Bukit Batok/Bukit Gombak Mummies Club

Hi BB Mummies,

I'm a FTWM & i've a 7 1/2 mth bb gal.Currently staying at Goodview Gdn.Hope to make more friends here!

Cheers!

Hi ,

I m a SPR mummy with 2kids, my daughther is 2 years 5 month and now she still stay at my home town take care by my mother in law.

Thinking to bring her come to sg and would like to look for a child care near bt batok west.

Anyone can recommend good childcare near bt batok west.

thanks

Sharon tss

hey there,

my son's turning 4 this yr. he's been with Just Kids since 1.5yo. it was as good as it lasted. but now that's he's in N2 & transferred to another class upstairs, the environment's not been very conducive. for one, there's really v little natural lighting. also, he's almost entirely surrounded by 4 walls.

so i'm now looking for alternatives. thinking of carpe diem at jln jurong kechil or nutc childcare at bt batok east community club. does any one have any feedback on these 2 ctrs?

HI, Bubbles,

My son is also in N2 in Just Kids now. He is in class A. Maybe they are friends?
I agree with you that N2 is different from N1, but is it traumatizing to transfer kids around?
IN fact, when they were downstais in N1, it's also an enclosed environment right? SO for me I think it's ok loh...

hi mummies of Goodview,
i am keen on relocating there (in the next 1-2 yrs ba), and was wondering if that location is prone to direct sun. The environment looks pretty clean - I like! :D
love that place, but not the price....*rolleyes*
:p
the food stalls opposite is good!

Hi there, I am looking at infant care in Bukit Batok Area or Bukit Timah,

Any one have review on Just Kids / Rosy Hearts?

Hope to have some idea where to send my son.

Hi All,

I'm looking for infant care in Bukit Timah aread...and also anyone have any reviews on Babies Inc & Sunflower Babyhouse.....

halow! mi staying in goodview garden and as my girl is getting older needs to make window grills. would like to knoe if anyone in good view garden have grilles and how much does it cost?????

hi bee10!

i am also staying at goodview gardens..and also want to know about having grilles and the cost. =)

just saw this thread.. didnt know got so many mummies staying at gombak area! =)

Hi, i need to get a baby sitter for my 2 mths old baby gal asap. Anyone has contact for experienced baby sitter. I am staying at Bukit Batok St 21.

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for an experienced babysitter to look after my children (2yr+ and 3mth old). I stay at Bt Batok East Ave 3 (near Bt Batok Central). Pls PM or email me at [email protected] if you have someone to recommend. Thanks!

Hi,I'm looking for an experienced babysitter to look after 7mth bb from jan 2010.I stay at Bt Batok west ave 8 (near Bt Batok swim pool). Pls PM if you know anyone keen to tk care of bb. must be experience, no smokers at home, like childre, speak simple english. thks!

Hi.. Is there any good childcare at Bukit Batok Central (near west mall) I'm currently living in Blk 622, and is looking for childcare for my 2 sons.

Currently they are in Gentlelove schoolhouse, but the sch started to change management and all the teachers have been replaced, i feel like changing another childcare for them. Any suggestions???

Hi, I am helping mum look for baby-sitting assignment. She is 59 years old Chinese lady lives in HDB near Bukit Panjang Plaza.

She took care of my two daughters and one nephew. The kids are all grown going to secondary schools so mum wants to occupy time and earn some pocket money.

Email me at [email protected], thanks!

hi bee10 and daymoon.

i am also staying at goodview gardens..How old is your kid? i have a boy going to 20 months old. I have my window grilles before i move in. I which is 5 years back. That time cost me aroung S$1K plus for every window including my kitchen.Not too sure the current market price.

Anyone interested to join me to send their 4 yrs old for swimming lesson at Bukit Batok Civil Service Club? Lesson is on Sunday at 11am. Fee is $50 per month if you are a civil service club member. Else, will be $65 per month.

anyone tried the childcare in goodview garden????
planning to put my daughter there. have went there to take a look and seems ok to mi. anyone whose kids are there pls drop mi an email and would like to know more abt it thax!
wold like to know how long do the child take to adapt to the childcare????
[email protected]
help!

Hi mummies,

Needs your advise.. I am planning to switch my gal from PCF Sparkle Tots to other childcare. I'm staying at Bukit Batok. I am thinking whether to choose, Star Learners, Little Footprints or Appleland Montessori.. Anyone have any idea which is good ah..

I have went to take a look at the 3 places, Appleland seems older, but looks like they uses alot of teaching tools, they have more Malay Teachers, i need to get their sch bus service. Little Footprints seems looks very new, clean and spacious, but I am not sure whether they focus alot on teaching bo, one bus stop distance. For Star Learners, they seems to have their own teaching framework unlike Montessori, they focus on Jolly Phonics teaching, reading n also offer some optional skills like, Speed & Drama, Kids gym etc..4 bus stop away, no sch bus service, trying to see if i can find one.Centre looks not very big. When I went there on Sat, I saw abt 4 kids of eg, 2-6 hanging around together... no teaching on Sat becos there's too little kids mayb.

Initially I wanted to send to her teh new Safari House under Zoo-phonics, but just in few mths the increase their price from $950 - $1100 (b4 subsidy)...and I need to pay almost $200 for the transport..v exp lo. mummy cant affort..

Pink Piglet (pink_piglet)

I m looking for cc for my 4yr and 20mths. I went sparkle tots, cape diem and little footprints. Little footprints will be my 1st choice. Very spacious and clean. Not sure abt the teaching too.. very sad cos they dun teach phonics. Where is appleland and star learners? cos i stay in bt gombak, wanna find somewhr more convienent.

mummies... any comments for little footprints?

Hi all

am looking for a playgroup for my 20mo as well.
Had been reading many negative comments about little footprints thus a little sceptical on enrolling him there. But its the nearest to our block though.

Will be visiting Carpe Diem & MMI on Monday, hopefully i have good news soon.

Hi,
Tried both carpe diem n little footprints n dislike both. Finally, placed sons in just education n think not bad. Ds well prepared for p1. Not a cc though. ;)

I visited Carpe Diem, MMI & Little Footprints yesterday. Jus my honest opinion:

MMI – Very warm welcome by Teacher Vijaya (extra warm because of the broken down aircon in the office). The rest of the area is non-airconditioned. Noticed many angmoh children. Love the systematic & detailed explanation of the learning path for our babies. However, the price is steeper than the other 2 centre. Full day $609.50. Half day $545.50

Next was Carpe Diem – Made an appointment but was welcomed by a shocked/confused Patricia. Teaching/learning by theme month. However, the area is so filled up & floor is sticky with oil! Probably becos we were pretty near to the kitchen area. The toilet is filled with bags & bags of plastic. Full day $450. Half Day $400

Last was Little Footprints – huge as in HUGE area. Very colourful & vibrant environment. However, our babies will be confined to their classroom 75% of their time, even sleeping. They only come out to have outdoor time/library corner/block corner/toilet. I noticed that they will have a bath at noon. Even noticed a teacher punishing a boy to stand outside the classroom with just his towels on! A pregnant Ms Yeo was ignorant on the news about the teacher with forged documents: http://www.todayonline.com/Singapore/EDC110505-0000159/Forged-certificate-lands-woman-in-jail
I also raised the matter about the 6 months license period given by MCYS. She replied commenting that her teachers are still undergoing training thus considered uncertified. When I asked about the particular 18mo – 3 yrs class teachers, she replied that they are still uncertified. So I asked how can I be comfortable that my children will be learning if this is the case. She reverted with saying that her school prioritizes on care by teachers. So what if they have diploma & certificates of early childhood but they have care for children. THAT turned me off. Full Day $360. Half Day $250.
All in all, it’s either MMI or Little Footprints. But am so heavy hearted if I go for LF. Am now looking out for more 2/3 hrs lesson within the area to see if any of them has vacancy.

anyway, just called JustKids.
They are having an open house on 18 Jun.
However, since they have no vacancy today, can only register for Nursery 1 in 2012.
Full day: $438.30
Half Day: $417.10
Flexi care: $221.70 (8am-11am) or (11.15am - 2.15pm)

hi ann

I m making a very tough decision, whether to send my kids to MMI. Cant get many feedback on this cc.
YWCA is on full capacity nw, if not i think tt's nt bad.
Juskids is abit far from here. Do they have school bus service? But have few good reviews on this cc.

Nshomeclub is called big jumper gym. I may want to do a visit. Will update here if I do.

We are Muslims so grace house is a no-no fr my mum.

Justkids has transport, I will check out d charges after d open house.

hi mummies,

any intro for GOOD childcare near bukit batok are/choa chu kang that has shuttle bus? me intending to change the cc of my children leh..

appreciate for your kind advice.. thank you

I'm staying at bb st.25. Currently both in the cc near my house but I realize the cirriculum is not that good. My nephew one year older can already spell 1-100 in words n my gal dun even regconise ONE.I heard from the sch when they graduate (from k2) they will know from 1-50. I was thinking huh? 50 only??

My nephew is in crape diem at CCK teck whye. Their cirriculum really good everyday bring some homework back to do so that they hv that habit of going bk n do homework n can see that he really improves a lot.

But me staying quite far away n nobody helps me to fetch my children if u were to send them there. Thats why needs to find a cc which has school bus to n fro.. :p

joanne
which cc are ur kids in?
ur gal in N2 or K1 now?

my gal in N2. seriously i dun noe how far should a N2 go now.

there is a carpe diem at bb blk 62something. near the mrt. u can check with them.

r u FTWM? i heard that school bus will send the children back home b4 6pm. tt's why i cannot use the bus service cos there is nobody at home at 6pm. so i have no choice, but to find a cc near my place.

Hi happi,

Where did you place your gal at now.. I m still deciding.. My gal hv been in sparkle tots since 3 mths old.. Now she is 27 mth.. I really don't find she is learning much from there.. I guess the caregiver r good but I doubt they focus enough on teaching...

I am also staying at b. Gombak.. I prefer star learners than to little footprint...apple tree or MMI.. I like blossom berrykids seems like they focus alot on experiential learning.. But they r exp... Cost abt double the price of star learners leh..its $910 before subsidy... .both are inconvenience for me actually... But i do hv direct bus for star learners.. 4 stops away.. And star learner don't provide transport.. Blossom berrykids does provide transport .. But I wonder come much extra would tt cost.

Next option would b justkids which I guess someone wrote tt they dp provide transport.

Hihi,

Can I join this discussion?

I'm also looking for a childcare in Bukit Batok/Gombak area for my boy. We are staying at Blk 290. My boy is only 10 months old
happy.gif
but I'm being a bit kiasu and want to secure a place for him to go in at 18 mths.

We are Muslims too, so certain centres without food from halal sources are out. I'm also looking at Star Learners and Blossom Berrykidz, though Blossom is indeed a bit exp for my budget. Haven't gone down to visit them yet, planning to do so end of the month or next month. Would love to hear more feedback about these centres.

Oh can I ask, is Montessori curicculum good for our kids, as in does it sufficiently prepare them for P1? You know lar, our primary schools are so academically inclined. While Montessori seems to be more fun and encourage thinking, I also don't want my boy to have a hard time keeping up academically.

Hello..

I visited Star Learners and Blossom BerryKidz yesterday and thought I can share with you guys my thoughts.

Star Learners
Was quite disappointed. Curriculum seems ok but the premises v small and biggest issue, no partitions for the different classes. It was so noisy when we were there, I don't see how our kids can concentrate on their own lessons when so many other classes and noises going on at the same time. Another thing we don't like, their outdoor time mainly at the void deck.

Blossom BerryKidz
V nice and spacious premises. Individual classrooms. Not too crowded also. Their max capacity is only 42 kids, they currently only have 38. We were shown around by their assistant supervisor..nice lady but her English is terrible (think she's from China). No issue though as their English classes are conducted by Filipino teachers whose English are v good. Price-wise a bit steep as we say, but they have this promotion where if you sign up now, there's a $100 discount. So instead of paying $610 (after the MCYS subsidy), you pay $510 all the way until your kid is in K2. Worth it.

But at the end of the day, Blossom is still out for us b'cos of the location. It's extremely remote and inaccessible. They do have school bus service down to Bukit Batok but the bus sends the kids home quite early, around 4.30 - 5. Won't work for us cos' I have no one at home.

My First Skool Blk 291A Bukit Batok
In the end, we registered for this school which is right opposite my block since super convenient, haha. Actually I didn't have good impression of MFS in general but this center is quite ok leh. Very new, clean, spacious and airy. Teachers look friendly and quite young (not so auntie). Curriculum I think so-so. But have to register online, we can only check in a few weeks time whether got waitlist or not.

Mommies,
we live in Guilin View too since early this year. THinking of sending our 4 yo son to full day care. Any feedback on Hillview Montessori please?

Mommies, I am calling out for your good heart.. our cat a black and white ragamuffin has been missing since last night after I came back from work.. he sneaked out of the slowly closing door without us knowing it..

please contact me if you see him, my HP is 92392726

many many thank you...

6280108.jpg

Hi guys, I've just stumbled upon this forum. I stay at Goodview gardens and my girl is turning 18mths soon. Am considering Cambridge at Toh Tuck, Justkidz or Pat's. Any one has feedback on Cambridge?

Hi, I am looking for a childcared centre for my 19 month old girl. I am considering Grace House. Appreciate if you can share some comments on this childcare centre with me. Thanks!

Hi Tiffany,

You are looking for Kindy or Childcare for your gal ? GraceHouse is one of the good ones in Bt Batok( there isnt many good ones here unfortunately). They are kindy not childcare and only have 2 sessions per day.

I ended up putting my gal in Mulberry Learning Centre @ JE Swimming Complex after researching for a long time. Prior to this, she was at Appleland Montessori at Bukit Batok West Ave 8.

hi Bt Batok mummies,

anyone knows of any good after school care of your kids? that is a place they can go after their primary school studying hours? me is abit kiasu.. my kid going to reg for pri sch only next year but i need to start finding a after school scare for her..

both parents working.. not sure where my kid can go after her primary school though..

any good advice out there??

Back