Cup cakes for birthday

chanced upon this thread
happy.gif
do u ladies have any contacts for cupcakes..need 17 with 17 names for a 13 aug event =)

pinkyluv dont understand ur language... blur blur. Where is ur area, we are NOrth South East West also have... Know u area, get the person to do for u lah.... hehe

Eliz
I didn't realise today is 人日, hehe!

I baked a chocolate mud cake for my own bd. But the cake have a big crack when I transfer it to cake board because not fully set. So I used a lot of fruit to cover it. Lucky is my own bd, so ugly a bit nevermind, haha!

5092850.jpg

Happy bday Eileen...

Anyone know why i can buy MJ tiles (ie choco) for cake decor? trying to bake a bday cake for my inlaws' bday this weekend and thinking of decorating it w mj tiles. their fav activity

Thanks all for your wishes.

lh iyc
You mean the mahjong chocolate mould? You can get it from KC but not cheap. You can order from Cakediy HK too.

mahjong mould very exp. agree with Eileen.. Get 1 mummy to do for u for token or something if she got the mould. I remember someone has it.

As I was sick with sore throat and just recover from fever. Tried to cool myself down and did the fruit cocktail jelly.. all at low cost $5. Wah I can eat this for 3 days as dessert(I am a big eater with family, it only lasted 1 1/2day)

Shop & Save sell the pkt for the jelly mix at $1.50 or 90cents super savings thingy and the fruit cocktail at $1.95 savings too...

5095252.jpg

these are my kids share. they each ate 2 servings per 1 day.

peisei..asking for recipe again
anyone has recipe for butter cream?
tried to whip cream but most of the time it doesnt whip
sad.gif

Hm? Ih_jyc, you can try non dairy whip cream - it whips better than the diary cream. I have same problem with diary cream so
I usually use non diary whip cream thanks to the recommendation of Mrs Teng

Thanks...

bought the PH one but unable to whip again
think i'll just use jam to stick the 2 layers n cover the cake..
tired n lazy..spent the whole nite trying to do some MJ tiles...hope the cake turns out ok
sad.gif

lh_jyc
did you bought what Mone recommend? Its the non dairy whipping cream. mayb u bought the dairy one? cos it quite easy to whip.

my past bakes =)
Another attempt of SB cake
5105208.jpg

Homemade Chee Jeong Fan
5105209.jpg

Failed attempt of steamed egg white rainbow cake. should be of cake texture but mine turn out like kueh =)
5105210.jpg

Anybody signed up for Valerie Kong baking class on 24th and 31st March at The Serangoon CC?

24th March: macademia cheesecake, chocolate muffins.
31st March: freezer cookies

I signed up for both the classes. Looking for kakis.

lh_jyc,

FYI, the white packet which I got previously is no longer non dairy whipping cream. The previous packet I bought couldn't whip at all! So I asked the staff at PH Clementi branch about it and was told that the non dairy whipping cream in non-labelled white packet is no longer in stock.

Left now according to the Phoon Huat staff is the Red Man packet shown in the pic I chop from somewhere for your reference. You can try this instead
5109930.jpg

I used Milac gold, i m no expert, my way is to put the whisk n bowl into fridge to chill it before whisking at medium speed. If it still doesn't come together, I will put in fridge awhile before trying again.

FM,
Like the rainbow cake. Amazing how you stack the layers of batter? It is so clean and neat...can you please share the method?

Jandew

Me! Me! Catch up with you at her class....

Actually it will be fun if we get someone to conduct a class just exclusively for SMH mummies.

Sabby, u are attending both? Great!!! My gf also attending 31st March class. Are you on my FB? If not we wun know each other even when we meet? U PM me your email, I go add you kie? Coz my profile is set to private.

Hi mone,

Thanks for the pic! think i'm really hopeless. this is the one that i've tried a few times but still cant whip.

also tried the cream recipe from pink but again failed
sad.gif

used nutella to cover but chunks broke and the final pdt is lopsided
sad.gif

5115053.jpg

btw, any tips to prevent biscuits from being too hard? mine always ended up too hard n kindof white...

peisei..keep asking for tips from you all. i find the lessons too exp + no time to go, so picking tips from u all

TIA!

Peng, eeyore: Agreed, this brand is not bad also in terms of taste and whipping.

lh_jyc: You should wait patiently and whip at HIGH speed for 5-10 min, then you can see a stiff foam consistency.

Tigger: Congrats!
happy.gif

Back