Cup cakes for birthday

Mrs Teng
very nice cake!

Today tried to play with my chocolate mould after purchase them for so many mths, hehe!

2766065.jpg
2766066.jpg
2766067.jpg
2766068.jpg

chanelgirl
Thanks... hehehe.. If i can do it, so can you. Can always us d rest of d mummies here for help if u encounter any problems.. Its really fun. I've never really baked a cake from scratch before, just Hari Raya cookies, and my 1st attempt was not too bad. So just try.. Its really fun.

bliss
Thank u.. I bought one colouring only. So i guess dats the only design which suits the colour.. Heheheh..
happy.gif

Mrs Teng
I bought d metal cutters. Very not nice. For both ABC and numbers. So now looking for nicer alphabet cutters...
happy.gif

Janiviy

The clubhouse is fondant, just that 2 mickey mouse figurine are not.
happy.gif

Eileen

Nice chocolate mould you have. Like the car, reminds me of Noody..
happy.gif

Missy

Get the plastic one from Kitchencapers, saw 2 left. Give them a call before you go lor. ask them to reserve for you. It's the same one that I bought.
happy.gif

aunty... the chocolate mould where got so many months lah... end june then purchased one... hahahaha.. make 'us' feel even more guilty... my sticker and price tag still together with the sheets sleeping (in deep sleep) in my containers... hahahahahaha...

but... u make till very very very nice... *thumbs up*!!
happy.gif

hi mrs teng, i haven't do fondant before. but just want to check, for the mickey mouse head(i.e. the whole ball), is it all fondant? is it possible to use cake and then fondant on the outside? hope you could help with this. in fact, if other mummies who do fondant before, could help me with this. thanks in advance!
happy.gif

Malcheri

I used fondant for the head.. it's rather difficult to use cake to make lor! The ears may too heavy for the fondant/cake head to hold. Which also means you cake base must be very dense, otherwise, no way can a thin layer of fondant can hold the heavy ears. And when the cake is dense, dun think it's tasty lor!

My skills are not that good enuf to do a cake/fondant combi for a size of only 3 inches mickey mouse head. After the moulding and pressing, dun know what's the fate of the poor cake gonna be.
happy.gif
That will be too challenging.

Mrs Teng
Need to ask u a question.. again.. Hehehehe..
happy.gif

For the car cake u did earlier, d edges were piped with cream rite? Can i noe what did u use n can u spare me d receipe?

Thank you in advance..
happy.gif

Hi Mrs Teng, you are too humble liao. Your cakes are so beautifully made!!! Look so professional..
Don't think I can even make such nice fondant cakes like yours.

Do share with us more of your beautiful cakes yah..
happy.gif

Kendy,
nice nice cookies. My imprints always not right. If I print too hard it will stick to the dough and breaks off. If that happens, does it means that my dough texture not right. I have to keep rolling the dough, it kept coming together. dunno if u know wat I mean.
happy.gif

Today make some cupcake for my son's playgroup tomorrow National Day celebration. Very tiring n hope the children love it.

2779425.jpg
2779426.jpg

muffin.. i understand!! mine oso sux at 1st.. heng the last 2 batches get the hang of it.. imprint swee swee.. :D

1-0.. ur cupcake so cute! no wonder do so many chocolates

1-0, nice nice!!! hahahaha... with the choco moulds as saviours... no longer need to think of design and pipe till siow siow liow. hahahaha... yeah!!

Eileen

Nice cupcake!! I've not done mine yet! just too lazy. Thanks for the inspirations!

The snoopy kind of looks like Merlion (at a glance)..

Haha! tried making cupcakes and obviously it din work out cos my cupcake papers deformed. SOO.. decided to reshape and trim the cupcakes and made into a 2 layered nini fondant cake.

2786335.jpg
2786336.jpg

Here's a cake made for a friend's granny's Birthday. Not very well made, kind of over heated the chocolate toppings, but I love the longevity peaches.

2786337.jpg

2786338.jpg
2786339.jpg

Make a black forest cheesecake for today family gathering. The cheese cake din set well so I make till very messy, hehe!

2787267.jpg

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SINGAPORE !!

wow, girls, girls, bravo to all of you. Very nice cakes and creative...I must really start soon, have been procastinating. Well done! Happy National Day!

Mrs Teng, can I check with you about fondant cake.
What is the right type of cake to make that can be
covered with fondant. I know most ppl make fruit
cake or butter. Can any chocolate cake do too.
Sorry to trouble you with silly question. Just
curious. many thanks

Chanelgirl

As far as I know, chocolate can be used. Even sponge cake can be used, those high density sponge cake but usually used for top tier. Usually with such softer cake, Dowels is a must to prevent each tier from sinking into the one underneath. The other reason for using fruit and buttercake is becos the cake need not be refrigerated immediately. Cos fondant cake will 'sweat' or melt once taken out from the fridge.. so normally ppl would like to use cake base that can be stored in room temperature for about one or two days.

Mrs Teng, Thank you very much for sharing. But wat is a 'dowels'? So, does tat mean have
to bake n decorate the cake on the same day
so tat fondant won't melt or put in
the fridge. Sorry, I need to find out be4 embarking this project. Heee...thanks

Chanelgirl

It'll depends what's your cake base. Like what I've explained.. Fruit cake and Butter cakes can be baked 2 days earlier. Decorate fondant the day before and no need to put in fridge. But if you have cake base that required refrigerating, you got to do it that day. If you want to take the risk, the day before also can.

Dowels are either plastic or wooden sticks that is inserted into the cake to support the upper tier cake.

Hi Ladies,

Any of you ladies have Wah Kueh recipe with the bean sauce...Having thinking about this and hard to find in singapore now...The Bukit Merah hawker centre use to have it but now cant find already...Please help... Now Pregnant and have this so special and hard to find food craving...

Hi Peng,
Congrat to you!! We are about the same time...But i think my EDD earlier 1 week...

wah seh DIOR... CONGRATS!! ... ur 9 layer steam kueh is nice... still can't achieve your standard!
happy.gif

Bukit Merah central one is non comparable to the ABC Market corner stall before renovation about 8 years ago!!.... Up till now, I still can't find the real 'McCoy' taste!! ... Hope someone able to share the 'special' sauce recipe...
happy.gif

Catika,

So cant find it at ABC market already?? Last week I found one at Bukit Timah hawker centre but find the sauce dont really taste nice but the wah kueh very soft la...

I went internet to search also dont have the recipe only closes is pics of wah kueh to see only...sigh.... and lots of wah ko kueh recipe....

You try making the rainbow kueh again, definetely can make it.

Dearie_e,

Rdgs to Nice dome shape muffin

I usually preheat my over say ard 30 mins or more, then place in my trays of muffins. Will form nice dome shape when almost done. It temperature too high, it will sometimes split open alittle at the top

Back