Dr Charles Lim Mt E

morning girls! can't wait for the weekend to come.

bambini, hope your cough is almost gone by now. What I know is that preseed needs to 'interact' with your own CM for a while before you get into the act so it might be better to insert it in? But I have also heard of successful stories too with some applying preseed externally.

dragonhopes, how are things?

Morning Phy, Bambini,

Me, still the same le. leg cramp, stomach cramp. Last few nights woke up in middle of the night to pee but yesterday night no le. usually i wont wake up in middle of the night one, so i guess too much water intake cause that ba.

So much watery discharge since yesterday noon, i guess AF reporting soon, every month also like that.

How's yours, Phy?

dragonhopes, i started to have yellowish discharge yesterday - also typical of my cycles. besides that, my boobs felt a tiny little sore this morning when I woke up but that could be my imagination too. haha..

oh well, at least 2ww is ending soon!

Yeah Phy, at least it is going to over. Just dont want to put too much hope in it. Big hope big disappointment.

Yellowish discharge got more chance than watery discharge. My boobs also not that tender and pain to touch liao but STILL bloated..sigh

Jia you!!
happy.gif

Sometimes I wonde if it is a good idea to quit n relax at home while ttcing. Of cos financially don't have the luxury to do so, unfortunately. I see, work so stress , run here n there, need to deliver results, blah blah. I really wonder how do the people manage all these.

I'm currently waiting to see a normal gp doctor. For my cough Lo, I got chest pain when I cough, at first tot it was muscLe ache cos I cough 'too hard. ' but after few days still pain and not diminishing pain when I cough. So better see, just in case. But some medicine cant eat while tccIng.

Ladies, let's all Jiayou. Buy yourself something small to pamper yourself or go eat your fav food!;)

Bambini, of course it will be good if we are afford to quite and relax at home (for both man & women) but Singapore lifestyle just doesn't permit us to do that.

HOw's your cough today? Feeling better?

my update today CD28 DPO13: this morning woke up and saw some spotting,so i decided to take a test. so result was so disappointing. I have severe cramp, so going to get MC for today. Plan to go polyclinic later to get a refer letter. this round then we will proceed to que in government hospital for IVF.

I really dont know what to do, i dont want to go thru IVF and i just scare that another SO-IUI will disappoint me again.DH said rest for 2 months then start again but i just want to keep the hormone level up..sigh!

dragonhopes, no see red still got hope. Are you not going to try another round of SO-IUI with Dr Lim or ask for his advice on what's your next step? Dr Lim told me that after my Plan A and Plan B, I might have to go for laprascopy to see if there's anything wrong that needs to be removed before going for more expensive treatments like IVF.

Rest well today!

Phy, yes will going back to dr.lim on day 7 or 8. May have to check any block tube or not. The que in kkh is around 1-2months. So just take for precaution.

No red but waking temp is now only 36.50 meaning BBT could b just 36.2. Simply the temp before menses. So totally hopeless.

Jia you for u! Hope u don't have to go thru IUI procedure
happy.gif

dragonhopes, Im planning to go for SO-IUI for one cycle and if that fails, will rest one cycle before trying another round of SO-IUI. Im trying very hard to avoid doing the laprascopy as I don't want to spend too much $$!

pamper yourself this week if the ugly witch, AF, really shows up. go for spa, facial, pedicure and eat plenty of sashimi
happy.gif

bambini, how are you feeling? I think I cannot just quit and relax at home as I will feel really restless! And I think I will need work to keep my mind from thinking too much abt TTC. haha. 劳碌命

Good morning ladies! Yes usually I count cd 1 as the first day I see red. My period has become so light sinc past 3 years, the floW is very little, within less than 3 days just gone. I even thought I had thyroid but dr lim said ok lei.

When to doc on thurs night again , with stronger medicine, now cough is better. The gp wanted to prescribe antibiotics but I tot I better dun take. But I'm taking cough mixture n anti inflammation to remove the phlegm.

Ya, I cant afford to quit my job, plus stay at home will definitely 胡思乱想. Just hope that my work is less demanding so that We can keep our energy up.

This cycle I don't seem to observe any obvious sign. Except one time I cough so hard I felt an acute pain on in the lower abdomen. My skin for the past month has turned sensitive n had a breakout. I'm wondering if it is due to metformin or the new facial cleanser I'm using.

I really haven thought about the next steps if I fail plan a,b. My hubby will definitely go crazy with the idea of so iui or iui. He is so difficult to handle ;( So I think I will stop after plan b.. mayb tcm.

Sigh, I saw bloody red last night cd28 so I thought ok,
It is coming, I take it and accept. Then they decided not to show up for cd29 and now i am spotting again.
Sigh..what happen??!

I went for a 'its an art" talk conducted my prof P C Wong at NUH. Explain a lot on IVF procedure even a virtual walkthrough of the procedure

I think I'm going to do HSG test this cycle and see what else I can do before we do another IUI..

Morning girl, yeah I had monday blues also..I just called the clinic and arrange for HCG this Saturday. Hopefully that's a slot for me.

Urself? Hows ur 2ww so far?

Phy, how are you? I hope no news is good news
happy.gif

dragonhopes, how's your spotting? stopped or new cycle began le?

im waiting for my period to come. all hopeful symptoms are now gone. should come either tmr or wed. this time round, my hubby was more upset than me. poor thing.

we will just go with Plan B this time round if time allows. Hard for my hubby to standby and produce sample lei. Dragonhopes, did you and your hubby abstain from BD prior to IUI? For how many days?

I don't seem to have any sign this month. But it is quite early usually my signs show a few days before period comes.

I'm trying to focus my thoughts like how I must kick start some exercise plan next month. Cos I very long didnt exercise Liao. I have a feeling the mild pco can be contributed by the increase the fat in the body. Haha.. Easier said than done.. Going to exercise is really very sian haha..

I dunno about iui , but from the articles I read, sperms are healthiest if BD alternate days. So based in the same logic, should be stay away from BD 1 day before iui? Then
Again, better check with dr lim.

hey girls,

so sorry being missing for the whole day. Was caught in the training fm morning till now.

Phy, my AF officially arrived yesterday. Today, as i seated for too long, when i stand up, i felt the blood is flushing down like waterfall. i almost wanted to call ambulance if it happen again. luckily so far i'm ok. got to ask Dr.Lim this saturday why is that so when i go over for HSG. so scary le, i am so afraid will die.

Phy, why hard for your hubby to standby? you should stay nearby Mt.E also right? you go first lo, ask him come later. I abstained from BD since CD12 so around 3-4days should be fine.

Bambini, sometimes no sign is good sign. There is a girl sharing her natural pregnancy after failed SO-IUI. On that particular cycle she has no symptoms at all
happy.gif

Is good to keep your mind occupied so that you can get rid of 2ww. That's really torture.

I tell myself, I'm not that lucky enough to get preggie aster 1st fail IuI like others. After checking of HSG, going to se what dr.lim advice and see how. Plan to stop one or two cycle. Financially n mentally cannot take it.

Yes agree it's mentally n financially stressing. My hubby doesn't go with me so I paid for all the fees myself. I remembered I have to 'hide' the gonal F injections cos he will prob freak out if he saw. I have to secretly inject myself, heng I find it relatively easy n administer it n no prob. Will see how.

Dragonhopes, your flow sounds quite heavy.. Try to take more iron. Btw, what Is Hsg?

This month my flow is really heavy compared to past. Usually heavy flow just for CD2 but this cycle 2 days. I don't know will it bcos I have 4 follicle this round.

HSG is a tube checking test. If tube is ok, think DH will want to stop for this cycle.

Bambini dear, we will support you throughout the journey but one day u need him to support u also. My DH also quite reluctant but have to convince him time is precious to us! Of course if he doesn't know mean less stress for him and better performance
happy.gif

Thanks dears!

Did you see the news on channelnewsasia this am? about higher risk of women to miscarriage after 35 and male after 40. Abit low morale. Getting prregnant is only but the first step. It's a long journey man..

But, Lets all Stay positive!

Morning gals,

yeah, that appeared in Today newspaper also. I also kind of sian, my DH 39 next year. ya, that's the key point, let's stay positive
happy.gif

how ya Phy?

morning girls! dragonhopes, i had that one cycle where my flow was very heavy! And that was on CD3. It just gushed out and as I was outside, I couldn't even find a loo to change my pad. Very scary. Luckily my DH was with me but in the end, on the way back, I actually stained his car :p When he washed his car, he said machiam murder scene. Alot of blood. Actually it was that month that I thought I might have conceived. Had high hopes cuz feeling cramps, nausea etc.

bambini, which dpo are you at now? I used to (and still actually) pay all the medical bills myself, see gynae, TCM myself too as my DH felt that I shouldn't be so kanchiong. But then, now his attitude changed le cuz we are really taking too long! Yest he told me to start a fertility fund for all these fees and I was very touched. His support is very important too. I actually felt that I wasn't alone in this TTC journey.

I felt very sad hearing that you had to hide the jabs and do it yourself secretly.. Why not you ask him for his help? He will feel more involved.

dragonhopes, my previous gynae told me that HSG helps to clear tubes too so some couples conceive in the same month after the test.

bambini, HSG involves inserting a dye into your uterus so that it flows to the fallopian tubes. You can then see if the flow was obstructed or clear. As it involves xray, will need to do it before ovulation and abstain from sex before the procedure just so that no sperms will be affected by the procedure. It was a painless procedure and it's usually over in 15 mins or so.

Oh, Im staying in the north so not exactly near to Mount E. And sometimes DH had to work on Sat too and Dr Lim's clinic closes in the afternoon on Sat so timing might not be good.

Phy, you did that before? i am so relunctant of doing that, but no choice, i guess is last step.

I went to NUH talk, Dr.Stephen Chew said actually NUH will go thru all this test before performing IUI. Not sure how true is that.

Dont stress yourself over the collecting specimen, i am sure your DH will give you his full support. Who knows you will strike this month
happy.gif

Dragonhopes, yeah I did that before. One year ago I think. My previous gynae suggested that before he started me on clomid. It was a painless procedure for me. The nurse will give you a pad after the procedure as the dye might leak out abit.

You will feel slight menstrual cramp when the dye was inserted in. I think the procedure is about the same as IUI? After the dye was inserted in, I had to turn left and right to make sure that the dye flows through. I remember the gynae had to inject more dye the second round as it seemed abit stuck on my right tube.

When are you scheduled for HSG? Rem not to BD before that!

argh..i am so regret didn't do it during my 3 months waiting period when i did my rubella jab.

So, did your gynae said after that HSG we are not suppose to try for that cycle?

don't regret. I think it's not too late now too! Can try for the same cycle though my hubby asked if we will have a luminous baby since got xray. hehe. Some couples striked within the same cycle.

If I remember correctly, I think you also have to abstain from BD a few days after HSG. Just so to make sure that the 'xray residue' leave you?

I think I wasn't on clomid that cycle when I did HSG. Just natural ovulation.

phew! now i released. I already took clomid fm CD2. think just continue with it.

I already fixed an appointment with Dr.Lim to do HSG this saturday. So i am going to be first patient again
happy.gif
nurse ask me to go around 8.15am.

Will not BD until the procedure done since now only CD4 ma.

Ya loh, I think I will have a much harder time and effort to convince my hubby. I might as well do settle it myself. I remembered 2 years ago when I first use opk he got so angry. I threw the whole pack of opk (the expensive one somemore lei) and decided maybe we are not ready to have a bb yet. Then I figured now It is much more stress free if I just do whatever I like.;)

Somehow I'm still paranoid as I think my cycle is far to light from normal . hardly stained my pads during the 3 days. Only bleed when I pee.. I also ask dr lim in first n 2nd visit, he said no prob lei.

Today is opk 8 (or 9, since I missed testing opk one day).
No unusual symptoms. I stop taking bbt since I started with dr lim so trying to curb the temptation to take it now haha..

bambini, is your hubby ready for a baby now? Prepare your body well first so when your hubby is more open towards it, you are at least prepared and ready.

hmm.. how was your flow normally for the first 2 days. I used to bleed for five days and stain for 2 days for my period. Now after reaching my 30s, I also find that my flow is lesser now. Only first two days are normal, rest are also just staining. Can finish the whole menses in about 5 days.

Next time when you see Dr Lim (I hope there's no next time for you!), you can ask him about your lining. If the thickness is good enough.. I think thin lining will lead to lower blood flow?

I also don't have anymore symptoms now. Faded over the weekend.

Dragonhopes, HSG has to be done in a hospital setting. So I think they will prepare you (as in change gown etc) in the hospital. Im sure all will be fine. Keep us updated yeah
happy.gif

oh, forgot to say too. The last time I did mine at gleneagles and besides the procedure fee, I also had to pay for the 'rental' of the xray room. *faint* and after that had to wait 1-2 hours for the xray to be ready.

Morning gals,

Phy,didnt know that previously u were with gleneagles. Which doctor u with? How much u pay for the whole procedure?
Actually I can choose go KKH see doctor then do HSG but I just afraid to waste another cycle and want to get all things clear
happy.gif

Bambini, how's your cough? Better now?

Exercise, actually I hardly do. I used to practice yoga in a guru's house but she decided to stop then I stop also. Wonder which exercise will exactly help in ttc
happy.gif

morning.. you girls are early.
happy.gif

I was with Dr Lim Teck Chye at Mt A previously. His clinic is at Tanglin Shopping Centre so I think he had my HSG done in Gleneagles as it's nearer to his clinic. Hmm.. I can't remember the exact amount, maybe close to $500? The gynae's fees, procedure fees and the renting of the hospital xray room.

I think it's good that you are doing it under Dr Lim. I think ecups did hers in kkh and was a terrible experience? Poor girl..

I used to do yoga too but stopped as I got lazy :p And recently I self practiced these yoga postures at home for a couple of months but stopped too cuz just not enough discipline. haha. You can try them!
http://www.yoga4fertility.com/yoga4fertility/poses.html

Swimming is good. Actually also good for men as it cools their body *and nuts*
happy.gif
Recommended by Dr Lim
happy.gif

Phy, How are you?
happy.gif
keep my finger crossed for you

ya, not to change gynae now, stick with Dr.Lim for this
happy.gif

yeah, i used to swim but nowadays public swimming pool is full of chinese nation ppl, some just wear their bikini walk here and there then stand there to talk. i really wonder why can't they find themselves a more comfortable place rather than occupying the swimming pool. sigh..make me no mood to go swim.

I'm starting to feel the normal pre mens symptoms ie swollen breast, slight cramping. Typically 1 week before menses. Pretty much the same. I keep forgetting to take the mentformin. I wonder if there will be any neg impact.

Oh gosh.. I drank ice coffee during dinner and now still can't get into sleep .. It will be difficult to survive the work day later.. Haha.. Jia lat..

My god Bambini, so late you still staying awake. some more missing us
happy.gif

I guess this thread will only leaving you n me
happy.gif
Mentoformin i am not sure cause i am not taking. maybe should ask Phy.

Tomorrow will be going for HSG. Pray hard everything is ok

halo! i'm back! thou i dint leave any msg, but i'm stil reading *secretly*. hahaa. i did make a short appearance when the thread first started. my hubs and i have decided that we'll see dr lim afterall! now requesting for results from kkh.. so will see dr lim.. mayb tis month or nex. =)

hi Gingerbreadger, welcome back to this thread.

which CD are you? Actually if the waiting time in KKH not too long and paying the same price as private, why dont continue with KKH?

i doctor in government hospital dont do scan one. usually did scan in another room and seeing doctor in another room. Is that right?

dragonhopes, bambini, im still here!
happy.gif
I will update you girls if there's good news ok? Definitely, I promise!

Bambini, you should continue to take your metformin. i think it will help in our insulin resistance condition. I always take it together with the other vitamin pills, like Blackmores Conceive Well so I won't forget.

Dragonhopes, all the best for your HSG yeah. Rem to ask if you have to abstain from BD for a day or so after the procedure. Im sure everything will be fine.

gingerbreadger, hello!

Phy, happy to see you!
happy.gif
you may keep it till the time your are comfortable to tell, we will got the hint
happy.gif

You also take Blackmore Concieve Well? u just start taking is it? Ok ok, i will go n ask dr.lim.
happy.gif

dragonhopes> ya.. normally u have to go to another place to do the scan. the dr waiting time is not long, but the test waiting time is quite long. i dint quite like kkh dr plan.. cause initally when we see him, we dint realy decide on embarking on anyting, we jus wana do the test, and see how it turns out. so we dint realy mind the longer wait. when the results were out, the dr say i have low progestrone level, i tested in 2 cycles, one month was 7, another month was 1. he said the passing mark was 30.

at that time, the dr told us that his fertility plan is very agressive. but end up, he told me to try natural for 3 more months. then i went to do some research.. i tink my progestrone level is really quite low, and mite have prob conceiving. so i reckon if this is the 'agressive' plan, it shldnt get any better.. so since i havent embark on any medicine, i mite as well change dr before i start on anyting. and since hte rates r the same. and i tink every cycle is precious.. so i dowana waste time...

i'm in cd 2 now.

at wat stage does dr lim tells u the plans he have for u? does he embark on plans soon after first visit? or must monitor for few cycles?

Back