Choa chu kang mummy club

Snowball & Ashley,
Aiyohz... what to do. Guess every family got some politics also bah. For my end, it's not me or hub who don't allow my dad to spoil my #3 but rather other people around see already not happy lor.

Snowball,
OMG!! $1.3K AFTER subsidy??!! That's way way too much! I will never spend sssoo much on CC. Guess these branded schools are targetting the expat market. They are the ones with lots of $$$. Can afford to pay big salaries to their maids and send their kids to high-end CC's.

Storeberry,
Oic. Btw, the My First Skool you referring is located at Blk 6xx? Cos the one I'm looking at is at Blk 212. Dunno whether it's under the same owner or branch director? Hhmmm...

I like Agape. But inconvenient for me cos got no direct feeder service from where I'm staying. Haiz.

Hi Storeberry,

When my gal attended Agape's PG, they have morning session from 9am - 12nn which I like the timing. In the following year they started new session from 12.45pm-3.45pm. Now, they changed their class timing again?

Hi Dymples,

My gals are at Agape CC now as its walking distance to my house
happy.gif

Hi Ashley,

Hope that your son's behaviour is back to normal now?

Dymples: Yes, the My 1st Skool is the one at 6XX. Hmm.. the principal there is Jane Thye but I doubt its the same principal. Will call them agin once I decide on the cc.

Snowball: They said they open a new PG for 18mths old, just 2hours only & new timing. But they still thinking how to incorporate lunch which I think might be draggy & messy...cos 18mth old still cannot self feed using spoon.

Hi Storeberry,

When my DD1 attended their PG class, it is a combined one with N1. Now they are running separate PG classes. It seemed that Agagpe's PG class getting more popular. Yes, agree that its not too appropriate and its draggy to include lunch as PG kids need more time to eat and train to self-feed.

Hi Snowball, my son is still crying in the morning and still extremely clingy to me at home. But the teacher said he is doing very well in school, interacting well and getting along with his peers. So I don't know what to do with him.

Hi Ashley,

It is normal. For me, I have to deal with 2 clingy gals at home, both vying for my attention.
This is especially so when they did not see me the whole day.

Once they settled in and get used to the routine, things will get better. Be patient lah.

Now my 2 kids down with cough....sighhhhh...

Snowball,
ooohhh. SO lucky. I feel Agape is one of the better CC's in CCK area.

Storeberry,
Oic. ok... thks for the info.

Mulberry/My First Skool,
Haiz... I din get to go down on Saturday cos got recalled back to work. Then this end of week will be out-stationed. Can only view the CC prob mid of April. *aarrgghh*

Ashley,
Don't worry. It's normal for your boy to be clingy. To make it easier, dun cling back to him. Reassure him that school is fun. Maybe can try bribing him like, if he is good boy, when you fetch him from school in evening will bring him to buy sweet. Something like that. Make school to be a fun place and soon he'll look forward to going to school Most important, please dun cry or cling onto the child. Cos you don't want to reinforce negative behaviour. Good luck.

Dear all,

I would like to get some Mulberry info co's i'm thinking to transfer my child. Can i get some advice how's thing going on with those mummies that put their child at Mulberry. Thanks

Hi Snowball and Dymples, thanks for your advice. I'll be more patient and firm with him.

Snowball, hope your gals will get well soon. Which doctor do you bring them to? Normally I go to Kidslink next to Lot 1. It helps although the effect is not instant.

Worrymum77, how old is your child? My son is in PN at Mulberry. So far so good. The teacher updates about the child regularly and from what I see, the teachers there are good.

Hi Ashley,

This year he's 4 years old so it at N2. But i just call Mulberry that N2 class is full. That fast co's around Dec'09 i did call & they mentioned that still got 10 seat left. So i thought let my son try out at MMI 1st but i think now too late to register Mulberry.

Seen you're happy with their teachers & environment. The teachers will update you daily or weekly? When they cook lunch, will the centre got the strong cooking smell?

Hi Ashley,

I brought my kids to see TCM last week. They are still on TCM medication. DD1 is getting better but DD2 seemed to have throat infection now. Bringing her to see Dr this evening.

I used to bring them to Kinder Clinic at Paragon. When they are very sick, need "magical" touch from this PD to get them well.

Now that they are older, I bring them to GP to see Dr (save $$$ mah). They have been seeing the Dr at Clover Medical Clinic at Yew Tee Point. So far, I find the Dr there ok for my kids.

Hi Worrymum77,

My son also doing well at Mulberry. He's now more happy than pervious centre. They updates weekly Curriculum thru e-mail. Their updates really very details that tell me what they really learn on that week.

I agreed with Ashley that their teachers are good. My son N2 English & Chinese teacher very caring & teach well too. Their kitchen is at next room so no cooking smell at all. If you really keen, you might want to waitlist & see any withdraw.

Hi Ashley,

Your son just started at Mulberry? Usually you pick him up at what time? I think i did saw your son co's yesterday when i fetch my son, got one boy follow my son English teacher.

Hi Cutebaby,

So you have make the right choice to transfer your son from previous CC. Teacher will update what they have teach on weekly basic, really quite good. I think not much school doing that. Now i'm still not comfortable with the centre strong cooking smell.

No choice i'll waitlist at Mulberry for class N2 & see how. If not at CCK area i also can't find other good CC.

Hi Worrymum77,

A friend of mine actually checked with Mulberry on their N2 classes. The Ctr feedback that they considering opening up another N2 class if they can enrol enough kids.

You can put on waitlist first.

So far, MMI's problem is only the cooking smell right? So, your son can still remain there until you get a place at Mulberry. This will also be less disruptive for his learning.

Hi Snowball,

Ya agreed with you, I'll waitlist for my son & see how thing going on. If they really can't open another class then will enrol at next year. No choice.

Hi Snowball, is Kinder Clinic that good? Do they give anti-biotic kind of medicine? I'm very against it.
I also want to save $$, maybe will consider GP in future, touch wood.

Cutebaby, the pick-up time varies. Sometimes 5h30', sometimes later if my husband goes to fetch me, then him. Yesterday when I picked him up, one of his friends followed him and cried when he left. My son has round feature, big head, round face, round eyes, round mouth :D and especially a so-called round hair style, like wearing a helmet he he.

Hi worrymum77, the teacher updates weekly through email like what cutebaby said. Besides, if you email them personally, they will respond to you very fast. There is communication booklet which I write to the teacher everyday and she replies me everyday too.
If MMI is just about cooking smell, I think you still can keep your son there for a while and put him in waitlist.

Hi Ashley,

My 2 gals have seen Dr Kumar of Kinder Clinic since they were born. I should say he is very experienced and very good. He can accurately and quickly diagnosed my kids' ailments when we visit him.

He do not give lotsa medicine and prescribe antibiotics only when neccessary. My kids can see other Drs and still need his "magical" touch to get healed. My hb always joked that my kids "miss" their godpa when they were sick :p

But, his charges are not cheap tho'.

Hi Ashley,

Then yesterday i saw is not your son (hehehe.......) co's that boy usually fetch at 6.30pm.

Hi Worrymum77,

Ya, just put on waitlist. If really can't get a place then wait for next year enrolment.

Hi Ashely & Cutebaby,

Seen their updates really very good. Still got weekly updates, can e-mail to teacher personally & somemore still got communication booklet. So both of you can use any one way to communicate with the teacher. Really got the personal touch.

Didn't expect that this new management got such a good teachers & communication system.

hihi..

my boy just started at mulberry today .. PN class... so far he is adapting very well... nv really look around for me nor cry when he didn't see me... plus he falls asleep so fast during nap time... so feel very fang xin...

the kids there all look very happy so mummies with kids there should have no worries...

Ashley.. wat's your kid name?? he should be in the same class as my boy... =)

Hi Jeraldin,

That's great to hear that your child have settled down with Mulberry.

Ya agreed, more fang xin to let our child at Mulberry.

Hi Jeraldin!

Happy to hear that your son has settled down in Mulberry so fast! What is his name? My son is Damien.

Hi Jeraldin,

You son really adapt fast into the CC. My DD1 took about 1 week to settle in when she first started CC last year. My DD2 took about 3 weeks as we slowly phase her into fullday care.

Hi Cutebaby,

You son started swimming class already? How is he coping? I am thinking to send my DD1 for swimming class but do not know if she is too young to start.

oh i know Damien... very sweet and good boy.. haha he will come hold my hand when I was there with my boy on the first day.. haha think he thought I am a new teacher hahaha..

My son is En Jie.. the botak in the class... these few days I took him back earlier... but from next week on.. I will pick him around 6.15pm..

yah snowball.. I am quite glad he adapt well... tomorrow is only the third day... so i hope he will remain in that way... haha

i was still quite reluctant to let my boy go cc. but no choice since i going back to work in june. yesterday i try coping wif #1 n #2 the whole day and i almost faint.... so i will put in cc starting june ba. i have more or less decided on amazing star coz it is non aircon n pricing is quite affordable. anyone's kid there?

Hi Jeraldin, really? haha didn't know that. But he indeed is a sweet boy. How old is your son?

Hi Mushloom, I heard positive feedback on Amazing Star and used to consider it too. It's just far from my house and we prefer air-con as my son easily perspires.
Even when he is in light air-con environment, if he runs around, he still sweats and his hair is wet. Dunno whether this is normal or not.

ashley lol my boy is an aircon bb. rite from the day he was born he cannot live wifout aircon coz he gets heat rash very easily. juz running around can have red patches appearing liao. but somehow i feel he have to learn to deal wif it lor coz nx time he go primary school oso non aircon ma. my hubby prefers aircon place. we see how lor if he develops very bad rashes then i will put him prob wif mulberry

Hi Snowball,

I have withdraw my son from swimming lesson co's he's not ready yet. He's not willing to go to school & have bad dream at school too but after stop everything go back as normal. Last time there is an incident that make him phobia of swimming for 1 year & now just gain back his confident to play at the pool. That why we don't insist him to swim.

I know our house pool have swimming instructor to teach kids to swim co's every sat morning i did saw alot of kids learning swimming. But not sure how good is it.

Hi Mushloom, in this case I suggest you considering air-con schools. Your son's reaction to non air-con environment sounds quite serious? No doubt he needs to adapt but I guess maybe because Singapore weather is so hot and unpredictable lol. Maybe try to bring him outdoor more on those cooling days?

Personally I think childcare is very different from primary as toddlers tend to run/play more in class. Also, primary schools are generally bigger, more spacious and thus, more cooling and got more air/wind lolz. Funny right? Just what I think
happy.gif

hmmm i try him out n see how first. cos at home i on fan he is quite ok. but the other time brought him to the birdpark in the morning. by 10am he oredi very restless n bei tahan the heat liao... sigh

Hi Cutebaby,

That is precisely my worry that we might scare her off if we start her with swimming lessons too early. She enjoys going for swims with her mei mei. Guess we will wait till my DD2 is 4 yo and let both learn to swim together.

Hi Mushloom,

My DDs will also get rashes if they are soaked with perspiration. That is Y I chose a CC that is air-con. My DDs CC set air-con temperature that is just right (cool the room) but not too cold. In the morning and during the bath time, they acutally off the air-con and on it again during nap time and lessons time.

Ashley my boy just turn 18mths ... The youngest in the class.. I think so far all the kids in the pn class are quite ok ... All very good boys and gals..

Today when I go pick him the chinese teacher told me my boy was looking for me after tea break and so he fuss abit think he is quite attached to teacher stella so afternoon when she is not around then he will cry abit but I think he is already doing a very good job le!

I personally like Stella alot... Glad my son is attached to her at least he will willingly let her carry him in every morning

haha right Geraldin, I think all boys and gals in PN are attached to Stella
happy.gif

My son started to cry when he entered the school's entrance but the moment he saw Stella, he pointed to her and said "There!" and then run into her arms lolz. When he is at home, sometimes he will suddenly asks me "Where teacher Stella?". Besides her, I think Shelly is quite a nice lady too.
Actually I think all of them in Mulberry are nice, just that I only encountered a few so far.

By the way Geraldin, my son already knows your son. When I mentioned your son's name, his eyes lit up and he repeated En Jie, where is En Jie? haha

Haha that's cute!! Yah All the teachers are quite nice just that I don't really know all the teachers' name ... Anyway there is an outing on 1st April rite ? Are you letting Damian go? I wonder if there will be sufficient supervision for pn kids during the outing...

Hi Geraldin, yes I have just submitted the consent form this morning for Damien. I think they should know how to handle and supervise the PN kids
happy.gif

Hi CCK mommies,

I need help... can anyone recommend a good maths a P2 girl? Cos my girl's maths is terrible. I'm at my wits end. Always I can teach and teach but nothing seems to go into her head. Today teach, she understand and can reply you. But the next day all forget liaoz... and I gotta repeat over and over again. She's already attending maths remedial in school and have private tuition, but all no use. Now seriously thinking of enrolling her in MPM Maths. Any feedbacks?

Hi Dymples, sorry can't help you on this. But I think you try to find a maths tutor that is experience in teaching students like your gal. Some teachers are good in coaching good students to excel and some are especially good in helping weak students to get back on track. So maybe asking around to see where to find a suitable place for her. A place where they have students with good maths results may not be a good place for your gal because the starting point is different.

Really hope you can find the right tutor
happy.gif

Ashley & Snowball,

Thks for the advise. My #1 currently already has a provate tutor. However I find the progress too slow. Just went for the MPM preview. Looks good as they do follow the MOE syllabus closely. I find MPM somthing like Kumon cos the students got to do the worksheets in class and then followed by about 18-pages of worksheets for homework. But from the preview it seems there is more coaching from the teachers. I like that the worksheets are colurful illustrations plus the way they teach the students to analyse the questions. Have enrolled both #1 and #2. Hope this class will help.
biggrin.gif

hi mummies

how are you?!

hi Ashley and Jeraldin

my son is also in PN, his name is wei zhe. Yes, i like teacher stella very much.

btw this morning my hubby signed up wei zhe to the library trip cos stella told me that wei zhe will be the only child did not go library and sophia will take care of him. my hubby does not feel comfortable leaving him alone in school and quickly sign him up to the library trip.

frankly speaking, i tot PN is too young to go library trip leh... heehee...

Hi Jo, glad to hear from another mummy from Mulberry PN class hehe. I will ask my son whether he knows your son. My son seems to remember all his classmates' names lolz.

So far I let my son go to whatever outings he is allowed to go. Personally it's fine with me cos I think children are precious to all parents so if others let their children go, there's no reason my son cannot go, hehe.

Actually I wish there are more outings, but I think it's hard on the teachers for those trips like this. They must pay extra attention to the kids.

Hi Ashley

haha, ya let me know whether your son knows my son. hey your son is really very advanced... my son still can't speak!
sad.gif

i am really surprised so many PN kids go for trips... for us, we are not very comfortable cos my no.2 can just walk away from us...

Hi Jo, the other day Emma told my husband that our son is very chatty. Er.. dunno whether should take it as compliment or not lol. Maybe cos he is one of the eldest in PN class. His second birthday is coming ;)

Hi Ashley

Weizhe is mid May baby... how about your son? aiyo, the most only one month difference but my son still cannot talk :-( btw, how are you going to celebrate your son birthday?

Hi Jo, will celebrate his birthday in school. Order a cake for him and bring goodies bags for his schoolmates lol. This is the first time we do this so I'm very inexperienced.

Last year for his 1 year old we celebrated at home with family and friends.

Damien was supposed to be May baby but came out in April
happy.gif

Actually my son was not an early talker. He started talking last few months only but since then, he could not stop haha. Now can talk very long sentences and argue liao.

Hi Ashley,

I just celebrated my DD2's birthday at her CC yesterday.

I bought a 1.5kg cake (for all the teachers and 18 kids) and prepared 18 goodie bags (consisting of Easter Rabbit chocolate, biskuits, sweets) for them.

My 2 gals enjoyed themselves during the celebration
happy.gif

Thanks Snowball for the suggestion!! And happy belated birthday to your DD2!
happy.gif
Yesterday I had a friend just gave birth too
happy.gif
Anyway my own bd is 1 day before your DD2 lol.

I have ordered the cake for my son but still thinking what to put in the goodie bags.
Do parents need to be present?

Back