Cup cakes for birthday

kathy, thanks for info!!!! confirm can make some for my boy's birthday party now!
happy.gif

i managed to make some fruit tarts last week, bought ready made tart shells from Cold storage. Nice, but pity that the tart shells quite big.

hi JP, good to see you here as well.
happy.gif

hi expert bakers,

any advice on getting a oven for baking? not forgetting that i'm only a beginner baker.. i do not need a high performance one. just a simple one for baking cookies, cupcakes, cake will do. (kitchen running out of space too).. hahaha

thanks!

1-0
Ur ba chak very the 'ho liao' got lots of filling Yum yum....My mum & mil is also making it but 2 bad weather is too heaty so cannot take much.

Bleh
do u mind taking 2nd hand table top oven. Brand is morris. My sis intend to get a bigger one so letting go. PM me if keen.

jacelyn, .... no recipes leh.... just go by intuition.... basically honey one is the normal marinate... u marinate the chix overnite or more.... about 3-5 mins before done, u put honey coat... about 3 times...
happy.gif

the fresh cajun mix is from a friend who travels back from Australia... it is nice...
happy.gif
manybe can try McCormick brand... see if they have?
happy.gif
the dried sliecd garlics works wonders!
happy.gif

1-0... yummy yum... i like homemade ones better because no bui-bak.... outside one... they like to put 'so much' bui-bak... very er xin...

Hi,

Haven't been here for a long while. Haven't been baking either....

Many recipes recommend the addition of flavoured liquour such as strawberry liquor, cointreau (orange liquar), kahlua etc. Does anyone know where we can buy miniature versions of such liquor for baking purpose? I don't drink so it will be a waste to get the regular size bottles.

Thanks.

1-0,
Home-made bak-chang, they are the best. Wish I know how to make it.

Fatmum,
Nice tiramisu, but how to get those circles around the cake? Unusual finishing.

hello! i made my fruit tarts at last! i went phoon huat and got those really yummy ready-maed tart shells. yumz!!

HI,
Can anyone enlighten me why my macaron got feet but a bit chewy.. Izzit due to the almond I used cos i used those almond meal which i get from supermarket in aus ...

TIA

Hi Bleh,

How much is the ready made fruit tart that you bought from PH? They keep the tart at which section huh? I can't find at Hougang branch leh

hi capri,

i bought the mini size, 30 in a pack for $5.20. I asked from the staff at the counter.

she told me can keep until October.

CatiKa & jacelyn - I tend to FIY the cajun mix. Here's my recipe. Hope you guys don't mind me sharing.

1 cup salt
1 cup garlic powder
1 cup onion powder
1/2 cup dried oregano leaves
1/2 cup dried sweet basil
1/4 cup dried thyme leaves
1/4 cup black pepper
1/4 cup white pepper
1/4 cup cayenne pepper
1 1/4 cups paprika

Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until blended well. Use as a general cooking seasoning.

wah JP, u v hardworking! i am a lazy cook & baker. i go for quick and easy recipes.

hahahhaa... that explains as well y i need just a moderate oven.

Today help my mum to make "bak chang" again, hehe! My parents are teochew so the dumpling is white one. My hb is hokkien so their dumpling is "black" one. But I like white more than black one, haha!

2502983.jpg

1-0
can't compare to Richard standard (",)

Angeline
Let me know which recipe u keen jst pm me. Will try my best to email u asap.

Jacelyn
Took my class at yio Chu Kang CC. Instructor is Mr Richard Goh. His starting his Stage 1 lesson next week. If you happen to stay nearby can pop by. can check out PA web site which other cc his conducting. FOr his class its always limited seat so act fast. (",)

Hi,

Would like to ask everytime we want to bake cake, must use room temperature egg and soften butter? Any faster way to soften the butter?

capriho...yes must bring to room temp for all ingredient. U can use microwave to soften the butter, but be careful dun melt it :p but for eggs to be separate, it is easier to separate it when is still cold, then leave to room temp b4 using.

Hi Peng,

Thks ya... thinking of baking the chocolate sponge cake in your blog and try the buttercream icing as well... guess have to wait till tomorrow liao.. haha

1-0... bak chang is nice.... hahahahaha...

fatmum... nice nice nice tiramisu....

JP, wow!! Thanks for the mix from basic recipe... see if i can get my motivation/inertia to start moving...

Holidays coming!!! Yippee... BUT headache!! But glad that no need to wake up wee hours liow... hahahahaha...

Hi Fatmum,
Thanks. You have very good skills because Tiramisu is not easy to bake.

Mmmm...inspiration from you, maybe I shd try this out...hahaha.

kathy
No lah....that is baked by my instructor during my baking lesson. My standard still got long way to go....So the hand writing belongs to my 老师

capriho,

my way of soften the butter is to use fan and blow on it. Or you may want to try using the 'defrost' mode on the microwave. Look out for the timing. If over defrost, the butter may melt. Hope this will help you.

love#1, thks so much for the mangoes!!!
you are really excellent choosing mangoes leh! all are super sweet (like u), no need to put sugar liao.

mango sago dessert - sugar free:
2515357.jpg

mixed fruits tart:
2515358.jpg

mickey mouse club house (non-edible figurine)
2515359.jpg

i'll mia for weeks, for those who enrolled for cupcakes/tiered cake workshop, don't panic, date & time will remind the same.
i'll check e-mail occasionally.

Does anyone have recipe of Nasi Lemak - Rice and Sambal????

Very nice one needed.

For Ikan Billis is it just deep fried will do, do I need to add any flour or what???

CL,
The nasi lemak looks so good, esp. sambal chilli/ikan bilis....yum yum. Link saved into the "to try" bin..hahaha.

keng... wah seh... so organised! hahahaha

CL... thanks!

Peng... i hardcore chilli lover one... can bite chilli padi and not tear... so those bottled ones... cannot make it... also not pang enuff... but one brand = Tayo - the Belachan chilli is really SOLID... one spoon enuff to make one tear! hahahaha... but not on nasi lemak though...
happy.gif

Back