Choa chu kang mummy club

Hi mummies,

How is the feedback for mulberry? I feel like changing schold for my son as he fell sick so often at his current CC. Every month sure sick! He is only 2.5yr old. So tot of letting him to go half day sch. He used to be in half day programme ever since changed to full day programme alsways fall sick.

Hi Jacelyn,

Mulberry is ok. However, your son may get sick because he is yet to adapt to full day childcare. It might not be due to the CC. Anyway you can check with the current school how frequently they clean the place/toys, and also the class size.

Hi JF,

Long time no see you here
happy.gif

Hi Ashley,

U just got a new maid? Better to let her settle in before you make alternative school arrangement for Damien.

Actually, falling sick is part and parcel of adapting to CC life. After about 1 yr, they will fall sick less often after they have caught those viruses they need to catch. I also give my kids health supplements to boost their immunity....it works well on them so far.

Hi Mummies,
How's everyone, didn't come in for quite sometime.

Does anyone know of any good before/after school care in Yew Tee area.

Hi,

I'm new in this thread. My baby is coming 13mth and start to source some playgroup for him when he turns 18mths. I have enquired the Edufarm at Blk 685C, any comments on that school?

hihi snowball,
U still remember me ah
happy.gif
I thot nobody remember me ler.. hee

hi CutieZayn,
YT blk620 kindy has student care, but good anot I can't tell. The kindy is ok tho'.

Hi Jf,
Thank you, are you taking about Agape ?? I will go to their open house on 24th Jul and decide. Thought of seeing others before making the final decision.

Hi CutieZayn,

My colleague used to put his son at Agape Student Care @ Blk 632A since he was P2 thro' P6. He mentioned that this Student Care not bad.

You can check it out.

Thanks Snowball, I will go next week and check it out.
You heard of Pro-Teach at Blk555, highly recommended by MFS teachers but is quite far from Yew Tee Pri school so will have to take a school bus if put her there.

hi ashley,

i mean those eerie experiences..... i just shifted here and not used to that kind of feelings. I'm so scared cos 7th month is near the corner.

anyone got same experience or anything to share?

Hi CutieZayn,

i am not registering this yr but i did monitor the cck school intake. This yr south view not much seats left for phase 2c.

Will u be registering one of cck school?

Hi CutieZayn,

i am not registering this yr but i did monitor the cck school intake. This yr south view not much seats left for phase 2c.

Will u be registering one of cck school?

CutieZayn,
Blk 620 is not Agape, it's Berris Kids Kindy. Since you've Agape in mind, if it fulfils your criteria then go for it!

Jappooh,
Which cck pri sch are u intending to send your boy to?

hi, my boy cc just reported 3 cases of hfmd yest. could be these 3 cases are diagnosed over the wkend. do u thk i shld let my boy attend cc this wk? was pondering but eventually, i let my boy went today.

Morning Mummies..

Rainie u got PM.

I heard that south view very hard to get a pl cos is a good sch. Even my fren stay opp this sch got no pl for her son.

Wow jus imagine lol... Stay opp lei..

jf,

my boy is not due for register yet. But i have been looking at the past yr thrend.

Actually looking at south view but look at it going to be real hard. This yr only left 33 seats for phase 2c. The other 2 school i looking at is CCK pri or concord pri cos they are within 1km to me.

Evon,
ya south view within 1 km have to ballot yrly.. So those wan this school must have back up plan. If ballot and didnt get which other school to send the kid loh.

Hi HappyGal29,

Actually, the incubation period for HFMD is 3 - 5 days. U have to monitor your boy daily and look out for sympthoms. If you have help at home, you can keep him at home until the cycle breaks at the CC.

Hi jf/ jappooh/ Evon,

I am looking at YT Pri for my kids if I continue to stay in CCK. 2nd choice will be Unity.

But, both schools got ballot for phase 2C in the past 2 yrs.

Snowball,

the ballot is still not so bad for YT. So dun get too worry.

Heard that both YT and Unity not bad loh.

CutieZayn,
if u need last yr figure on no of vancany and no of ppl registered let me knw. I can pass to u. Phase 2B in YT should be quite safe.
happy.gif

Hi jf,

Thanks, I will drop by to take a look at Berries also. I have not decide on anything.

Jappooh,

Can you PM me the details, TIA.

Hi All,

Wow so many P1 kids this year
happy.gif

We are just back from short break. Damien is going to school despite the HFMD outbreak cos, (1) hope it's the same strain so he won't get it again, and (2) nobody to look after him at home.

Hi Rainie, what is your block? Maybe I can ask my hubby whether he knows any stories.
Personally my unit is ok. I used to stay alone at home a lot when I was pregnant and hubby travelled often. Then sometimes I went out to buy food at wee hours by myself. It's alright so far. And I'm not a very brave person.

Hi Ashley,

You mean Mulberry still has HFMD cases after so many weeks?

But, if it is the same strain, Damien will be immuned to it. So, no worries
happy.gif

Hi Snowball, the first cycle was considered broken after 10 days with no new cases.

This is the second cycle. So far 3 day with no new cases.

sigh, my boy who is in k1 just diagnosed with hfmd yest. this is the 3rd time he caught hfmd. hoping he will not spread to my gal who is 28mth old. basically, one yr, one time.
sad.gif

Hi Happygal, hope your kids get well really soon. It's tiring for us and painful for them, but it'll soon pass
happy.gif
Take care!

Hi Happygal,

My DD1 also caught it 3 times. During the 3rd time, my DD2 also got it. Its not easy to look after 2 kids with HFMD. Lucikly, during the 3rd time, my DD2 got a very mild attack and she recovered after 4 days.

Hang on and take care!

hi mummies, would like to check whether any of you place ur child in playground staying at yew tee, wad's ur recommendation? my boy is already 12.5months old and would like to enroll him into playgroup at 18 months.

thx ashley and snowball, ya, really tiring. currently both are with my nanny. am working today. yest really not much slp cos dd2 kept waking up. tiring...luckily, this time round also milder attack inside mouth so eating and drinking still quite as per normal. but got really ugly spots and blisters all over his hands, feet, legs and buttock. heartpain. mummies, u all know whether will it leaves any scars?

HappyGal,

Takecare, it will be a norm every year but look like this year last a longer period.
No worries, so far both my kids never leaves any scars behind due to HFMD.

Hi happygal, no scar so far due to HFMD. But my son's skin is sensitive. Sometimes mosquito or insect bites may leave scars if he is scratching, so just buy a tube of cream for the scars. Any Guardian/Unity stores should have.

hi mommies,

been quite awhile since i last posted as busy with 2 kids and work. btw my girl is currently sick too. her fever finally went away today which is the 8th day but she is still down with cough n running nose.

anw i wana ask if any mommies put their ds or dd in kindy. im thinking of taking my girl out of her cc and have shortlisted a few plc

1) cgm kindergarten
2) cck bible house
3) pcf @ blk 123

would appreciate any feedbacks of the above schools.

also do any of u send ur kids for enrichment. my dd is turning 3 in sept and is weak in eng so i found a few plc for eng enrichment but am not sure if its gd

1) i can read @ cck central
2) read in a week by KTRC @ cck central
3) phonics @ edufarm (blk 549 / blk 685c / 690c)

hope that some of u mummies will be able to share info with me with regards to enrichment too.

hope to hear from u all & thks alot
happy.gif

Hi duckeroo,

Heard a lot of good comments for CCK Bible house, but also heard that you need to register early to get a place.

My son did not go for english enrichment so can't comment on that. But personally I think I can read is quite good.

Hi HappyGal29,

So far both my gals did not leave any scars after the HFMD attacks. But, it took quite a no. of weeks for the scars to disappear for my DD1. She has sensitive skin. I try not to let her take dark sauce when she still has the scar marks.

Hi Oily, so Cherries Hearts has just opened one in Limbang? Is Cambridge still there? Just curious about the location of Cherrie Hearts there. It's new isn't it?

i think the it replaced cambridge as the center is just beside foodcourt..
i quite like the place, but the distance a bit out of me..
just want to find out if any kids are alrd there..

Back