Dental Braces

jayce

Hi all, anyone of you have went for dental braces or are intending to do so? Please share. I want to fix my teeth which is crooked and have vampire tooth. I am now sourcing for good Orthodontics preferably in the east and/or central area. Thanks!

I did mine in May 2012. Main purpose of having the dental braces is to straighten my teeth n partially is to lose weight. Lolx

My clinic is at Jurong West, dentist is a Malay lady. I got to pull out 4 teeth before putting on the braces. Total cost is about $3k, paying in monthly installment for $200.

Gotta return to the dentist every month to change the metal wire and can choose the color of the rubber bands.

Hi Evonne,

Thanks for sharing! I have initially planned to go Aline Dental near City hall mrt, then in the end decide on About Braces at Novena Medical Center. Coz I heard a lot of good feedback about there.

Can you share more about your braces experiences?
Did you lose weight? How was your diet like?

hi, i had braces a few yrs back. initially was with national dental centre, then when my dentist went to private practice, i followed him. he is dr ang poh kang, clinic called @just braces at park mall. last time i paid abt 3++k in all. i had wisdom tooth extraction & 2 of my upper molars were removed to make way for alignment (i had protruding upper teeth).

initially i regretted like siao cos i cldnt eat anything when i first had braces! so painful!!! could only manage porridges or suck on bread haha but after a week or so, was ok le.

after a while i got 'adventurous' & would choose all sorts of colors for my braces haha

initially some ppl said its expensive la (i was still a student back then), i was too self conscious abt my protruding teeth la, bla bla bla, but i dont regret wearing them!

oh ya i did lose some weight somehow, cos i tended to avoid hard foods (red meat, tough seafood). i also avoided soft drinks cos my dentist scared me with this pic he showed, of someone who had so much soft drinks it left marks on her teeth when e braces were removed!

i also tried to have better oral hygiene by always flossing & brushing teeth regularly after each meal!

Back