stabilises. Then again we cant keep her at home all d time n we want to expose her to d environment. So if we go out, we try to keep activity low w 2-3hr 1st.

She's also cranky cos of gas. any recommendatn? btw, how do i burp my sleepg bb ar? she falls aslp aft bf n if i burp her, she may wake n then cry. so naughty ha!

Speakg of 6in1 jab, did u take d 'new' or 'modified'? My bb is 6wks nw n will jab at gp near our pl

joy, and other mummies,
the jabs costs may not be much difference but did they tell you that the package is only for the cost of the jabs - i.e. it does not include the "consultation charges"... so each time you go for a jab at the pedi, you dont have to pay for the medicine but you still have to fork out between 50 to 80 (depending on your pedi's rates) just for him/her to look at your kid before giving the jab.

Think for my number 2, I will not sign up for any ped jab package. Will go to GP or poly where overally costs is cheaper and the queue is also shorter. Go to Ped only if have illness which GP meds cannot get rid off... I think on top of the 600 "package", I paid at least another 500plus on top for just the consultation fees and baby paracetamol etc (which are also outside of the "jab" package) - package only includes costs of swabs, needle and actual vaccination meds.

For the MMR jab, my hb brought girl at the appointed time when my girl was 18 mnths, waited 2 hours, girl got so bored (and obviously tired grouchy and disobedient). When finally went into the consultation room, ped tried asking her some questions, all of which she ignored. So Ped said, "there is a risk that she may be autistic"... so better only give the jab at 2yrs old. Then charged my hb $80 bucks for the "consult"! I was so mad, rang up and yelled at her for almost 15 mins.

I did mine at GP leh.. pkg includes consultation & accessment. Med exclude though... cant rem how muc. But do go to one who's familiar w bbs...

Like sunny, I bring my gal to PD only when necessary. My PD charges ok, $40 for consultation but I thk he's not the 'famous' one lah. But for very young bbs, thk stil better to go PD if sick.

faith
if sleep liao then no choice lor.. u can try carry her upright n stroke her back while she rest on ur shoulder... sometimes can burp that way oso.

thk try to let them sleep as muc as they want now... enj this peaceful time when they r sleeping more now. Cos when they r older, u hv to 'entertain' them when they r awake leh.

Back