Child Adoption

Hi bigss, there is one page in the hsr report that states medical report and there are specific items they are looking for so just print it n bring to any gp n tell them u need the report to submit for hsr n they will test accordingly. Blood test taken at the gp will be sent to recognised labs for testing n after that just submit that together with hsr

Eli, yes its to be submited with hsr if you hv missing doc they also wont proceed till they see full set docs loh so might as well do it well n make sure nothing missing when u submit hsr
Just call up your hsr accredited centers n check if in doubt loh

Hi all, so glad to find more families here on the same rewarding journey as my hubby and I.
happy.gif
Am in the midst of our HSR application and almost done except still waiting for medical screening report and house valuation report. Has anyone here done a HSR with SBL Vision before? And do you have any good adoption agencies to recommend after? Thanks so much. Big hugs to all the mommies and daddies also going through this process, it's really tough but so worth it when end of day we all have a child to love!

Hi.hi.. For those that adopted through agency, does they provide the services of applying for the dependant pass and the family court matters? Looks like a hassle from the mcys website.. Please advise.. Thanks

so happy Mcys will be submitting my report for final
Court clearance. Hope to get my court order in oct...

Jass: yes they will help to do all those. Plus they will get the lawyer to help us with all the court order

Hi. For the certificate of no Criminal Records, does the appointed Voluntary welfare organisation helps to obtain on applicants behalf?

Wow.... I have been busy with my meatball going 4 months old... tomorrow the MCYS officer will be visiting my house.... so excited... Hopefully everything goes smoothly....

Jass: Medical check up just go any clinic can le and bring along the form tell doctor that you need to do a full body check up for adoption case.. I did my at Raffles Clinic... My hubby also got history in IMH so my case also delay for HSR report and IMH take their own sweet time to prepare the report for Touch... my case was delay about 3 months before i got my HSR report.

hi wendy, "meatball" is the cutest nickname ever! haha.

i'm a little confused with the procedure of HSR and the home-check/interviews. once we submit all the paperwork, how many interviews will we have to have before official HSR approval?

Jass : for Hsr which agency are u using ? Is the criminal record a new req? We didn't hv that just declaration form.
But in case if you need to do it, it will be at cantonment police post the call it 'certificate of clearance' this doc is required for those who plans to immigrate to other countries or when they try to apply pr overseas. Just to certify that you hv no criminal records in Singapore

Wendy : sooooo happy for u.mine just turned 6 mths started shaking his butt at five months.He had high fever last week which freak us out. Thankfully he was able to shake his butt now haha

heartofhope: no choice he is my meatball at 3.5 mths old he weight 7.1kg!!! HSR is one interview at their office 1 is together with hubby and then separate you guys up and interview individually. then another one is Home Visit...

BellsBells: mine turn 4 months at 12/09 mine got fever when he got his 2nd jab but last for 4-5 hours only cause i stick the cooling pad on his forehead and take medicine. Doctor give me cause she predict normally baby will have fever. and he is going for his 3rd jab on 12/09.... i felt he is growing up too fast i kinda miss his newborn size =(....

Hi everyone, a friend of ours wants to adopt a child but the husband has criminal record before and jailed abt. 1 yr, when he was 20yo and mixing with bad companies and lack of maturity, etc....

Any questions on criminal records asked in the HSR? Must we declare it cos it's donkey years ago and now the husband is in his 40's and a 'changed' man? Thanks!

Hi can I check with those who have attend office interview, is it after we attend it and they will call us to the office back for brief meeting is that true.

@wendy
Hope MCYS visit went on smoothly.

Hi Ladies,
I see some new req for HSR, now. I can understand the stress. When we did HSr, we just declared about the criminal record stuffs, as part of the HSR doc. We dint go to any police station for it.

People going for medical check for HSR, please try getting it done with ur regular family GP. this might be a Q during the interview. I think, my interviewer asked me, about it &amp; also, if its ur regular GP< he would know about past medical histoty better. Normally, Medical report forms a part of the HSR completion doc. Please furnish the report along with HSR. I was told that is the docs are not complete, they might not process the HSR.

Also, for those thinking about the Dependant pass..Yes the agency normally helps with the document filing with MCYS for Dependant pass ( some agencies hold the babies BC &amp; ppt, so they bring those docs to MCYS during filing). As for the court Matters, until the last part of getting the final adoption order from the court, the adoption agencies have their regular lawyers through whom, they normally deal with adoption matters. The $fees that we pay to the adoption agencies, incl the legal fees ( please check with your agency first)

@bensonho
I dint understnad your Q? sorry. I attended the office interview. I don't remember going again to the office for any kind of meeting. The total time for the meeting / interview would take 3-4 hrs. Please be ready
happy.gif
couple together jointly 1 hr, couple separate -each 1 hr+ (varies from case to case)

Bell.. I am not clear if it is a new requirements but now it is stated in mcys adoption web

No Criminal Records certificate request will be done by vwo.. U just need to paid the fees of $45 and the certificate will be mailed to you in two weeks and need to submit to vwo..

Jass i was wondering do u have to go down personal to apply for the criminal records or we can request over the phone or at nieghood post....thanks

just to update... ytd my officer came late and we had almost 2 hours of chat lolx!!! Finger cross for report...

SunshineDay: any criminal records must declare... it is written on the HSR form and even interview also will talk about it.. I was sent to Girl's home in my teenage years also got to declare...

bensonho: my office interview is in one day but we need to go back again cause got IMH involve so they want to talk about the cause of the report.. if not others Govt ppl involve then i dont think they will ask you go back for interview again.

they as stuff in HSR and sometimes diff thing like how is your hubby character when u not infront of him.. and how are you going to handle or take care of the baby... and some sensitive question.

But dont worry... just answer straight no issue de

ladies, need your help. for those ppl who have problem filing up the form for submission of HSR. Can they ask the agent to help to assist?

Eli, the few agents I called up would only take up our case after we clear our HSR. You can try asking them for help but I doubt they will help. A lot of the questions in there are personal. Just answer honestly and to the best of your knowledge. If the information given is not clear, they will probe further during the office interview to clarify whatever doubts they have.

Project A: Thanks, reason I am asking is. I am helping my relative to apply and they do not really understand English &amp; I have a hard time trying to explain to them the 13 pages of question and direct them to the answer. It took me 2 hours per session helping help a few time. Also their refences do know know English &amp; also came to ask me to explain.

Hello... If the child is born in Malaysia and adopted in Singapore.. What will be the country of birth in the Singapore birth certificate?

Hi all,

I am new to this tread. Was introduced to this tread by one of my friends who has adopted.

Really encouraging to see so many mummies who are so happy with their bb.
I am also embarking on the journey of adoption now. submitted HSR. first interview next week....

I am also waiting eagerly for all these processes to complete and I can contact Lotus for matching.(Frd introduce me to Lotus which she has approached)

Any idea what is their waiting time now b4 they attend to your case?

Hi Jass, U also doing HSR now?
Which stage are u at now?
Which agency are u doing it with?

Btw, I saw in your previous post that we need to pay $45 for to retrieve our criminal record, if any,
the price is for 2 person or 1 person?

@jass : u wanted to know the cost for retrieving records at IMH, the cost is $36/per couple.
My agency retrieve it on my behalf, I just pay $36 to them

Back