December 2017 mummies

Believe most of us are into our 2nd trimester already or just started 2nd trimester... congrats all mummies! Have you mummies announced your pregnancy on social media? :)
Not yet. As this baby decided to pop up when me and my fiancé halfway planning our wedding.
Will announce after our wedding.:D

Hi mummies.
I want to ask if anyone also feeling bloated after eating and want to puke? Had been feeling this ever since preggy.
Kept burping and feeling bloated.
Wonder when will it go away and whether will it get better in 2nd trimester.
I'm coming to 14 weeks.

Hi mummies.
I want to ask if anyone also feeling bloated after eating and want to puke? Had been feeling this ever since preggy.
I'm coming to 14 weeks.
me.. i get bloated easily now especially after lunch. im at week 14 now too

Hi mummies.
I'm coming to 14 weeks.
Me, me been feeling like these for past 2 months till now into 15weeks still on & off. Gynae did prescribe me medicine to get rid of wind but me try not to take unless really feeling miserable. Been drinking ginger tea, those taiwan ginger tea with brown sugar, red date & longan

Hi mummies.
I'm coming to 14 weeks.
It will only get slightly better.. I'm in my 16 going 17 weeks already but the bloatedness is still there.. the advice to take smaller but frequent meals is very helpful.. you dont have to eat until you're full for each meal, just as long as you don't feel hungry anymore can already..

Hi ladies .. did the nipt test last week 12jun. Just got a call from the nurse and telling me "no result" due to not enough BB DNA. Asked to go back for 2nd time test. Im now sooo worried:(

Hi

Anyone's tummy start to show bump? Mine 13-14 weeks and already showing
Mine start showing around then too! Abit paiseh then, coz dunno is bloated or really bump. Haha.. Im 17weeeks now, and it's even more obvious already. =)

Hi ladies .. did the nipt test last week 12jun. Just got a call from the nurse and telling me "no result" due to not enough BB DNA. Asked to go back for 2nd time test. Im now sooo worried:(

Hi littlepoppy,

Try not to worry too much though I know it is difficult. I was an emotional wreck myself when I went thru harmony test 3 times, with each result coming back not enough fetal DNA. In the end took igene test the 4th time, everything is fine. So sometimes it just happens. Don't overthink and stress yourself. Jia you!

I've been having a dull slight pain at right lower groin area on and off whole day. Do you ladies experience this? I suspect it's round ligament but not sure.

Mine start showing around then too! Abit paiseh then, coz dunno is bloated or really bump. Haha.. Im 17weeeks now, and it's even more obvious already. =)

I asked my gynae at around 12 weeks.. is that my bump or am I just fat.. then she show me roughly at how many weeks how big the womb is etc.. (you can google the size too).. the womb will grow from the bladder area upwards towards ur chest.. you can use that to determine whether is it bloated or your bump..

Hi any mummies experience 2nd round of MS? I thought my MS is over already.. but recently I feel that it's coming back.. I can't seem to keep my food down, even if i eat very little and I keep having headaches..

hi mummies, my edd is also in Dec. Has been a silent reader these days...This is my #3. I am now at week 15, already done my harmony test and its a GIRL!!!
Hope to know all of you more!!

Down with fever, flu, cough and sore throats. Visited normal gp but quite reluctant to take the Med as afraid it might harm the baby. :(
Any suggestions?

Down with fever, flu, cough and sore throats. Visited normal gp but quite reluctant to take the Med as afraid it might harm the baby. :(
Any suggestions?
Same here...having flu n sore throat. Went to gp today and doc said take the medicines 1-2 days nvm. But I'm still skeptical. Just drink more water. I also take honey in the morning, and eat more fruits. Take care! Lotsa ppl falling sick this season..

Same here...having flu n sore throat. Went to gp today and doc said take the medicines 1-2 days nvm. But I'm still skeptical. Just drink more water. I also take honey in the morning, and eat more fruits. Take care! Lotsa ppl falling sick this season..
Aww.. get well soon too!

So worried that it will affect baby, but not taking Med I can't recover as well. :(

Any suggestions?

there are some medicine that can be taken for flu during pregnancy.. it's better to get well soon than let it dragged on.. I have diarheaa and flu quite often.. so I checked with my gynae which are the common medicine that can be taken for these.. subsequently i request the gp to to give me those that my gynae approved..

Aww.. get well soon too!

So worried that it will affect baby, but not taking Med I can't recover as well. :(

Please take care.

Just sharing, hope you don't mind. Not meant to cause any alarm, but there have been numerous studies pointing to increased risk of autism when having fever during pregnancy (especially so with multiple fever occurrence during 2nd trimester). Study also carried out on the different type of medication to bring down the fever and it was suggested that using ibuprofen *may* better reduce the risk of autism as compared to other drugs (like panadol for eg) due to its anti-inflammatory properties. Do note much more studies are needed, but if either ibuprofen or other medicine is suitable for you, I'll probably go with ibuprofen just in case. I'm not a doctor so you'll probably still want to check with your doctor first. Take care.

http://www.nature.com/mp/journal/vaop/ncurrent/full/mp2017119a.html

hi mummies/mummies-to-be, hope all of you are doing well!

a qn: how many of you still go for your facial sessions? im 15w now and my skin is really crying for help hahaha.. asked my facial therapist and she said can, but she wont use machines and no shoulder massage.

would you all still go? just want ur opinion...

Just saying hi,

1. My wife is Vietnamese and her EDD is 19 Dec 17. She is anxious (as she has few miscarriages before) and basically has been confining herself to our room for the last couple of months...

2. I am leaning towards Mt A for deliver and am currently opening our options to find a female gynae. Please pm me if you have info to share.

3. Any Vietnamese ladies here delivering this year? Please pm me if you would like to get in touch with my wife to chat. (Cam on).

Thanks very much
:) Lorenz.

hi im not vietnamese nor am i considering Mt A, but would just like to extend my wishes of good luck to ur wife n u! :)

a qn: how many of you still go for your facial sessions? im 15w now and my skin is really crying for help hahaha.. asked my facial therapist and she said can, but she wont use machines and no shoulder massage.

I went for my at 14 weeks. The beautician said the same thing. If you are worried checked with your gynae?

I'm 20 weeks.. and still go every month.. no essence, and no machine.. my therapist still will do some light shoulder massage for me.. if u really need a good massage.. probably go for those prenatal massage which is safer..

Any mummies have "black stools"?
I recently googled its caused by folic acid and the supplement we take too much iron?
Anyone with same experience?

Please take care.

Just sharing, hope you don't mind. Not meant to cause any alarm, but there have been numerous studies pointing to increased risk of autism when having fever during pregnancy (especially so with multiple fever occurrence during 2nd trimester). Study also carried out on the different type of medication to bring down the fever and it was suggested that using ibuprofen *may* better reduce the risk of autism as compared to other drugs (like panadol for eg) due to its anti-inflammatory properties. Do note much more studies are needed, but if either ibuprofen or other medicine is suitable for you, I'll probably go with ibuprofen just in case. I'm not a doctor so you'll probably still want to check with your doctor first. Take care.

http://www.nature.com/mp/journal/vaop/ncurrent/full/mp2017119a.html

Hi all, as a healthcare professional, I would advise everyone to take Ibuprofen as stated in this article with great amount of caution.

Ibuprofen belongs to a class of drug known as NSAIDs and in pregnancy:

"Pregnancy Considerations
Birth defects have been observed following in utero NSAID exposure in some studies; however, data is conflicting (Bloor 2013). Nonteratogenic effects, including prenatal constriction of the ductus arteriosus, persistent pulmonary hypertension of the newborn, oligohydramnios, necrotizing enterocolitis, renal dysfunction or failure, and intracranial hemorrhage have been observed in the fetus/neonate following in utero NSAID exposure. In addition, nonclosure of the ductus arteriosus postnatally may occur and be resistant to medical management (Bermas 2014; Bloor 2013). Because NSAIDs cause premature closure of the ductus arteriosus, prescribing information for ibuprofen specifically states use should be avoided starting at 30-weeks gestation.

Use of NSAIDs can be considered for the treatment of mild rheumatoid arthritis flares in pregnant women; however, use should be minimized or avoided early and late in pregnancy (Bermas 2014; Saavedra Salinas 2015). If treatment of migraine is needed in pregnant women, ibuprofen is preferred when an NSAID is required; however, other agents are recommended as initial therapy (Amundsen 2015).

The chronic use of NSAIDs in women of reproductive age may be associated with infertility that is reversible upon discontinuation of the medication. Consider discontinuing use in women having difficulty conceiving or those undergoing investigation of fertility. The use of NSAIDs close to conception may be associated with an increased risk of miscarriage (Bloor 2013; Bermas 2014)."

The article has quoted many confounding factors in the study as well, and also cited that there other factors that have also been affiliated to a higher risk of autism such as smoking and being a first time mum.

Paracetamol (found in panadol - the normal one) is however safe in pregnancy.

I think the important thing is if there's a fever - please treat it. Do not let it escalate until it's too high (as with infants). As to the choice of medication, I would still go with paracetamol (found in panadol) as the risk to the fetus is much lower as compared to NSAIDs (eg. ibuprofen). If your doctor has prescribed you ibuprofen, then likely the doctor has weighed the pros and cons and deemed ibuprofen more beneficial in your case.

Thank you for your time! and I have baby #2 due in December too! =) Hope all the other mummies get well soon! Don't be hesitant to take meds as there are meds safe in pregnancy. Always ask your doctor/gyane if unsure.

i was sick with fever flu cough everything last week too and took panadol & lots of vitamin C. if we cannot get better through natural remedy after 2 days better take meds already rather than exposing your body to viruses for a longer time.
vitamin C really helps me get well within 2 days ! and sleeping early too.

Hi littlepoppy,

Try not to worry too much though I know it is difficult. I was an emotional wreck myself when I went thru harmony test 3 times, with each result coming back not enough fetal DNA. In the end took igene test the 4th time, everything is fine. So sometimes it just happens. Don't overthink and stress yourself. Jia you!
Hi bbhopeful77 mummy.. thank you so much for the comforting advice and sharing ur experince. may i know what was the reason of that happened? for myself i haven gone bck to retest till my next visit on 10th jul. by then will be 16 weeks. what i can do now is just stay positive, rest well and eat well :)

Hi any mummies experience 2nd round of MS? I thought my MS is over already.. but recently I feel that it's coming back.. I can't seem to keep my food down, even if i eat very little and I keep having headaches..

Same here. My MS went off 2 to 3 weeks ago but it's back again. And I will have slight headaches once or twice a week... I find that sleeping in non-aircon makes me feel better. So I have been sleeping in another room from my husband with the window slightly open and I used the fan instead.

Same here. My MS went off 2 to 3 weeks ago but it's back again. And I will have slight headaches once or twice a week... I find that sleeping in non-aircon makes me feel better. So I have been sleeping in another room from my husband with the window slightly open and I used the fan instead.

But the good thing is that my appetite is way better now and I've been increasing my food intake.

Last edited:

Me too!! Everything you said we're what I'm having now babe :( I'm at my 14th week , can anybody tell if this is the "symptom " of a baby girl???

Any mummies have "black stools"?
I recently googled its caused by folic acid and the supplement we take too much iron?
Anyone with same experience?
I do. I asked my gynae during last appt. She said its normal and probably due to iron intake. So it relieves me. :)

I went for mine during first trimester as my sister asked me along and she's also pregnant. The beauty advisor told us no machine for pregnant moms so we did the hydrating facial. FYI, diamond peel, oxygen facial involves machinery so have to say goodbye to those for these couple of months.

Now I'm still looking around for confinement lady. I was hoping for find day time kind. If really no choice, then go for malaysian stay in. This is like making me anxious.

Now I'm still looking around for confinement lady. I was hoping for find day time kind. If really no choice, then go for malaysian stay in. This is like making me anxious.

If u r ok with cost, u can try those CL agencies. They have different options for different needs. But I can't advise which is good cos I don't use CL.

Back