Cup cakes for birthday

Hi Kendy,

Your cupcakes look cute. May I know what did u use for the teddybear and rabbit's eyes and nose?
U drew on it?
happy.gif

Mone

You may have over whipped the cream. Maybe try the Redman whipping cream (Thick version) in a fully white carton package. That should give a little more play time before popping into the fridge.

Fatmum

Your bear cake definitely inspired a lot of mummies to try whipped cream figurine cakes. WIll probably try it myself too!

teddybear.. don overfill when baking, i use ice cream scoop to 'agar' how much batter to fill, at least the cake not tall enuff, u can top up with buttercream.

the nose n eyes drawn with edible food pen..

fatmum.. is ur mould frm shop n save? i saw it there but never used silicon to bake b4.. don dare to buy..

Baked this cake last friday for one of my maid's birthday. Simple mountain cat durian cream cake.

Been a while I made cream cakes and the piping is definitely very horrible. Guess it's time for me to sign up a class for serous piping lessons.

3903092.jpg
3903093.jpg

Mrs Teng very nice liao lor...

Mone add some sugar to the whipped cream(500g cream to 3 tbsp sugar)... That's what happen to me too... after adding, it isn't watery liao for me... I mix it at middle speed...

remember the jurong west the shop... they now sell the whipped cream at $4+ only...

My mum teach me to soak hands in cold water before piping-it helps though hands become old women crinkle hand type.....

Mrs teng - very good liao. Just need to practise. You are so pro. Can share the sponge cake recipe. Mine super dense and flat.

thanks

Fatmum

it been a while since my hubby got for me the elmo cake pan, so thought I should try making a whipped cream Elmo Cake. Must admit, WOW! lots of work and got to work fast. Stress man!

Took me about 45 mins to pipe the entire cake. Din really do a good job cos the whipped cream is really thick and my hands were like so tired after piping for 15 mins.

Sponge cake base using the recipe I gave you

3904028.jpg

Sandwiched with a layer of whipped cream and blueberry fillings

3904029.jpg

Messy piece of work ~ need to improve on my piping. Used tip #20. Dun think I'm game enuf to try the triple star even it save time. cos this is my first piped whipped cream cake.

{
3904030.jpg

maggie
actually the alphabet cutter is meant for bento. So use wat ever i have at hand.
happy.gif

breadmum
you r generous with ur BlueBerry
happy.gif

Kendy
I bought from an oversea website think is bigger then waht maggie described. The cake plate is a 12' but the silicone mould itself is shallow.

Mrs Teng
Elmo is perfect! so u creamed the black portion 1st? chocolate or black icing? #20 so slightly bigger star? The red color is red red? forget to tell you my teddy is also using ur recipe soft soft! yummy!

Fatmum

thanks thanks!

The coloring are all whipped cream, no buttercream icing at all. For the Red, I actually used the powdered coloring cos if using Wilton, very expensive and if using liquid type, scared the whipped cream will become too watery.

Breadmum

Will email you the recipe.
happy.gif

Kendy

Really envy those mummies who could find time to go for classes. I really din have any opportunity to attend any classes. Back den, my gals were so young a fragile.. how to leave the house for more den 1 hour? Sometimes, I go market also worry about them leh.

It would be nice to learn all the techniques about piping, decoration and baking lor.. At least, I can tell myself "ah!!! that's the correct method"

Jandew

Peiseh, may have accidently ignore request.. these days too many kids keep requesting to be friends. All my younger relatives and their friends.

Can you try adding me again? Look for Catherine Han

nice nice!! elmo so cute! think i too impatient to pipe whole cake.. lol..

mrs teng.. can pm me ur recipe oso?? :p gota practise for son's bday liao..

Mrs Teng : Thank you! Will try it out again with your recommendation and see how I fare at this.
happy.gif

Your elmo cake is so nice! To tell the truth, your smoothening of the cream on over the cake(the one for your maid's birthday) is better than mine - I'm quite bad at it, so have to strategically hide the 'flaws' with fruits or piped cream.

Maggie : Thanks for the tip! xie xie!
happy.gif

another wow to mrs teng....
happy.gif
dont think i can do the same..lol

fatmum, mone: added u to FB.
kendy, yewteemum, breadmum, muffin: can add u to FB too? mine start with txxlxxxlee

last week try to bake some gula melaka chiffon cake...soft and taste good eventhough i omit the coconut milk..
happy.gif

whoh seems all of u got fb account... easy to manage a not... Any mummy got classes this coming holidays??? I only got one class for moulding...

the moulding class Is my neighbour whom want to do for her daugther... hehe ... she say my purple dinosaur very lovely and mini plus not so sweet... hehe haha my first attempt gotten me a customer...

mrs teng.... can i check with you... for elmo for instance, do you pipe in circular sequence starting from orange nose (after eyes and mouth put in, orange nose then the rest?).... or which is the 'easier' way to handle this kind of cartoon piping?

thanks in advance.

i rememmebred that time i faced problems nearing the end... like need to 'squeeze' in some stars becasue space not enough.... results in a kind of messiness piping...

3906110.jpg
3906111.jpg
3906112.jpg

Teddybear, bbPotato

You're very welcome to add me.
happy.gif
But can identify yourselves hor. I got too many request these days. So blur blur dun know who is who.
happy.gif

Mone

I also hide the flaws with flowers and leaves.

The trick is to use the Plastic type of dough cutter, straight end very fine and sharp. And it's long enuf cover the how surface of the side. Just spread generous amount of whipped cream and den use the sharp end of the dough cutter, put 90 degree and spin the lazy susan.
happy.gif

Fatmum

Haha! I think you start a new craze down here, piping figurine cakes with Whipped cream.

Cat

I used semi-circle sequence from the eye first (nearer to the nose), working one eye at a time until the bottom. Next was the nose, outline the whole nose and den working with semi-circle sequence from the top of nose (near to the eyes)

Den the mouth, I pipe the line of the mouth and den used a spatula to smooth out the mouth.

Finally the face, outline the lines between the eyes, noise and the mouth. For the cheeks, I go in patches and the chin I use left to right sequence. Hope you understand what I meant
happy.gif

Breadmum

hope you'll like the recipe. I'm also baking another one this weekend for someone. Hopefully, it's not too difficult.

meow.. urs is this yr's cake?? very chio liao ma.. where got messy..

i start thinking of how long i need to pipe the cake i stress liao.. think gota on aircon n 'bi guan' to pipe..

mrs teng.. thanks! will go try the recipe..
happy.gif

Mrs Teng: Ah Thanks for your tip! I never could do it so well with the spatula. I try it out in may and see how it goes.
happy.gif

Cat : What a nice combo of colours for the train cake!

TibitQueen: I don't have FB but thanks for the invite.
happy.gif

mrs teng,
thanks for adding, and thanks for the recipes.

for spreading cake with cream.. how much cream do u spread, i.e. abt 0.5cm high of cream or what? when i eat cake, i usu dump the cream, but when spread cream, cannot too 薄 rite? else the crumbs will get "suck up"?

tidbitqueen,
cfm ur fren req le
happy.gif

Mrs Teng,

What kind of coloured powder you using?? Got brand or pic?? What about the black??

The cake is really nice...Can share with me the recipe too!! Thanks in advance.

YewTeeMum

0.5 cm is doable.. just got to be gentle when you spin the lazy susan. But when you do the initial spread, be generous. Do a short left-right sequence as you slowing spread while u spin. Avoid getting the crumbs mixing into the whipped cream on the spatula.

Then you even it out with the plastic dough cutter, trim the top first den the side. However, do not over trim the top, cos you have to re-trim the edge on top after you finish with the sides.

Dior

Dun know what's the brand.. it is those ppl use for making red eggs. CAn get from indian provision shops (the one they use for nasi briyani) , but I'm not sure the chinese medical shop will have or not. will get the pic for you when I get the chance.

AS for black, no choice but to use wilton gel color. Not really much. If you worried that you may need to use too much. Use 1/2 tsp cocoa powder (1 cup of whipped cream) to brown the color and den add a little black to darken it. That will create the dark color without using too much coloring and also give the cream a chocolate taste too.

Hello,

So many avid bakers here. I also like to bake but can do simple baking nia. As for creaming, always take a long long time to do a nice finishing!

<font color="0000ff">Yewteemum</font>

Which part of YT are you staying in? I am also located in yew tee.

For easier creaming, refrigerate the cake first.

And after spreading 1 thin layer, refrigerate the cake for another hr or so till it is set. Apply the 2nd layer of cream or more if needed.

Hi all,

Today Robinson having a private sales. OCBC Robinson card holder can go down to get the KA mixer if you need it. The model KSM150 is price at $599 if I'm not wrong. But with 2 colours.

Back