Cup cakes for birthday

me now work "part time"... still got maternity leave to clear slowly n annual leaves, childcare leaves familycare leaves.... hmmm... MCs too... Wah hahaha... shiok shoik leh....
Me onz anytime lah...

Blueberry Cake

Yesterday got some fresh blueberry from Giants. Was on sales and it's from the farm I used to stay near when I was in the States. Missed that place
happy.gif

First time trying out Blueberry cake.

2700260.jpg

2700261.jpg

mrs teng, ur cake looks so yummy!!!

i wanna learn baking leh, oso to learn to make those colourful agar agars. any classes to intro? i prefer in the west side. thx...

hi mummies

i'm angel(babymaybe). long time never log in here and also long time never baked. How's everyone?

I remembered some mummies baked durian puffs before. Can someone PM or share with me a good and simple recipe? I've some leftover durians which I would like to try baking
happy.gif
Thanks in advance!

Mrs Teng, your durian cakes looks very delicious, mind sharing your recipe too? Is it easy to bake? I've never baked moouse cake before...

Mummies who are good with fondant.
Wonder if I use a wilton castle cake pan , and I am keen to use fondant instead of cream.Is it easy to wrap it up ?

Hi all, can someone still remember the addy of the bakeware shop in batam which some of the mummy post? Thanks in advance!

hi CL,
me kpo abit ya? i assume you have this mould:
http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?id=3E314248-475A-BAC0-50E1601CCD012B36&fid=3E32E6C0-475A-BAC0-5E93EEF086DD85C4
well... the castle shape will not visible if you use a "wrap" method. unless you use the "cut and paste" method, however, the c&p method finishing is not smooth.
i might be wrong, as i'm not a professional playing with fondant... juz an amateur lar
happy.gif

hope others mums can help u ans the Q.

2730546.jpg

http://ourfeistyprincess.blogspot.com/2009/07/fundraising-hello-kitty-mooncakes-ugg.html
www.hellokitty4charity.blogspot.com
90+ boxes to go.... july & aug fri,sat, weekend burned out to do tis:
2730547.jpg

2730548.jpg

2730549.jpg

2730550.jpg

Baked this for a friend son's birthday. Modeling the mickey mouse was very fun, but it definitely need several days to dry.

Jen
I know what you may be asking liao! Pm me in FB lah!

Top view

2732480.jpg

Front N back view

2732481.jpg
2732482.jpg

<font color="aa00aa"> Hi mummies...

Im new here.. Found this thread by chance.. Mummies, can you help, where do you get ready made fondants? And where can i purchase those alphabet templates to 'cut' the fondant?

Im planning for my boy's 1st bday, and all the cakes seem to be very expensive... I think i need to start learning to decorate myself.. Hope mummies here can guide me along...

Thank you all in advance..
happy.gif
</font>

<font color="aa00aa"> Good afternoon mummies
Mrs Teng.. That was fast.. Hehehhe... But now i cant check my email, cos still at work, no access to personal email.

Wow!! I didn't know u r considered quite new in baking urself. Managed to read the past archives, this morning.. Ur cakes really turn out like a pro.. Seriously!!</font>

<font color="aa00aa"> Hi mummies.. I bought d ready made fondant from Phoon Huat already.. So now what do i do?? do i need to mix anything with the fondant? Can i start rolling already?

Sorry.. very new at this.. Need a lot of guidance

TIA
happy.gif
</font>

Missy

Which branch did you buy from? Still got a lot of stock or not?
the one near my place out of stock liao.

You just need a little icing sugar or cornstarch for dusting. IF u using pure white.. just go ahead a roll.

But if u want to color, use a small amount and add color , blend the color well before combining with the rest to make a bigger batch. This way, the color will be more even.

Mrs Teng,
I bought from Phoon Huat at Hougang Central. Its the one in packed in plastic container, but quantity like very little, their home brand, Red Man if im not wrong. I think its about $5. I hope i bought the correct one..Heheheh..
happy.gif
Do u use dat brand too

Do i have to glaze the cake before i start to 'pasting' the fondant?

Missy

Opppss! guess you are going to have problem handling that fondant.. it's pretty wet leh! somemore very difficult to roll.. I started of using that and I hate it sooooo much. cos I can't emboss the fondant. Even cutting flowers with it was difficult.. it just keeps melting.. and u'll need tonnes n tonnes of icing sugar just to dry it.. somemore it sticks to the marble table.. But den again, maybe you can handle it better den me... Good luck!

Depending on what cake base you are using.. Some, eg rich fruit cake, requires glaze and a layer of marzipan over it before fondant is put on. If it's chocolate cake or dense sponge cake, you'll need light color buttercream.

Mrs Teng
Oh no!!! Seems like i buy d wrong one.. Hehehhe.. ;p Which brand did u buy? Guess maybe the better one is sold out at d hgang outlet too..

kendy tay
We stay nearby!! im staying at hougang point area..
happy.gif

missy y don use marshmallow fondant? taste nicer..

keke.. hg pt very near.. got time can can meet up drink T..
happy.gif

the alphabet cutter hg PH have.. bought mine frm there. but dono still got stock bo

Missy

Try getting Bakel, Pettinice White Icing from BIY(bake it yourself) easier to roll.. Wilton fondant not soo tasty and quite difficult to roll also. contact ~ 6100BAKE.

If u need the alphabet cutter from PH, call them first lah! no point going all the way there and can't find. 62818175.

Mrs Teng
I visited BIY website.. It got me soooo excited to start baking... Now need to find time only.. Hehehhe...
happy.gif

kendy tay
marshmallow fondant needs to be done from scratch is it? Can PM me the receipe? I'll store it sumwhere and try out once im better w dis decorating thing..
happy.gif

Mummies,
I need help.

Got a party coming up with the theme: National Day!

Any suggestion what i shd pot luck?

Anyone know where i can find national flag food picks??

Eliz

National Flag food picks? DIY.. print out and stick to toothpick.
happy.gif

Depending on what kind of gathering.. in-door or out-door? Air-con or non-air con. Cos this will help you to decide whether the food should be dry type or wet type, refreshing or spicy lor.

I normally will prepare Kimbab, and Tteokbokki, cos it's easy to pick and eat lor.. Kimbab is cool and refreshing, somemore no need to use vinegar like sushi which will as a result of prolong humidity. And Ttoekbokki sauce can also be used as a dip for the kimbab.

Another option, is chicken pie but it may be a bit dry, lor.

Mrs Teng..
I baked already.. I had sooo much fun.. Thank you soooo much for all ur help, and replying to my silly questions.. I was soo happy, i showed all my colleagues.. hahahah.. So thick skinned!!

Here's my 1st fondant cake:
2750598.jpg

Missy

Wow! it's very nicely done! I supposed it's a 7" by 2 " thick cake?

Colors look well blended too! Good job! Hope you didn't have much problem rolling it.

all the nice bakes... wow mrs teng... you can range the size of the cake juz by looking? very li hai eh

juz FYI... blueberries are on offer.. $3.90 for 2 boxes. Those who like blueberries can go and grab a few box.

kendy tay
D cake is nutella cake. I got d receipe while buying d fondant at kitchencapers. The shop is at geylang bahru area. Mummies who stay nearby can buy their baking supplies from there. The owner's name is Gina and she's super friendly. Helped me to shop for ingredients n gave lots of pointers for me to start baking. She gives out free receipes too.. That's how i got the nutella cake receipe. Its butter cake.

Mrs Teng
Hehehhe.. Thanks lehhh.. Actually, i didnt noe d dimension of d cake. I alrdy have d pan at hme, and i didnt bake too high cos afraid not enuf fondant to cover later.. I bought d ready made fondant that u suggested, and its really like playing w playdoh.. Very fun. Thanks for the tip.
happy.gif

I bought d ABC and 123 cookie cutters from Phoon Huat and they didnt turn out nice at all. regret buying frm there. No 2 and 5 are the same, and ive got a feeling letter C is actually a crescent moon. Lucky managed to dig out my mum's cookie cutter which she always use for Hari Raya. Hence, my cake has only one flower shape.. Muahahahaha...
biggrin.gif

Missus

You went to BIY to get the Pettinice? That one easy to roll right? Coloring also very easy.

For alphabets, I don't cut immediately after coloring. I usually cling wrap it and leave it to set for a day den I roll it out. Let it dry for about half a day before cutting. That way, it's much much easier to remove from the cutter also.

MissyLing

Thanks for the info.. hehehe.. I've already bought one crate (12 boxes)from Giant a week ago when they have it for sale too! Also 3.90 for 2 boxes. NTUC's one sometimes very dry and very limited boxes. so you dun get to choose the freshes ones. I've packed them nicely and froozen liao.. Now it makes me wonder if it's worth making blueberry jams.
happy.gif
Need at least 3.5 Ibs of blueberries. One box is 4.4ozs.. what that means I need 13 boxes and that'll be close to $28 worth of blueberries? Forget it!

Mrs Teng
Nope i buy d Pettinice from Kitchencapers. Yup.. very easy to roll. I dare not take out d Phoon Huat one. Heheheh.. Now im wondering what to do with it. Can i know where u bought ur ABC cutters? Mine from PH was very ugly.

Mrs Teng, I have been reading the forum,
i m very impressed with your knowledge.
care to conduct class for zero knowledge
of fondant for ppl like me..hheee..
I went to BIY just 2days ago too but was
loss in it. Dun know wats gd.

Missus, u r impressive too, i must draw
inspiration from you.

Have a nice weekend.

Mrs Teng, your mickey mouse cake is really nice!
Very kind of you to guide Missy on fondant
happy.gif

I have a doubt here too and hope you can give me some light..
Do you keep the fondant cake in room temperature for days for it to dry?
Won't the cake goes bad as I read that cream will be spreaded on the cake before decorating with fondant.
Sorry for the stupid question as I have zero knowledge on fondant cake and have been wondering how the cakes are stored.

Chanelgirl , Blisss

Haha! I'm seriously an amateur baker, probably it's the interest in baking that spurs me on. On top of it, I', very inspired when I see kids or friends' delighted face when they see the cakes.
happy.gif

It is the fondant figurines that are required to be dry up in room temperature. Not the whole cake.
happy.gif

I don't keep the fondant cake in room temperature for more den a day. So usually, I bake in the afternoon and decorate that same night. The cake will usually be cut by the next day and whatever is remainder will have to go to the fridge. Cos it's not easy to manage a fondant cake which is taken out from the refrigerator. That would spoil the whole presentation of the cake cos, if the room is too humid, the fondant will melt and the poor kid will not have a bday cake to blow.

Missus

If you had gone to kitchencapers, den you should have gotten the alphabet cutters there.. it costs $5.90 if I remember correctly.

wow... really nice nice... been VERY busy lately... can't bake for a while liow... hahahaha...

have not upload pics since Jeorg's b'day too... hahahahah... so 'back dated' liow...

carry on baking and sharing... love to see nice pics!
happy.gif

Back