Confinement nanny

charis3388

1 Jul 2013
This is the second time that we are engaging Aunty Mary and she is just as good as we remember her to be. Apart from being able to cook well and being good with the baby, she also helped massaged my baby. My baby was born slightly premature but Aunty Mary did such a good job of caring for her that you would not even realise now. My older child who was looked after by her when he was a newborn, is also especially close to her. I guess babies and children are able to sense when someone truly cares for them.
My email: [email protected]
Aunty Mary blog: marychengny.blogspot.com
Aunty Mary H/P no.: +60108847 576, 8300 8215

I've been reading about other mommies sharing their confinement experience and I felt compelled to do the same so that new mommies out there researching on confinement services would have a better sense of how some CLs are like.

I had this CL called Feng Jie from Segamat last year but she is definitely not worth recommending and i regretted giving her contact to my friend. In terms of confinement experience she's just ok, cooking is average, does basic sweeping, mopping on alternate days, handling of baby is ok except that at some nights when she really couldn't calm my baby to sleep, she would handover to me to settle. However there were many other instances that this CL went overboard.

Confinement duties - She's rather fast worker but she tried to take some short-cuts such as making 1 big pot of soup to be used in a few meals over 1 - 2 days (i.e you get overnight soup)

The main complain abt her is her work ethics.
1. Talk on phone frequently and my friend feedback that she yak on phone every night during her confinement. I find that her hp ringtone is super loud too.
2. During my confinement, she watched 2+ hrs TV during some morn/aftns cos there’s not much chores for her to do.
3. Deployed cunning sales tactics by providing ‘value-add’ services in order to peddle her own 'stuff'. She bought 2 packs of bee hoon from Malaysia as 'welcome gift', claiming that some families may forget to buy food supplies on first day of confinement. After that she peddled white rice wine at S$30 per bottle (bottled in a <800ml yoghurt bottle) to us before coming over. Told her my MIL would make glutinous rice wine for me but yet she ‘innocently’ claimed that my MIL had ordered 2 bottles of glutinous rice wine from her on the phone. MIL said that we had no choice but to buy from her since she had brought them.
4. used confinement time to do own stuff. she shopped for CNY clothes on first trip to market with MIL. Requested MIL to help her buy salmon and sea cucumber. Later requested husband to help her change currency. Also wanted to buy the hsehold items she saw in our house and wanted us to buy it for her. Once i allowed her to go out to shop, she spent 3 mornings on that. Even dropped hints that previous employers had given her some of the products or foodstuff which they had bought.
At my friend's confinement, she requested to be brought to Pearl Centre to buy clothes when my friend stay in Simei!

5. My friend said she asked for taxi fare for departure when she should already have her 'departure' ang bao. During my time, she was thick-skinned enough to request that the ‘Thank You (Departure) ang bao amt must be enough to buy a set of clothes and to pester my MIL to drive her to Woodlands train station on last day to save on her taxi fare.

Sigh, I understand that some mommies are lucky to find good CLs, although mine did her job but her funny requests really irritated me and my family and I could understand why she was sent back by two other families before her assignment's up.

Hi All I have a good and reliable confinement to introduce u may contact her at +60 14 9456288 her name xiu Fang

to all mums,

i wanna recommend my confinement lady auntie ah Kee if you are looking for a good reliable and trustworthy confinement lady.

Im still doing confinement now so if you wanna speak to her u may call her singapore number.84395879

I even extended her till mid august to help me.
Im not advertising for her. i jus find her V nice and wishes that she gets more jobs.
auntie Ah kee say as long as work happy, everyone happy can liao.

Pros:
1. Super clean, Baths and change of clothes after every cooking
2. Starts her day early ard 7
3. Very systematic. she bathes baby every morning are 9am and cleans her again in the evening ard 6pm.
4. prepares my water for shower every evening and after i shower she'll always ensure i have warm chicken essence/ birds nest.
5.easily awakes for night feeds and i can leave my baby in her good hands.
6. not lazy. evening if she has time for rest during noon she will only rest awhile then start to find things to do.
7.easy going. doesnt mind cooking for the family. she can eat left overs from us and she doesnt mind
8. always ensure im not hungry and my portion of food is always quite a huge serving. whereas, herself, she eats simple veg w rice or leftovers
9. doesnt mind sleeping in the living room as we have no rooms for her.
10.always makes HOT towel for me before BF and ensure i have my longan drink during BF and very encouraging when i dun have enuf milk

cons:
food has not much variation. however i dun mind as the food she cooks is tasty enuf.

Please email me if u need verification.
[email protected]

Dear all

I am looking for a vegetarian confinement nanny. Due on 24 Jan 2014 but most probably need her earlier.

My first one was delivered earlier by 2 days from EDD, and 2nd premature by 5 days. This is my 3rd pregnancy.

Thanks.

My mother-in-law and her group of friends are very experiences nanny from Malaysia. Do contact me if I can help at [email protected] or text me at 81896930. My name is Julia and might not be able to anwser call during office hours. Thank you.

to all mums,

i wanna recommend my confinement lady auntie ah Kee if you are looking for a good reliable and trustworthy confinement lady.

Im still doing confinement now so if you wanna speak to her u may call her singapore number.84395879

I even extended her till mid august to help me.
Im not advertising for her. i jus find her V nice and wishes that she gets more jobs since I cant afford to pay her more.
auntie Ah kee say as long as work happy, everyone happy can liao.

Pros:
1. Super clean, Baths and change of clothes after every cooking
2. Starts her day early ard 7. sleeps ard 10 or 11 depending on last feed of baby.
3. Very systematic. she bathes baby every morning are 9am and cleans her again in the evening ard 6pm.
4. prepares my water for shower every evening and after i shower she'll always ensure i have warm chicken essence/ birds nest.
5.easily awakes for night feeds and i can leave my baby in her good hands.
6. not lazy. evening if she has time for rest during noon she will only rest awhile then start to find things to do.
7.easy going. doesnt mind cooking for the family. she can eat left overs from us and she doesnt mind. Cleans and wipes kitchen after cooking too
8. always ensure im not hungry and my portion of food is always quite a huge serving. whereas, herself, she eats simple veg w rice or leftovers
9. doesnt mind sleeping in the living room as we have no rooms for her.
10.always makes HOT towel for me before BF and ensure i have my longan drink during BF and very encouraging when i dun have enuf milk

most importantly shes easy going, so whatever style i wan she will try to accomodate to me.

cons:
food has not much variation. however i dun mind as the food she cooks is tasty enuf. and i wanna lose my pregnancy weight..haha
eg. Bak guk teh, pork w black fungus, pork loin soup, papaya fish head soup, cook chicken essence soup, Ma You chicken.
depending on what ingredients you buy back and what you wanna eat..

Please email me if u need verification.
[email protected]

Hi All,

I would like to recommend my confinement nanny Ai Li 姐 from Seremban. Her contact is +60 16 904 2981

She is a good cook (Chinese food with lots of vaiety and western food like chicken chop and pork chop) and takes good care of both Mother and Baby.
She does not take afternoon naps as she believes that Mother should have plenty of rest.

Do email me at [email protected] if you require her contact and more information.

Last edited:
hi mummies,

on my previous post on auntie ah kee, jus to keep all of you updated.

She has left for home after a week of extension.
and now reality has kicked in..im waking up everynight midnight 3am and 6am to feed my girl.
im not complaining but i do miss auntie ah kee.
she has yet become our family member. even my maid and mum misses her too.

Shes so thoughtful ful that she even calls the next day after she left for home to check if we are managing the baby ok. if i am eating well and highlight to us again the baby's sleeping patterns

for such a nice auntie, im writing this post jus in hope that she gets more jobs since i cant afford to pay her more.
she mention shes avail next year except JAN so mummies please call her to check.
heres her malaysia +60167009038

or email me [email protected] for verification

Hello all, I have contacted Aunty Mary for my confinement for next year.

We willing to pay her S$2500 but she only cares for mummy and baby. I requested to cook food and wash clothes for my hubby and mil she said need additional charge but never mentioned how much.

Furthermore she requested for a single bed for the 28days, our house only have mattress (on the floor type). She said her leg pain cannot sleep on the floor mattress, she even asked if my mil can sleep on the floor mattress for the confinement days while she can sleep on my mil’s bed, which is impossible lor.

We are not willing to buy a new single bed and after much consideration we engaged another confinement lady who is willing to cook/wash for my hubby+mil and sleep on the floor mattress with total charge S$2500.

Jus a notification from me too... Dont engage a CL name Ang Gun Pan contact no +60169813385.
She took my deposit of S$300 and when I delieved, she gave us many excuses and end up flying kite. So we end up doing confinement ourselves...

I'll like to recommend my CL who is currently working for me. Her name is Meiqing. Really thanks to her for taking care of the house and everything, including my 3 year old who just had a week of stomach flu, and she helped to wash her poo like 10 times a day, not to mention having to clean the baby's poo as well, bathe my older kid, cook for entire family n clean up house whenever she is free....I keep telling her to rest too cos I dun want her to fall sick. Anyone interested to hire her can call her directly at 60167333008.
Her Singapore contact is 82657476. You may tell her recommended by Coco.

I'm writing this cos I had a bad confinement experience with the one recommended by agency. It's better to interview your own.

Last edited:
hi mummies,

on my previous post on auntie ah kee, jus to keep all of you updated.

She has left for home after a week of extension.
and now reality has kicked in..im waking up everynight midnight 3am and 6am to feed my girl.
im not complaining but i do miss auntie ah kee.
she has yet become our family member. even my maid and mum misses her too.

Shes so thoughtful ful that she even calls the next day after she left for home to check if we are managing the baby ok. if i am eating well and highlight to us again the baby's sleeping patterns

for such a nice auntie, im writing this post jus in hope that she gets more jobs since i cant afford to pay her more.
she mention shes avail next year except JAN so mummies please call her to check.
heres her malaysia +60167009038

or email me [email protected] for verification

Hihi,

May I know how much her pay?

Hi all.. my EDD is march 2014. Looking for good and responsible confinement lady.
Any recommendation from mummies.

I'll like to recommend my CL who is currently working for me. Her name is Meiqing. Really thanks to her for taking care of the house and everything, including my 3 year old who just had a week of stomach flu, and she helped to wash her poo like 10 times a day, not to mention having to clean the baby's poo as well, bathe my older kid, cook for entire family n clean up house whenever she is free....I keep telling her to rest too cos I dun want her to fall sick. Anyone interested to hire cld either email me for her contact or SMS me at 83188877.

I'm writing this cos I had a bad confinement experience with the one recommended by agency. It's better to interview your own.

Hihi, may I know how much she charged?

Hi, my mum mdm tan is doing confinement and have more than 6year exeprience, she is flexible can do day or full day. If u r interested, pls sms or call me at 98801042

Hi, my mum mdm tan is doing confinement, she is flexible can do day or full day, if u r interested or query, can sms or call me @ 98801042

Hi, just to share.

I paid a deposit of $300 to a CL name-Anna Wong who later called me a week later to claim that she want nothing to do with my 8years old and that she would recommend someone else to take my job. I therefore rejected her offer feeling that she is not genuine. Prior to this, I brought my girl to meet her and eventually she didn't return my deposit despite saying she will return me partially.

Although I was skeptical about looking for another reliable CL (due in 3 months at that time), I knew I needed the help because I've no helper and I've another 8years old girl and my birth was a planned C-section.
By words of mouth, I gotten the contact number of my recent CL. The one reason she was recommended to me is because she is a very hardworking person.

I contacted her and she came to my place for a meet up. We discussed what to prepare (food and herbs) before the birth.

She is in her mid 40s and she keep fit when she is not on consignment. I hardly ever hear my baby cried in the night course she always wakes before the baby 'scream' for her feed.

She stayed with us for 11 weeks and my 8 years old cried badly the day she left. I gave birth in early June and she left us 2 weeks ago.

She is not attached to any agent and therefore accept confinement job solely through recommendation.

Frankly, I can't see any bad points (besides being thankful) in her even after 11weeks. Basically, she does what a CL would do (or sometimes more). My baby was well taken care of and the day
she left, she ensure everything is back in place and she even took the effort to clean the whole kitchen.

I guess at the end of the day, communications and considerations for each other plays an important part for a smooth sailing confinement journey.

Please PM me if you are keen to have her contact. Please note that I do not receive any commission from recommending, I only wanted to share my experience with other Mum to be.

I think some posts here aren't genuine. They looks like they are the cl themselves yet posting like they have hired them. Seems hard to trust these posts....tough to find gd reliable and genuine cl.

rtan, I feel the same way too when I was hunting for a suitable CL last year, I read thru EVERY postings here abt CL and had my doubts so i interviewed those CL personally b4 i decide who to engage...

I have a good CL to introduce too, her name is Siew Ling (秀玲姐). Currently she is doing my 2nd confinement for me.
She is very hardworking since the first day she came. She helps with all the housework, cleans up the kitchen after cooking. She also checks with u what type of food u prefer (but of cos.. not for the fussy as she can cook many types of nice confinement food). If u can eat everything she cook that will be better and she ensures that all food has to be fresh. She will also make sure all her work are completed before resting.

This time round, she also helps to take care of my active toddler on top of her usual chores and taking care of baby. My toddler is learning to potty train and I need her to help me bathe my toddler daily after her childcare. She even helps me pack my house daily after my toddler mess up her toys every night. These are some chores that not all confinement ladies are willing to help.
At night, she will ensure that u will rest well and she will fully take care of the baby. If u are pro-BF, she will oso help to wake u up to feed the baby.
I had extended her to 40 days this time. She is also willing to guide and teach you on how to look after your baby.

You can contact her at (tell her recommended by Xinyi via web):
SG line: 81195431 (contactable when she is working in SG)
MY line: 013-7067061 / 012-7609538

You may also PM me if you have doubts about what I had posted here it will take some time for me to reply as I do not check my mailbox daily. :)

scenty

How u interview each of them? I am lucky my friend recommend me 1. Call her but she could not take up the assignment as she's engage with one tat end date pretty close to her next assignment. Quite risky and cannot extend if she's good. So she recommend me her friend who is able to take our assignment.

Btw do u apply work permit for them?

Hi all,

Anyone got good confinement ladies to recommend, d be good if any moms here use before? I have booked my friend's CL in July but she last min in Sept fly me aero plane, I read e forums and read a lot of very scary experiences.... so wanna anyone got good CL to refer?

My EDD is on 4 Feb 2014.

Thank you in advance

Hi all,

Anyone got good confinement ladies to recommend, d be good if any moms here use before? I have booked my friend's CL in July but she last min in Sept fly me aero plane, I read e forums and read a lot of very scary experiences.... so wanna anyone got good CL to refer?

My EDD is on 4 Feb 2014.

Thank you in advance

Hi there, my ex-confinement nanny was good! She's from Malaysia and I hired her for both my son and daughter. Her name is Rita and number +60105473168 (She is english speaking and cooks very tasty and healthy confinement food). Can Sms her for inquires, she can reply.

My ex-confinement lady was good! She's from Malaysia and I hired her for both my son and daughter. Her name is Rita and number +60105473168 (She is english speaking and cooks very tasty and healthy confinement food). Can Sms her for inquires, she can reply.

Hi Mummies,

You may contact Mdm Yu Qing if you are looking for a confinement lady.
She cooks fast and can prepare good confinement foods.
She take care/ comfort baby well, helping in basic housework such as clean kirchen after cook, sweep/ mop floor.
She speak Mandarin & Hokkien.

You may contact: 8198 9088 for further enquiries.

Last edited:
Some posts do in fact sound quite fishy.. I'm a little taken aback at how some moms have been so impressed by CLs that they can post the same message in several forum threads about how good the CLs are.

Am looking for a CL for job assignment in early January 2014. Thought I was lucky to secure a CL in March through this forum's recommendation but that CL fly me aeroplane barely 2 months from my due date (her name is joanne +60149871505/91034786). Any mummies who knew their CLs who are available please post. Thanks!

Last edited:
Hihi,

Would like to recommend our confinement lady who is serving us now. Her name is Auntie Yuhua who is from Seremban, Negri Sembilan who has 9 years of experience.

Auntie Yuhua was a recommendation by our friend - she makes excellent confinement dishes, as well as non-confinement ones. She really is a great cook, as well as attentive to details.

Apart from taking care of the baby and dishes, she does washing of laundry daily, cleaning up the kitchen, sweeping and mopping of floors and toilets as well, since we do not have a maid. Most importantly, she treats and cares for our baby well. Basically she doesn't take too many breaks and works hard.

She is available now for later half of Dec and 2013.

If interested, do give her a call at the following:

Auntie Yuhua
+60 12 923 4220 (Malaysian Hp - always available)
91562925 (Singapore pre-paid contact valid till end Dec 2012)

Thanks!

Hi my confinement nanny called Auntie Zhen_ng is very hardworking and caring. She is booked till March next year . She is so good with infants she even uses the potty when letting my baby pass motion, so as not to dirty the baby's bottom. She uses water and tissue to wipe the bottom and no nappy rash at all, also save on wet wipes. More than 6 years experienced and very caring and helpful. She speaks mandarin mainly. If interested, you may email me and I will send you her number.
[email protected]

I like to recommend my confinement auntie, Ai Wen.

She is very experience, hardworking and take good care of my baby girl and me. She gets along with my in laws too.

If you are interested, do contact her at 96109217.

Hi, becos too many mummies have been asking me for my CL contact, I've edited my earlier post and stated my CL contact as above. Good luck to all the mummies finding CL.

Here are more comments about my CL Meiqing. (When I posted earlier, I was still in confinement) I shd say after spending 28 days with her, she is consistent with her working attitude, not just being nice for the first few days, she really loves my baby and my 3 year old, caring for her like her own grandkids, bathing, feeding, washing my girl's poop...etc, even small details like cutting fruits into small pieces for her..etc, however, I find that she is spoiling my baby, by carrying him too much rocking too much, so I didnt like it and I told her to just let him cry and leave him in the cot....if not after she leaves I will hv a hard time taking care of a spoilt baby who always wanted to be carried.

Hi, anyone knows what is the market rate for confinement lady from Indonesia? Any difference if looking after twins?

Hi Mummies,
i've found my CL through this forum, and thought i'll send my review here too:) Her name is Auntie Siew Zhen, and she's been with me for 3 weeks:) Shes been a really really great help!!!!!!
I have also extended her as she's soo nice. She's been cooking very yummy food for me & family daily, and we super love her dishes! She's so helpful in family chores too, and my mom was so impressed.
She is really patient with my baby too, even though my baby takes 1 hr to drink each feed, she still patiently insist to make sure my baby finish her feed.
As a first time mummy, i'm really lost even with the equipments like pumps, steralize equipments and baby items. She was the one who taught me how to use them!
I have a dog at home too, and she love my dog so much, my dog sticks to her like magnet daily...
I'm so gona miss her!
She's booked till April next year..mummies who wish to book her later can call her at

Hi zdubib,

The market rate for Indo CL is not much difference from rest of CLs, depending on experience, duration of period and if there is any festive seasons.
My best friend has engaged 1 Indo Chinese CL which I highly recommend. She does cooking, baby night care and housework chores. Her charges are reasonable, averaging $2500 to $3000 (depending on festival seasons). She is well experienced in looking after mummy and child and have worked in Singapore a few times, though mainly in Indonesia. So far, my best friend has no complains as she can perform all my friend required.

As for price if looking after twins, I personally feel that the charges would be higher since its required to look after 2 babies instead of one. I'm not sure of actual rate.

If you are interested in the CL which I mentioned here, you could drop me an email at [email protected] and I will give you contact.

Hi Mummies,
i've found my CL through this forum, and thought i'll send my review here too:) Her name is Auntie Siew Zhen, and she's been with me for 3 weeks:) Shes been a really really great help!!!!!!
I have also extended her as she's soo nice. She's been cooking very yummy food for me & family daily, and we super love her dishes! She's so helpful in family chores too, and my mom was so impressed.
She is really patient with my baby too, even though my baby takes 1 hr to drink each feed, she still patiently insist to make sure my baby finish her feed.
As a first time mummy, i'm really lost even with the equipments like pumps, steralize equipments and baby items. She was the one who taught me how to use them!
I have a dog at home too, and she love my dog so much, my dog sticks to her like magnet daily...
I'm so gona miss her!
She's booked till April next year..mummies who wish to book her later can call her at

i called aunty siewzhen so sad she n her sister is fully booked til july liao.

she recm me her fren called xiao jie. but over conversation i dun feel that cos i ask her whether she do what siew zhen do for hse wrk. she say generally the same. but she ask me got maid?.

haha so she's wif u now?

hw u i
rtan, I feel the same way too when I was hunting for a suitable CL last year, I read thru EVERY postings here abt CL and had my doubts so i interviewed those CL personally b4 i decide who to engage...

hi hw u interview her? i mean thy r in msia. if in spore means wrking. thru phone interview?

Hihi,

Would like to recommend our confinement lady who is serving us now. Her name is Auntie Yuhua who is from Seremban, Negri Sembilan who has 9 years of experience.

Auntie Yuhua was a recommendation by our friend - she makes excellent confinement dishes, as well as non-confinement ones. She really is a great cook, as well as attentive to details.

Apart from taking care of the baby and dishes, she does washing of laundry daily, cleaning up the kitchen, sweeping and mopping of floors and toilets as well, since we do not have a maid. Most importantly, she treats and cares for our baby well. Basically she doesn't take too many breaks and works hard.

She is available now for later half of Dec and 2013.

If interested, do give her a call at the following:

Auntie Yuhua
+60 12 923 4220 (Malaysian Hp - always available)
91562925 (Singapore pre-paid contact valid till end Dec 2012)

Thanks!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi Yenyee,

Your post in Mid Oct made me very worried (said she's available in Dec). Earlier in May13, I had already hired Yuhua to do confinement for me in Dec13 and I had even met her and gave her deposit.
Glad I called her yesterday and managed to clear the confusion.

Ladies - Yuhua is booked for Dec13 (by me) and I spoke to her that she's looking for May14 assignment. So anyone keen to hire her during that period, you can text her at her SG number (from now till 3rd week of Nov13). Otherwise u can still reach her at her MY mobile number.

I will share my experience with her after my confinement. As always, keep an open mind bcos it's my first!

Hi wkatwk,

I would like to recommend my ex confinement lady to you if u still have not get one yet.
My ex confinement lady is from Indonesia (Chinese), she help me with my confinement twice.
During her stayed, I have a full rest during my confinement day and learn a lot from her how to take care of baby.
She was recommended by one of my friend from Indonesia.
She is a great cook and knowledgeable in confinement food as well as taking care of new born.
If you keen, pm me at 92217257, I can help you to contact her.[/quo

hw much she charging?

i like to look for a confinement lady that speaks hokkien, easy-going, helpful and not fussy over things.
i will be due in mid Apr 14. any good recommendations? can PM me please.
thanks

Back