Chin Leng, PLS TAKE NOTE!!!

I am quite new so my suggestion may not be workable.

I like BP because I feel sometimes we really get good buys. But I know most of the members or Chin Leng's concern. That is these members should not earn anything out of it or be a business owner.

Perhaps we should only allow 1 time BP. I notice some members keeps on repeating the BP. It's a natural thing we will wonder these members may benefit from the BP. I believe some do and some may have bought stocks themselves and claim BP.

If we ban the BP totally, we will disappoint members who genuinely hoping to get good buys here.

I guess it will be a tough decision to ban BP or not.. Just hope mommies be careful. Sometimes nice things cannot resist, u just cannot help but BUY.

I know it's not fair to ban BP altogether. So, let's just monitor the items being sold and that the organizer of the BP does not do a repeat often.

Well, I hope the regular mummies here don't start throwing stones at me for suggesting banning BP. When I mentioned it earlier, I did feel a sense of regret because some of the stuff are really sweet and worthbuy.

janet,
dun think its fair to let
"only mummies who organize sprees from Gymboree, ON and Children's Place from US can continue"

there are sum ple who even profit from these.
eg: recently gymboree having gymbucks promo.
US50 spend will get gymbucks US25. redeemable at next purchase.
so the ple who organise such spree actually get to keep the gymbucks? unless they decide to distribute back the the mums who join the spree by giving them a discount for the current purchase.
some of the spree can accumulate 3figure gymbucks. which is alot.
just my 2cents.

personally, I know there are many mums who do BP sincerely to share good lobangs with other mums. cheers to them.

Dadlovebb, i agree with you. my sis she normally bought my bb and her children's clothing from babycentre or Gymboree, she did told me that she have gymbuck $$ or further discount to be redeemable in the next purchase. so everytimes we purchase , we will have abit discount . By organsing this they actually did earn abit from this.
If not they will not be so free to organsing this spree , furthermore it very troublesome. you have to worry that whether when the clothing will reach Vpost or when it going to be send out. Whether it will get lost during delivery and etc.

Janet,
To close the BP , i do not agree with you. cos i find that i can find new interesting products and can purchase at a good discount which you cannot get in the market. If they do earn abit , i find it ok. cos organsing this BP take some time . It actaully win win at both side for buyer or organiser / seller.

this is my point of view.

<font color="0077aa">Happy Mum</font>,
Actually, it's not fair to ban BP altogether because there are ladies who really bring in sweet clothing for kids. Organizing a spree or BP isn't easy because there are risks involved like arrival of stock.

In any case everyone, do accept my apologies for suggesting banning BPs.

Janet
No, you get the wrong idea liao. Organisers from the sprees do NOT get cash refund from all the sprees at all. Only get some kind of discount voucher from the 1st purchase. Its for you to use it on your the next purchase. So, i believe many mommies will share the discount vouchers (eg.gymbucks) with the same ppl who ordered from the 1st spree to benefit the discount on the next one. usually the small discount is used to cover the shipping costs.
happy.gif

Old Navy or GYmboree's purpose is to make you buy from them again, that's why they issue you discount voucher mah!

hi ladies,
just thought I should point out that the gymbucks thingee was only given recently. Think they restarted this promotion only a few days ago. So not true that all orders earn gymbucks.
happy.gif

Mrs Shim,
Thanks for the clarification. I guess it's just like credit card points right ?

Talking about Old Navy, the salt coloured canvas shoes are now USD$5. You not keen, Mrs Shim ?

Janet
Really? Who is organising the ON spree? Do you want to get them too for USD5?

Tuffy
Thanks for the highlight.
happy.gif

Mrs Shim,
I saw this green dress, but really have to control my spending liao. Since the pair you bought for Kyla is too small, that's why I thought of you when I saw ON having sale for the salt coloured one for just USD$5.

Jessie,
Now that you brought up, I realized there have been an increase of new users here and most of them come in posting items for sale.

Thanks Chin Leng!

Glad to see that you have removed her threads,though she has signed in with many different IDs and keep selling in the name of organising BPs.

I delibrately posted to one of her threads,whenever she responded and reacted, it only exposed more of her.

Sorry to mention the other forum in your forum under that particular thread.I am not trying to advertise for them.,i am just trying to expose her.

Thanks again.Your action and decision not only cleared my name,but also cleared another member's name in an earlier thread that was removed.
happy.gif

Truth shall prevail.

Hi Chin Leng,

She is back selling with a new userID again!

With your experience,guess it won't be too hard to spot her new threads. This time round, she has taken extra steps to avoid being exposed again though.

Business in here must be so good that she keeps coming back here, and semi-abandoned her business with another forum.

Regards.

Christina/Jessie,
Do you realize there are some ladies who come in, 'flood' the forum with many items to sell and suddenly go MIA ?

Hi Janet
May be it's not that they suddenly go MIA.Supposed it's because CL has removed their threads after confirming that they are doing business here.

But usually within a day or two, they will come in with a new ID to sell. Sometimes,they even create a new 1-post ID just to mislead/confuse others or speak up for them.

They will aslo phrase their posting carefully, like it's clearing thier own clothes,hepling somebody to clear, orgainsing a BP,ask members to PM them for pictures...... etc.

As a regular and active member here, I guess it's also not hard for you to spot these sellers right?

Christina,
Asking interested members to PM them for pictures is very common, just like helping 'friends' to sell some excess stuff. After a while, you know who is doing biz here.

Janet,
You can checkout the original prices at www.polo.com in US$. You will be even more shocked. It is like asking why people will spend thousands of dollars buying Louis Vuitton bags. Those who can afford it apparently think it is worth it.

Tamarind,
Regarding the thread above, if we do not encourage biz here, mummies have to co-operate too by not encouraging. Otherwise, nothing much can be done.

Janet,
I agree with you. Actually people who can afford those prices, should just walk into any Ralph Polo shop to buy the clothes, instead of buying from a source whose authenticity is questionable.

Tamarind,
If I can afford to pay $45 for a Ralph Lauren item, I would find it more shiok to walk into a boutique to buy it.

hands up n legs up.... totally agreed with Janet.
You r the best, Janet!
bounce.gif

I would walk n shop in the boutique too....

Some of the threads are so cleared cut that they are selling n doing business here in the marketplace. Guess Chin Leng is having a hard time clearing them, as u always find new members coming in with the same tricks in another nickname. Neverending for Chin Leng.

Come on, ladies. Don't you agree ? If I have the money to spend on branded stuff for myself or children's clothes, I walk into the boutique and buy. Really shiok feeling being served well &amp; most important is knowing I am buying authentic stuff.

Don't get me wrong, I don't feel short-changed buying from this forum too. In fact, I'm so lazy now because I get to buy nice and unique things from this motherhood forum and get to know more mummies at the same time.

Hi Janet, i don't think can buy RL kid's dresses with only $45 in the store! Maybe that's why people buy from other sources!

Sharon,
Those other sources may not be authentic. If you checkout www.polo.com, there is a sale now and a dress is selling at US$39.99 or S$63. Personally if I am so brand conscious, I certainly don't mind paying $20 more.

Sally,
The seller who sabo you as seller coming to change her price is back to sell under a new ID again. Are you aware? Can you spot which threads are hers?
wink.gif

In fact this is her 3rd new ID since you alerted other mummies,and got sabotage by her.

Hi Janet, in fact i feel that those who are looking for biz here will ultimately give up coz the threads run so fast &amp; not many members are able to see their messages!

Also, with the help of so many members to look out for Chin Leng, how can their biz survive here!
happy.gif

Sharon,
Sellers are very intelligent the way they post their threads and very careful the way they phrase. Threads do run fast here, so they keep 'reposting'. Once any member responds, the seller will find a way to continue using email to liase with interested mummies.

Yes Tamarind, i think if those die-hard RL fans are able to get from USA, think they won't mind paying $20 more!

As for me, i don't like to buy online, still prefer the old fashion way, must see &amp; feel especially buying clothes!
happy.gif

Yes Janet hence i admire members who are able to track the biz owners!

But it is good to email Chin Leng directly rather than post here coz normally members whom didn't notice the 'ads' will eventually see them in this thread! If majority people were to read posts via Last 12/24/72 hours, this thread is on top of other threads! For eg: i didn't know there is someone selling RL stuffs till i see the link on top!

Just a suggestion!
happy.gif

Sharon,
I must like the item very much to buy online. Like yourself, I must see, touch and preferably compare when buying clothes for myself, hubby and kids. HaHaHa. If the items are branded &amp; cost more than $15, all the more I must see personally.

Back