Bukit Batok/Bukit Gombak Mummies Club

Ladies, there isn't an active Whatsapp group chat that I am aware of. Shall we just chat here instead?? Otherwise we can create our own.

My boy is turning 15mo, staying in Bukit Batok West Ave 6.
I don't log on to the forums very often... Think it's better if we create our own. Maybe all the above-mentioned mummies can PM me your hp no. and I can start the WA chat?

GetawayJunkie, we're at West Ave 6 too! :)

hi all, I'm shortlisting CCs currently at bukit batok as well. My boy is 17 months old now. will be great if can add me to the Whatsapp chat. :) Thanks!

I am staying at batok west Ave 6. Went to several CC.
Carpe diem at batok central - not tht good compared to the one near swimming pool. Looks pretty old n there is a smell in the classrooms.
Childfirst @ Dunearn - looks really great and nice but location wise is not convenient. I'm sending my girl to CC at 21mth old n school bus don't seems to be a wise choice. Hence, did not consider this.
Mindchamps @ JTC - I like the structure! The staffs n students r very confident n I love it. But hubby find it to academic driven. Of coz, the cost don't come cheap.
Posso @ Big Box - looks big and great but compared to child first, I prefer childfirst as it's more structured. Posso still looks new n trying to structure it.
Carpe Diem near Batok swimming pool - a great place n structured. Sounds academic driven based on what was introduced. 2nd best choice as it's really new and clean.
MMI @ CSC - opt for this as the tour was really comfortable. Center manager is very nice and genuine. The place gives a very comfortable feel n less stress yet structured. Do not want my child to go through extreme stress at such age n hence, opted for this.
Brighton montessori near jln jurong kechil - didn't have the chance to visit. But was one of the option before signing up MMI.

Hope the above helps. Most imptly, visit the centers. Lots of it and decide what's best for your child. After a few rounds, ull know what u prefer for ur child. :)

That's nice. I think teachers are very important.
Do you have their contacts? Address too if you have.
En....I think you can Google it. They have open house on 2 July. You can bring ur child visit the centre on that day. See ur child like or not. BTW, where are u live? How old is ur child? I stay blk202 near Swimming pool.

Has anyone visited the new school, Maplebear at Bukit Batok?
Can share review?

Location is within one of the industrial buildings. I think it's quite a far walk from the bus stop. No problems if u are driving though.

Sometimes, my MIL may pick up my boy if hubby or myself works late, so in the end I chose a school nearer to her place.

En....I think you can Google it. They have open house on 2 July. You can bring ur child visit the centre on that day. See ur child like or not. BTW, where are u live? How old is ur child? I stay blk202 near Swimming pool.

Is there an outdoor playarea at Maple Bear?

Ooh great! I will go take a look at their open house. Hopefully have some special opening deals??? Hahaha.
My child is 2 years. I live in toh guan so it should be near I think?

Ooh great! I will go take a look at their open house. Hopefully have some special opening deals??? Hahaha.
My child is 2 years. I live in toh guan so it should be near I think?
Did u consider Posso at Big Box. I read good reviews of it on Kiasu*Parents

have you visited MMI?
how is it?
I visited MMI at Bukit Batok CSC before. The place is super nice - wide open space (looks super spacious), brightly lit with natural lighting, toilets are clean, etc. But I don't like the teacher bringing us around (like cannot wait for us to leave so she can knock off!) so didn't sign up with them in the end lol. I just don't feel the 'yuan fen' lah. You should take a look yourself, maybe you would love it. :)

In the end, I signed my boy up for Appleland Montessori at 165 there. This is his second week of sch - so far so good.

I visited MMI at Bukit Batok CSC before. The place is super nice - wide open space (looks super spacious), brightly lit with natural lighting, toilets are clean, etc. But I don't like the teacher bringing us around (like cannot wait for us to leave so she can knock off!) so didn't sign up with them in the end lol. I just don't feel the 'yuan fen' lah. You should take a look yourself, maybe you would love it. :)

In the end, I signed my boy up for Appleland Montessori at 165 there. This is his second week of sch - so far so good.

Hello! How did you ease your LO into school? Did you stay throughout the first 2-3 days??

I'm starting my boy next month so feeling a bit worried about the easing in process....

Hi, staying at BB Central, have a 4 yr old girl, 2 yr old boy and another boy coming :) My girl is currently in 291A My First Skool and she loves the place.

There is a mummy who reviewed MMI above. I enrolled my boy in YMCA at Blk 225 Bukit Batok Central.
Hi, can I have review of the school? Sent my girl there 2 yrs ago, but pulled her out after 3 days cos I thought there was no proper structure and the teachers were not very engaging. But heard that there's a change of principal and some teachers, so wondering how it is now. It would be much more convenient if I can send my kids there

My girl is in Blk 291 MFS and she loves it. The staff there is very friendly I feel..

How old is your daughter? 291 MFS was my first choice and I registered on ECDA, then the school somehow manage to lost my place in the queue so I got very pissed off and fed up with them.

Anyway, the playgroup class is really big. I was told 24 or 27 students!! I prefer to put my child in a smaller class, so decided to go with YMCA.

Hi, can I have review of the school? Sent my girl there 2 yrs ago, but pulled her out after 3 days cos I thought there was no proper structure and the teachers were not very engaging. But heard that there's a change of principal and some teachers, so wondering how it is now. It would be much more convenient if I can send my kids there

My boy is starting in August. Initially supposed to start in July, but decided to delay one month. Yes, the principal is new I think, she told me she was previously from the Bt Panjang branch, and she's quite no nonsense kind, and yet you can see that she will interact with the kids and play with them.

I will give more feedback once my boy starts.

How old is your daughter? 291 MFS was my first choice and I registered on ECDA, then the school somehow manage to lost my place in the queue so I got very pissed off and fed up with them.

Anyway, the playgroup class is really big. I was told 24 or 27 students!! I prefer to put my child in a smaller class, so decided to go with YMCA.

My boy is starting in August. Initially supposed to start in July, but decided to delay one month. Yes, the principal is new I think, she told me she was previously from the Bt Panjang branch, and she's quite no nonsense kind, and yet you can see that she will interact with the kids and play with them.

My girl is 4. She has been there since 2.

Yes please let me know regarding Ymca. If it is good I will consider putting my son there as it will really be more convenient for my parents to fetch..

Yes please let me know regarding Ymca. If it is good I will consider putting my son there as it will really be more convenient for my parents to fetch..

3rd week since enrollment. But this week he's not going to school because I think he caught some bug and have developed a very phlegmy cough and high fever. We're keeping him at home first to let him get better.

What's good so far - almost all the teachers know the kids. The principal/school admin know each kid's name and I think it shows that they love the kids. The teachers so far can manage them, no news of fights, injuries etc. In the 2 weeks my boy has been in school, he has started self feeding independently and can do it confidently.

What can be improved - I wish there was more updates from the school with pictures etc.

3rd week since enrollment. But this week he's not going to school because I think he caught some bug and have developed a very phlegmy cough and high fever. We're keeping him at home first to let him get better.

What's good so far - almost all the teachers know the kids. The principal/school admin know each kid's name and I think it shows that they love the kids. The teachers so far can manage them, no news of fights, injuries etc. In the 2 weeks my boy has been in school, he has started self feeding independently and can do it confidently.

What can be improved - I wish there was more updates from the school with pictures etc.

Hi Mummy,
May I know how is your son in YMCA CC nowadays?

I am looking CC in bukit batok for my son too
planning to enroll him in beginning of next year
I have some CC list in mind
(MFS, YMCA & Siddhatta) - these 3 CC are just nearby mt place actually.

Any mommy have put your child of those CC that I mentioned above? Please share
Thank you so much

Hi mummies , I have went to Maplebear bukit Batok today . The place is really spacious and attractive . My girl love it very much and refused to leave . I very incline to sign her up . Any one have kid there now ? Any feedback ?

I visited the childcare at Maplebear. It's fully airconditioned though. When I visited, the place was a little cold, I thought. Anyway, my friends had advised me before that children at childcare centres in commercial buildings tend to fall sick more often than those that are only partially airconditioned. To me, if my child is sick more often, she will not learn as well....

Hi mummies, any reviews on Little Green House @ Bukit Gombak? (Bukit Batok)?
It's just a few minutes away from my place! :D

Hi Mummies,

I am living in Bukit Batok Street 52 and i do have experience teaching Primary 5 English and Maths in a tuition centre for a few years before. I am a sahm but i need to have some income to sustain some of my household income therefore I decided to work as private tutor now.

If your kids need any tuition as well as your friends or relatives, do contact me at 8383 9929 (Ms Ng). Currently i am teaching Primary 1 to 3 English and Maths. Really appreciate all of you could be able to help me look out also.

is this group still active? i am staying in Bkt Batok too, can I join the whatsapp group? I am looking at changing my girl's childcare and would appreciate some reviews of the schools in Bkt batok Central Carp diem. Can add me to the group at 98777751?

Anyone's kid at Just Kids Learning Place....My son is now at N1....thinking of sending him for other enrichment courses, any good ones to recommend in our area? Phonics classes...

Back