Cup cakes for birthday

Have too many durians at home. Some were bought from Malaysia by sis while some are locals...picked by my MIL from the forested area. I prefer the latter
biggrin.gif

Pureen and made durian puff.
1554670.jpg

My version of Tiapan tofu. no hot plate so jst use my frying pan ha..ha....my boys like it.
1554671.jpg

Last week also try out a recipe on chocolate chiffon. Find the texture bit dense.
1554672.jpg

Ok...I tried making the zebra cake using Farida’s Azerbaijani Cookbook receipe. I didn't have veg oil and used peanut oil instead. Big mistake as it had a funny taste... like the cake has been kept for a while
sad.gif

Cathika,
What is the texture of your zebra cake? It is a little springy?

Anyways, I think mext time I'll substitute the oil with melted butter. Strange thing was that I got some holes in the cake. Wonder why that is?

cake before baking
1554700.jpg

cake after baking
1554701.jpg
1554702.jpg
1554703.jpg

yany, the cake have very nice zabrea stripes. I would normally 'bang' my cake on the table b4 bake (drop the tin frm a height) so as to let out trapped air bubble. Not sure if the hole could be the reason.

Thanks fatmum. I'll do that the next time. I've never experience holes in the cake before... but I guess there's a first for everything! hahaha

yany, the strips r beautiful... according to what i read, can only used veg oil like corn oil to bake. peanut oil or knife oil kind of cooking oil will cause a differ in the texture.

And not all cakes can be banged against the table. it will cost the cake to either sink or have a heavy texture according to what i had read b4.

hi gals! I've been so busy that dun even have time to read the forum, much less bake! Anyway, my fruits during the weekend.
happy.gif

hi! yany, the zebra cake inside is 'song song' - fluffy one... hmm... means... it's not too wet and when u bite into it, it will melt in the mouth feel... so with the almond bits that i've scattered layer by layer... it makes a delicious bite!

re: puffs
wah... i want to do puffs! but hb say eat durian fresh better, dun want me to waste my time leh...
sad.gif
now durians getting really cheap! hee...

re: zebra cake
i am impressed everyone's zebra cakes turn out so well! i'm scared of doing things similar to marble cake cos the strips sure haywire. is zebra cake difficult to do? :p

Just pop in to say hello to fellow bakers. Been MIA for quite a while due to busy work and was on leave last week to register my gal for P1. Those mommies with kids going to P1 next yr, have you done your registration?

hi all,

i hope i'm not forgotten!

Been very busy with work and my gal so didnt pop in to share my fruits. hope everyone is doing fine..

I have more than 20 archives to read.. hope i can roughly glance through and update my fruit soon!

Eileen
I got puff pastry.share share your recipe.

Cookiepie
Me too done the registration last week. Sng oso done. Which school you register ?

Jen
Very cute cookies and nice cake

MissyLing,
About the oil... now I know... lol.

Jen,
Cute biscuits and your strawberry cheesecake looks yummy!

On registration for P1, I'll be doing mine this week. Never knew its so difficult as I am not from here
happy.gif

Peng,
I got the zebra cake from this website http://azcookbook.wordpress.com/2008/02/15/zebra-cake/. The ingredients seems so much simpler's than Auntie Yo's as it uses 2 eggs instead of 10! I guess I would just have to try it once next time as the description from Cathika sounds delicious!

I just came back from Daiso and bought some non-stick mini chiffon cake pans. Hope to try orange chiffon next!
happy.gif

CL
I am using PH Puff pastry. Just fry some onion with meat, cooked potato then add black pepper sauce. Simple & nice, hehe!

Cookie pie,
I'm gg to register my boi this thur under the phase2B, really hope I need not ballot.

Shers,
long time no see, I'm also busi and occassional come in to view the fruits only, not much time for baking. haiz!

Durian cheese cake. Suppose to use cream cheese but replace it with cheddar cheese. End up salty ha...ha....

1557593.jpg

Ling,
ha ha you know what my sir joke about. Ha ha ask me to do scrapbooking techniques on my cupcakes. I think he is xiao liao.

Cookiepie
Yup nanyang. Rosyth is good. That is why I tell Sng.next time we do test paper swop. Hers is red swatika. I think Pink is st hilda's ? We have a 2002 baby gang here

oooh... pink conducted fondant class? How did I miss that?

CL,
Love the cupcake... so kawaiiii! Very pretty colours too!

Fatmum,
Your cheesecake looks good!

Yany,
it is private class, we pay and get her to come to our place and we got the mixer ready for her.

Ling,
Ha Ha I need a big cake to do my scrapbook. Mini one a bit difficult.

Hi missyLing, care to share on its use?
Wat model? How are your bakes so far? Is it even heat distribution? Wats the price like?

Sorry for the many questions, just trying to narrow down my choices.

1558277.gif

Maya: Hahaha wat model? i dun remember its model no. It can bake and grill.

Heat distribution quite even. HB got it for it as a bday gift some years ago. Should be between 500-580 or so..

Hmm ok. Cos I couldn't seem to find any on the net to view. Tot there might be a few models. So you've had it for years huh. And still good? Can grill chicken? Any idea wat is the litres?

CL,
u managed to enrol tour child into Nanyang.. Wa, u stay very near Nanyang ah??? Old girl??

Cookiepie,
I can't decide whether to put my child in Nan Chiau which is very near home or travel a bit n put her in Rosyth. U staying around Hougang?

can gril but mine cannot turn ard kind. there is one which make the chicken turn while its grilling. Hehe but my oven, i dun bear to do grilling.

My is only 38L good enuff to bake.

maya: its like dat. I olso see around many times but cant decide on it. Its HB tat gave up and went to get this one since he is paying.

B2B3M4
Yup i old girl so happen that I kept my report book and lost my PSLE slip. so enrol last week liao. My not staying near nanyang but from my mum place at commonwealth seems ok

Nan Chiau is good right ? For me if I have a choice I will choose near home but the schools near my house too popular in neighbourhood and anyway my kids are with mum not at CCK so finally go for nanyang without hassle for registration

B2B3M4,
I also wanted nan chiau but chances are slim and after school care also difficult to find. Given so many uncertainties with NC, I went for rosyth instead.

CL,
That's nice. Wish I have a proper mixer.... lol.

Made orange chiffon cake for my kids so they can have a snack after school. Smells heavenly but a little over done as I had to go pick son up while it was baking. Used Aunt Yo's receipe and really wish I have a proper chiffon pan as it doesn't look remotely like hers!
1558743.jpg

CL, ur cuppies are nice!!

yany, ur chiffon looks professional!

cookiepie, how come NC chance is slim? i tot it's more difficult to get into Rosyth? did u do voluntary work?

Yesterday bought 3 big mango from JW, each weight more than 700g. So today tried to make mango cake. Try to deco the cake but was a mess. Hubby complained just to eat why take so much trouble, hehe!
1559847.jpg
1559848.jpg
1559849.jpg
1559850.jpg

haaha 1-0 get use to it la... i think those men ar... always have the same thinking de... afterall its to eat.. y made ourselves so busy.

oh ya i saw the tw on sale @ ntuc oso... 4 for $8.95

morning all,

kl148 (kl148) & C. LIM (tchloe73),
now really addicted hor?
when I'm busy, dun dare to login at all, sure get hooked and can't concentrate with work... kekeke!

Tang Ling,
me still need to find time upload the pix, so sorry abt it, office new project is killing! haiz!
thanks for your patient
happy.gif

saw many "fruits" here, good job everyone!
yanny, i like the chiffon, looks very soft.
1-0,
the puff pastry, looks so yummy! texture looks good! welldone.

fatmum,
not fair leh, how come i only got durian puff & durian cheesecake? then tiapan tofu leh?
btw, both durian puff and durian cheesecake very nice! thks leh.

angel_baby,
yes, my camera got macro function, but me super not good with photography lah....
yes yes, gotta find one day to visit dana and get some advise from you.. thanks!

CL,
beautiful cuppies there!
remember try to dry the fondant butterfly before u put on the cuppies, atleast dry it for 3 hrs...

Jen,
nice strawberry cheesecake!
when pass by tampines, bring some for me? :p

KENG,
pizza very easy hor?
for topping, juz put red, green, yellow capsium, diced ham, mozzarella cheese. canned pineapple, button mushroom, chopped onion.
put any things u like, seafood oso can.
my maid still asking abt you leh.... the one who loves coffee one.... hahaha! hope u all enjoy the session.

shers,
welcomeback! how to forget u? one of the baking thread model?
happy.gif

hope u can cope well with work & life.
me oso strugelling with work life balance.... sigh!

ep,
never receive PM from u leh.

bottle,
U new wif us? Welcome to tis baking thread.
Tis club hv SAHM & FTWM. For me, stl trying to hv work life balance. When kids sleep, then i bake, sacrificed my sleeping time lor. Tats why i looks 10yrs older than my age. Kekeke! But i enjoy it lar.
Pls do not hesitate to visit us and share wif us ya?

Back