Cup cakes for birthday

coffee flavoured chestnuts? ...
happy.gif

Actually I dont know. Is my dad last time fried also like that so I follow lor..

must fried then smells great(told by the uncle at chinatown frying it-taste better lei).. the aroma is heaven lor...

no lei smells roasted taste sweeter only lah. where got coffee flavour, I also want lei.

Actually the scientific reason is to even out the heat distribution from base of wok. The coffee bean is small and round thus making it easy to fill gaps as well as to stir it around in wok. For the villages, some use sand to substitute. Easily available and less costly than coffer beans. If heat is not distributed evenly and quickly, u can notice that chestnuts get burnt easily and fast. So got to keep stirring!
happy.gif

Can I ask I did a chiffon using silicon came out not brown temp 160c for 40 mins... and after cooling got wet surface sticking at the bottom.. Do I reduce water or add flour??? very sweet too.. I use 3 eggs recipe, and there put 90g of sugar?? think sugar overdose..

Hi to all,

Has anyone try the recipe from Y3K LITTLE COOKIES EARN BIG? I follow the recipe spinach crips cookies, don know why it came out bitter. Everything was ok, it is not too sweet except bitter.

Jandew I see liao.. did the same except I use angmoh one's sweeter. Peng I got overturn to cool down.. here's the pics. Sugar over dose..hehe

5032162.jpg
5032163.jpg

5032164.jpg

See the top it stuck to silicon and wet feel, wont brown.
sad.gif

Very nice cake, Peng!

Any suggestion on recipes using egg whites only? have alot left over fr CNY baking.. thot can make chiffon cakes (wanted to but never bake b4) but most call for equal no. of yolks and whites. Tks.

hkbaby, i freeze the whites, got time I can use to make macarons :D, if not use to marinate meat or fish when cooking,or cook as a dish, egg white scramble, I remember Jac cook this before
happy.gif

Keng...i use madeira cake, cos 1st time do stacking mah use a firmer cake safer in case collapse hahaha..the 6" cake is 3" high and the 4" cake abt 2.5" high, looks big after covering with fondant.

Sabby...tks tks, make gal's cake so excited now I thinking of doll cake wahahaha...

Peng,
Your cake is really nice! So sweet... you making doll cake too? I m thinking of making 1 for my gal too in April. But guess yours will defnitely be perfect!
happy.gif

eeyore...will want to try one for fun! i even went to buy a doll at Daiso :D nothing is perfect lah, just try ur best to make it look as best as possible :D

Maggieheng,
i wun be able to brown the cake on silicon leh... and the surface got abit shiny 1.... how u do tat?

Peng,
So big n nice cake ya... U bot doll from diaso? hmm... is it safe to tuck into the cake? Keep hearing from news that toy nowadays is unsafe. Got a sch bot a batch of toys that make the students sick (is it real case?)

Icelim, No shiny.. Its my camera angel lei... I was wondering how to brown it too. Found one..
happy.gif

u wrap legs with wrap food plastic hoh..

Peng,maggie
Oh ic.... din think of that by wrapping the legs...

maggie,
oh i meant i bake w silicon, my cake circumference will get shiny and urs not.

icelim hygiene mah. but at the same time protect cake and legs from jumping open... hhehehe

I use water not milk... but still got wet look.. was told to sprinkle some sugar will do - non shiny and will brown. but havent try it out yet

Peng that's a really nice cake. I will attempt to bake my girl's cake too cos no choice, it's on the 2nd day of CNY n no bakery is opened.

Just to chk, when the recipe calls for 18cm round pan, means I use a 7 inch round or 9 inch?

Might be heading in JB later, anyone want to tompang to get anything from the bake supplies shop??

PM me. I will check before i head in. Shd be ard 3+

Any one has got a good blueberry muffin recipe to help this poor mummy who is craving for it? Am too heavy to go hunt for Choc n Spice Blueberry Muffin leh!

Sooooo many day craving liao and still can't get over it leh.

Mrs Teng attempt Aunty Yochana buttermilk muffins quite yummy. But instead of using buttermilk I use fresh milk + 1 tbsp white vingear leave aside for 1 hr or so until abit sour.

Oh frozen pita bread huh. What brand, recently going to lots of supermarket. Find my new year stuff... So going here, there.. can help see see. I buy frozen pita bread only usually at Vivo cold storage, sun bian go Page 1 lah

Jandew...sorry recent my internet connection very slow, therefore slow in reply :p if u did not see my mail, just to tell u again that i got them Sengkang Compasspt branch.

<font color="0000ff">Sob Sob, my Kueh Bangkit came out rock hard
sad.gif
my 1st time doing.. but i'm not sure what went wrong. Whether

- my flour not dry enuff (nvr fry enuff)?
- too little egg yolk?
- too much coconut milk?

The dough was v hard n dry (crumbly after putting the initial mixture of coconut milk, so i added nearly 5 tspn of coconut milk b4 getting a rather ok texture for the dough. but still came out v v hard...

Any mummies can help?</font>

Back