Dec 2019 Mummies

Hi, I tested positive on Monday 08 April but started spotting yesterday. Anyone has experience with this and how to cope with it? Am worried and stressed. Gg to doctor today.

Hi, I tested positive on Monday 08 April but started spotting yesterday. Anyone has experience with this and how to cope with it? Am worried and stressed. Gg to doctor today.
I tested positive on Sat, 6 April 2019. Already seen my gynae on same day. He gave me 2 types of jabs to stablised my pregnancy.

My light brown spotting for 5 days liao. Emailed my gynae last night. He said its not uncommon & there are many reasons for spotting. He said to monitor 1st & if feel unwell, I will go & see him before my next appt is on Sat, 20 April 2019

What colour is ur spotting?

I tested positive on Sat, 6 April 2019. Already seen my gynae on same day. He gave me 2 types of jabs to stablised my pregnancy.

My light brown spotting for 5 days liao. Emailed my gynae last night. He said its not uncommon & there are many reasons for spotting. He said to monitor 1st & if feel unwell, I will go & see him before my next appt is on Sat, 20 April 2019

What colour is ur spotting?

It started yesterday morning and was red which scares me. Then it became brown pinkish spotting until now. Just got jab from doctor too. How much is ur spotting? Doctor told me also many reasons for spotting and bleeding. Just have to monitor and rest. Can’t help but worry. Did you do hcg test?

It started yesterday morning and was red which scares me. Then it became brown pinkish spotting until now. Just got jab from doctor too. How much is ur spotting? Doctor told me also many reasons for spotting and bleeding. Just have to monitor and rest. Can’t help but worry. Did you do hcg test?
Sweetie, thankfully u seek help from Doctor fast. At least put ur mind on ease. My spotting is very minimal of light brown thats dry & observed from panty linear. Its similar to implanation bleeding that I experience. I experienced 2 days of implanation bleeding: CD 23 (very light pinkish) & CD24 (light brown). Tested positive on CD28.

I know abt ur worry. Do u experience any other cramps / abdominal / pelvic pain / vomitting?

1 of my injections influenced hcg. So its not accurate to test it now. I have to wait 10 days after injection. So will monitor for signs 1st. May consider to go polyclinic to do 2 blood tests on 16/4 & 18/4 to check on hcg level.

I had spotting too! Am at 5w2d today. Seems that spotting is quite common though I agree that it is best to seek gynae’s advice for peace of mind..

I started spotting last Friday, on/off till now. Light brown in colour and quite little, only a bit on the underwear and mostly when I wipe. Was worried sick. Went to see my gynae on Monday - she did a scan for me which showed that the yolk sac was implanted in the right place (yay) which rules out ectopic preg, and there was no visible bleeding. I got prescribed more Duphaston to stabilize the pregnancy (was already on them since my IUI), and was told no need to worry unless the bleeding turns bright red and/or there is heavy cramping. Am supposed to take things easy also.

Take care all mummies! :)

Hello. Can I check if any of you started feeling queasy already? I feel very bloated and I cant sit still.. sometimes no appetite and feel like throwing up. My gynae visit will not happen until end of the month which is like week 8. Will going to a normal GP help? Will they prescribe any meds to ease this morning (full day actually) sickness?

Hello. Can I check if any of you started feeling queasy already? I feel very bloated and I cant sit still.. sometimes no appetite and feel like throwing up. My gynae visit will not happen until end of the month which is like week 8. Will going to a normal GP help? Will they prescribe any meds to ease this morning (full day actually) sickness?
Yes i started my sickness since wk4. There is no meds to ease this unless u headache u can take panadol, and i suggest u drink more and more water, rest more, on diet balance dont skip meal, continues your vitamin supplements... the more strong sickness means ur pregnancy more stablised as what i heard, my doc always very happy to see this.

Mango, yes there is medicine to help to ease the bad morning sickness according to my gynae. If its too bad that u cant handle, try to bring forth your mth-end appt. I am not sure abt normal GP perscription.

I am not experiencing morning sickness yet as its still early now (4wks 4days). Every pregancy is different & for different women. I have friends with no morning sickness at all & have their full terms served. Their kids are already 2 - 5 yo liao. Heard women with no morning sickness is said to have stronger body constitution (in TCM theory).

Mango, yes there is medicine to help to ease the bad morning sickness according to my gynae. If its too bad that u cant handle, try to bring forth your mth-end appt. I am not sure abt normal GP perscription.

I am not experiencing morning sickness yet as its still early now (4wks 4days). Every pregancy is different & for different women. I have friends with no morning sickness at all & have their full terms served. Their kids are already 2 - 5 yo liao. Heard women with no morning sickness is said to have stronger body constitution (in TMC theory).
Isit? Whats the medicine?

Yes I have same feeling since week 4 also.

anyone experience fluctuating symptoms? yesterday i was nausea all day and today i wake up feeling fine. last week i went to doctor and he mentioned i am about 5 weeks.

Sweetie, thankfully u seek help from Doctor fast. At least put ur mind on ease. My spotting is very minimal of light brown thats dry & observed from panty linear. Its similar to implanation bleeding that I experience. I experienced 2 days of implanation bleeding: CD 23 (very light pinkish) & CD24 (light brown). Tested positive on CD28.

I know abt ur worry. Do u experience any other cramps / abdominal / pelvic pain / vomitting?

1 of my injections influenced hcg. So its not accurate to test it now. I have to wait 10 days after injection. So will monitor for signs 1st. May consider to go polyclinic to do 2 blood tests on 16/4 & 18/4 to check on hcg level.

I did have intermittent cramps or tugs and pulls which are predominantly left side and sometimes right. No vomiting. The spotting stopped yesterday morning. But my hcg test didn’t seem to double between 08 April (cd28) and 10 April (cd 30) although still increasing. Worrying..

I did have intermittent cramps or tugs and pulls which are predominantly left side and sometimes right. No vomiting. The spotting stopped yesterday morning. But my hcg test didn’t seem to double between 08 April (cd28) and 10 April (cd 30) although still increasing. Worrying..
I am experiencing the same. The tugs been 6 days are primarily at left side. Dull lower backpain too. The tugs can move from lower back from left & then to right. 2 nights ago, I felt a small movement at my lower abdominal area (near uterus). I also dun noe whats gg on. I wanted to do blood work to test hcg but the hormones injection pregnyl 5000 iu that I was given 6 April 2019 would give me inacurrate hcg results if I test now.

My dry light brown spotting this morning is like half of 5cents coin. Already reduced.

Can I know what injection ur gynae gave u? I did google research one of the side efftcts pregnyl injection which I was given is pelvic pain.

I have attached standard hcg guide for u. U take a look. You are not alone.
20190410_115553.jpeg

I am experiencing the same. The tugs been 6 days are primarily at left side. Dull lower backpain too. The tugs can move from lower back from left & then to right. 2 nights ago, I felt a small movement at my lower abdominal area (near uterus). I also dun noe whats gg on. I wanted to do blood work to test hcg but the hormones injection pregnyl 5000 iu that I was given 6 April 2019 would give me inacurrate hcg results if I test now.

My dry light brown spotting this morning is like half of 5cents coin. Already reduced.

Can I know what injection ur gynae gave u? I did google research one of the side efftcts pregnyl injection which I was given is pelvic pain.

I have attached standard hcg guide for u. U take a look. You are not alone. View attachment 710995

Am just given progesterone support jab. Praying hard and trying to stay positive. Also had some dull backache and intermittent headache. Feeling hot constantly and perspiring when in non air con environment. which other jab did you take beside pregnyl?

Am just given progesterone support jab. Praying hard and trying to stay positive. Also had some dull backache and intermittent headache. Feeling hot constantly and perspiring when in non air con environment. which other jab did you take beside pregnyl?
One more jab is proluton depot. Gynae said both jabs are meant to 安胎 stabilising pregnancy. He mentioned he also used for his ivf patients. My pregnancy is natural (not ivf) but he administer the jabs for me on the day of bfp (cd 28).

hello ladies, congrats to everyone! tested positive and due in Dec :) would like to join the whatsapp chat but am not able to PM :|

Hi all! I have just tested positive today! would like to join the WA group too! also, any recommendations for a gynae?

Hi Strong Beautiful moms to be! I just found out I'm positive and EDD is in Dec, I had a first visit to gynae ytd due to some spotting.
Doctor gave me some Duphaston and vitamins and put me on rest. Since the day I know, work was stressful due to the last minute tasks, and the fact some colleagues didn't know too. But I am still staying positive and strong for my bb !
How do I join the WA group? Kinda of need a support group to share experiences.
Have a Good Day Dec Moms!

I'm new to here. This is my second pregnancy. My first one born in Mt A. I would like to go for TMC for this pregnancy. Any male gyane recommended at TMC? I prefer pro natural gynae

Hi everyone... I was tested positive from a blood test on 8 April because the pregnancy test messed with me. So what happened was I missed my period for a week and I did a pregnancy test which gave me a negative result within the effective time frame, and then 2 hours later when I went back to the bathroom I saw that it turned positive! Then I was so confused because I dunno if it’s false negative or what.
As I’m going on a 2 week trip I needed absolute confirmation if I’m pregnant or not so I went for a blood test at a gp and it came back positive! I have booked an appt with the gynae referred by the clinic next Tuesday (just before my trip). He is Dr John Yam.
Have been having some cramps on the right side I hope things will be okay... it’s my first pregnancy so I’m rather anxious

Pls PM me your name and mobile
Hi Damahome, I PM-ed you my number, thank you!

Hi everyone, I tested positive today and will probably be due in Dec 19! I understand that many gynaes will be away for holiday during that period :( do y’all have any recommendation for gynaes who will typically be around to see thru the delivery? Thank you!

Not sure if this has been asked elsewhere... is there a checklist on what to do/buy for first time mums please? I'm reluctant to tell friends/relatives about the pregnancy until 1st trimester is over... I was "reprimanded" by my GP yesterday for not eating folic acid supps
I was like I thought i would wait till I see the gynae.... but apparently I should have eaten before conception..oh well

Hello, I'm new to this and just tested positive not too long ago, likely in my 6th-7th week now... Gonna see gynae next week, hoping everything will be okay!

Currently I have not much symptoms, just very very tired and some cramping once in awhile.. Is this normal? A bit worried about the lack of symptoms!

Hello, I'm new to this and just tested positive not too long ago, likely in my 6th-7th week now... Gonna see gynae next week, hoping everything will be okay!

Currently I have not much symptoms, just very very tired and some cramping once in awhile.. Is this normal? A bit worried about the lack of symptoms!
Hello, congrats. Its normal. Different women have different pregnancy. Hence dun worry too much abt lack of symptoms now. Most impt, can confirm viable pregnancy in ur next Gynae appt!

Last edited:
Hi! I'm a newbie here. Tested positive and I'm at 6 weeks now. Planning to book an appointment for ultrasound so we can check the heartbeat for the first time. Thinking I should be around 8 weeks when I book that appointment. However, I'm still undecided about where to go. This is my first pregnancy and I'm also not familiar with the obgyns' around and I'm just relying on the reviews online. Anyone here would have a feedback for Dr. Choo Wan Ling of Mt. Elizabeth Novena? Thanks!

Congrats all mummies to be! Tested positive last Saturday too, havent book gynae appt yet, anyone has any recommendations?:)

hello all fellow moms-to-be, we are very excited when we tested positive last week! Can I know how do I join the WA group? TIA!

Tested positive last Sat and just went to Gynae to confirm the result. Had brown spotting for the first time just now, very worried, went back Gynae for a jap. Feel much better after knowing it’s not uncommon, heng!

i went to a polyclinic to get a referral to NUH.
My very first appointment will be on my week 14. Is that quite late?

Hi whitecolour! I tested positive on 1st April and I also went to polyclinic to get referral to NUH. My first appt is on my week 12, which I also feel is quite late! They sald that's the earliest appointment date they have for me. :/
I'm thinking to book an antenatal appointment at the polyclinic before my appt at NUH. Has anyone done that before?

Congrats to all! So excited! ❤

Hi whitecolour! I tested positive on 1st April and I also went to polyclinic to get referral to NUH. My first appt is on my week 12, which I also feel is quite late! They sald that's the earliest appointment date they have for me. :/
I'm thinking to book an antenatal appointment at the polyclinic before my appt at NUH. Has anyone done that before?

Congrats to all! So excited! ❤
Hi same for me too get referred to NUH at 12 weeks! Ya quite late though. I would also like to try to book for the antenatal care at poly also

Back