Carpe Diem Childcare resort @ Punggol?

Hi blurqu33n and Britix,

I've registered my son at CD yesterday. He'll be starting on 19 May for a 2 weeks trial. If everything goes well, he'll continue on half day childcare for the rest of this year.

Hi

Am also thinking of sending my boy to cd.

Mattsmummy,
May I know what are the hours for 1/2 day childcare? Do they provide transport?
Can I also know how much it cost after subsidy.

Thanks so much!

Hi MomMe,

for 1/2 day morning, it is from 7.30am to 1pm. But classes only start from 9.30am so between 7.30am to 9.30am, it is arrival and breakfast time.

1/2 day fees are $495 before subsidy of $150 so works out to be $355 after subsidy.

2-way bus transport is $92 within Punggol and 1-way is $72. I think Sengkang costs a bit more.

hi mommies,

i'm thinking of sending my daughter to half-day childcare, and i'm looking for a centre that allocates a lot of play into the curriculum, preferably supervised free play.

i'm hoping you'd share with me if you feel that your children get a lot of play opportunities at carpe diem? i mean, do they get to run around in the big field, do they get to play in dirt, etc.

the reason for this is that my daughter currently attends a 2.5hr kindergarten (N2) and when she's at home, she still looks very restless. it's as if she has all this pent-up energy inside her that she just doesn't know what to do with. she's not interested in colouring, tracing and stuff like that, because i think she does all those in school already.

Hi all mummies out there,

I'm sending my 30 mth old son to CD starting fm 2 Jun.
Really praying v hard that he will adapt well there.
Currently he is attending a 2hrs playgroup. Though he has been there for almost half a yr, he will still cry when I left him.

wow!
welcome all mummies to this thread.

MomMe, what mattsmummy said is correct wrt the bus fares. sk costs about $20 more.

grace, cd punggol has a nice big field belonging to them, and that is what drew me there in the first place. I find that CD really dedicate a lot of play esp in the toddlers and nursery classes. They'll go outdoor almost everyday if the weather permits as it emphasises on MI in its curriculum.

xxqkcl, I think i know u leh. I'm your neighbour if i'm not wrong.. hee...

Apart from the fact that the school can get a bit disorganised and disorientated at times, and the occasional mosquito bites, I think my gal still benefits from it holistically.

Hope it helps.

blurqu33n,

haha, bingo! U'r right... I'm yr neighbour.

Really hope Mat will really adapt well n fast... n with Jerlyn jie jie ard, think he will feel more secure.... haha...

hi mummies,

just went for a tour of the centre this morning. quite impressed in the sence that it was massive, looks promising.

but the centre manager is nicole?

Hi,
Read that Bitrix's dotter is in N1 this yr? My dotter too. She is in N1 this yr too, her name is Annika. what's urs? Sometimes she will come home rattling out her friends' names in school, like Kaydee, Raynessa, Chong Yi etc...
happy.gif
And when you ask her how many frens she has in sch, she always has the same answer... 10!! Wakakakakaka.

xxqkcl, hee... ya, hope mat can adjust beta with jeryn on the bus... beginning is always difficult, just to have bear with it.. it took jeryn 3 weeks to get adjusted...

rosnyus, i think the centre manager is a temp one from HQ. This is what I understand. If can't find her, can always get Tr Debbie, who's the assistant centre IC, and also an N2 tr...

sunshinekid, u r right. bitrix's daughter is in N1, one of my neighbour's kid and my godson also in that class. Heard that N1 is splitted into 3 classes now due to the big enrolment, so maybe annika's class is always at 10 coz that's her group?? hee hee...

good good, seems like this thread is not only me, bitrix n awl only. let's keep it going!
My buddy n I have also created a facebook group-carpe diem punggol, for mummies/daddies whose kids are there, so do join us if u r keen!

Cheers!

Hi blurqu33n,

my son is enjoying school and we're so surprised that he is adapting so well. He came down with a mild flu last week but was still jumping and hopping around
happy.gif

Hi Hi,

Tdy is my DS 2nd day at school... He enjoys the bus ride to school with Jeryn n another neighbour kid.
But both days, he cant make it on the way home... he cried all the way fm sch back to home. Think partially Jeryn jie jie isnt ard w him...
happy.gif

and also cos he caught me peeping at him at sch n tdy he even ran to me n keep telling me "back home", "take backpack" n "shoes"...
So heartache... but still i forced him to take the sch bus back home...
He will have to adapt to it...
Hope he will settle down soon...

mattsmummy, glad to know ur son is enjoying school! I think he is really those very adaptable and independent type!

xxqkcl, I think he's already very steady and good that he didn't cry when boarding the bus on his very 1st day there! ya, heartache when u c him crying, i cried the other time when i heard jeryn screaming for me.. no choice.. test us... but have to do it...he will settle down soon once he knows it's a routine for him...

hope all have a great weekend!

hi xxqkcl,

is yr son in the toddler class or N1? My son also takes the sch bus home on his own. Maybe they are on the same bus.

hi mummies,

good to see that we're expanding our little community here.

The beginning is always tough. have to let them cry and learn that crying will not change anything. They will need to learn to survive on their own. once they adapt, it's a out of sight out of mind situation.

Do keep us posted. Have a great week ahead.

hi mattsmummy,

my DS is in N1 - half day.

Last fri onwards, my DS started to cry when he saw the sch bus n refused to get on the bus.

This am, he refused to go down to take bus n when I told him the bus is here, he already started tearing n held my hand so tight. No choice, but to force him onto the bus. Auntie was carrying him but he broke away from the auntie n fell down in the bus. Dun noe if he has hurt himself. I tried to hold my tears when I saw him screaming n crying.

Now back at home, I cried. My heart so ache.

Li Lao Shi called me n said Matheaus is doing fine at school tdy. No injuries fm the fall in the sch bus.
At least, he is not crying n playing with his classmates. N can see him smiling.
Hearing this makes me feel less guilty n sad.
happy.gif

But he has a problem eating his lunch at school. Simply refused to take the lunch. He rather takes his bisuits that I packed in his bag. Breakfast still ok.
How to make him eat the food at school le?

hi xxqkcl,

I think just give your boy some time, I'm sure he'll learn to adapt gradually. One thing I've observed is that the teachers and even the bus auntie are very experienced in handling the kids. They'll pay more attention to the new kids to make sure that they adapt well. The other thing I like is the regular updates they write in the comms book so at least I get to hear about how my son is doing in school.

awl! U r back.. hee... school hols so a bit more free is it? hee....

xxqkcl, how about u not packing biscuits for him? I know it sounds a bit cruel, but could it be coz he knew there are biscuits? maybe without it, and after sometime he is more acquainted with his frens, he'll start eating just like they do! no hurry no hurry...

I did think of it...

Actually i din ask the teacher to give him biscuits but they said it is him who ask for it. I doubt the teacher can understand wat he is saying. My DS cant speak v well le...

anyway, probably will do that when he is more settled down. Cos now when he is not eating there, he jus sit there n look v restless.
So with some biscuits for him to munch, he is occupied...
happy.gif
then at least more cooperative when taking the bus home.

Tdy he came back n i ask him wat he eats at sch... he replied porridge. But i doubt he takes lor...

hi blur, you're right, more free during the hols.

hey mummies, go easy on the biscuits and sweets. My gal just went for a filling today cos of a case of bad tooth decay. Also, must start tooth brushing with floride toothpaste twice daily(min). I've learnt it the hard way.

awl, where did you bring her to?
I've booked a dentist app for jeryn also, at hpb, but the earliest is in July, so will have to wait till then.. I hope she will not have to do any filling leh....she already brushing twice daily, but the toothpast is non-fluoride type..

Oh no... I did plan to bring my DS to a dentist jus for a check but my hubby said he is too young n will scare him.
He is only brushing his teeth once a day cos in the am, it is so hard to make him brush his teeth. Will try to make him brush twice.
Tdy, I went to take a look at my DS at CD. He was enjoying himself. This makes me feel more at ease.
Jus hope next wk, he will do better when come to take the sch bus.

Hey Hey Mummies!

Have not been in this thread for a long time! Glad and happy to see more mummies joining this thread. It is a good sign indeed! This thread is back to active again!

I have rec'd updates that Mr Derrick Huang is now the New Center Manager for CD who has been in the Education industry for many years in both government and private companies.

Hi Sunshinekid, oh yes my daug Kelly has been mentioning Annika. She told me that Annika has taught her to dance shake shake bum bum dance... I was like huh?? and then she kept shake her bum kekekekeke...dun know how true?

Fyi, my daring son 19mths will be attending Todd class in 4 Aug. Hmmmm ... got to experience the separate anxiety again kekekeke...

Take care and have a great weekend! Cheer!

blurqu33n, I took Meg to a pedidontist, The Kid's Dentist at Camden Medical Centre upon PD recommendation. Her two front teeth had decay quite badly and was receding. I actually took her to a normal dentist at Kovan when she was abt 2.5yr when I first noticed that her teeth had chipped off but the dentist told me it was normal and that it was not tooth decay. However, Meg was not very cooperative then and the dentist did not really got to check her teeth, just a quick visual check. So cannot really blame her.

xxqkcl, good to know that your boy is beginning to enjoy school. He'll soon grow more attached to the school Dun worry. It's impt to start dental visit while they are young, to get used to it. do take him early, before the check up time for him to warm up to the place.

Bri, good to see that you're back. Ya.. the centre manager change again. I tot that Nicole Chew was a perm one. Was quite happy with a female centre manager, now a male one.

Hello All Mummies! Hope you have a good weekend!

Hey tks awl10,it is great to see this thread is active. I was busy with the facebook hardly have time to go to motherhood forum kekekeke....

Cheer! Take Care!

Hi Mummies, I would like to check if your kiddos are participating in the graduation concert in Nov. As my son is in the Todd class, I'm not sure if he'll be involved in a big way since he is so young. We're asked to pay $45 for costumes and $20 per ticket.

Hi mattsmummy,

I let my dd participate last yr when she was in Todd class. It was a gd exposure for her since that's her first time in stage. Till todate she still remembered that she has been in the stage dancing before. For Todd, their involvement very simple just sit along and play within themselves together with the tr. You can check with the teacher in charge of what role your son will be performing.

Personally both hubby and myself feel that it is a good experience for the kid to be in the stage performing so as to train their stage fright as well.

Cheer!

Hey Mummies/Daddies!

I would like to bring to your attention concerning the safety belt issue. I have reaslised that my dd was not buckle with seat belt when she board the bus. I have made 2 complaints to the CD and they advised will look into it. Well , we did see improvement but after few months the same issue happened again. All the kids in the school bus are not buckle with seat belt. Worst of all, this morning I was astonishement to learnt from my mum that the bus helper actually let my dd walked all the way to the end of the seat by herself and they then quickly shut the door and drove off. My mum practically have no chance to see my dd have seat belt on!

I called up Teacher Debbie to complain and there after went to CD and face to face talked with Derrick as we wanted him to address this issue seriously cos we cannot risk our little one with such reckless driver. I argue parent here to please check the school bus that your dd/ds take to make sure that their seat belt are buckle.

According to Derrick, there aren't much complaint about safety belt issue but he is glad that we feedback this to him. He will investigate this with the contractor/service provider and give us an update.

Therefore, I would appreciate parent to please voice out and make a statement to the CD if your kids seat belt are not buckle !

FYI, my dd is taking Mr Ong bus at 9am to CD.

Hey Mummies! Think we got to be a bit " hardworking" on this thread to keep it rolling kekekeke.

Fyi -DS has attended CD since last week. So far he is coping well. Keep finger cross! I only accompany him abt few hours for his first day and then went back home to standby.

He has phobia when sees bus every morning cos he knew that he is gg school so he will cry. But as usual, will forget abt it when reaches school. I hope he can adapt fast. Anyway, DD is in N1 so at least the TR can bring her to him if they really cannot handle.

Concerning the safety belt issue- I wonder if any mummy has the same issue as me? Derrick feedback that he is investigating this issue and now all the bus are in turn to change all the safety belt cos of the wear and tear issue. But they need to wait for their schedule time to change the safety belt so till now they are still using the old one but just to make sure the kids are buckle.

Cheer!

bitrix,

glad to see the your ds is adapting quite well. u are right. i think it's easier to have an elder one there first.

every morning it's my hubby bringing dd down to take the bus. he said he had no issues with the belts as they are always buckled up b4 the bus rolls off...

i've just brought dd to her first dental app. cheap and good. i'm quite surprised that the school dental centre at HPB can also handle kids of her age. but anyway, she did not resist or whatsoever, just open mouth and let dentist check. good set of teeth. no filling required. so dentist did some polishing... all in all, it only costs us $9!!!

hope the rest of the mummies and kids are fine!

Hi blurqu33n,

Wow glad that your DD is ok with the dental. Perhaps I should arrange one for my DD as well.If possible, can you provide me the detail of this dentist? I might consider to bring her there.

Oh yes long time never see awl10 respond. Hope she is doing well.

Cheer!

bitrix,

u can call up the School Dental Cenre at 64353782 to make app. It's located at HPB Level 4. 2-3 months is generally the wait time.. hope it helps...

i think awl must be busy with P6 work.. preparation for PSLE..

Hi blurqu33n, ok tks for the updates. Will check it out!

Kids got to wear red/white this friday for their national day sport activities!

Cheer!

Dear All,

I know this has been discussed.. But still need your advise and comments on Carpe Diem childcare service located at punggol. My girl is turning 18 months next month. Is the PG good? Hows the teachers there? Many Thanks for your comments

Dear Jo,

Welcome to this thread!

Fyi , both my DD and DS are in this childcare. Personally both hubby and myself like the school environment especially they have a big space for the kids to run about , playing facing the sea view.

As for the teacher, I do not have any complaint for them. They are caring, patience and will update you promptly especially for kid who just started the school due to the separation anxiety from the parent. I would say that the teacher over there can handle well with the kids.

Well to conclude, it will be better for you to personally go to the school and check it out which I believe you will be able to decide to let your gal attend CD or not.

Cheer!

Dear all,

I'm seriously considering registering my 28 month old gurl in CD Punggol but was hoping to get more feedback from current parents who have kids at the school (since one never knows what truly goes on behind those doors once we dropped off our kids?! :p) I'm very very glad to come across an updated forum here Many thanks.

I went last week to check out the place. Infrastructure wise I'm very pleased with it. That first time I went, all the children were having nap time so I could mainly check out place only.

However today I brought my daughter with my husband to check it out again to see the teachers, children's reaction to teachers as well as my girl's reaction as well. All seems good except for a few teachers here and there, which raised my concerns.

There is a Chinese teacher with the K1 group. She was yelling out fiercely throughout to the kids, no matter whether lesson time (writing characters) or rehearsal for the concert. It was terrible. I would personally dread to go school if my teacher was like this. Actually I appreciate strict teacher but this particular one didn't make me detect much love albeit the strictness. She seemed almost regimental. Quite scary.

The English teacher for todd class also seemed rather distant with the children. The teacher assistants looked great though. But Derrick said the teachers for tots class are likely to remain there while teachers for N1 to K2 will rotate each year.

The other teachers look ok though. Not much time to interact and also coz Derrick has not confirmed the teacher roster yet, I could not tell which teacher would be interacting with my kid next yr when she joins the N1 class.

But what I read from this thread seems to suggest the teachers are actually quite nice and caring, is this right? I would be very consoled to read this.

My gurl is currently enrolled in another childcare, Kampong Senang, in Hougang area. I stay in PR but brought her there coz they serve organic food and teachers overall caring but I had some issues hence looking at transferring her for N1 class.

Actually have more thoughts to share but realise this forum is open for viewing so waiting for FB acceptance first, perhaps we can discuss more over there since only parents can view?

Meanwhile, I'm wondering if any of the mothers here have children who are currently in tots class? Would probably be my daughter's group friends when she joins
happy.gif

Also, overall, most of you are generally happy and your child/ren are happy too? No complaints? My greatest fear is teachers who are not loving or look like hate their job kind! :p I've been looking quiet extensively. Surprisingly, many chilcare teachers dun seem to like their job very much. Quite sad. Sigh.

hi geniebaby,

welcome to the thread. my gal is currently in N2, and my boy is due to go in N1 next year. I am overall pleased with what the school is doing, its staff and curriculum.

I think there's no 'perfect' school in a sense that not everyone will 100% enjoy what they are doing everyday, we do have our moods. The trs are pretty stressed up over the concert coz i think it's really not easy having young kids to perform! haha! I think i will tear my hair out!

Once in a while, i do have some feedback/complaints but I will just converse with the relevant tr to find out more, and they are really approachable and open to suggestions (based on my personal experience)... I would think that the trs turnover rate are healthy, and many of the trs have been there for quite long... I've many frens (who are also primary school trs like me) who also have their children sent there, and we are generally happy....

u may wan to consider sending your child for trial and let her try it out first if u are not sure if it's really suitable...

I hope the above helps..

PS: I'm not sure if u r the one awaiting confirmation to join the group in FB? I'm actually the administrator for that group. But that group is actually not very active. haha... sleeping adminstrator. I can still add u in though..

Hi blurqu33n,

Thank you so much for your speedy response! Yes, I'm the one who requested for confirmation on FB :p Thought I could be more upfront over FB than an open forum :p

Oh, your boy will be going into N1 next yr! He would be in same group as my girl
happy.gif

The thing is, we have been asked to place a deposit to secure a place for next year. They have no vacancies right now. Hence the trial... I dunno. Probably that can only take place next year when my gurl is formally accepted. Hence my reason for feeling unnervy :p

But what you've said above is very true. Perhaps it was just a bad day that I caught the teacher. Indeed, prep for such events could be very trying. I actually feedback to Derrick about my honest concerns, since it is 90% chance we will sign up with the school. He did mention as well that parents feedback every now and then on the teacher's style as well. I'm also conscious that I'm probably not in the best position to make further comments, given my child is not enrolled yet. I guess I was just rather worried when I saw the regimental style consistently throughout during the time we were there.

But the fact that you mentioned the teachers are approachable and open to suggestions make me feel a lot better :p I guess I'm a nervous mum hahaha... oh dear. It took my girl quite a while to settle in her current school. Now we made the decision to change her and uproot her, I'm feeling hesitant. But as long as that is the teachers' attitude I think it's most important
happy.gif

Thank you so much for responding
happy.gif
I'm currently teaching in a poly on a part time basis
happy.gif
Would be nice to interact more once my girl starts formally next yr
happy.gif

Thanks a lot once again!

Hi wwmum, my son is 26 months old and currently in the todd class. I agree with blurqu33n that there is no "perfect" school cos' it really depends on what you are looking for. For me, the school environment and teaching style is the most important. So far I'm pretty happy with CD because I could see they my son enjoys school. We also see that the teachers genuinely care about the kids and really make sure they adapt well. Perhaps it's a good idea for you to go for a trial and experience the teaching style and enviornment before you make a decision?

hi geniebaby,

u r welcome! so we are both educators in a sense. but i must admit i dun really sit down and educate my dd at home coz i thot i should just let her do what kids at her age should do - fulltime playing....hee

i'd also placed a deposit for ds, hopefully to start in dec but still can't confirmed because of the full enrollment stuff. But for the price i'm paying at CD, I think what my dd received is very justifiable, if not more...

i can understand where you are coming from coz it's the 1st child, and a few of my frens are also nervy in sending their kids to childcare. as parents, we will want the best for them... but i think CD has more positive than negative 'traits' so far...

mattsmummy, glad to know your ds is adapting well to school. My boy n him, together with geniebaby's dd will be frens next year! but my ds is no angel. I jokingly told the trs there that i will expect a lot of complaints!

the trs there are mostly very frenly and every tr seems to know every child even when they dun teach them. I find them a warm family, and my dd enjoys school a lot coz she loves her trs a lot, even though she can tell me the trs are sometimes fierce and she get scolded. So far, she has not refused school because of trs, and I am happy to know that. I'm a terror teacher myself, but somehow the kids will know that trs are fierce for their own good, and they will still attend school! Heeheheeeee.....

how the naggy information helps... (now sch hols, i've more time to write more!) haha...

Hi mattsmummy and blurqu33n,

You have no idea how much comfort your comments bring me
happy.gif
I have a neighbour whose daughter is similar age as my dd, and she is going to check out the school too after hearing what has been shared here
happy.gif

Haha... educators... won't exactly call myself that :p More like messing around the minds of the youths oops :p

I agree with you on the FT playing bit though :p When I checked out some schools, some of the staff was proudly showing me how a 2yo could complete a maths WORKSHEET. Gulp. I was like ok...... it's ok. My dd can be bit slower but happier childhood is ok hahaha..... maybe she will blame me in future. But hey, the worries can come later. I guess :p

My dd is rather active. She is a very curious child, and loves outdoor and running around. Hence I thot the envt would be perfect for her. She's very sporty and sunshine kinda gal. Actually, more like tomboy :p She's quite sociable, that is my only bet that she will be able to adjust to a new envt. Felt quite bad I have to pull her out after a mere 7 months with the current school. Thats why was hoping to find one that could be more stable for her at least for nursery years.

Oh! I was told to pay the deposit too right, and was given the assurance will surely be enrolled as of current status leh. I'm going down tmrw morning to do up the paperwork and pay up cheque. I also agree the fee is very surprisingly affordable. Glad to know the quality is good too
happy.gif

Actually I also think discipline is impt, especially to start young. I was just concerned if the teacher is being strict or venting abit of personal emotions on the young children. Afterall, these are toddlers, not really older kids... hence my initial concern. But now I think as long as the teachers are open minded and it's an overall friendly envt, then we can always work things out. Communication is key lah. At my dd's current school, comms is very poor. Hence a lot of probs.

Haha... also having hols now :p So glad .....you start school next week though, blurqu33n? Hope you had chance to spend quality time with your kids this week
happy.gif
I love holidays time when can spend more time with them.... a treat :p

geniebaby,

i believe your dd will adapt well. not to worry, kids nowadays are really beyond our imagination!

this 1wk hols i didn't really spend more time with them as i was busy preparing for my gal's birthday celebrations both at school and at home this sun. not a big scale, but still quite a number of logistics to settle, to order this n that, to pack this and that, and to bake this and that... finally all logistics done. only waiting for things to arrive on sun and pay money liao..

nevertheless, i always love holidays, who dun right?

Hi Mummies,

am thinking of enrolling my 20months old to CD too! Went this morning... quite like the centre especially it spaciousness and the great outdoor. My concern is the mosquitoes... any mummy can share if your kids get mosquitoe bites constantly?

Btw, how do i join the group in FB? Can anyone add me?

Back