Birthday Cake pics to share

hi,

can some1 email or forward me the contacts/email/pics of mrs chan's agar agar oso? tks alot..

Hi Wendy,

Can send me the contact for Mrs Chan too?
Tks
happy.gif

Hi all... i like the design of the cakes fm ecreative very much! But the flavor is quite limited... can any1 advise Pine Garden cakes taste nicer on Ecreative?

N oso Lani, how to cut the 3D cake har...?

hi mummies,

can help me save some times in seaching for this cake: My boi likes balloons and dog, so i am hoping to give him a cake tat has these 2 items on it. Can advise where can I find this design/theme or where to find these figurines?

black sheep, contact is above, posted by doremon
u can email to Pine Garden @ [email protected]

as for balloons - u could try using lollipops, wrapp with colourful shimmering papers, dogs - u could either buy toys from the shops and litter around, theme can be a park... with dogs and balloons!

hey! I like the idea! Never know lollipops can act as balloon and toy doggies think can find easily...hmmm... in this case, I just need a simple cake hor..thks win_ng for the idea!

no prop la. just suddenly thought of it. you could visit B.I.Y for decorating ideas, http://www.b-i-y.com.

incidentally, i had also purchase some of these stuff and not used them, check it out the thread below.

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/cgi-bin/forumboard/show.cgi?449183/727571

just to share though - while its fun decorating it yourself, it can be quite stressful. hahahaha - i spent a lot of time thinking what to place and where to place, doing the banners and printing them - a lot of DIY. if your boy is big enough, you can ask him to decorate himself! note that got time limit as cake may melt!

win_ng, how do u print the banner? using color printer? I tot of taking the pic of my boi favorite doggie and develop at the shop as I dun have color printer at home.

Agree it is stressful. Last year, me and hb hunted around for chicken figurines. Almost went to most of toy shop in Singapore. Hope this year, not too difficult to find the doggie figurine..do u think concourse can such figurines?

Hi mummies who have ordered from ecreative before, any idea how many days in advance we need to order beforehand?

yukie,
for the pooh cake, we actually "beheaded" pooh's head and kept that in the fridge!! haha!! then we cut starting with the legs firts lor, and so on.

last sat was my dd's 2nd b'day and we decided to order the elmo cake from ecreative with a big square base, so it's much easier to cut. so basically we just cut up the square base first lor, then left the elmo only.

as for the taste, i would say so-so only lah. the chocolate cake with blueberry filling is quite nice. i heard some mums say the vanilla cake with mixed fruit filling is very nice, so maybe next yr i will order that one instead.

Hi krazy,

your cake look so sweet, beautiful n yummy!!
Can i know which cake shop you order from?
tout of having something so cute n sweet for my baby darling.

And kindly advise on the cake.
thanks!

hello cutiedolly:
i got the cake from pine garden... it is totally customised. i scouted around for designs and told them what i wanted... down to even what color to use for the cake.
i have to provide them with the animal mashmallows though.

blacksheep:
the cake costs $120. its $30 per kg and if i didnt remember wrongly, $20-30 for "workmanship"..

i got the mashmallows from a small shop that sells baking stuff .. you to their website.
http://www.b-i-y.com.sg
you have to go there to buy the things they are selling.

hazel, precious moment:
aiyah... hee.. in my haste, typed sg also...

thanks precious moment for providing the correct link!

carole:
thanks ! i had nightmares about the cake!!! i was sourcing and liasing with people for a month over the cake... but very glad that it turned out fine.

krazy,

such a beautiful cake!!! I wanna do something like dat for my girl's 1st birthday next month too leh. What is the cake made of ? sponge/cheese, chocolate with fresh cream?

Can you share with me the contact for the pine garden? How long in advance do we need to place order for it? I am thinking of trying to diy but if cannot then order lol
happy.gif

carole:
thank you thank you!
happy.gif

the kids love the mashmallow... it was meant for them anyway and the adults and kids ate the cake...

poohy:
thank you!!
the cake is made of simple sponge.. chocolate with fresh cream. no one can go wrong with chocolate. hee
i specifically told them i wanted white cream as base so that the colors of the mashmallows and the colors of the piped flowers and icing wordings will stand out.
no regrets... next yr will still get from them !! i have big big plans for cheryl's cake ... this yr..couldnt get it done cuz no time.. but next yr.. hee.

you only need to give them 3 days of notice. if you ask me... their cake is quite reasonably priced. $30 per kg.

this is their email
[email protected]
i corresponded with petrina.

krazy,

thanx!! Indeed the rate is vv reasonable. One more thing, how about the words ? Your girl's name.. is it provided by them or you gotta buy it? Where can we get such nice letter for cake decor?

poohy:
the words... icing sugar i think... they provided.. think the weather too hot... words kind of melted.. think you can get those alphabets candles..

poohy:
correction.. think the wordings were made of fondant.

cuz i remembered taking a bite.. show you a pic i took from cake avenue.. they also made similar letters for their cakes.
755402.gif

wah.. nowadays cake dun look like cake.. all look so beautiful.. like a piece of art... dun bare to eat it man!! haa...

poohy:
happy.gif
no prob!

tigger88:
hee. chery says " thank you!"

pooh:
i cut the top tier first, then the bottom.

hi moomooko,

i've tried the mango with vanilla sponge as well as mixed fruits with vanilla sponge. i prefer the latter. the mixed fruits seemed to be freshly cut...kiwi, strawberry, etc yummy! mango is abit dry though.

Back