Cup cakes for birthday

u r wel-der-come!
happy.gif

WOW meow.. ur orchid very nice eh... i oso have one pot but i trim off to make it grow again... muz wait long long again...

i juz plant the mint 1-0 gave us and the chilli i gave u... hehehe hopeful it will grow up healthy....

muffin... the chiffon pan came? alamak ytd we went in the noon hor... they didn't display it out wor...

Hello all,
Cat,
Ur orchid like last time my HB bot for CNY, very exp $60/pot. but hor only few day then gone liao.

Fatmum,
My sis noe how to make Harkao, last time she got teach me, now forgot liao,

1-0 & Ling,
Yes, lunch i made the soup & toast bread + ham & cheese, kids like it very much.

I just finished bake chicken pie.
The filling i use Pink risoles recipe & the pastry i bot ready puff pastry, he he

1395542.jpg
1395543.jpg

wow lim... the chicken pie look good... hehe tink the remainer pastry... i can keep till next week and make some pies... gd idea!!!

Meow & Lim... hehe i plant the mint 1-0 gave us & another pot is the purple chilli....

1395667.jpg

Mee sua kueh.... 1-0, meow & Lim... now waiting to see what u will serve using urs... hehe Hb said hor... mee sua kueh nw look presentable in this "platte" more high class lok liao...

1395668.jpg

ep
I use the roti prata, it works quite well as pastry puff. The bowl can get from Daiso.

Lim
very nice chicken pies.
My stomach is ok now. Last night so pain & go toilet so many times. I cannot eat too much & too oily plus cannot take milk too.

Ling
Yr mee suan kueh so presentable.

Wow, popular thread has rocketed once again.
Now got to read past archieve pages by pages from my last post..

Thank you all for the kind comments..

Keng,
Sorry got getting back to you late.
For my yam rice, I will measure the cups of water for the amount of rice which I want to cook in the rice cooker first. Then pour out the rice and leave the measured water in the rice cooker. (leave to boil the water, meantime)

Cooked all the ingredients in the wok and lastly place the rice to cook together so that the aroma is all captured in the rice.

After that, pour all of it into the rice cooker with previous water measured and boiled.

Hope you know what I mean..

Muffin,
am i too late? i want the chiffon pan.

Fatmum,
where u caught those? I go to Upper Pierce to catch last week too.
happy.gif
only manage to get one middle size and the rest are like babies..hee hee. Btw, think u need bigger tank...last time i caught..they eat up one another..
sad.gif
sad.gif

for a moment..i tot u use ur lobster for the har kao!! hahahaha..

Pink,
Ya, probably can't resist our "lovely fruits".. hehehe!

Thanks on the info of MMF.
Sorry I do not know whether outside fondant have to add gumtex to make it more pliable..

Wow, your onde-onde so yummy!! I am drooling here..
I make it once using slightly different recipe but very good too.
My all time fave!

Hi all
tomorrow celebrate mother day for mil in advance. So bake a blueberry cake for her. Hubby & me both work very hard on the decoration, hehe.
1395728.jpg

Wow, just finished running through the archives..
That was really long.
Enjoyed looking at those lovely photos of bakes, cooked dishes, kids photos, plants and miscellaneous.

Mama to 5Js,
I adore your twins..
So cute of them from birth till the age of 4.
You are real lucky to have twins..

Sally,
Bet you boy is proud of hardworking mummy like you who bakes and cook so well for him.
I love your Pooh design creation..

What a contribution from all..

Some from me..
banana cupcake with walnut toppings (no frosting)
1395774.jpg

after dressing-up
an idea to share with all:-
(use any printed paper, cut into square and wrapped it up and tied it with a string or ribbon)
1395775.jpg

Fatmum,
your "har gao" look really good.

Peng,
nice plum n raisins muffin.
ideal for coffee/tea break indeed.

Lim,
wow.. great looking chicken pie.
Like Eileen, I also use instant roti prata for pastry puff (lazy me...
blush.gif
)

Ling,
I agreed, "mee sua kueh" look good in a fancy plate.

Eileen,
your work and hubby's paid off in this nice looking cake for your "mil".
like store bought but this is special as made by you and hubby with love.
I am sure your mil will be touched..

This was done previously for a kid.
Trying out the designs.
All buttercream (hand drawn)
Not so good yet it took me so much time..

1395812.jpg

1395813.jpg

1395814.jpg

1395815.jpg

Ling,1-0 & JJ,
Thanks you.

Ling,
really look nicer le with this plate like restaurant style.
he he,i just keep the plate in to my bakeware box.

Pooh, now ur mee sua become restaurant one of famous dishes liao, ha ha

1-0,
Nice cake,tomorr ur MIL must be very happy received Mother day cake decorated by her son & DIL.

Hi Catika

You have green fingers lei...

Just to share with all, all my plants that I grow cannot bare flowers one... Eg. The New Year "mini orange", sorry, forgotten what is the name liao. After the CNY, bare fruits twice then no more liao. In the end throw away.

2nd, our church friend gave us a pot of plant with white flower which he says good for diabetic. When gave to us, got beautifull small white flowers. After a while, no more white flowers liao.

All my plants in the corridors are all PLANT with no Flowers or Fruits one.
sad.gif

Snhn,
we sama sama...whenever i plant..never seem to bloom...and they die off after a while...cannot understand why leh...

JJ, nice cupcakes...i hv yet to start...still veri scare since my failure!!!

snhn... used to be greener leh... but after baby #2... really no time for planted aquariums and potted plants... *sigh*...

luckily can still bake... and getting better? :p :p hahahahah

Hello everyone! so many posting within tis 2 days?
read till blur.... :p

juz finished my month end closing work..... haiz!
now abit "sinang" lar...
happy.gif

tis two days have sleepless nite, 4am still awake, then woke up at 7pm..... very zombie now!

so many "fruits" and yummy food here, very well done every one!

eileen,
very nice cake! those little flower is gum paste tat u bot from jakarta rite?
it's edible, but very hard and taste not very nice hor?
your hubby so sayang u leh.... always help u...
i remembered tat time he oso help u write those chinese character on your pandan kaya cake....

Hurray! finally finished my wilton course#3, little sharing from me:
fondant roses, edible... not hard like gum paste.
1396165.jpg

1396166.jpg

1396167.jpg

1396168.jpg

me & my instructor..... my 2 sleepless nite paid off ! get the cert
happy.gif

everything turn out beautifully on her hands!
she is very talented and knowledgeble in cake decorating.
i "cheat" using my own MMF, NEVER tell her but she confronted me, she is super experience with fondant textures, looks etc.
we all need to prepared the fondant from home, so be it using wilton or non wilton fondant, it's nolonger in the new brand packaging mah.... who can recognize rite?
But really can't bluff her lor...then i told her i dun like wilton fondant mah... taste yucky and smell like card board... hahaha!
1396169.jpg

we only have small group, very bonded and learn lot of things.
more pic for other students' cake are at my blog:
http://myhumblearts.blogspot.com

blessed mom, muffin, cat....
tat's (donuts video) not my leg lar.... so skinny like tat......
mine like elephant one.... hahaha!

fatmum,
u go and caught lobsters? later police catch u how? hahaha!

Jsmum,
ai yoh.... u never tell me earlier?
BIY got very cute cute nice nice Cake Topper wor.
i juz went there tis morning, let me check for u on monday okie?

cat,
baked tis one for u tat time...... but we never meet lor
sad.gif

then now the rice wine residual in the office leh...
1396181.jpg

1396182.jpg

WOW WOW WOW!!! Pink, your roses are so so nice n cakes look yummy.

<font color="aa00aa"><font size="+0">CONGRATS!!!</font></font>
<font color="aa00aa">Finally graduated from your Wilton course liao...effort really paid off</font>

Keep it up and let us enjoy your fruits ya.

Catika,

Thanks for sharing but my girl wants powerpuff girl leh...bo bian. So still searching online...

Pink,

BIY hv powerpuff girls? Do they hv website? Ok, check for me ya, I still hvn't decide to bake cake or cupcakes yet.

pink... tempt me lah... *drools*... the choc blocks looks good... hahahahah... :p

the roses looks too un-edible... so sweet and lovely... how to eat???
happy.gif

jj,
lovely cuppies, i like the bees !
reminded me to "the bee movie"....
happy.gif
the 2nd butterfly oso quite unique... very well done!

u use black coloring for the outline?
Perhaps u can try to use melted dark chocolate, taste better and kids loves it
happy.gif

me very scared to "produce" black color... coz need to add lot's of coloring, tho use the wilton one, still need to put too much ( to me too much lar
happy.gif

that's why i prefer melted dark chocolate.

cat,
u hv green finger leh..... i have FAT finger lor...
my mom very scared when i wanna "touch" her plant..
my mom oso hv green fingers, the roses and dunno wat flowers always bloom beautifully...
next time when i go back to jakarta, i'll go to garden and take some pics....
happy.gif

now if i "makes" her roses mati, then i can replace her with my fondant roses lor... wahahaha! gila oredi !
i only plant pandan leaves, for the sake of baking &amp; cooking... hahaha!

pink, arh? ... u really giving me the rice wine residue that u brewed arh? ... how to use neh? ...

that time u mentioned need glass bottle right... hmm... i bring one tomorrow when i go deliver ur loots? hehehehe... how small/big huh? :p

cat, jsmum,
thks for your kind words....
happy.gif

u both no need to sleep one meh??.... hahaha!

cat,
me only like edible flowers, too tham ciak hor?
dunno why me no talent at all with plant leh.... perhaps time to learn from u liao!

me very zombie liao...... brain dead... can't think le!
nite nite!

cat,
i got glass bottle liao.... me so sayang u rite?
hm... how to use? when u cook, or steam.... can use mah.
if recipe required rice wine or red wine, then u can use it, my residual is quite diff frm others one.... u can even drink like tat.... taste like outside red wine....

wow pink, congrats for grad from the wilton course. Hehehe i was so tempted to attend the course but need to go from W1 - W3 -_-" dun have so much $$$ eh..

Meow... the wine residue is really GOOD!!!! u will look for more after u finish.. :p

Pink congrats!!!! Now u know wat to do liao hor..

Btw don't report me to the mata leh...i will end up bo kang chor....

hammie i went last week too think is saturday. wat time u there? i left ard 9 plus...when the sun is too hot liao! Btw when we were abt to leave that day, we saw a family...so is tat u?

lim, ling, peng, eileen &amp; jj nice work there!!!

Lim
harkao i give up liao!!!! ah lao say mine tasteless!!

Ling
I'm oso very keen with the course but c the fees hor wah.....must wait looong.

cat
BHG got sales now on. Seen from other thread, Pigeon product got offer. U may wan drop by to c if they sell the instant porridge and other snack u can stock up for ur trip.

Ling
The plate is nice. I like. Yes indeed look classy

Pink
congrats woh. You can be very very shifu already now

jj
wow you cupcakes looks so nice and the design so nice too

Lim
Yup the chicken pie looks good. And everyone dun be envy. My sil says later she send over to my house for me ha ha. yummy

Pink Sifu,
Fondant roses look very good. When is the next "C C L"? Must speak in "code". Sorry to bug you, but i wait until neck long long already.

Cat,
No hand-made fondant roses...open the door pluck one or two orchids and put on yr cake also can ma !!!

..soon u will hv a herb garden hor with chilli, indian borage...then cake with chilli hahaha.

Fatmum,
AT first, I also thought poor prawns...u used them to make har kau....hahaha

Eileen,
Nice looking cake....no need to buy from "P" anymore..

JJ,
Cupcakes bees &amp; butterflies so cute..Thanks for yam rice tips.

Lim,
Easier to buy puff pastry than make from scratch hor and chicken pie taste just as good...

Ling,
Wah! yr mee suah kuey presentation now "restaruant" standard..

Ha...ha...keng &amp; all...I dont think i will use the prawn i caught lah...cos ah lao already feed them with super worms.....very the er xin!!! Its my boy collection liao!!!

Anyway this is fun...for sharing so far best spot is upper pierce reservoir...lower pierce lobsters &amp; fish are too smart liao....got a hard time.

keng: hahahaha juz done the last share for mil... later ask hb to bring hm for her... i wan to go hm n see my chilli... hopefully i can pluck some back....

Pink
Congrats!! Your flowers looks very real and yummy!!

Hammie
You interested in the chiffon pans? I bought 3 yesterday, but I realised I already have 3/4 and I forgotten my oven can only put 3! You know lah, buy 1st mentality. hahaha. If you want I can pass you 3. But hor, my maid washed them already and mixed with my old ones(which I used only once). You interested I can pass you when we have the next meet up. If not, I will keep for my next newer and bigger oven.

muffin
if hammie not interested, you may like to check with Joanne. She wanted to get from me but hor I post office says difficult for me to mail to her so maybe she can take over from you

my lunch...
happy.gif

Keng... can see ur mat? hahahaha... today do lunch in the living area... low jap table.

1396819.jpg

my soup... (mistake... soup filled up too full... some 'boiled and spilled out' in oven)

1396821.jpg

my pasta ... tomato sauce, bak chor, crab stick, mushroom n lotsa garlic and onions!

1396820.jpg

Back