December 2017 mummies

Hi, just to share, i fell sick when I was very early in 1st tri for my no1 and I had to take med and it is okie for the baby. I also fell sick a few times throughout for my no1 and he turns out fine and healthy.
I also had stomach flu a few weeks back for my no2 and also took med and it is okie. I fel that normal panadol is okie to take. Most impt is to let ur gp know that you are pregnant and they will prescribe pregnancy-safe med for u. It is better to cure your illness so that it doesnt worsen and spread to your foetus. Take care everyone. =)

Ohhh man... Mummychh any tips how to eat better with this kind of morning sickness??

I tell myself to not focus on or think about the nauseous feeling, especially during meal times. If I think of having a particular food for lunch but the thought of it makes me want to puke, then I'll not order that food. I love food in general, even during pre-pregnancy, so it's quite easy for me to enforce strict meal times and make myself eat no matter how sickly I feel - I just tell myself that the baby needs the nutrients.

Although I find that eating light tasting, non-oily, and spicy food helps me to keep it down much easier. Like soups, fruits, freshly steamed veg... I also add chili padi to everything, snack on cherry/honey tomatoes, yoghurt and organic granola mix... Strangely, I also crave lots of steak (well done for now). :)

I tell myself to not focus on or think about the nauseous feeling, especially during meal times. If I think of having a particular food for lunch but the thought of it makes me want to puke, then I'll not order that food. I love food in general, even during pre-pregnancy, so it's quite easy for me to enforce strict meal times and make myself eat no matter how sickly I feel - I just tell myself that the baby needs the nutrients.

Although I find that eating light tasting, non-oily, and spicy food helps me to keep it down much easier. Like soups, fruits, freshly steamed veg... I also add chili padi to everything, snack on cherry/honey tomatoes, yoghurt and organic granola mix... Strangely, I also crave lots of steak (well done for now). :)

So thankful I found your post. Everything about your diet spot on except the beef. Haha I should try snacking on your suggestions foodie like me, I cannot enjoy the same kind of 饱足感makes me feels moody.
Thanks mummy chh!

i recently felt numb pain at the tip of my tail bone,one night was quite bad that i actually woke up cos of it. otherwise is morning I'll feel a little pain only. anyone experience it?

My wife is into her 21 weeks pregnancy and EDD is around mid Nov 17 and is expecting a female baby. She just have her 20th week scan at KKH on last Saturday and the report suggested that there was a cystic structure connecting to gallbaldder of the unborn baby and suspected it maybe choledochal cyst. We are both very worried and confused upon hearing this.

Does anyone have any info on choledochal cyst and what harm it may cause to the baby after she is born. Is there any good gyane/doctor to recommend as we are exploring to have a 2nd opinion on this matter.

Thank you for spending time to read my post

My wife is into her 21 weeks pregnancy and EDD is around mid Nov 17 and is expecting a female baby. She just have her 20th week scan at KKH on last Saturday and the report suggested that there was a cystic structure connecting to gallbaldder of the unborn baby and suspected it maybe choledochal cyst. We are both very worried and confused upon hearing this.

Does anyone have any info on choledochal cyst and what harm it may cause to the baby after she is born. Is there any good gyane/doctor to recommend as we are exploring to have a 2nd opinion on this matter.

I saw Dr Ananda at Camden Medical Clinic when my previous baby was at risk for Down syndrome, not sure if he's familiar with choledochal cyst. U can try checking the internet for more info.

You can consult Dr Chang Tou Choong from TMC. He is the medical director at tmc's fetal assessment unit there.

I got this weird and guilty feeling whenever I uses scissors at work. Any mommies feels the same? I know that sounds silly but when you hear too Much those old myth can't help but to think a lot.

I got this weird and guilty feeling whenever I uses scissors at work. Any mommies feels the same? I know that sounds silly but when you hear too Much those old myth can't help but to think a lot.

I only know about no scissors and other sharp objects on the bed

You might want to repeat the detail scan at nuh - Dr biswar in NUH is very experienced, scan around $160.50.
Ever happen to my friend before, kkh reported down syndrome but nuh tells otherwise..
baby out everythings alright

I echo @bb_hopeful. Dr. Ananda from Camden Medical Centre is one of the best in his field. I got my detailed scan done by him for my first kid 3 years ago and he's very, very detailed and took his time to scan and explained every step to us instead of rushing through the process. The detailed scan cost us about $450 at that time, not sure about now.

Any mummies experienced pain in the upper stomach area? Not lower abdomen... But more like the middle stomach part, right under the breasts... feels like you ate something wrong kind of pain... but I don't have nausea or diarrhoea.

Any mummies experienced pain in the upper stomach area? Not lower abdomen... But more like the middle stomach part, right under the breasts... feels like you ate something wrong kind of pain... but I don't have nausea or diarrhoea.

I have to curl up and lay on my side to feel slightly better. Once I stretch out my body straight or stand up to walk, it's very painful...

No burping or passing gas. But upper stomach does feel firm like bloated...
seems like too much acid in your stomach. i used to have this problem before pregnancy, it was so bad that i couldn't get up from bed at all. check with yr gp if it is, if yes have to take some gaviscon or other meds

Yes, I have it quite often at night. Sometimes gives me difficulty to sleep. Anyone know the reason?

Yes, I have it quite often at night. Sometimes gives me difficulty to sleep. Anyone know the reason?

Do you have it every night? I ended up feeling better by the 3rd day so I didn't pursue it. If it happens again then I'll ask my gynae. Tried to do some research online - since I don't have constipation, it very likely was gas pains.

Can I ask how much weight have you mummies gained so far?

I'm now at 17 weeks and have only gained 1kg! I'm a bit worried and wondering if I should eat more. With my #1, I gained almost 20kg throughout the whole pregnancy... with this one, I seem to be gaining slower.

The difference between my #1 and this one are that I didn't have much morning sickness with my #1 and was eating a lot more, and I also drank Anmum's Materna milk everyday and had Ensure Plus milk occasionally with my #1. I was also living with my mother then so she could cook nutritious meals for me.

Am wondering now if I should either increase my food intake and track the food calories (consume more healthy high-fat food like avocado, organic peanut butter etc.), or start drinking Anmum's Materna milk...

I'm now at 17 weeks and have only gained 1kg! I'm a bit worried and wondering if I should eat more. With my #1, I gained almost 20kg throughout the whole pregnancy... with this one, I seem to be gaining slower.

The difference between my #1 and this one are that I didn't have much morning sickness with my #1 and was eating a lot more, and I also drank Anmum's Materna milk everyday and had Ensure Plus milk occasionally with my #1. I was also living with my mother then so she could cook nutritious meals for me.

Am wondering now if I should either increase my food intake and track the food calories (consume more healthy high-fat food like avocado, organic peanut butter etc.), or start drinking Anmum's Materna milk...

If ur gynae has not raised any concerns, it shld be ok.

I have lost 2kgs but he's not worried abt it. Maybe bcos I was slightly overweight to begin with.

i gained about 1.5kg,week 17 this week too. i went for my checkup last week & my gynae didn't complain about my weight. baby size is okay too so shouldn't be an issue too

If ur gynae has not raised any concerns, it shld be ok.

I have lost 2kgs but he's not worried abt it. Maybe bcos I was slightly overweight to begin with.

Thanks for sharing! I'm quite slim so I felt "sturdier" when I gained weight with my #1... not sure if this makes sense but not gaining as much weight with this pregnancy made me scared that I'll be "too thin to tahan child birth". Hahaha! Being sturdier feels stronger to me.

i gained about 1.5kg,week 17 this week too. i went for my checkup last week & my gynae didn't complain about my weight. baby size is okay too so shouldn't be an issue too

Thanks for sharing! Hopefully my baby will measure on track too... my next scan won't be until 3 weeks from now - at 20th week. :)

Thanks for sharing! I'm quite slim so I felt "sturdier" when I gained weight with my #1... not sure if this makes sense but not gaining as much weight with this pregnancy made me scared that I'll be "too thin to tahan child birth". Hahaha! Being sturdier feels stronger to me.

Dun worry too much. Esp if u had ms during 1st tri, it's quite normal to lose weight. Jus eat healthily and the weight will start coming on.

Thanks misqiqi . This is my 2nd time, read that 2nd pregnancy will feel earlier but my 2nd one seems not as active as my 1st one. With my 1st, I felt it around 16weeks, but this time until 17weeks, haven't feel at all .

i'm almost 19 weeks and haven't seem to feel any fetal movement yet.. for the last pregnancy, I felt movements at around 18 weeks.

DeaR mummies, any intro on pregnancy insurance??? I'm working in the private hospital, the private bills really frightens me quite a bit of in any cases baby needs NICU for observation or choy premature labour, at least I'm covered.
Anybody can advise which insurance company should I go for??

DeaR mummies, any intro on pregnancy insurance??? I'm working in the private hospital, the private bills really frightens me quite a bit of in any cases baby needs NICU for observation or choy premature labour, at least I'm covered.
Anybody can advise which insurance company should I go for??

If you want an insurance that's not tied to an ILP/endowment plan, you might want to consider either the OCBC's Max Maternity plan (underwritten by Great Eastern), Great Eastern's Flex Maternity Cover or NTUC maternity 360 plan. The rest from other companies appears to be tied to some ILP/endowment plan (which is fine if you like those). We got ours from OCBC because it comes with a $108 cash gift to baby's CDA account and another $108 to offset purchase of baby's integrated shield plan when he's born, so end up quite cheap I though. :)

Thanks babe I went through the ocbc :) quite exp almost $500 .. Not sure if I should get one to protect lil one or I should wait till baby 2 weeks old for a hospitalisation insurance???

Thanks babe I went through the ocbc :) quite exp almost $500 .. Not sure if I should get one to protect lil one or I should wait till baby 2 weeks old for a hospitalisation insurance???

Welcome. I guess it depends on your situation. For instance I know of friend who have some known family history from daddy and they get those that are tied in with ILP/endowment plan to ensure continued protection right from birth since insurance company will not offer coverage (or much deferred coverage) if borned with some defects. In our case, it's about $500+, but after deducting the $108 cash gift to baby's CDA and $108 voucher (which I will use for baby's hospitalisation plan and rider), it's $300+ for a 3 yr+ coverage which I thought is quite reasonable. In any case if you're getting it, try to do it early before your 20th week fetal anomaly scan which may likely make you ineligible for the insurance if they find anything wrong. It's the same price anyway so we got it the moment it's opened to us at 13th week. :)

Hi Mummies,
I am expecting my 2nd baby this year.

I would like to share, recently I attended an awesome nutritional class. The speaker is one of the well-known nutritional teacher in the field.
She has been teaching for 17 years and was even invited to attend health talks on television.

She share very details information like what rice, eggs or chicken we should look out for and what household products we should be aware as the toxins/chemicals will be harmful to our baby in the tummy.

I really feel this is a very essential class for all mummies to attend.
As we all want a healthy cute little baby!

She has class on Mon 7.30pm, Wed 7.30pm & Sunday 4pm

If you are interested, let me know I can help you to enroll the class. :)

Hi Mummies,

I would like to share, recently I attended an awesome nutritional class. The speaker is one of the well-known nutritional teacher in the field.
She has been teaching for 17 years and was even invited to attend health talks on television.

She share very details information like what rice, eggs or chicken we should look out for and what household products we should be aware as the toxins/chemicals will be harmful to our baby in the tummy.

hi i am interested. Can i know how much is the class?

Welcome. I guess it depends on your situation. For instance I know of friend who have some known family history from daddy and they get those that are tied in with ILP/endowment plan to ensure continued protection right from birth since insurance company will not offer coverage (or much deferred coverage) if borned with some defects. In our case, it's about $500+, but after deducting the $108 cash gift to baby's CDA and $108 voucher (which I will use for baby's hospitalisation plan and rider), it's $300+ for a 3 yr+ coverage which I thought is quite reasonable. In any case if you're getting it, try to do it early before your 20th week fetal anomaly scan which may likely make you ineligible for the insurance if they find anything wrong. It's the same price anyway so we got it the moment it's opened to us at 13th week. :)
just curious but wouldn't the integrated health shield plan cover some of these?

just curious but wouldn't the integrated health shield plan cover some of these?
The integrated shield plan covers just the hospital bill portion (you'll still need to foot the 1st $xxxx as deductible unless you've bought additional riders to cover those). The maternity plan covers the mother for some complications until she give birth and then continue to covers the baby on some congenital illnesses and stuffs for the 1st 3 years. This doesn't goes to the hospital but is just additional cash benefits. So this is probably optional coverage that's good to have. Most important is still to get proper integrated shield plan (and riders if necessary) to cover any potential hospital bills which can be quite scary.

Hi Mummies,

Hi mrs. Tong im interested but can i know wat is the charges for the lesson and also where is it held? thanks for the info :)

Back