Confinement nanny

I wish to share my bad confinement experience that i had this CL called Bency from Kluang (Johor) and she is definitely not worth recommending and i regretted to hire her as my CL. In terms of confinement experience she's just average, cooking is bad, almost every day are repeating the dishes and the vegetables can be not well cooked. She's slow and lazy worker, she tried to take some short-cuts such as making 1 big pot of food to be used in a few meals over 1 - 2 days or more(overnight food).

My baby was had very serious rashes on face during his 10 days old and she don’t know how to handle; I had to ask help from other experience mothers. Sometimes she doesn’t willing to calm my baby to sleep and feed my baby; she would handover to me and herself relaxing on bed. We requested her to wipe off the milk stain on baby mouth with cotton every time after feed and she are refuse to do so and claiming it’s troublesome.

She does basic sweeping, mopping once a week. However, when she left I found the kitchen is so messy and dirty. She even always dropped hints that previous employers had given her big ang bao, and lots free time to watch drama and so and so, and I bet it’s not truth. And her attitude is really sucks, always criticizing you when you learn how to taking care of baby.

Sigh, I was wish could send her back before her assignment's up but unfortunately counts find any replacement. Finally, its past….Hope you guys can find a good CL!

Hi, anyone tried confinement nanny from thomson parent craft centre? Can share experience and any nanny to recommend? Thanks a million.

I engaged Confinement Angels, they are accredited by Thomson Parentcraft.
I am appreciative to have their confinement nanny Wendy, gentle, soft spoken, patience and kind.
Very professional in terms of baby care. She not only pay attention to detail, but also understands our feelings
of me trying my best to breastfeed and encourages me.
She is proactive and considerate and plans well.
We loves her food, diverse, nutritional and tasty. In general, we like her.
If I am pregnant again, I would definitely want Wendy to be our confinement nanny again!

Their website www.confinementangels.com.sg

Hello,

I am dropping a post here because my confinement lady is so good that i hope she can get more clients in Singapore and more mothers are able to enjoy her quality services.

I am a PR in Singapore and my confinement lady was recommended by my eldest sister who hired her before. She highly recommended me to hire her and helped me to reserve her at my first month of pregnancy. ( She is very popular in my hometown, Batu Pahat and she normally been booked for the next 6 to 7 months, but she is currently want to look more clients in Singapore)

Why i recommend her :
1) She was a nurse before working in an gynaecology medical centre in Johor, so she is very knowledgeable in pregnancy and baby info ( this is one of the most appealing part that attract me to hire her when my sis told me)

1. Very experience ( work as confinement lady for more than 8 years)
  2. Very good in prepare confinement food ( simple, clean and yummy)
  3. Very helpful and do extra mile for example cook for my husband and help to do some house chore
  4. Experienced in take care baby and she is very caring and patient

You can whatsapp me 90080920 for her contact.Thanks

Hello,

I am dropping a post here because my confinement lady is so good that i hope she can get more clients in Singapore and more mothers are able to enjoy her quality services.

I am a PR in Singapore and my confinement lady was recommended by my eldest sister who hired her before. She highly recommended me to hire her and helped me to reserve her at my first month of pregnancy. ( She is very popular in my hometown, Batu Pahat and she normally been booked for the next 6 to 7 months, but she is currently want to look more clients in Singapore)

Why i recommend her :
1) She was a nurse before working in an gynaecology medical centre in Johor, so she is very knowledgeable in pregnancy and baby info ( this is one of the most appealing part that attract me to hire her when my sis told me)

3. Very helpful and do extra mile for example cook for my husband and help to do some house chore

Hi kevytan,

Just saw your post. Thanks for sharing! Will whatsapp you for contact.

Hello,

Why i recommend her :

hi, is she available in mid march 2017? Thanks,

Hi Mummys,, my mum have 15 years experience 60 years old chinese lady, if you interest please call or interview is welcome Mdm Lee Tel: 87990713 Thanks...

Hi all. I want to introduce CL. She is 58 years. She is from batam indonesian. Can speak mandarin and hokkien. Not a traditional style. Very clean. Usually she quoted $2300. Call her whatsapp +6285264414668 aunty Gim Hua

I am recommending my confinement nanny who is still with me and ending her assignment with me next week. I extended her as she is really good. She has 8 years of experience in doing confinement and she always get herself updated with new knowledge of baby care with every assignment she has been thru. She is very receptive to my request and opinion and very supportive of me giving breast milk to my baby.

I get disappointed quite a lot of times when my milk flow is low and many times I want to give up when my baby doesn't want to drink my milk during confinement. I appreciate her encouragement during this period and now my baby is over full month I am able to latch on and able to pump out milk for my baby.

Everytime she cooks she will ask whether her dishes is to our liking.

She really give me a peace of mind to rest and let me eat well too.

Now I am out of my confinement period I am energise and healthy and my baby is healthy and chubby too.

So I wish to recommend my confinement nanny to those looking for one.

You can give her a call at M'Sia Hp: +60167769178 or S'pore Hp: 9390 7743

You can address her as auntie Bi Juan and let her know you are recommended by me. She address me as 陈太

Her schedule is normally very frequent, so if you want her must book her early.

You can also request face to face interview before you engage her.

Good luck to all those sourcing for confinement nanny :)

Hi, may I ask how much BiJuan charge and does she cook for your family(hubby) too? Thx.

Last edited:
Hi mummy need confinement nanny i can introduce to you n cl work permit can help you to be done no worries. If you want to know more let me know i can give you details.thankz

Hi,

My CL is with me now.
So far, she is very responsible, honest and experienced.
She has been in this profession for 20 yrs.

At night, I can sleep in peace, only getting up to pump milk.

I got her contact through online recommend too. Lucky she turns up good. I have read bad reviews.
I extended her service for two more weeks as I want more rest n time to revise exam with older kids :)

Her HP is 9 149 1959
+60 13 935 9336

Wish you happy confinement!

Hihi Jas Jas, oh yar gfi is more for christian n it is organized by fcbc..however the feeding method they advice is called parent direct feed u can google abt it where tmc i sign up but havent start the class i will attend the one by wong bb heard that she is realli good.. my sil attended as she is giving birth in may commented quite good..is this ur first child? If it is first time, tmc one should be useful.

Hi ladies, i just wanna share a contact of a good confinement lady. Her name is Sai Rong Jie, currently i'm under her care for 3 weeks already. She is cheerful and very caring, i like the way she handle my newborn, very gentle and she likes to talk and sing to her. My elder son is having bad cough and very cranky, she also shows her care and helped to cook some coughing remedy for my cranky son, and even offered to carry him around, so that i can have enough rest! She can cook nice homecook food, and helped us on basic housechores such as sweeping and mopping, wash all dishes (even my elder son's milk bottles) and wash all the clothes for the whole family. But most importantly, is her cheerful attitude which full of care that matters!

Sai Rong Jie - +6013 6406332

Hi All, just did my confinement and I like to recommend my confinement auntie from Malaysia. She's very good with taking care of babies, easy going and cooks some really good chinese and tcm dishes. Her fried kway tiao, fried rice, ee mien, sweet sour pork ribs and salty sweet chicken are all very delicious! You can request for her to cook these for you :) She's very experienced (10 years), pro-breastfeeding, knows how to massage for engorged breasts and relatively young (50s) hence more energetic. She will provide advice to you but don't force it if you have your own thoughts - Example: my baby had jaundice and the level hovered around 12-13 for 2-3 weeks so every week i had to bring baby to hospital to monitor his jaundice level. Auntie recommended to bottle feed/formula so that jaundice level would drop quickly but i insisted on latching for the 1st month. She was still v supportive :) I know some CL who insists that you go for bottle feed...

As my mum comes over to my place everyday, she also cooks for her and that was very nice of her!

For mummies who intend to do full-time latching for first month, you can safely let her take care of your baby at night and she would bring baby over to you for latching when baby needs so that you can catch a good night rest :)

Her charge is $100/day so $2800 for 28 days. You can Whatsapp or Wechat Auntie Evon @ +60 163308664 (Malaysia) or [URL='https://singaporemotherhood.com/forum/tel:8435 9873']8435 9873(Singapore)[/URL]. From what i know, she's packed till Oct 2017 so contact her if you're interested! I posted this cause I don't seem to find post about her (her clients now are via verbal intro). Hope you will have a chance to do your confinement with her!

Last edited:
Mummies and daddies, please think twice for this confinment nanny (CN), Su Lan from Penang (SG number is XXXX 6937) if you want to hire her.

1) Upfront laid down my expectations for her to cook well for my wife and nourish her for the 1 month and she said no problem. All mommies tend to be very hungry when they just delivered especially when they need to BF the baby. In the end, she woke up late every morning around 9am and my wife only get to eat her breakfast at 10am. Complained hungry to me a few times. Later, my Mother in law took over to prepare breakfast for my Wife. My wife questioned her if she treat the same way with other mummies and she told her that the mummy usually wake up late n she only cook brunch or if hungry, drink Milo and biscuit. Come on, my wife has to BF the baby so how could she only has 2 meals a day!

2) The CN claim to eat simple food like porridge as she has no appetite when she is busy attending to the newborn and my wife. Wow, she turn out to be a big eater. My mum cook lunch and dinner for the family including CN and she can complain that the dishes are not tasty. Worst still, she can search my cabinets for food and just ate it without asking. Sometimes, she can prepare snacks in between meals. And when I came home late for dinner, she has the nerve to ask my mum if she needs to keep the fish for me (as she like fish) knowing that I am coming home for dinner.

3) She also prepares her food very hastily. My mum told her to wash the veges throughly and boil the Mee Sua in hot water before cooking it as the Mee Sua is quite salty. And she can stare at my mum in a stern look.

I thought I can find a experienced CN to take care of my wife and newborn since I have a helper at home to take care of washing but turns out the CN is just cooking that 2 meals for the day and at least she take care of the newborn.

My rating of her is 5/10. For your consideration.

After my trauma with the first CL, I hired a replacement CL from Aunt Nanny Pte Ltd.
She's Mdm Yap from KL

Here is my experience & review.

Personality:
Pleasant but quite stubborn
Not talkative (very important bcos you need to rest)
Takes instructions but you need to repeatedly highlight the importance (as she is very set in her ways)
Respect your privacy and doesnt ask too many questions.
Enjoys watching her mini ipad movies and turns on the volume really loud.

** She's not pro-bf (do take note if u plan to bf ur bb), like many CLs, she will insists on feeding formula milk even though I already said I want to bottle feed ebm to my bb. (Had highlighted this point to Aunt Nanny Pte Ltd that bf is very impt to me and the CL must respect my wish. They said will tell the nanny but turns out Nanny complaint to my husband that Mummy is very stubborn. I only know of this recently when my hubby told me just only as he dint want me to quarrel with the nanny during her stay with us). I am very disappointed with the agency.

Review about baby handling:
She is genuine & cares about babies. She loves babies & likes to interact/talk to them
Very experience in taking care of baby. ie bathing, changing, feeding
Quite stubborn about nappy change. My bb suffered from very bad nanny rash bcos she refused to change his nappy frequently.

Review about cooking/household mgt:
Very knowledgable about confinement food.
Prepares tasty & yummy food (sorry i dont have any pic)
Keeps my kitchen very clean.
Diligent in helping out with chores whenever I ask her to (it's not part of her job though)

Enjoy your pregnancy, i realised it's very important to hire someone who you can get along cos she has to stay with you for 1 month!

cheers
Hi, can you please share her contact details with me? Thank you.

i would strongly recommend my CL for my #2 wen wen her number is +6011 10895429 shes at her 40s very kind and soft spoken lady.you really need someone who r down to earth,soft spoken,and accommodating during ur confinement as i have a over whelming nanny for my #1 shes so bossy,give us wrong info and made mistake without saying sorry and she always want me to buy things for her convenience and at times she talk too much and over friendly with our friends too.shes is rather popular coz she will help mummies to pump out their milk and now i realized she did it all wrong so i was unable to breast feed for my #1.i been through hell the first time and i m glad that i found wen wen to be as my CL for my 2nd delivery.

do whatsapp or LINE her preferbably if u could write in Chinese.If shes in singapore u may be able to call her at 86279169
Thank you @xbabymoon for recommending CL -Wen Wen Jie.
I just finished my confinement with her, wanted to extend her but she already booked for Jan, instead me getting her to come back in Mar

Mummies and daddies, please think twice for this confinment nanny (CN), Su Lan from Penang (SG number is XXXX 6937) if you want to hire her.

1) Upfront laid down my expectations for her to cook well for my wife and nourish her for the 1 month and she said no problem. All mommies tend to be very hungry when they just delivered especially when they need to BF the baby. In the end, she woke up late every morning around 9am and my wife only get to eat her breakfast at 10am. Complained hungry to me a few times. Later, my Mother in law took over to prepare breakfast for my Wife. My wife questioned her if she treat the same way with other mummies and she told her that the mummy usually wake up late n she only cook brunch or if hungry, drink Milo and biscuit. Come on, my wife has to BF the baby so how could she only has 2 meals a day!

2) The CN claim to eat simple food like porridge as she has no appetite when she is busy attending to the newborn and my wife. Wow, she turn out to be a big eater. My mum cook lunch and dinner for the family including CN and she can complain that the dishes are not tasty. Worst still, she can search my cabinets for food and just ate it without asking. Sometimes, she can prepare snacks in between meals. And when I came home late for dinner, she has the nerve to ask my mum if she needs to keep the fish for me (as she like fish) knowing that I am coming home for dinner.

3) She also prepares her food very hastily. My mum told her to wash the veges throughly and boil the Mee Sua in hot water before cooking it as the Mee Sua is quite salty. And she can stare at my mum in a stern look.

I thought I can find a experienced CN to take care of my wife and newborn since I have a helper at home to take care of washing but turns out the CN is just cooking that 2 meals for the day and at least she take care of the newborn.

I had the same experience too. Horrible confinement lady. Should have read your post earlier. Hiring her was one of my major regrets as it led to a very stressful start to motherhood

Hey Art Nice timing things. I couldnt do that if my life depended on it. I would love to have heard you sing on this. If you really feel you couldnt you could add a little sample thingy in there sparsely just to have a vocal bit. You could even record it yourself. Still, very cool piece as it is.

Susan



May I know if it is possible to have half day confinement lady? Just cook 2 meals and bathe the baby and light housework only.

Back