December 2017 mummies

Thanks all mummie for encouragment words!

Yea! due in Dec! :)

Yes. I know i hv to hang it there.
Have been counting down daily to the Day! Becos i tot my boss is understanding cuz i went thru IVF but things changed but i really have to heck alot of things to enjoy this pregnancy. Hopefully i wun be so affected again.

O ya, it seems early but i am experiencing swollen feet 2weeks back.
Received a sample for snoothing tired legs from Clarins while i purchased the stretch mark from them. Anyone has experienced that?

Thanks all mummie for encouragment words!

Yea! due in Dec! :)

Yes. I know i hv to hang it there.
Have been counting down daily to the Day! Becos i tot my boss is understanding cuz i went thru IVF but things changed but i really have to heck alot of things to enjoy this pregnancy. Hopefully i wun be so affected again.

O ya, it seems early but i am experiencing swollen feet 2weeks back.
Received a sample for snoothing tired legs from Clarins while i purchased the stretch mark from them. Anyone has experienced that?

Maybe try wearing compression socks. It might help a little. At night, try to elevate your legs as well! It can help.

I'm not too sure about Clarins. Haven't buy anything for stretch marks though.

I would like to recommend Auntie Susie for her confinement nanny service. She is experienced, responsible, hygienic, and caring nanny.
She cooks well and the food is really delicious. The vege that she cooks has nice green color and my confinement food has wide variety. She is responsible and will wake up to feed the baby. She works well with my family members too. My girl was having flu, she helped me to look after my girl and the baby. I was so fortunate to have her. She is highly recommended. You may contact me for more information or you can contact her at +6012 6489 568

Hi Mummies,

Good days for all of you....is here got wechat group or watsoever?

I'm having my #2, preparing for my newborn stuff now... Anyone will feel boring as me sometime as just look forward for the little one to come?

I'm very free to chat, look for me~

Hi mommies.... anyone knows about short cervix? . I'm 21weeks plus, my cervix is in the borderline, 31mm. Anyone knows , any possibility cervix get longer without any medicines/surgery?:
Or maybe you have friend that have cervix length problem and still everything is ok? (No preterm labour).

Hi mummies, i am currently 22nd weeks. This two days i keep having my tummy contracts and tighten feeling. Went to the gynae just now, the check everything is fine. But he prescribed some med for me to take and wrote a letter to ask me and my hus to go hospital to do some test and double check. :( thou he scan and said baby is very active and healthy. But still have to go hospital to double check now . sigh

I had that at week twenty. Kept feeling tummy suddenly harden too. It stopped after a few days. Baby is ok and kicking occasionally. I think it's normal as part of tummy and uterus expanding.

I had that at week twenty. Kept feeling tummy suddenly harden too. It stopped after a few days. Baby is ok and kicking occasionally. I think it's normal as part of tummy and uterus expanding.
Just went to kkh for some scans and check. The doc says everything's normal. Baby is good! Thank god. .

For mummies who are expecting a 2nd kid, have you upgraded your #1 to a toddler/proper bed and is he or she already sleeping on his or her own?

Any tips to share? My #1 still wants to co-sleep with us and I really hope he will sleep in his own room (with the survellience of a baby monitor) by the time the baby is here. He's about 3 years old... or is he still too young to sleep on his own?

For mummies who are expecting a 2nd kid, have you upgraded your #1 to a toddler/proper bed and is he or she already sleeping on his or her own?

Any tips to share? My #1 still wants to co-sleep with us and I really hope he will sleep in his own room (with the survellience of a baby monitor) by the time the baby is here. He's about 3 years old... or is he still too young to sleep on his own?
My no. 1 is still sleeping in her cot in same bedroom as us. Planning to transit her to proper bed in her bedroom this weekend. Hope I succeed...*fingers cross*

How old is your no. 1?

My no. 1 is still sleeping in her cot in same bedroom as us. Planning to transit her to proper bed in her bedroom this weekend. Hope I succeed...*fingers cross*

How old is your no. 1?

Good luck! Let me know how it goes. My #1 is 3 years old. He hated his cot and has been co-sleeping with us on our bed since he was 20 months. Before that, he slept fine in his cot (which was in our bedroom) but once he turned 20 months, he insisted on sleeping on our bed with us. We just bought him a single mattress sized car bed and he was quite excited about it. But he will only nap there in the day time if we lay next to him... at night he insists on sleeping with us on our bed. I'm worried that he won't sleep on his own by Dec... because we will be putting the cot in our room... can't be 4 of us squeeze in the master bedroom right? Hahaha. Plus he is quite big for his age and my tummy is getting bigger... I'm having lesser and lesser space to sleep on my bed.

My no. 1 is only 2years old, she been sleeping in her cot since infant just that now sometimes in middle of night, she will crawl onto our bed to co-sleep.
So am expecting some crying or door banging drama when send her to sleep in her room.

Actually wanted to start asap, feel now abit late. Because dun want her to think that its due to the sibling thats y she got kicked out of parent room.

My no. 1 is only 2years old, she been sleeping in her cot since infant just that now sometimes in middle of night, she will crawl onto our bed to co-sleep.
So am expecting some crying or door banging drama when send her to sleep in her room.

Actually wanted to start asap, feel now abit late. Because dun want her to think that its due to the sibling thats y she got kicked out of parent room.

Same here. We've been trying to associate the baby's arrival with positive things... like he will get more toys so they can share them, he will have a friend to play with, etc.

We regret not starting bed training earlier also...

Hi all..
just knew that there's this forum.. a very late member here.. happy to see so many Dec mummies here .. :):) ..
is there a whatapps group or Fb group ?

Hello mummies, can i check with u anyone has experience that ur below part is like something pushing out ar?
I had this feeling back after resting a week at hme.

Hi mummies, any of u here experienced wrist pain and tingling sensation on fingers? My wrist hurts especially while sleeping and less pain in the day. Definitely no injury but could it be due to pregnancy? Not sure if necessary to go talk to gynea. Any advices appreciated.

Hi mummies, any of u here experienced wrist pain and tingling sensation on fingers? My wrist hurts especially while sleeping and less pain in the day. Definitely no injury but could it be due to pregnancy? Not sure if necessary to go talk to gynea. Any advices appreciated.

Hi, what you mentioned here should be pregnancy carpal tunnel syndrome. I also experience it sometimes when I sleep. It is due to fluid retention which in turn presses on the nerves in the arms. You could talk to your gynae about it to see how your gynae can help, but not to worry, it is nothing serious but more of a discomfort and inconvenience;)

Hi, what you mentioned here should be pregnancy carpal tunnel syndrome. I also experience it sometimes when I sleep. It is due to fluid retention which in turn presses on the nerves in the arms. You could talk to your gynae about it to see how your gynae can help, but not to worry, it is nothing serious but more of a discomfort and inconvenience;)
Thanks dear... For the assurance. I felt much better hearing that. If it is not much a problem then I can wait till the next review then I talk to gynea.. Guess my tolerance level with the pain and discomfort should be manageable. Thanks again

So far how many kg did the mummies gain?
Before I got pregnant, I was 49kg. And I literally dropped 5kg when I found out that I was pregnant which is 44kg. Now in my 23 weeks I only gain 2kg. Currently 46kg. Doc say I should gain more. But my appetite isn't huge till now thou.

And I have constipation, anyone had the same problem and blood in stools once in a while? :(

Before I got pregnant, I was 49kg. And I literally dropped 5kg when I found out that I was pregnant which is 44kg. Now in my 23 weeks I only gain 2kg. Currently 46kg. Doc say I should gain more. But my appetite isn't huge till now thou.

And I have constipation, anyone had the same problem and blood in stools once in a while? :(
I dare nt step onto the scale :X

Yes... i think it is due to the multi vit we are taking..
U can try to eat more fruits like blueberry, apple...
Ppl said prune juice helps but i have yet to try will buy this weekend n see if it helps with the constipation.
So far i hv tried for not pooing for 3-4days... terrible feeling but once u managed the feeling is somehow better! Sorry TMI!

i lost about 3-4kg during my 1st trimester then now at week 22 i gained back the 3kg liao. my gynae says my weight is ok.

as for the constipation problem, it was worse earlier on so gynae gave me duphalac to soften the stool. now i dont need to drink that,i just eat vegs & fruits daily & i can pass motion daily at ease.

I only gained 1kg after my first trimester. Now at 23 weeks and have gained another 2.5kg so total is about 3kg or so. I also want to put on more but my gynae said my weight is ok.

By the way, my morning sickness stopped when I passed the 1st trimester but now at 23 weeks, it seemed to be back! I have been feeling extremely nauseous for 2 days now and I also got motion sickness during car rides. Oh no... please let it be a passing phase! I really cannot tahan this nauseous feeling. I thought I had beaten it already. :(

Last edited:
So far has anyone started to buy the necessary items?

Breast pump?
Steriliser?
Etc etc

Am looking for breast pump but becos a first time mtb here so no idea which type / brand shd i look for or any specfications i should be looking out?

Pls throw in ur advises and suggestions! :)

Breast pump?
Steriliser?
Etc etc

Am looking for breast pump but becos a first time mtb here so no idea which type / brand shd i look for or any specfications i should be looking out?

I had 3 breast pumps, bought 2 years ago when I have my no. 1, haven taken out to test if they are still working.
1. Avent double-pump
Pros: Good suction
Cons: Noisy, Not batt supported so bulky cos must bring adapter, Expensive, Not comfortable as it made my nipple sore
2. Spectra S1 - Home use
Pros: Good suction but comfy, Battery or adapter, Quiet
Cons: Bulky (like a mini rice cooker )
3. Spectra 9+ - I brought to office daily
Pros: Portable, Battery or adapter, low noise, cheap
Cons: Cannot be used as main pump cos difficult to clear clogged ducts

Breast pump?
Steriliser?
Etc etc

hi, bought mine from amazon! madela freestyle :)

Hi mummies!
As you all know after 12am tonight will be the "hungry ghost festival".
Are we suppose to pray and burn those joss paper or ask our hub to pray?
My mom ask me to ask my Hus pray and told me to stay at home.
But my in laws say that I should pray as well.

How bout you all?

Hi mummies!
As you all know after 12am tonight will be the "hungry ghost festival".
Are we suppose to pray and burn those joss paper or ask our hub to pray?
My mom ask me to ask my Hus pray and told me to stay at home.
But my in laws say that I should pray as well.

How bout you all?
I ask my husband to go.
I will be stayin hme.

Any mummies here start your prenatal massage or engage the massage lady already? Need recommendations n advice? Thanks.

Is it good ? How much u bought ya ? Dunno should buy from baby fair or online.. which would one us cheaper act ..

hi, i bought it for less than $600 with postage. i guess the risk is that it is without international warranty

Hello mummies.. have u all decided with ur confinement lady? I would like to get some advice on it.
Hi @sashanoh, yes I already booked mine back in May cos previously my 1st one I book CL too late, the ones I shortlist already taken.
Most importantly, you got to meet-up with the CL to have a better feel of what kind of person she is and also tell her your requirements such as to include cooking for your husband, to hand-wash baby clothes & etc.

Hello mummies.. have u all decided with ur confinement lady? I would like to get some advice on it.
Hi sashanoh, I booked mine with agency. Initially wanted to book the CL that my friend used, but she wanted me to confirm within the same weekend that i contacted her, at that time i was not 12 weeks yet, hubby said wait till pregnancy is stable. During that time saw some bad reviews of last min CL disappearing, or was not up to expectations.After 12 weeks we asked the very common and popular CL agency, signed the next day. TBH the agency CL fee was a few hundred bucks cheaper than the freelance CL... and have free replacement, so we took the chance :)

I had brown discharge during my first trimester for my first pregnancy and still having discharge for this 2nd one. Gynae said it's ok for the first one, just make sure not red or alot. If worried, see gynae to confirm...

Discharge during early pregnancy is a common thing. But if it causes unpleasant sensations or smells badly, this is the reason to consult a doctor. Usually there is nothing wrong but it's worth consulting a doctor just to be on the safe side.

Currently in my 26 weeks. Any mummies experience pelvic bone discomfort at this stage? Is that normal? When will our baby head turns down?

Currently in my 26 weeks. Any mummies experience pelvic bone discomfort at this stage? Is that normal? When will our baby head turns down?

Even your baby's head is engaged (turned down) now, it can change any time as they are still moving a lot. The position can change up to 37 or 38 weeks. But by now your pelvic should feel a little heavier because our babies are much bigger now so the pressure is starting to feel obvious.

Back