Cup cakes for birthday

YoYo...long time nv post here liao....how's everybody? i was sooo busy with work and kids. Tired till no time to bake also...c all the yummy cake here make me drool....only CNY bake pineapple tarts and almond cookies for family...no cake baked for so long...

5186138.jpg
5186139.jpg

I did 160 pcs for grandma's birthday. what a mad rush in 2 days.... Never take in a day advance of order from aunt.

Maggie,
Wow! Your cupcakes looks nice! Must be tiring!
happy.gif

I am feeling quite sad recently coz hubby wans to hold my girl's bday party in Macdonalds and I cant do the princess cake for her liao....
sad.gif

eeyore, Not halal yeah then cannot. not cupcakes is cookies... mine is halah - u must get fully halah things even oven too, then can.

Sabby is fully fondant. I bake cookies the day before then do fondant cutting on the actual day. Transport everything to mum's house by public transport with kids and did cutouts till 6pm....

the small details is the hardest... eyebrows and mouth & especially the hello kitty whisker thing..

maggie,
Ya lor. so my oven not halal so cannot lor. a bit disappointed lor.
oooo... tot its cupcake sia... but still excellent job on the cookies!
happy.gif

yeah must fully no touch pork and even chicken not halah also cannot...

Wah I fail on breads lei... Turn out like baguette (can hit ppl kind and wont break) when I want normal bread... Kinda of dissapointing..

eeyore no not cupcakes.. thanks cause I did a super big cake- mango filling fresh cream cake. Its on my FB with my lovely grandmother. the cookies my aunty order... Siao to rush (2days+actual day timing), before dinner already exhausted from making the eyebrows,whisker,mouth black.

Sabby,

I can't find the prices for the classes you were talking about? Thinking of going for baking lessons on piping/decoration after this year

Hi Mone

All the classes I attended are baking. Havent done any cake decoration classes. You can have a look at the link below for Valerie Kong's classes.

http://one.pa.gov.sg/CRMSPortal/CRMSPortal.portal?_nfpb=true&_windowLabel=CRMSPortal_1&_urlType=render&_mode=view&CRMSPortal_1_action=CMFShowClasses&_pageLabel=CRMSPortal_page_1&actionIndex=searchClassList&idProduct=732319&CWT=

You can look at BIY Webby which conducts Wilton classes. I think moms here have attended. http://www.b-i-y.com/

mone malaysia side also have baking class too. Maybe u can just pop over and ask.. Might be cheaper. Just a suggestion- if ur times allows u to.

Hi all
just to share the cakes I make for my grand niece for her 3rd birthday. The mini cake is for her celebration at home and the cupcakes are for celebration in child care.

5209797.jpg
5209798.jpg
5209799.jpg
5209800.jpg

eileen,
oic.. i ask my gal cc, they say hv to b halal certified... was planning to make cupcake for dd birthday, now seems like hv to skip liao. =(

btw, wat type of fondant did u use for the cake n cuppies? i tried Marshmallow fondant, but it sweat during cake cuttin.. -_-"

poky
I used Satin Ice White/Vanilla from PH but it is a big tube around 2.5kg. I also used the Dark chocolate and Red color from Redman brand which also is from Satin Ice which PH repack it into small pkt.

Eileen,
Did the PH staff tell you that Redman is repacked from Satin Ice? Aiya, if so I shd hv just gotten that rather than the satin Ice big tub...

eileen,
it ready made fondant then? can i ask how much it is?? juz add coloring to desired color will do? wil it sweat? do u put into fridge after coverin the cake??

poky
ya, It is ready made fondant and easier to handle. Aiyo, I forgot the exact price, for the big tub is less than $30? Add the color u want to to it, for the fondant cake cannot put into the fridge after covering.

poky
if u want to cover the cake with fondant, you cannot cream the cake with fresh cream or anything need to be in fridge.

poky
the fondant is heavy so you need a more firm or heavy cake then can stand the weight. You can have the fillings such as buttercream or ganache. Non dairy whip cream will melt and make the fondant turn soft and it also must keep in the fridge.

eileen,
oki thx!!! was thinkin to use whipped cream with fruits... then hv to forgo both cream n fruits, n juz used plain buttercream liao.....

ganache, nv try b4.... so cant try.... =(

thx v much for ur advice. =)

bakeaholic, use Abc, 1,2,3 cutters will do. leave it to harden a bit before cutting.
happy.gif

Poky = ganache 250g chocolate
200g whipping cream (boiled)
250g whipped cream

cut chocolate into small bits
Boiled whipped cream till small bubbles, pour into chocolate and cover with cling or simply stir can liao.
When cool, mix with the whipped ready cream bit by bit.
And there u have it.
happy.gif
happy.gif

Eileen:
Love the minnie mouse and cupcakes. Nice work
happy.gif

Mother of 3:
Nice cake pops. Is it sweet?

Did some baking with my gal this wkend
happy.gif

5213524.jpg

(Chocolate cookies)

Hi All,
Would like to check if someone has a buttercream icing recipe to share with me? Those that can be used to pipe and decorate cupcakes.

Mine seems to be too watery or dry. Cant get it right.

Thanks.

yeah any type can. to ur flavour.

platsplat get one that is closer to u to try make 1 for u. let us have ur location then,she will pm u bah.

Back