Cup cakes for birthday

Mrs Teng
Got to jaga cos weather is no gd. Take care!

Jess
talk abt weight loss...hmm.....i oso cant make it le!

Ur cake looks pro too. Gd job!

Maggie
everything in MW or jst melting the MM? How u go abt it?

My bakes last nite. Strawberry cheese cake.
3941580.jpg

3941581.jpg

3941582.jpg

3941583.jpg

Jess - Nice Mickey mouse cake. Am no good at decorations.

I also cannot make it in losing weight. Am wondering how to lose weight.

fatmum - looks so good.

Mummies who joined my cakediy spree shipment arrived! Waited so long for Singpost.....

Tibitqueen ur stuff by mail or u w come pick up fr me?

Peng sending out ur stuff by registered mail today Thurs.

Kendy ur stuff?

jess,
nice creation!!!

fatmum,
sponge cake base for your Strawberry cheese cake?
yumm...yummmmm!!!!

jandew,
i entitle for free postage right?
do u need me to re-sent my addy?

still thinking what to do for my gal june birthday!!!! lazy mummy lol..
thiking of my butter cream still heartpain!!!

Jess,

Your cake is so beautiful, did you put the dowels to support the cake? I always have questions on using dowels, dunno when to use.

fatmum,
ur strawberry cheese cake looks yummy!! i luv to eat cheesecake!!

breadmum, tibitqueen,
thanks!

mone,
hmmm... i'll try to lower the temp next time & see how...

slmummy,
thanks... i din use dowel, i inserted 6 bubblepearl straws to support... good enough & cheap!

Tibitqueen ok I w send by mail for u, cfm whether I got ur mailing addy.

Fatmum the plastic paper ard ur mini cheesecake is the type used to wrap ard cakes? Did u use scotch tape or someting to hold them in place. U put cake layers b/w the big cake?

and I find that the most important is PENGS" recipe is not very sweet(like others) which all the PAP teachers and kids love... so its a up...

Jess, lose weight???? never in agenda... muahahahaha... nice cake! I targetting a HK cake simple deco-ed for DD's b'day in June...

Fatmum, as usual... very classically nicely done home style cake! sure nice... hmm...

Maggie: ... the colours arh.... a MONSTER.... polka dot MONSTER??? hahahahah... *joking hor*...

ok pai seh to ask here... who got extra or un-needed NTUC coupon POINTS... can please donate to me? ... i bot milk powderSSS last week... think only started this week, missed the chance! ... *sigh*... i eyeing two bags...

please PM me ... thanks. *blush*

*dig hole, jump in* muahahahaha...

jacquetic,
never in ur agenda? so u r those type tat eat oil also wont put on weight one? hahaa... i'm now baking almost everyday think my weight will be back soon... arghh!!

maggie,
i'm baking chiffon cake now, but dun think it's the cake tat u wan to learn... hehee! wat kind of cake u wan to learn?
as for those colours of fondant ah? make barney lo... lol!!

I dont know how to mould free hand Barney lei.. I try making Dibo extreme mini end up like dinasour lei...(only got photo in HP-no cable to link CPU)

I want to learn those with cream cakes type... Chiffon cake Paiseh to say havent make yet...

Tibitqueen Ur buttercream went wrong??... my first attempt is very good... only its sweet but i neutralize it with lime juice...

jess, ... erm... erm... exactly opposite lor... BREATHE AIR also will swell and balloon kind is my type... muahahaha... so losing weight never in my agenda... waste effort, time and money only! (healthy diets are more exp hor!)... hahahaha...

Peng,

in your buttercream recipe, can i omit the shortening? can use salted butter instead?
phobia...phobia...lol

maggie,
tried twice, both FAIL......so sad...

Hi
Just to share some pix of the cake I just learned from Creative:

Mango Cheesecake, for the brownie cheesecake because the choco din set nicely so din take the pix

3945890.jpg

2 types of chocolate cake and the pix are the cake made by the instructor but no me. I forget to take the pix for my own cake, hehe!

3945891.jpg
3945892.jpg

tibitqueen
how abt using fresh cream? It taste lighter and so much easier to whip
happy.gif
I also have a BC recipe but using egg yolk you keen? Need to boil sugar syrup. The process is tedious but the taste is smooth....use this for opera cake yum
happy.gif

jandew
Yes its those wrapper. I never use tape cos the cheese is sticky enough to do the sticking haha..

For the cheesecake, cake, cheese, cake, cheese then topping
happy.gif

meow
Ur BD ah?

is this hands on? Looks pro. How to make the side so smooth? Got tips
happy.gif

Mone
give me time go dig dig recipe.

Fatmum : Thank you! Btw, the wrapper used for the cheese - you lined the sides of the cake tin
before pouring the cheese mixture since its the no bake type right?

I bought a ring then cut the cake using the ring, pour the cheese batter, bang bang it, smooth the top then push the cake from the base slowly. then wrap with plastic wrapper then leave in the fridge. I use only 1 cake ring yippee.....only 90cents! But its a small ring
happy.gif

Recipe Richard goh
Prepare 9' choco sponge cake, cut into 3 layers set aside

Topping
300gm fresh cream
250g dark sweet pitted cheeries
some stem cherries for deco
some chocolate shaving
2tsp rum
200gm chocolate cream

1) Whisk fresh cream until stiff add 1/2 of the whipped cream to the choco cream and rum flavour
2) Spread a thin layer of the chocolate fresh cream on one cake layer, pipe a roundof the cream on the edge. Put the pitted cheeries in teh centre and cover them with thin layer of cream. contd creaming with the 2nd layer of cake. Spread the final layer of cake with white whipped fresh cream (with rum added)
Piped 12 Rosettes using a star nozzle and place the stem cherry to decorate. Cover the centre and sides of the cake with chocolate flakes
http://fatmumbaking.blogspot.com/2009/01/first-baking-lesson-at-yio-chu-kang-cc.html

mommies,
HELP! tried to color the fondant by using wilton coloring paste for icing. Bought xmas red, but the color only turn to orangy brown after adding abt half the btl.... the size is slightly smaller than a palm size. need the whole btl for that lump?? i need a red fondant for the bottom of the mickey clubhuse.... anyone can advise me?? =(

jess,
nay, i don't think i can come up with anything half as nice as ur Mickey Mouse cake.

tell u, i tried to bake chiffon, S.I.X times (last nite went thru all my pix and count), and still cannot succeed.. must find some1 to teach me.

think will try MMF someday.. lol

tidbitqueen,
i also hv a LOT of shortening left.. dunno what to do since i dun bake now. anyboday keen? i bot last Oct..

peng,
just went to see ur "chiffon cake" video.. why i see pple make always so simple, i make like very stress... hahaha.

maybe really not cut out for baking.. hiaaz..

fatmum,
nicey, nicey...

eileen,
nice cake. the choco deco is done by own?

<font color="0000ff">every one here like so good at baking n decorating. any1 staying at Yew Tee area wanna teach me bake?!?! :p</font>

YEw Tee Mum, I am going to make the fondant this week... Want to join in my house... U bring ur own # 150gm marshmallow
# 300gm icing sugar
ok??

For coloring I am sad to say I use those bought in Giant,NTUC,SHop and save type..

tibitqueen I go dig up the recipe for buttercream for u.. I make a little change added lime juice to neutralize the sweetness and bingo it work... maybe on sunday.. tmr going to birdpark with son PAP and saturday go mum house... busy busy.. go eat free...
happy.gif
happy.gif
then I no need cook... tired..

poky
to achieve the shade of red you must combine no taste red with christmas red. You play with the amt of red added when u knead. Remember to get no taste red cos too much of red can resulted in bitterness in the fondant. Hope this help.

Morning babes,
yawn....still feel v.tired....

wah, yewteemum, maggieheng, both of u no need to sleep ah...still awake at that timing...

peng, i didnt know shortening can leave outside, just worry ants....will check the expiry date..

kendy, so nice of u to show me step by step photo. xie xie in advance ...keke..

meow, happy birthday!!! or rather belated ah?
happy.gif

1-0, nice cake.

fatmum, can share ur recipe? thanks

yewteemum, Hi-5!!! i stay at yewtee too. but hor cant teach u baking as my skill not even up to half pail of water..still learning from mummy here....chiffon cake..most important is ur egg white..must beat till top stiff. else like me last time...whole cake collapse and texture like huatkueh, but luckly my hubby like to eat those unsuccessful cake
sad.gif
weird ppl right??? else v.wasted

maggieheng, where r u staying huh? see whether can meet u...can share ur recipe too?

eileen,
ur mango cheesecake so smooth &amp; nicely done
happy.gif

poky,
wilton xmas red colour turn out orangy brown?
i use chefmaster xmas red for my Mcqueen CAR cake &amp; the result is good ler, no need half bottle so much, but still need abt 1/4 bottle laa... but i was told chefmaster xmas red is better than wilton one, can get the effect more easily...

yewteemun,
i tried chiffon 5 times but not all the time can sucess one also, i can handle smaller pan (less batter amt) but if bigger pan i will 'sweat' when come to folding part... hahaa!

here's the pandan coconut chiffon cake tat i made ytd, i use pandan essense instead coz no pandan leaves at home... the cake looks short hor, dunno it's bcoz the recipe calls for 18cm pan but mine was 17cm or i overfolded the batter...
3948144.jpg

btw, sometimes i find a bit difficult to fold in such stiff egg white, any trick tat can help to make the egg white 'blended in' with mixture easily? yesterday one i folded quite long sia coz the egg white can't seem to be well combined ler, in the end i got to stop even tho still got a bit of egg white tat din blend in but i boh chap if not the whole thing sure delate if carry on... anyway the taste is really good, soft &amp; cottony, &amp; half gone into my tummy immediately... oppss!!

Hi YewTee mum n TiBitQueen,

I also stay at Yew Tee....maybe we should form or attend a cake making cum decoration workshop together? keke...

Fatmum
they are choco fudge cake, use ring n pour the choco over type, so the side is smooth.

Yewteemum
the chocolate cake is make and deco by my instructor.

Back