DR FONG YANG at FONG CLINIC ( next to Tiong Bahru MRT )

Actually for me, okay if closer colleagues know as well...cos most, esp the mothers, tend to be more understanding (and less bitchy
happy.gif
) e.g. if half way through the day, you need to rest your head on the desk or close your eyes. And most understand if you tell them not to spread it out loud yet.

sunbelle
Thk ur boss will appreciate u tellin him, u can ask him/her to keep it to themselves for the time being. I thk it's better than them hearing it from others.

i hv spotting too til 14wks. I rested at home... kept my boss n admin informed each time I c doc n my leave is extended. They reduce my workload when I came back to work..
happy.gif

faith
woah.. u stil working...

Will wait for ur gd news nex wk!

joy
u doing ok w ur boy?

Hi Sunny,

I m sure most bosses will appreciate their employees to share with them. Guess manpower planning is also crucial. Just that I am being pa dang cos last time I shared with all before 1st trimeter. Some even tell mi off that time. Yeah I think you are right. Sharing with bosses and ask them to keep quiet for a while.

Sometimes is hard to decide cos in my civil service sector gossips travel much faster than official emails. Usually any resignation we will know thru grapevine first before the official email is sent out.

Faith,
wow is your job stressful huh? Looks like your baby will thrive well like you
happy.gif
I always think is not easy to wrk in a marketing firm.

Hi Faith,

Yes I m currently taking progestrone pills now. yeah jus hope the spotting will stop soon. Some say is discharge of old blood.

Hi Haze1ine,

are u also long MC during the times when u have spotting huh? To share with all, we have been trying hard for a baby for the past 4years. Even now, I m also planning to use my own leave to rest at home for the 1st trismeter. yeah not sure whether is it a right choice? jus feel have to do my best for everything. besides, I think I m a workholic so afraid kannt take it easy at work.

Yeah am I being kiasu or m I thinking too much? I know that by clocking MC will definitely affects my performance bonus but to me, baby is still more impt.

What do the rest of you think? So happy to be supported by so many of you. Felt so relieved n heartwarming in this thread.
happy.gif

sunbelle
I literally used up all my MC, HL, AL & was even on unpaid leave. Thk most of us here went thru a lot too if u read the archive...

But I guess I was lucky cos my boss was very supportive then.

Sometimes, I guess we jus hv to make a choice. Dun worry abt the spotting as long as bb is growing well. I know it can b really stressful, one esp drag going to the toilet!

Sunbelle, if you are planning to go off on leave now (ie during 1st trimester) then I think you should definitely tell your boss. Cos you're new and if he gets the impression that you're a slacker or thinks you're always taking MC or leave for no good reason, that's a bad 'first' impression which you will have to work hard to erase.

I had an ex colleague who was ordered to bed rest several times by her gynae during the 1st trimester. But she refused to tell her new expat boss why, just saying that it was 'woman's problem" each time. She just kept taking leave or submitting MCs. The boss called her up and accused her of slacking basically and was quite rude about it. He didn't believe that she was really sick cos pregnancy's not like cancer or something like that, when you're not throwing up, you look perfectly fine and well - glowing even. After completing her 4 months ML, she went back to work but the boss basically forced her to resign shortly after that...when the law's protection of pregnant mums ended.

I'm sure if you tell your boss about the previous incident, he/she will understand why you want to be extra careful this time.

i also agree with the rest, should tell ur boss. and request him to keep mum abt it after first trimester. can suggest to him that you work from home ? I usually let my boss knows once I tested positive so she understand why I go on MC often
happy.gif

Hi Haze1ine,

I agreed that we shld let our bosses know cos not only they can do manpower planning but also can be more understanding towards our condition. Yeah are u on MC for the entire 1st trismeter to rest huh?happy that u have an understanding boss. My current boss oso quite nice as she treated me to a welcome lunch saying that she know I have been trying. She will support me. My previous boss also supported me. My current boss know abt my past.

Hi Sunny,

Thank you so much for sharing with me a real life example. yeah it really enlighten me that people can
mistook u unless they know the real reason. it is very important to let people understand us ESP our bosses.

Oh yeah, haze, did u take the progestrone jab twice a week or once a week huh? how much does each Jab costs?

I m taking it easy now but really afraid to go toilets. Cos dun wan to see anything. yeah I m determined to bring my baby to this beautiful world and pamper her/him.

Hi Faith, have u gone for induce huh?

Hi Sunny

Hi ladies,

How often do u go back to dr fong for 1st trismeter check up huh? Is it weekly or on a case by case basis?

Hi ladies, yup admitted myself cos of brown discharge. Then put on ctg n had regular 3min apart contractn but stil hvnt dilated tis morng ha. Monitorg stil.. c hw later today

Sunbelle, appmt usu 4wks til 7-8mths unless dr f advise othdrwise dependg on indiv

sunbelle
I was put on a lot of support: oral med, inserts & jabs.

I dun jus get brown spotting, I c red oso. So it's pretty scary for me then.

Can't rem how muc the jab cost... but I ask my GP to jab for me, $10 each time for service so I dun hv to travel all the way to the clinic. The jab is purchase from the clinic.

I guess since u said ur boss is supportive, no harm letting her noe then so she can make the necessary arrangements.

faith!
Admitted oredi??

Some ladies can't feel the contractions... i guess when u can feel it... akan datang oredi! Jiayou for au natural!!!

Jiayou Faith!

Sunbelle
First trimester, if got problems or old like me, weekly or fortnightly. Otherwise usually monthly visits only.

Faith,

Finally u r somewhere there already. Rem to breathe in and breathe out. No noise when pushing and open ur leg hor. Dr Fong will be sitting in front of ur open leg.. Haha. U can do it wo epidural. Rem to see Dr Fong closed his eyes bo. Haha. Good luck.

Hazel,

I am fine lor. Latching bb but I think I techniques are wrong, my right nipples super duper sore. Don even dare to latch my bb coz damn painful. My bb very cranky today. Don wan to sleep on the bed and wants to be carry and pat. Faint. I am so damn tired. One man show. Trying to introduce bottle feed to bb.

Mummies, still rem ur newborn drink how many ml per feed? I fed my boy 110ml an hr later he is hungry again. Do they know whether they r full or hungry? My boy still don burp. I really don noe hw to make him burp. Which brand of bb wipes u all using? I am using pigeon and find it quite dry. Any recommendation? Bb having diaper rash now.

Lbt,

Motherhood is damn tiring and challenging. I really feel like giving up bm. Woke up every hour to feed and bb poo 6-8times a day. He finished 48pcs of diaper in just 4 days. He poo is damn watery and his anal is very red. Is he heaty or what?

Sunbelle,

I saw Dr Fong on weekly basis then 2 weeks once. I was on pills and jabs coz of low hormones. FYI, package signed at Paragon extra 7% gst. My delivery fees for Dr Fong is $1500 + $300 Dr's fees. Mine is normal + vacuum. His charges are quite reasonable and he is a nice gynae. He is not those pushy gynae, I still rem that I can't push my bb out, he suggested that he will help me to vacuum out but ask me to give a last try. I told him that I uv no strength just vacuum out. Hehee. My boy's head is ok.

Joy07, why dont you check your latching technique with Sis Kang or other lactationist again? Nips shouldn't be sore.

You can also try Nipple Shields. Think MIM and Mothercare should have (or hospital pharmacies). You use this to cover the sore nipple and areola while the baby is nursing. The baby sucks on the nipple shield rather than directly on the breast. Usually used to protect a sore nipple during feedings or when baby has difficulty latching on to a flat or inverted nipple.

But do note:
With shield, the breast doesnt get the same kind of stimulation so may lead to reduction in milk supply

Also, some babies get too used to the nipple shield, so getting rid of it later may be an issue. But if you're only using on right side and giving "natural" on left, this shouldn't be an issue.

Is he still jaundiced? In and out is good then. Poo will be watery for a few months dont worry. BM is v liquid. When baby starts solids you will complain about the smelly squishy semi solid poo
happy.gif

Try Desitin for diaper rash. I find it v good. Maybe the redness at the anus is also part of the diaper rash?

Joy

yes BF is a very very difficult task, esp for 1st time mum. I fully understand how u feel, cos I went through the same thing when I delivered Rachel. Worst is , she doesnt even want to latch so I had to pump every 3 hrs, on top of taking care and feeding her.

I think your bb has nappy rashes. Stop using baby wipes cos it will make it worse. Use lukewarm water to clean him. It is normal that they poo so many times per day. I dont know how much my bb drinks cos I latch them during first the 3 mths.

WHy dont you go to ur mum plce in the day ?

Oh btw, I am using TollyJoy bb wipes. So far so good for me, and it is cheaper than Pigeon.

To make bb burp, can pat him on the back, or carry him in an upright position. Or u can let him sit on ur lap, rotate his upper half of body in circular motion.

Joy, why observe if dr f closes his eyes? wat does tat mean? he's tired or annoyed? Hah! Did ctg juz nw n contractn interval longer compared to AM. They didnt do VE again. Mayb waitg for dr f, I duno haha! D midwife who did VE tis AM made me feel a bit pain, nt like dr f, no pain at all.

faithnhope, talking about uncle fong closing his eyes. you asked for enema a not? to clear your bowels before the actual birth... the nurse forgot to give me and i forgot to ask the last time... enough said. LOL

but you hooked up to the monitor already right? and not eating, only drinking liquids? If so, can do enema already lor, if you want la.

Hi Haze1ine,

How do u break the news to your boss huh? It must be a emotional coaster for u which I strongly believe that you have strong perservance n determination to overcome all odds. Very happie for you. How many mths are u now huh?
happy.gif

hi Faith,

Jia You! Soon you will be recieving the littie bundle of joy.
After one mth, you can plan your full month party. Yo are u at mount alvernia now huh? I love the place as the place is very peaceful when I first stepped in there to visit a pair of twins 8 yrs back.

happie to be in tis thread.s
o

z
so manu
so many mums n mums to show support for me. thank u so much.
think once i started walking like going dwn to eat breakfast,then back home. start spotting again.wonder mus i strictly on bedrest.will check with dr fong

sunbelle,

I was away from work for the first 4 months. Dr Fong gave me hospitalisation leave. I did not intend to tell my boss until after 1st tri however, all those hiccups making me rush to her office one fine morning (coz of fresh bleeding) to tell her that I have this problem and need to rush down to the clinic immediately.

Think boss can understand this kind of problem very well. During my leave, my boss does not even call me and just drop me sms to ask if im doing fine. She did not want to add stress on me. And, I was only joining the co for 6months, told my boss this 'news' a day after i passed the probation period. More zhun than planned lor... hahahaaa.....

Faith,

The midwife who do a VE for me was damn painful lor. I was telling her very pain. She told me to bear with it coz her finger not as long as Dr Fong. Faint. The midwife was telling me they will follow the Dr's protocol so I guess they are waiting for Dr Fong to come see u after his clinic close. Me more Cham lor, I slept on the delivery room from 1+am to 8+ am then dr fong came in to see me and burst my waterbag. If u give birth today, is exactly same day as me Friday but that was 3 weeks ago. Haha.

Sunny,

I planned to see the lactationist after my confinement. I am not sure whether is becoz of my short nip that's y my bb needs to bite first to secure it then suck. Haiz. Any remedy for short nip?

Lbt,

I wanted to air his bottom but he poo and pee alot, don't noe how to air it. Btw, he still suck for 10mims and sleep and wait up 1 hr later to feed. Faint. I tried all the method u gals tot me, he still don burp and he will vomit. At times be even swollow back. Arrr Angry......

Hi Faith,

Have ur littie bundle of joy pop out liao huh?
Jia you!

Hi Wonderland,

Thank u so much for sharing with me your story.
u mean dr Fong k issue hospitalization leave without the patient staying in hospital huh? How does it work huh?

Wishing all mums to be n mums a great weekend ahead !
happy.gif

Joy

you can air it during diaper change. Put a new diaper under his bum bum but air it and u can sing and talk to him at the same time.

and usually after poo, u ensure he pass urine before change a new diaper. Most of the time, bb will pass urine after poo. Do the "xu xu" thing to him to make him urine
happy.gif

alternatively, use cloth diaper until his diaper rash has healed.

btw what brand of diaper u used ? I always use PAMPERS for newborn until they are abt 5 mths old.

Lbt,

Thanks. I will try to do that. My boy hor very naughty. Whenever I changed his diaper he will poo on the new diaper. I using pet pet coz he shit alot but j don like pet pet, after finishing the 2nd pack will start to use mamypoko. I will try your method. Wondering faith give birth already?

Joy,

mamypoko or Pampers are still better for newborn cos their skin is sensitive at this age. other brands I feel is better when kid is older.

next time, u do the "hmnnnnnn" sound and wait for him to poo. Do this frequently and he will know that it is time to poo when he hear it again. Same for passing urine. Then it is easier to toilet trained next time.

sunbelle
My gal wil b 9mths this Sun...
happy.gif

joy
for short nip, try massage b4 u latch him. Make sure he open his mouth big big b4 ur latch him. Else, actually if u express out ur BM, ur nip n all might b longer cos of the suction.

yes, the 'mmmm' n the 'shhiiii' thg does work. But my mum is the one who's been quite consistantly doing it.

hehe.. now he stil small.. he can lay there stil when u change him. When he gets older, changing diapers wil b another challenge cos they jus refuse to keep stil! I've yet to find a good pullup pants thats not so thick n hot.. tried mpoko, huggies n drypers, but hvn't found the ideal one yet.

faith
how r u doing? Hope all thgs r fine w u n bb... waiting for ur good news!

Morning everyone

Joy07 - there are lactationists who make house calls if you dont want to go to their hospital office. Pay a bit more of course. Just ask them the rate. But better to see lactationist sooner rather than later cos once baby rejects the nipple or gets into the habit in this one month of biting you all the time, lagi cham.

Hi Wonderland,

Wonder how u spend ur time while on bedrest?
yeah mi told my bosses alreadly. They are quite supportive. yes, I also hope the dark red streaks will go away real soon so that I k go back to work as a normal mum to be.

Quite heartwarming to recieve lots of SMS frm my colleques at work. yeah somehow I felt that I m being missed and a lot of them are concerned abt me. That makes me want to do my best for everything including now.

What will be a good benchmark like after spotting stops, can one resume normal activity? I m nt sure whether the dark red streaks came from my endometrosis in the womb. Or is expelling some bad blood frm womb. Will check with dr fong the next time I see him. Hope to see the baby heartbeat the next time I see him. I have watched TV n really slept a lot.

Woder faith give birth Liao huh?

Hi Haze1line, congrats. U have graduated
happy.gif
are u a stay home mum huh?

sunbelle
Nope.. I dun hv the good fortune to be a SAHM, Im working full time.
happy.gif

Dun carry heavy thgs or bend/squat down. I dun confine myself to full bedrest but try not to walk too much. NO shopping.

U chk w nurse abt ur spotting? Best to call them if u're worried...

Hello everyone, thanks for your concern! Yes, I'v finally delivered my baby yesterday! She was abit distressed just before birth with cord round her neck and meconium when she was delivered.

I wasn't dilating enough up to the day/time of labour on 13 Feb night. Cannot tahan the pain while waiting to dilate (was only 1.5cm!!). Opted for for epidural before finally dilating to 9cm after a few hours. Dr Fong safely delivered her on 14 Feb midnight
happy.gif

Congrats! Faith. U got your Valentine bb.
We TTC about the same time last year. I also pregnant now and due in Apr. Looking forward to meet my bunny boy.
happy.gif

Congrats, faith! Take good care n rest well...

Update us on more details when u're ready.

Hi Kimi
Congrats to u too...

My gal got UTI... haiz. Oredi very careful liao stil kana...

faith
Congrats! Rest when baby rests okay. Dont bother about house work or guests or anything. Just concentrate on you and baby these few weeks.

faith

gong xi gong xi !! got pic ? btw how heavy is Little Faith ? :p

hazeline

what happen ? Your gal got fever is it ?

Hi Wonderland n Haze1ine,

I have checked with dr fong on the spotting too. I just took the jab n take the progestrone pills.

Now on hospitalization leave before goin back for review. yeah heartwarming to recieve a lot of SMS frm my collegues and frens. din really know what to say to them.. What do u say to them huh?I jus say unwell. then they will SMS to say what happened to you? How do u all reply to this kinda of messages?

I have already shared with all my bosses and asked them to help me to keep it a secret.

Hi Haze1ine,

Is your daughter okie huh?

hi rabbit,

How old is your baby now huh? Are u a SAHM?

yo, wondering whether can prenant ladies use Clinique pdts huh? Which are the safest brands for prenant ladies huh?
happy.gif

Thx ladies...
My gal getting better.. back to her old cheeky, cannot keep still self. But thk she lost weight.. now only 8.4kg from 8.7kg a mth ago.

I guess kids get real cranky when they r sick... bopian lah.

Im back to work 2molo...!

Hi Haze1ine,

Dun worry for your gal. My fren kid oso like that but after a while they start to eat more of their fav solid food.

Oh yes, wanted to share that both drpers n pampers are having sale at shop n save. Din Noe NTUC has baby wipes too. haha
happy.gif

Oh yes, there goes my Hp again. People smsing me asking me what happened to you ? K be irriating at times if u Noe that some jus kapo and wan to feed their group with info? How do u all ladies deal with such people huh? ;)

Back