Ashj06

Hi everyone,

I have a very bad experience with this confinement nanny called Janet Foo (Ipoh). Her number is +60 12 593 0298. Im a FTM and its my first time engaging a confinement nanny. The one im suppose to engaged was stuck in malaysia. Hope my review helps if you are engaging her and be prepared mentally beforehand.

She quoted me $3.2k and requested for a minimum $50 开工 red packet and $50 收工 red packet. She said that if she does well i can give her more. Ok, if she is good i dont mind giving her more. She was supposed to work for us 2 weeks and said her friend will come for the next 2 weeks (Im going to talk about this later).

When she arrived the first day, she didnt do much except cooking for my dinner and was sitting at her room using her phone. She was also bad mouthing her previous clients which was already a bad indicator but i wasnt aware yet of what is coming. She wasnt initiative unless you tell her to do something. First few days she didnt do a wipe down for my baby or change my baby clothes into pyjamas before sleep, didnt apply lotion as well. Both my husband and i didnt know it was necessary until a few days later when our friends came by and mentioned. We asked her about it then she started doing. Next she said she dont hand wash baby clothes. Only use washing machine. I was firm on this and she reluctantly agreed. (But i found out later part of my confinement that she secretly use washing machine to wash my baby clothes and lied to me) She also said she won't wash cloth diapers, in which we eventually agreed, so we used disposable diapers. Both my husband and i prefer baby to room with us, i thought this have lessen her workload by alot. But she dont even want to do the basic chores a confinement nanny does?? Thats plain lazy.

Thats not all. The food she cooked for me is always not served hot or warm. My vege was cold despite me telling her a number of times. And she doesnt even inform me when my meals are cooked. She pre fry the ginger slice and sesame oil and store them in containers. I dont know how long she has kept them. But its not suppose to be this way. The nanny is suppose to freshly fry the ginger slices. Not pre fry it and store for weeks. She doesnt listen even i told her i prefer my ginger freshly cooked. She neither cook for my husband nor wash his clothes/dishes. She only prepare breakfast lunch dinner for me. No tea break unless you request it from her. And you know what's best? She asked me if i want to eat hotdog or ham during first week. That's totally not confinement food at all. I realised she prefers taking the easy way out. And the soup? ... I doubt im drinking the correct soup. She has prepared the papaya fish soup wrongly. The colour was dark brown which was not supposed to be the case. She always cook the same soup, and another bland pork rib soup which taste like water. Always cooking repetitive meals for me and its not nice. Considering that im not too picky a eater, its really quite bad. My tingkat food im ordering now is so much better than hers!

And after one week, she told me very casually that her friend cant come already. Meaning we have to survive on our own for the rest of the 2 weeks. She didnt even apologize. But we were also abit relieved as i dont think we want her friend to work for us, she might be the same pattern. On the other hand, we also think that there isnt a friend to take over at the beginning. She probably has a 2 weeks gap and just took our job, giving us a false promise there is another friend to take over her.

What i really do not like about her bad attitude and laziness. She lied to me when I asked her why is the baby clothes in the washing machine. Her reply was that she is drying them!! My washer doesnt have drying function and i saw with my own eyes water coming out from the machine to wash the clothes. She even tell my mum that she will cook but my mum need to wash the dishes?? Also, she talks back often and is rude to my mum. When i ask her some things nicely, she gave me black face and talk in a nasty way. Thinking that we know nothing and she knows everything, not receptive of our opinions and concerns. I endured with it because she still handles my baby to some extent eg changing diapers and bottle feed her. My parents are easy going people but they were upset too.

I really do not want anyone to experience what i had. Its really a nightmare. Was really glad she didnt work the full 1 month. Just my luck to hire such a nanny. Now without her, we felt much happier and i dont think i will ever engage a confinement nanny again after this horrific experience.

Last edited:

Gosh. I had a bad experience with her too. Did she start work with you in mid Oct? If it is, I was the client before you. She is constantly on the phone talking loudly to her friends. And she kept commenting our stuff are not good. Asking us to get pressure cooker etc probably to make her life easier.

Gosh. I had a bad experience with her too. Did she start work with you in mid Oct? If it is, I was the client before you. She is constantly on the phone talking loudly to her friends. And she kept commenting our stuff are not good. Asking us to get pressure cooker etc probably to make her life easier.
Yes she worked for me in mid oct! She is really very terrible and VERY LAZY!!! My parents are usually very easy going and rarely gets so upset!! My aunts and friends who visited me also commented that she is not good at all. She will be in her room using her phone and talking. I mean if she does a good job, i am fine with that. But NO! My husband even had to clean up and wash my baby's poop. She got a really bad attitude, rude and talk back to my parents, and doesnt do her job well. Even lied to me, thinking im a fool and knows nothing. When she first came, she told my mum she doesnt wash baby clothes!! She really chooses the easy way out and the method that is most convenient for her.

She will also flaunt that her clients are doctors and lawyers. I think she is more suitable for those household with helper so that she dont need to do any chores. And those mummies who are not strict about what they need to eat during confinement. I wanted a nanny in the first place so she can cook nutritious food/soup for me and know what i can or cannot eat (as i breastfeed my baby). She didnt offer any good advice and even suggested processed food to make her life easier. After she left, my mum tried to make soup daily for me, and honestly its so much better than hers!!

Did janet ask you to buy pre packed herbs for the soup too? My mum spent $200+ on it when the nanny could have just picked and mixed the herbs herself since these herbs aren't expensive in the first place. Now I'm left with herbs for remaining 2 weeks, that's why ask my mum to cook soup for me if not wasted.

Yes she worked for me in mid oct! She is really very terrible and VERY LAZY!!! My parents are usually very easy going and rarely gets so upset!! My aunts and friends who visited me also commented that she is not good at all. She will be in her room using her phone and talking. I mean if she does a good job, i am fine with that. But NO! My husband even had to clean up and wash my baby's poop. She got a really bad attitude, rude and talk back to my parents, and doesnt do her job well. Even lied to me, thinking im a fool and knows nothing. When she first came, she told my mum she doesnt wash baby clothes!! She really chooses the easy way out and the method that is most convenient for her.

She will also flaunt that her clients are doctors and lawyers. I think she is more suitable for those household with helper so that she dont need to do any chores. And those mummies who are not strict about what they need to eat during confinement. I wanted a nanny in the first place so she can cook nutritious food/soup for me and know what i can or cannot eat (as i breastfeed my baby). She didnt offer any good advice and even suggested processed food to make her life easier. After she left, my mum tried to make soup daily for me, and honestly its so much better than hers!!

Yes! Wah lao. Whole day say her doctor/lawyer client this and that. She doesn't even want to room with me and baby on the first day. Insist on staying in a room by herself. And when baby cried so loudly on the first day, she didn't even bother to help. Even my parents came in to help us. I wanted to terminate her early but my hub and parents felt that it's better for someone to cook for me. But her food are really repetitive. It's like the same seasoning every night. She also kept asking me to feed formula coz of my baby's jaundice. But I just ignored and blackface her. Did you observe how she bathe your baby? I realised she squeezed a lot of shampoo and soap on her body. And didn't soak her in the bathtub. So after she left, I just went around asking how to bathe a baby. Really a nightmare. Didn't learn anything from her.

The thing is that she got quite a number of good reviews on this forum. So I think her style only suit certain kind of people.

Last edited:
Did janet ask you to buy pre packed herbs for the soup too? My mum spent $200+ on it when the nanny could have just picked and mixed the herbs herself since these herbs aren't expensive in the first place. Now I'm left with herbs for remaining 2 weeks, that's why ask my mum to cook soup for me if not wasted.
Oh no leh. She gave me a long list of herbs to buy. But end up with excess too. My Mil brought over red yeast wine and yellow wine over. She got her to buy additional bottles when she hadn't even finished using the first 2 bottles. I end up with many bottles of the wine lying around.

Yes! Wah lao. Whole day say her doctor/lawyer client this and that. She doesn't even want to room with me and baby on the first day. Insist on staying in a room by herself. And when baby cried so loudly on the first day, she didn't even bother to help. Even my parents came in to help us. I wanted to terminate her early but my hub and parents felt that it's better for someone to cook for me. But her food are really repetitive. It's like the same seasoning every night. She also kept asking me to feed formula coz of my baby's jaundice. But I just ignored and blackface her. Did you observe how she bathe your baby? I realised she squeezed a lot of shampoo and soap on her body. And didn't soak her in the bathtub. So after she left, I just went around asking how to bathe a baby. Really a nightmare. Didn't learn anything from her.

The thing is that she got quite a number of good reviews on this forum. So I think her style only suit certain kind of people.
Omg really the same pattern! We took care of the baby mostly by ourselves. When the baby cry very loud, she didnt even bother to help only until when we knock on her door. And after she feed the baby finish, and she cry again, we felt really helpless. I ask her why the baby cry, she said just pat her to sleep. She never even initiate to help us with the baby and went back to sleep. I did give her a few hours break in the afternoon to rest, but she is not very helpful at night.

Yah, she also tell me to feed baby formula milk on first day. I was reluctant but in the end i gave in due to the scary stories she told me. I was afraid my baby dont have enough milk. I didnt observe how she bathe my baby though, only my husband saw. Does she pre fry the ginger slice and sesame oil and store in containers? My mum saw it, told her but she shoot back at my mum. I ask all my friends, their nannies freshly cooked the ginger slice for every meal. Legit first time come across such a lazy nanny. And she even tell me and my husband that everybody does that, and she said 2 times that she can ask in her nanny groupchat (few hundred ppl she claimed) about this and let me see their reply, but in the end she also never show.

Yeah i saw a few good reviews for her which im really shocked. That's why posting here so that future mummies will read this and know before engaging her.

Oh no leh. She gave me a long list of herbs to buy. But end up with excess too. My Mil brought over red yeast wine and yellow wine over. She got her to buy additional bottles when she hadn't even finished using the first 2 bottles. I end up with many bottles of the wine lying around.
Yah she keep telling my mum to buy this and that. In the end, left with so much things never use. Thank god im doing confinement at my mum hs, have more helping hands. Imagine just me and my husband, i will probably cry. She promised that i can have nanny for one mth, but last minute tell me nonchalently that her "friend" cant work for us, never even apologize and still ask us for red packet when she leave.

Talking about wine.. Previously I requested her to cook soup with alcohol for me at night. She cook black chicken with XO for me. After i drank i felt drowsy and there was certainly some alcohol effects. I ask her about it, she blamed me that i cant take alcohol and said she has cooked for a few hours. If you cook alchohol for hours the alcohol content should already be gone. So i really doubt her. There was one time she just pour XO into the soup infront of me. Really cant trust her words.

Omg really the same pattern! We took care of the baby mostly by ourselves. When the baby cry very loud, she didnt even bother to help only until when we knock on her door. And after she feed the baby finish, and she cry again, we felt really helpless. I ask her why the baby cry, she said just pat her to sleep. She never even initiate to help us with the baby and went back to sleep. I did give her a few hours break in the afternoon to rest, but she is not very helpful at night.

Yah, she also tell me to feed baby formula milk on first day. I was reluctant but in the end i gave in due to the scary stories she told me. I was afraid my baby dont have enough milk. I didnt observe how she bathe my baby though, only my husband saw. Does she pre fry the ginger slice and sesame oil and store in containers? My mum saw it, told her but she shoot back at my mum. I ask all my friends, their nannies freshly cooked the ginger slice for every meal. Legit first time come across such a lazy nanny. And she even tell me and my husband that everybody does that, and she said 2 times that she can ask in her nanny groupchat (few hundred ppl she claimed) about this and let me see their reply, but in the end she also never show.

Yeah i saw a few good reviews for her which im really shocked. That's why posting here so that future mummies will read this and know before engaging her.

Yes she precooked the stuff too. I just close both eyes. Guess she just want to make her life easier. Just precook everything. So that she can spend more time on her phone in the afternoon. Oh and she kept saying that baby couldnt sleep coz baby was hungry. And just pass the baby to me everytime she cries.Never even attempt to soothe her.

Yes she precooked the stuff too. I just close both eyes. Guess she just want to make her life easier. Just precook everything. So that she can spend more time on her phone in the afternoon. Oh and she kept saying that baby couldnt sleep coz baby was hungry. And just pass the baby to me everytime she cries.Never even attempt to soothe her.
Gosh, same! Damn lazy!! She pre cook ginger slice and store in containers, so basically she only fry one time for all my meals. And i saw alot of times she cook finish my meal earlier and just put one side. When i eat its always not hot. One time i told her that i want the vegetable served warm/hot (after she serve me a few times cold), she accused me of eating the vege last. I told her i ate that the first thing when she served it on the table (because i already noticed she left the cooked veg in the kitchen so i suspected its gg to be cold and indeed it is).

Yah when my baby cries, she comes out only when i knock her room. She also doesnt soothe the baby when she cries, just pass to me and my husband to deal with it.

Gosh, same! Damn lazy!! She pre cook ginger slice and store in containers, so basically she only fry one time for all my meals. And i saw alot of times she cook finish my meal earlier and just put one side. When i eat its always not hot. One time i told her that i want the vegetable served warm/hot (after she serve me a few times cold), she accused me of eating the vege last. I told her i ate that the first thing when she served it on the table (because i already noticed she left the cooked veg in the kitchen so i suspected its gg to be cold and indeed it is).

Yah when my baby cries, she comes out only when i knock her room. She also doesnt soothe the baby when she cries, just pass to me and my husband to deal with it.
I think the food was hot only during the first few days. Did you give her $50 as the leaving angbao? Did she go out during the 2 weeks? She asked to go out to celebrate her friend's birthday and to High commission of Malaysia to settle her passport.

I see many Confinement Nanny always on facebook looking for their next client. How could they be able to work ( cook) and look after the newborn if I see them on facebook every hour of the day replying post that they are free to take the next assignment. Frankly I would not like a confinement that is always on facebook rushing for their next assignment. I personally prefer to take from agency as we can leave a review on the confinement nanny after the assignment.
May I know where did u find these CLs looking for their next client?

I booked a CL and she was horrible also. She double-booked me and I found out. I also found out from another mummy that these CLs have a wechat group whereby they collect our bookings and sell them to other jobless CL for commission.

I am sorry to hear about your bad experience but Auntie Janet was my confinement lady for both my kids in 2019 and 2021. We had a very pleasant experience with her though.

She is experience and always very enthusiastic about her job. She is constantly sharing about baby products that were effective. I remembered when I was a first time mother in 2019, I was so desperate and depressed when my milk supply haven't kicked in, she was there to reassure me and constantly made different types of soup to boost my milk supply. Eventually my supply got better. :)

Due to insufficent space in my house, we didn't have a choice and I had to be in the same room as Auntie Janet and my newborn. I must say Auntie Janet took good care of my child. Whenever my little one fidgets or whines, she's right beside the crib. She was always consistent and I feel assured having her around. When I was pregnant with my second child, I immediately contacted her and everything was great! She was with me for 28days per confinement and did an awesome job. She was really a blessing to my family.

I am surprise to learn about your bad experience with Aunty Janet as she was my confinement nanny back in 2019. Till today, we still miss having her around as she has been a great help to us.

I find that she is a very good cook, when she was with us we really felt pampered by her as she cooks a variety of yummy dishes for both me and my husband and will make sure we have a balance diet. I was touched by her when she offered to cook extra chicken herbal soup for my mum when she heard my mum is not feeling well. When I asked her if that will take up her time, she said it's ok she will just wake up earlier. She even made fishcake from scratch using the real fish meat as I mentioned to her that I craved for it.

I find her very diligent in her job be it her cooking or taking care of baby too. It's almost as 有求必应, whatever I request of her she will do her best to fulfil it. She also shared with me which baby products that are handy and useful like the Hakka pump which was so useful to collect the let down of my BM and this saves me so much time from researching. Being a FTM, I was all prepared and read up about pregnancy and labour but failed to read up about what happens when the baby comes home, so I was really glad that I have Aunty Janet by my side to guide me through it all back then.

My 56 days of confinement was a total bliss :)

I am sorry to hear about your bad experience but Auntie Janet was my confinement lady for both my kids in 2019 and 2021. We had a very pleasant experience with her though.

She is experience and always very enthusiastic about her job. She is constantly sharing about baby products that were effective. I remembered when I was a first time mother in 2019, I was so desperate and depressed when my milk supply haven't kicked in, she was there to reassure me and constantly made different types of soup to boost my milk supply. Eventually my supply got better. :)

Due to insufficent space in my house, we didn't have a choice and I had to be in the same room as Auntie Janet and my newborn. I must say Auntie Janet took good care of my child. Whenever my little one fidgets or whines, she's right beside the crib. She was always consistent and I feel assured having her around. When I was pregnant with my second child, I immediately contacted her and everything was great! She was with me for 28days per confinement and did an awesome job. She was really a blessing to my family.

Maybe she see people? My house didn't had a helper and she already told me she won't hand wash baby clothes when she first came. She was reluctant to wash the dishes, strictly wash my dishes only which i guess its fine as she only need to takw good care of me and the baby. But she didnt do a good job at all. Eg she didnt wake up until we knock on her door a few times when our baby cried for a long time. When our baby cried persistently, she ask us to pat and soothe the baby. I saw some of her good reviews so im really puzzled if its the same person we are talking about. She was really horrible, a nightmare to us. We were so happy when she left.

I am surprise to learn about your bad experience with Aunty Janet as she was my confinement nanny back in 2019. Till today, we still miss having her around as she has been a great help to us.

I find that she is a very good cook, when she was with us we really felt pampered by her as she cooks a variety of yummy dishes for both me and my husband and will make sure we have a balance diet. I was touched by her when she offered to cook extra chicken herbal soup for my mum when she heard my mum is not feeling well. When I asked her if that will take up her time, she said it's ok she will just wake up earlier. She even made fishcake from scratch using the real fish meat as I mentioned to her that I craved for it.

I find her very diligent in her job be it her cooking or taking care of baby too. It's almost as 有求必应, whatever I request of her she will do her best to fulfil it. She also shared with me which baby products that are handy and useful like the Hakka pump which was so useful to collect the let down of my BM and this saves me so much time from researching. Being a FTM, I was all prepared and read up about pregnancy and labour but failed to read up about what happens when the baby comes home, so I was really glad that I have Aunty Janet by my side to guide me through it all back then.

My 56 days of confinement was a total bliss :)

Lucky you to have a blissful confinement period. Mine was a nightmare as a FTM. I found myself very unlucky to engage her.

I think the food was hot only during the first few days. Did you give her $50 as the leaving angbao? Did she go out during the 2 weeks? She asked to go out to celebrate her friend's birthday and to High commission of Malaysia to settle her passport.

Sorry! I missed seeing this comment till now..
No of course i didnt give $50 as leaving ang bao. She didnt even fulfill the 1 month when she promised her friend will take over after 2 weeks. I didnt want to give her any ang bao as i was so upset and dissatisfied with her service. But she asked from my husband when she leaving, so i gave her one reluctantly.

Back