Csec at Mt.E Novena - want to know more

Mayochuu

Hi mummies!

I will like to know from those who had had c-sec at Mt. E Novena whether the husband can be with you throughout the whole process (including stitching up) if I have opted for spinal instead of GA?

I read from reviews (gosh, they are hard to find) online that it is possible, we just have to speak with the team and let them know before heading in for operating but my gynae's nurses was telling me otherwise.

My decision in having spinal was made based much on the husband being able to be with me throughout, if not I would have chosen GA, my elective c-sec is on the 11th April, can I still change anything at this point?

I am not sure MT E novena, but mine was at TMC. But I think most hospitals will allow spouse to be inside with u? Unless its GA, then no one is allowed.

I was on epidural and my hubby was with me throughout the whole procedure (lasted about 10 mins only).

My gyane stitched me up while we were busy posing for pics with our baby :D I didnt feel a thing at all!

I would suggest for epi/spinal, atleast u can see baby the sec he's born. If GA, you will prob wake up after 2 hours or so only.

Last edited:
I am not sure MT E novena, but mine was at TMC. But I think most hospitals will allow spouse to be inside with u? Unless its GA, then no one is allowed.

I was on epidural and my hubby was with me throughout the whole procedure (lasted about 10 mins only).

My gyane stitched me up while we were busy posing for pics with our baby :D I didnt feel a thing at all!

I would suggest for epi/spinal, atleast u can see baby the sec he's born. If GA, you will prob wake up after 2 hours or so only.

Hi Naeema,

Thanks for the reply! I never thought the stitching part is so fast too! I will surely consider spinal before GA in that case! ;)

hi, just did my maternity tour with mt e novena last saturday. the host did mentioned if c-sec with spinal, husband can accompany thruout.
you can arrange a tour and ask them these questions. :)

hi, just did my maternity tour with mt e novena last saturday. the host did mentioned if c-sec with spinal, husband can accompany thruout.
you can arrange a tour and ask them these questions. :)

Hi Sherlly,

Thanks for your reply! :)

I've done my maternity tour with them last December, I remember them saying that too but my gynae's nurses are so certain that once the baby is out the husband has to follow the baby for check up. So I became a little worried :p I want my husband to be with me even for the stitching part hahaha!

Back