Choa chu kang mummy club

snowball which cc is tat? coz i check wif mulberry they don really offer. amazing star oso got full day program. but hubby don really like the environment. coz no air con. i waiting for sat to go down to mmi at ten mile then decide.

littledot mulberry around 600+/650 for full day.

Hi Littledot,

If not wrong, Cambridge @ Lim Bang Shopping Centre did have infant care. But not sure how good is it. This is their website: http://www.cambridgecdc.com/singapore.htm#

Hi Mushloom,

I also agreed with Snowball, fullday CC is better co's usually enrichment class will be at noon time.

I did went to MMI @ Ten Mile before. I like their program & teaching method but i don't like the cooking smell that from their centre co's their kitchen got no window. Maybe sat you won't encounter this problem co's they might not cooking so much.

tks cutebaby, i'll check it out.

i checked out ado and first skool on mcys website and they dun have 24mths license only 12 if i'm not wrong, so only meeting expectations.. guess gotta continue my hunt..

cutebb i wanted to go on wkday but she keep insisting on sat... donno got kids or nt cannt see the learning process... see how. will update after the visit

Hi Mushloom,

After you viewed on sat then you insist to view on weekday again. The best time is around 10am co's the aunty will cook & it's also the kids lesson time.

Littledot: I check MCYS website a few weeks ago & My 1st skool at blk 603 only have 6mths license. I asked the Principal a few mths back why & she told me its due to their documentation procedure but they should be able to get at least 12mths after that. But this mth I checked still 6mths leh. Don't know if she smoked me or not...

Am still looking for 2-3hr playgroup (18mths) near Yew Tee. Might be dropping by Agape to take a look. 11:45 - 1:45pm. $280. But the service quite bad cos I have to call 4-5times to get them to email me the details.

Can confirm if there is still a startots at blk 7XX? Cos my sil send her DD there before but I checked their website, they don't have the loc. Any comments on startots?

@ Jacelyn: you can use Singpost to ship things to Singapore. But what is BP?

@ oily: i'm interested but too lazy to check. Think you can go to CC to ask
happy.gif

Hi Storeberry,

I read from other threads that MFS at Blk 603 is quite good leh. How come they only get 6mths licence?

My DD1 used to attend Agape's 3-hr PG classes for 1yr before I switched her to their fullday CC. I shd say their prog not bad and my DD1 has learnt quite abit from their PG prog, esp Mandarin.

But, 1 thing I do not like is their classroom is too small. But, can tell that my DD1 enjoyed her classes, so we let her continued for 1yr. The principal is a nice lady. You can arrange to visit the centre to see if U like the place.

Hi Mushloom,

Both my kids are with Agape CC now. Ado is quite new in the vicinity, they started operations in end 2008 I think. But, I find their Ctr clean and bright (mayb at that time ctr still very new) but classrooms abit small.

Yes, I agree with Cutebaby, you shd arrange to view the CC during a weekday ard 10 - 11am when the kids are having lessons and also mealtime. Then, you can observe how classes are being conducted and the kind of food they eat.

Most imptly, you and hb has to feel comfortable with the CC before enrolling your child.

Just wanted to share my findings.

TumbleTots playgroup : 2hrs program from 10:30am
I attended a trial session with my son ( basically I like this centre cos they are really flexible and the staff there are helpful and nice. My son is currently attending the Sunday 1hr program so I requested with the staff if I can just attend one of the weekday playgoup as a trial. They agreed. ). The staff to student ratio is 1:5 but that day when I attended, there were only 4 kids and 3 staff! According to the staff, there are 5 students enrol in the program. The first 15mins was spend doing free play on the floor with the teacher. After that, they did songs and rhyme with the kids seated on the floor. Then, the teacher brought out a chart to introduce the alphabet R ( from Letterland ) where the teacher talk about the alphabet and brought out a box with items beginning with letter R. They change the alphabet on a weekly basis. Then they did an art relating to the alphabet R ( it's painting the robot picture with red paint using a roller brush ). After which, it was break time where they all have snacks ( biscuits provided by the Centre ) and the kids had to sit on the table to eat the snack which takes about 10mins I think. After that, they were brought to the big hall area in the centre where they did a few actions songs. Finally, all the kids had a chance to do physical play on gym set up by the Centre for the age group.

My comments : Because the group is small, the teacher is able to be very attentive. The program itself is not bad since they also incorporates physical play. They have songs, rhymes, Letterland, art and food play. The only thing is Chinese is not thought on a daily basis. Only on selected days.

Tulip Montessorri ; 2hrs program from 10:30am
Just visited the centre and talked to the Principal. The centre is very clean and neat with all the different Montessori skills segragated ( Eg. Life skills, Maths skills etc ) so kids can easily access to the toys/equipments. I personally find the environment stimulating and appealing for young kids. The centre focus on each age group per session , so from 10:30-12:30pm, there are only the Toddler in the Centre. There are 2 Chinese teachers and 2 English teacher I thk. I wasnt able to fully grasp the daily curriculum as the Principal was pretty vague and there isnt any structure except that they do follow a theme on a weekly basis. But then I read somewhere that Montessori does not focus so much on academic but all aspects of life skills to prepare them to be confident and independent kids and the program is dependent on your child's development? So, how effective is this school in teaching Montessori, I cant tell. The other thing that came on very strongly is the Principal emphasis on cleanliness ( maybe too much! haha! ). My boy was drooling quite abit cos of his teething when I brought him to the Centre and throughout the time, the principal was kept busy wiping my son's mouth! haha! N when I was there, one of the cleaner was cleaning a section of the toys one by one. My son was pretty happy there though, playing with the toys cos there are so many of them there.

Hi mummies, thanks for the info on Mulberry! wow! this thread 'runs' very fast leh..

Btw, anybody stay near the Blk 639-642 area? I saw the HDB website for EM flats. Saw this blk 642 just sold a 215sqm EM. So big?!but expensive lor ;0 hmmm... I heard from a friend that area very'posh looking'. Wonder if it is walking distance to MRT?

yesterday, hubby trying to convince his mum that we shift to CCK from clementi. his mum thinks that cck is still 'kampung' and find all sorts of reasons not to move..walau!! ;(

hi mummies, am new in the thread.
my son was born in july 2009 and we stay at cck cres/yew tee :)
hope to know more mummies around this area.
am also lookin at childcare/preschool programme for my son after he turn 18months old. abit too kiasu i think. haha

cutebb here goes... when i went there the ppl showed me around the place. lol i saw the bowls and plates and tot it was the canteen then i remembered it is the manipulatives. no smell of cooking inside the class. nt sure if it is becoz i oredi smelt it outside so immune to the smell liao. coz i went on a sat, there werent many kids there. but i do see a few indian teachers doing 1-1 coaching to bigger children. nt sure y they are there. got 1 PG group having lesson but the supervisor refuses to let me go n see how they have lesson. manipulative wise quite ok and the place quite clean. will consider putting him here for pm cc coz so far this is the oni cc which have lessons in the pm session.

Hi Mushloom,

As long you & your child is comfort with the centre then just go for it. Last time i did saw the PG class having lesson quite good.

For toddler gym, Turf City also have afew. You can go down to look around or search their website.

Hi Lynn,

Welcome on board!!!

Snowball: Don't know leh.. I checked again, really 6mths only, twice already!

Hihi, jnp & lynn! Jnp: Yubletots is at yew tee too?

Anyone send their kids to startots before?

Hi Veron/ Lynn,

Welcome to join us
happy.gif

Hi Veron - Yes, flats near to YewTee MRT stn are one of the most expensive in CCK, I guess. We wanted a bigger unit and viewed an EA at blk 641 last yr and the owner wanted $60k COV. That comes up to almost $600k for a 155sqm EA. The flat is big but in original condition. If we did buy over, need to spend quite a bit on renovation. The Jumbo flat you are referring to is the Penthouse right? Those penthouses are actually like mansionattes selling at above $700k.

In the end, we decided to stayput for the time being as we do not want to pay so much for a hdb flat.

Hi Mushloom - My colleague just started sending her 3yo to MMI ten-mile junction (1/2 day prog). So far, she is quite pleased with them.

Hi Storeberry,

Maybe MFS is too fast expanding that they are lagging behind in their quality of childcare services? You may 1 to visit more CCs before you finally decide where to put your child.

Hi Storeberry,

Yes its in in Yew Tee, at the CCK stadium in fact. There is also another CC there called the Mulberry. I visited the place and the place is pretty nice and cheery. The kids there seem to be very happy too and very vocal. I did not spend too much time for the assessment as I'm not looking for a CC, more of a playgroup for my son.

If u want, u may call Tumble Tots to see if you can attend a trial anot. u can also request for the weekend trial class - I did it the last time and ended up signing for the class.

Hi snowball32,

thanks for the useful info! *gosh* 600k for 155sqm CCK EA is expensive.. around 700k for a 215sqm still ok (we have 7 ppl *faint*),but really depends on the unit itself and my MIL.

Hi lynn, actually I also super kiasu. My boy next year then need to register for primary school, I now already start looking at cck area! ;)

storeberry
yuppies, the tumble tots is at CCK swiming pool near to yew tee :)

veronlim
hehehe. i think when it comes to primary school, i will be even worst bcos i so worried that cannt get into the sch!

re: infant care
ani mummies put their babies into infant care? my maid is giving me lots of problem and would like to consider infant care. but my dad is very againist it. but would like to still check out o the infant care. but tight budget bcos dun earn much an am a single mum.
from the web i saw there's a greenery childcare centre and also early learning centre. any feedback?

Hi Mummy,

Just came back from a short biz trip and super stressed with my son and all. During my absence, my dad doted too much on my son until I think he is spoilt. Anyway last week was a big change in his life. Just started school, said goodbye to our maid who had taken care of him all his life until now, then his mum (aka me) went away for a few days.

Now my son keeps crying when he cannot get things. I ignored him but inside my heart pains for him. Every morning he will cry when going to school. Mummies, please help!! Last week when I was not around, he ran away from school! Still remembered to take his shoes from the shoe hole and ran to the car park to find my husband!

Then my husband told me there was this mummy glancing at my son and said "wah liao so noisy"

Fainted!

Hi Ashley,

When my DDs started their CC, they also throw lotsa tantrums to get things their way & cried alot. Like my DD2, she even cried when she takes her bath at home after she comes back from CC. My MIL was very worried and I feedback to her CC teachers. They reverted that she was doing really fine at CC and enjoyed her shower time. We were glad to hear that.

This is part and parcel of phasing into CC, I guess.

Do feedback to his teachers on his reactions at home for them to monitor his behaviour at CC. Do also monitor if he has nightmares at night when sleeping. For my DDs, they were still happy when they comes back from CC and did not have any nightmares. So, we are quite reassuring that they are doing fine in CC.

Now that my DD2 has fully settled into CC, those funny behaviours are getting lesser.

hi mummy, i am new to this thread but have a daughter turning 3yo this july. i am looking for suggestions on a new childcare to potentially transfer her to cos the current one seems a little problematic.

she is now with MMI ten mile for their nursery class. i just transfer her from half a day to full day on 1 march but she has been there since her playgroup days last october.

when she was in playgroup, she's very happy and so were hubby and me. since she went to nursery, and gone on full day, i am starting to get annoyed with a few things. before going through those things, i wish to disclaim that the center is indeed clean and bright and the environment is conducive. SOME of the teachers there are nice, the chief administrator there APPEARS nice but sometimes, I don't get the feeling that she's genuine, feels quite surface.

so here's my gripe since 1 march after putting her on full day in nursery:

1. on 2 occassions she came home in her shorts without her panties. there were 2 extra clean panties in her bag that the teachers can change her into but when she came home, the clean panties were still in there while her butt only wore shorts.

2. they like to use permanent markers to indicate the child's name etc on her belongings WITHOUT consulting parents. there was one day, my daughter insisted on wearing her nice colette shoes to school and when she came home, her name was written in black marker on her inside sole. my hubby said they had fire drill that day so the teachers had to ensure all children's shoes were identified. is there no better way of identifying them instead of using a marker? now it becomes an eyesore and if i wanna give those shoes away, or sell them second hand, i can't. and its a nice and pricy pair of shoes (sigh)

3. my helper ties her hair every morning and sometimes will wear her fave hairclips. todate, on one occassion, she has returned with someone else' hairclip and hers went missing and on another occassion, she had 4 hairclips when she went to school and only came home with 2. i learnt my lesson and asked helper to just use plain black rubberbands now and no more hairclips. so heart pain.

4. i had spent time and money to go queensway to embroider my daughter's name on her towel and bedsheet so it can be identified when we need to collect it back. just last week, we realised that the teachers used permanent marker to write her name on the bedsheet again, right smack in the middle of the bedsheet some more, is it really necessary?

5. we had pasted stickers on her milk bottle stating how much milk powder and how much water is needed for her intake, its big and clear and yet the teachers had to use permanent market (AGAIN!) to draw 2 lines on her bottle around the 6oz mark just for easier visibility. why?

all these i had written in the communication booklet and teachers have responded with the fact that they will take note but i still get rude surprises like these and honestly, for the recent price increase and the manner in which they are caring for my daughter, i am no longer sure if its worth paying this much for this kind of service levels. if i had to pay lesser fees, i will tell myself to close eyes cos there is a saying "pay peanuts get monkeys" but school fees is over $700 for full day now and i don't feel the above should be tolerated. am i over reacting?

any mummies have other cc to recommend me which has a nice spacious, bright environment that is clean? i visited the learning ladder opposite MMI ten mile last week but hubby didn't like the place as it was quite messy with materials strewn all over the compound.

so hard to choose a good cc isn't it?

Eunice

Hi,
Wah I don't think I can tolerate this.
My son is also in full day child care but I did not label any of his things. I'm very please with the teacher that she always pack my son's stuff nicely in his bag and I never encounter any of his stuff missing.

Thanks snowball, I guess I need to be more patient with him.
Relieved that my son is not the only one and I'm not the only mother who is stressed.

Thanks!

Hi Eunice,

For my daughters, initially, I put name labels onto their belongings. But, after a while the labels came off. So, I used permanent marker to write their names on the bottom of their milk bottles.

Never ever the CC use permanent markers to write their names on their shoes! This is not right. In addition, they always have their panties/ training pants on. This is basic hygiene

They do sometimes forget bring their items home. We will feedback to the CC the next morning and the CC teachers will feedback if they cannot find the missing items.

There are also times where they bring back other kids' items & we will return them the next day in a separate bag to the CC teachers.

Hi Eunice,

I am a mommy of 3 gals and fully understand what you are going through. Have faced the same situation as you before and stressed about it too.
biggrin.gif

1. I am shocked that your gal only wore her shorts when there is clean panties in her bag. But then, from my experience, I know that the children are usually the ones who dress themselves, not the teachers, after their bath time. So maybe you will have to 'teach' your girl that she will need to wear her panties under her shorts? Just remind her and also show her where you pack her panties and clothes. No point telling the teachers cos they will tell you, :"I one person got to look after so many kids, very hard for me to monitor all." Been there, heard that all before.

2. My 2 elder girls and attended a total of 4 different CC's. And so far, none of the CC's they attended have ever marked any of their shoes. I am shocked that they will need to do so. Since the childrens are already put in a cubby hole with their names. There is no need to mark the shoes then. Fully understand your frustration here.

3. My gals too have lost many hairclips, hair bands, etc. Whether its at the CC, Enrichment classes or elsewhere. So now I don't buy them any expensive clips. Any cheap ones will do. If I do get expensive clips, I keep those in my drawer and let them use only on weekends.

4. This is actually quite common. All 4 CC's my gals been to... the matress covers all have their names written in black marker right smack in the centre.
happy.gif

5. Experienced this before too. Actually I'm not too bothered by this as it makes sure that the teachers will make the correct amount for my gals. This is especially as they make the milk for all the toddlers at 1-shot. SO sometimes there can be many similar bottles and easy for the teacher to get mixed up.

At the end of the day, after much frustrations and stress too... my main concern is whether the teachers treat my girl well. Make sure her needs are met, she is well cared for and most importantly that she is happy at the CC. Other then that, I cna live with the minor irritants. hahahah...

Ashley,

my boy also have funny behaviour when he just started school 1.5yrs ago. After he come hm he will go to his rm and throw the soft toys on the flr. after like 1 wk or so he is ok liao and back to normal.

Eunice,

my boy school do sometime mix up things or things gone missing. There was 1 time in 3 days alot of things went wrong cos my boy form teacher was not that and this teacher who took over is super blur. My boy lost his uniform. My boy uniform have a bear on it so the form teacher keep a look out. As she say she cant find it in shcool and no parent return them. few days later she call me say 1 kid wear my boy school uniform to school and the teacher recongise that is belong to my boy..

Hi Dymples/ Jappooh,

Sama sama here for my DDs. Just 2 days back, some kids took my DD2's milk bottle home and his parents return it the next day.

My gals broke a few hairbands already and lost many of their hairclips. Now, I also buy those cheap ones for them to wear to the CC and keep the more expensive ones for weekend's use.

For milk bottles, the teacher did not make any markings on their milk bottles as I have indicated in the milk powder container the qty to make. So far, this works well.

There are also times where they forget to bring their belongings back which my hubby is grumbling.
But, to me, I also feel that so long as my kids are happy at the CC and the teachers treat them well, I can tolerate such minor irritants.

Snowball32,

ya i agree as long as my boy is happy in school i am ok. Is my MIL who keep complainting to me say the school this and that.. Cos she is the one who bring him to school. but i have to explain to my MIL that 1 teacher to so many kids we cant expect to have 1 to 1 attention as like at hm. So far my boy in the school for 1.5yrs liao. i am ok with the school.

Jappooh, Snowball,

Hahahah... *hi-5* mommies. Guess going to CC is all the same lah. Sure got things the school does that irritates us. But I'm already sssoo stressed and busy at work, that at end of day, I no strength to argue about such things liaoz. Just wanna faster bring my gal home and ZZzzzz... *lol*

Kinderland,
*aarrgghh* I registered for my #3 for their PG class end of last year for intake in July this year. Just check with them last week and they told me class is full! Need to wait till they open new class next year! *faintz* Now seriously considering Mulberry. But I worried if my 18-months gal can 'sit' in the bus? Anyone's toddler going there? Do you all take the school bus? Help... I need to find CC soon cos can see that my dad is really tired from taking care of my #1 and #3.

Hi,, how old is the minimum age for PG huh? My gal oredi 5, delivering again soon :p

My gal attended full day CC @ Learning Vision at Sunshine Place at 4YO. I find the school alrite for PG/Toddlers & Nursery students.

She's 5 now, full day CC @ MMI Ten Mile. I like their curriculum and their discipline style. So far so good.

My gal said at LV, if u wanna ask for more food, they told her no more. At MMI they will give when she asks for more. Food-wise MMI has more variety also. Toilet-wise, LV has shower curtains & MMI has no curtains. The administrator explained that curtains are not approved actually at CCCs as they need to see the kids. LV teachers tend to give children more sweets than MMI. At the entrance of LV, there is a little basket with sweets so the children can take whenever they want!! MMI no sweets except when there are birthday parties & parents give our party packs.

Addy,
PG class start from 18-months. My #3 is now 16-months, so got another 2-months to go before she can start Full Day CC. Besides Mulberry, I'm also considering My First Skool. Dunno is it good or not.

Thanks for your feedback on LV. Was also looking at that. I'm ok with no shower curtains.. but sweets is definately a "no-no" for me. Feels like they are 'bribing' the kids to come to school. hahahaha...

Any mommies here got feedback on My First Skool? Good or not? How's their curriculum?

Hi Dymples,

Haa...haa....yalor. My DD2 sings alot at CC and she still sings when she goes home. The principal feedback she starts to get very chatty at CC.

I heard that My First Skool at Blk 603 got quite good feedback. But, Storberry mentioned that they only got 6mths license.

Cirriculum wise - Still cannot beat other CCs in the area.

Mayb U wanna visit the Centre to see if you like it there.

Addy,
Yah. NOwadays must register early in order to get a place in CC. I know of some mommies who will register once they know they are preggie. hahahah... Singaporeas too KS lah.

Snowball,
*lolz* My #2 also comes home singing almost everyday. I find some of the songs very cute also leh.

Thks for the info on My First Skool. Actually I'm looking at the one located at Blk 212. The license for this branch is for 24-months. Thinking of going by tomorrow to have a look.

Gosh.. I better check out fast!! Do share your feedback for My First Skool too ya.

BTW, any mummies have any recommendation for swimming lessons for children? I heard the CCK Stadium pool is very packed thus i would prefer somewhere not so packed.

Hi Dymples, the one at Blk 212 is good I think cos they also have music lession as enrichment. For 18 months old, even if they accept the child to take school bus, I think you'd better not, just wait a few months until she is at least 2 years old. Just my view
happy.gif

My boy is ok now. So far I'm happy with Mulberry, especially his teacher.

I don't know Kinderland at CCK is that good cos heard a lot of negative comments from a different thread or forum.

Ashley,
Thanks for the info. Wow! If got music enrichment together will be good. Just like Kinderland's curriculum. Will definatley go check out My First Skool then.

Yah.. I'm also worried about her taking the school bus. But no choice leh. I don't like any of the other CC's that is within walking distance from my place. Plus, got family politics brewing at home. Dunno for how long more my dad is able to help take care of my gal. So I need to source for a CC urgently. Haiz...

My #2 is currently with Kinderland CCK and so far so good. I can see improvement in her maths and chinese skills. Most important my gal is happy there. But the school fees really siong on my pocket lah. Every month nearly $700 for Full Day care. Somemore AFTER subsidy hor. *faintz*

Hi Addy,

Since your #1 is in MMI, didn't u consider putting your #2 there also?

Hi Dymples,

Oh dear, thot your dad dots on your #3 and reluctant to let her go CC. Actually, I am glad that we sent our DDs to CC finally. Do not really need to rely on home help and subj to such "family politics". My MIL still miss my 2 gals and go to fetch them home from CC almost everyday since she shifted back to her own place. Guess she prefer this arrangement lor.

Yes, the CC fees is a killer on our pockets...We are paying more than $1k for both our DDs every mth.

For My 1st Skool, fees after subsidy is ard $300 I think. But, do not expect the kinda cirriculum like pte CCs.

Hi Snowball32..

Yes of course. But I will only consider CC when they are at least 3, unless bo bian. At the moment prob can plan for 2-3 hrs PG 1st.

Hi Dymples,
Yes the fee is really killing our pocket. Actually around CCK-YT there is not much choice. Coming from another country where preschool is spacious and outdoor playground is so big, at first I was kind of drawn back from the type of HDB flat cum school here. Anyway, no place is perfect, got good and bad things. As long as my child is happy, enriched and well taken care of, I think it's fine with me.

Snowball,
yah... My dad dotes my #3 very much. To be exact.. He's spoiling her and over indulging her. That's why I kena family politics lor. Before the volcano erupts, I'd better start planning alternative care liaoz. So sad hor. Boh pianz when you got green eye monsters in the family.

Ashley,
I know wat you mean. I too was kinda shocked at the child care set-up when I returned from Australia wz baby in tow. Oh well... This is the lifestyle here due to land shortage. No choice yah.

Hi Addy,

My DD1 used to attend 3-hr PG prog at Blk 632A (Agape Student Care Ctr). You can read my comments in earlier postings.

Hi Dymples,

When my MIL was staying with us to help look after my kids, I also have sama pblm that she dotes on them too much. I interfere too much she also unhappy. I get hb to intervene also not so nice. Family politics....haizzzz

Hi Ashley,

In fact, I even consider sending my kids to Pat's Schoolhouse (near my workplace) - low teacher-child ratio and big compound for the kids. But, fees is really atrocious (about $1.3k after subsidy per child). 2 kids will cost us almost $3k!So we settled for a CC in between lor.

Hi Snowball,
I used to consider Pat's too. Actually around my workplace there are quite a lot of so called big schools, and of course big school fees. But I'm not driving so I don't want my son to travel such long distance on a crowded MRT in the morning. Plus, like you said, the fee is really HUGE! I don't think it matters much anyway. We try to bring him to parks every weekend.

Hi Dymples,
Understand your situation at home cos my parents both doted on my boy a lot too. Cos he is the first and only grandchild for now. Hb doesn't like that very much....

Dymples: I tried to put ont he reserved list when he is 2yrs old for My First Skool when I called them but the principal said can't, told me its too far off. And I need to call back eveytime if I want to be put on waiting list. But after checking this mth they are still on 6mths licence, am really wondering if there is a problem or not....

Agape is having open house this sat. They will wavied the $100 registration fee. The timing for the PG is abit weird 1145-145pm, I prefer the morning session, I might try out Startots at 5XX.

Anyone have experience with Ichiban montessori?? Heard they have PG as well. So difficult to find a gd PG that is near cos I might need my mil to send my boy on some days so cannot be too far away.

Back