Cup cakes for birthday

CL,
yeah.... if no confidence of it arriving... better not order.. hehehe. But hor... it sure is cute!

Hammie,
Can join for lunch? Since you guys mentioned mee siam... cannot get it out of my mind... slurp!
happy.gif

Eliz...u can try either of this recipe one using

ondeh ondeh sweet potatoes

Ingredients :
2 large sweet potato ( steamed peeled & mashed)
250gr glutinous rice flour ( I use ERAWAN brand coz taste more chewy)
150ml warm water ( depend yr sweet potato coz some sweet potato small)
a few drop of green colouring if u want but sweet potato is have yellow colour oredi if u dont want put any colouring

filling :
3 block gula melaka ( crushed)

coating :
1 coconut grated without skin
pinch of salt
pandan leaves
steam for 3 mins then leave to cool

method :
1) mix well mashed sweet potato, rice flour & food colouring
2) add water gradually till a fairly
stif dough is obtained
3) knead weell. devide dough into small equal portions. form into balls
4) make a well in the centre. spoon filling in. seal the hole & reshape the balls
5) put a few balls at a time into boling water with pandan leaves. when balls float to surface remove & roll in coating.

http://pengskitchen.blogspot.com/2008/07/ondeh-ondeh.html

mummies
i still have some leftover of shortening and the flour which is meant for making the snowkin mooncake. do you have any recipes to share for using up these 2 ingredients?

Hi Sunny, try this. Got the recipe from Aunty Yochana's blog http://auntyyochana.blogspot.com/2007/08/snowy-hawflake-cake.html

Snowy Hawflake Cake
Ingredients:

100 gm. Kou fen (fried glutinous rice flour for making snow skin mooncakes)
80 gm. icing sugar
20 gm. Crisco shortening
1/4 tsp. Vanillin powder
30 - 40 gm. cold water

Filling: some crushed san cha (can be omitted)

Method:

(1) Mix all the ingredients together and mix till forms into breadcrumbs form.
(2) Fill in some mixture into the mould, arrange some crushed hawflakes on top then top up with the kou fen mixture again.
(3) Press till flatten then knock it and serve.

Hi mummies,
so nice picture here and so many attractive cup cake for birthday.

Can anyone leave a link that can contact and order cupcake and hand pick food?

I am looking for few items for celebrating my boy 1st yrs old and my gal 4 yrs old, my niece 13yrs old and celebrating hari raya in 8 Dec 08.

Their birthday are very closed. Big party at home.

Need link and contact of animal , cartoon cup cake?

Hi Yany, will add you but I must say i dun msn often..hee hee...

I start the ball rolling... those interested, can add on.

Date: 10 Oct, Friday
Time: 1200 hrs
Plc : Harbourfront, infront of Breadtalk.

1. Hammie
2. Sally & boi
3. Yany

Dear all,
I have bake a flourless chocolate swissroll yesterday. The cake texture is super soft and it taste gd. Here is the recipe if anyone want to try.

Chocolate Sponge Cake:
1/4 cup (50 grams) plus 2 tablespoons (28 grams) granulated white sugar
6 large eggs, separated
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
4 ounces (112 grams) bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped in small pieces
3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
Dutch-processed cocoa powder or powdered sugar for dusting
Chocolate Whipped Cream:
1 cup (240 ml) heavy whipping cream
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3 tablespoon (40 grams) granulated white sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder (I use Dutch-processed)

Chocolate Sponge Cake: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) and place the oven rack in the center of the oven. Butter, or spray with Pam, a 17 inch (43 cm) by 12 inch (30 cm) jelly roll pan. Line the pan with parchment paper and then butter and flour the paper (or spray with Baker's Joy). Set aside.

While the eggs are still cold, separate the eggs, placing the whites in one bowl and the yolks in another. Cover with plastic wrap and bring to room temperature before using (takes about 30 minutes).

Meanwhile melt the chocolate in a stainless steel bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water. Set aside.

In the bowl of your electric mixer (or with a hand mixer) place the egg yolks and 1/4 cup (50 grams) of sugar and beat until this mixture is light and fluffy (about five minutes). (When you slowly raise the beaters, the batter will fall back into the bowl in a slow ribbon.) Beat in the vanilla extract. Add the melted chocolate and beat only to combine. Set aside while you beat the egg whites.

In a clean mixing bowl, with the whisk attachment, beat the egg whites until foamy. Add the cream of tartar and beat at medium-high speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in the remaining 2 tablespoons (28 grams) of sugar until stiff peaks form.
Gently fold a small amount of the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture using a rubber spatula or whisk to lighten the batter. Fold in the remaining whites just until incorporated. Don't over mix or the batter will deflate. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan with an offset spatula. Bake until the cake is puffed, has lost its shine, and springs back when gently pressed, about 15-17 minutes. Remove from oven and place on wire rack to cool. Cover the cake with a clean, slightly damp towel.

Chocolate Whipped Cream: In a large mixing bowl place the whipping cream, vanilla extract, sugar, and cocoa powder and stir to combine. Cover and chill the bowl and beaters in the refrigerator for at least one hour so the cocoa powder has time to dissolve. Beat the mixture until stiff peaks form.
Once the cake has cooled, spread with the chocolate whipped cream and gently roll the cake, peeling off the parchment paper as you roll.

Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to five days.

wah...u mummies are really v good in baking...hope i can join u all after i deliver my 1st in dec..

Btw any mummies is doing cupcakes for business? I am sourcing out to get some for my bb full month.

Hi morning..

I bake banana & chocolate chips muffins yesterday using AY's recipe..Taste very nice. Thanks to the ladies here sharing her blog with me.

btw, how do we determine when to use 'up & bottom' heat or only 'up' heat for baking? Hope someone can help.

Have been following the thread but no contribution. Baked some cuppies during eve of childrens day for my boy to bring to sch for celebration.

this is the 2nd time i'm using buttercream for the cuppies. Thanks pink for her recipes.

1757182.jpg

also tried zebra cake but find it not fluffy enuf think i have over stirred the batter.

1757183.jpg

thanks for viewing

Date: 10 Oct, Friday
Time: 1200 hrs
Plc : Harbourfront, infront of Breadtalk.

1. Hammie
2. Sally & boi
3. Yany
4. Shers

Are we having the hawker food?? Tom Yam?? That is not filling for me. I'm a big eater!

Pink, any luck that u r joining in?? i want yr 'fruits'!

hammie,

dont wan la.. i dont really have craving.. can eat anything. dont worry! but u ladies have extra baking, bring along! i want to ta bao.. hehehe

haha Shers,
I was exactly like you when I was preggy. I would eat & eat... and like a baby, at least every 3 hours max. Otherwise, its snacking all the time. My ex-colleague (British) even say I put on 2 stones!

Before preggie... he used to call me babe. Then one time I was pregnant, I stretched to close the window blind and he went... "oh... never do that. My eyes! My Eyes!" hahahaha. Must have seen my "very" big butt.... hahahaha. We had a sense of humour in the office that no one could stand!

yany,

i dont have very big appetite now.. just that all along i'm big eater..

hammie knew because of the bowl of tom yam couldny fill me in.

now preggie.. i must eat when i can feel a slight hunger.. otherwise, will puke like crazy..

Shers & Yany
U both are lucky u can eat and eat.... last time I puke and puke like no body business...
sad.gif
till I sit in the toilet...cos lazy to run in and out..hee hee

hammie, there was once i very xin ku.. squat infront of toilet bowl and puke.. then my little gal walked pass.. see me puke, she came to me and cried and kept patting me..

haiz.. come to this stage, i think its worth it la.. all the puking and shit that mums went through during pregnancy..

my little gal is also 15 months.. she knew how to pat because there was once she coughed and i told her to pat herself.. then from there onwards, if she sees anyone coughing, she will pat.. thats how she pats me la..

so assuring..

Hi mummies who bake, does anyone knows; beside oven to bake cake. Can you use the traditional wok to bake the cake?

Anyone advises on how and how long, what is needed to use the wok to bake?

Hi Anyone have the recipe those pie like Mcdonald's apple pie, Old Chang Kee Yam Pie tat skin? They use Fry or Bake? Anyone hv the recipe?

Shers, my workplace at science park 2 dont have cab coming in one leh.. those kind of bird dont shit place. unless I walk all the way out to the main road lor.

I wont put my name down in case I can't make it but will give you a call if I can reach there in time.

hammie, SP2 hv shuttle going to SP1 but hor it take very long to reach there although SP1 is just behind SP2. Cause the shuttle will go round nus first before going to SP1.

How do u go to harbourfront? u past by the rd w a lot of turn anot?? if have, I can wait for u at the first busstop.

For those who are looking for rosemary and other herbs, pls try PH stores first before you hit the supermarkets. It may be cheaper. Those selling in supermarkets are branded and they are more ex.

Just trying to help you gals save $$$!

PH also sell?? but PH stores are not that convenient for me..

anybody can buy for me and pass to me on 10th lunch?

Hammie, then it ok lah, I can go myself.. worst to worst, go out earlier and walk outside to take a bus. :p

Shers, lucky u mention "anybody can buy for me and pass to me on 10th lunch?" I thought the lunch is tommorrow... sotong me..
kao_dizzy.gif

Back