BEDOK mommies club

leetai
congrats
happy.gif

sng mummy
read ur blog. wow.. your kids are amazing
happy.gif

LeeTai,, congrats!!

LeeTai / Carrie, i have an old avent sterilizer that is still in usable condition which i used to leave in office to sterilize my pumps.. Now no need it liao.. Anyone doesn't mind taking it?

WendyPooh, Brave?? lol.. I wish they were not as "brave"!
happy.gif

Catherine, amazing? i also think i didn;t like them being like that.. Our days, sec 1 or sec 2 running away from home is quite common.. I now began to think if running away from home begins at 2yo and 4yo.. Hubby say now we need to lock the main door gate when we go to bed at night incase they both decide to run out from their rooms..

Dear Mommies

Thanks for your wishes.
I am in my mid term now.
We don't know whether boy or girl as we never asked. We just hope that the baby will be healthy and cheerful and bring joy to the ones around him/her.

This pregnancy has been different from the last 2. I always don't have appetite. And I don't have to eat alot. If I overeat, I will vomit everything out. So I just stick to the normal meals.

But strange thing thou I didn't eat alot, my tummy is big now. Sigh ...

Lee Tai,
Maybe it's a boy. That's why it's big. Do you wish for a girl or boy? Girls are very adorable but boys can save $$ cos no need buy so many clothes. Haha.

Lee Tai, replied liao.. forgot to tell u i got bb bath tub too.. u want?
happy.gif

Jun, i've got some playpen balls (those like the ball pen in polliwogs ).. U want?

SNG,
Thanks for offer. I have those balls too (since my gal's time) so maybe can pass to the rest.

You free to meet on 7th Dec Mon?

Kris/Sng,
Do u think it's v kiasu if I start viewing childcare for baby now (7 months)? Hb and I taking some leave this month so thought of going around to view CC. Hope to start the baby at 18 mths. Any recommendation for good childcare? Will see Brighton and MMI. There is also Orange Tree at Simei.

Jun,
I think its ok to start ur search cause you never know you might be busy the following mths when bb is abt the start school.
But when i started my search early the other time, lots of school cannot confirm if they will have pre-sch classes, so ask me to leave them my number so that they'll inform us when they're confirm.
So you can start to short list first.

Jun, not very KS lah.. need to "chop" first de.. Monday confirm again k.. i think i have something on that day.. what time again huh?

Lee Tai,
Congrates!

Do take care and norish your body after birth ok? Lately I juz went to see TCM, she commentted tt my body is very weak cos I nv eat enough. And she told me nowadays alot of women nv really do confinement well, tt's why we become weaker after child birth, which is what I notice about my own body also. Thats why now I see pregnant friends, I kept telling them must do a good confinement.

SNG,
When u free? I need to go down to your place to collect the stuff. Let me know again ok? Cos I'm gonna be very bz frm next wk onwards liao.

Lwg, Kris,
Can u both confirm the timing n location and let me know for the plan on Mon? Or mayb we juz meet at Bedok for e pasta meal?

Hi Jun

I am fine with either baby boy or baby girl. My mum, sis, hubby and daughter prefer baby girl ;P

Probably I drink too much Anmum hence tummy grow so big. Yesterday when I was doing the mid term scan, the doctor (not my gynae) asked how many week are you already how come tummy so big. Luckily there's no one else in the room if not I will feel embrassed by remarks

Hi Tinkerbelle

Thanks for your concern. I can really feel that this time round I am not as strong as the last time. I am getting flu / blocked nose almost every day. Hopefully I don't pass the virus to the baby.

Plan to go TCM during confinement to get some tonics from the physician to build up my body

Kris, Tinkerbelle,
You want to come to my place? there is a playground and wading pool suitable for toddlers. I can buy some chips and we chit chat while the kids play. I'm free anytime from 12pm onwards. My boy has ceramic clay class on Mon morning tat's why I took leave.

Lee tai
I agree wif u, boy or gal also okay.. As long as they r healthy... Dun feel embarrass abt ur growin tummy,it's showin tat ur bb is growing! My tummy also quite big.. So alot of my customers tot tat I m due soon, but I haf another 1.5mths to go! Alot of aunties like to stare at my tummy also.. Quite annoying at times.. But I dun care! Keke

sng's mummy
realli thanks for ur offer, I still haf a workable steriliser which we haf been using for my gal, so dun need any for the moment
happy.gif

Any mummies brought their kids to any nice Xmas shows at the malls? Care to share?
I went to the Sesame street show on tues... It's quite nice! Think it's showin at the Fraser points malls...

Lee Tai,
You also feel it tt way too? Do u want the contact for the TCM I went to? Cos it's actually very near to us also. I find them pretty gd.

Lwg,
I'm fine with the arrangement but I need to go off at 2. So if the rest is ok, I don't mind.

Carrie,
I am planning to bring Erica to the Barney show at United Sq prolly next Wed. Currently Taka have the Hi-5 shows also, but I remember there r no shows on Mon and 2 other dates.

There is also a SpongeBOb Squarepants show at Suntec City Tropics Atrium from 5-13th Dec. SHowtime 1 & 7 PM, Sat & Sun additional show at 4pm. No shows on Mon.

These are the few I know of only. Hope it helps.
happy.gif

Ladies,
Nt long ago I was talking abt this dishonest BP Organiser and I went to PM one of the ladies who had missing parcels also. It seems like she is really problematic. Just sharing so tt everyone can take caution nt to join her future BP anymore.

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/3138595.html?1259835428#POST9459045
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/3222530.html?1257866732

Taurus,
Yes have received. Tks.

Last one week has been chasing TVB. So not enough sleep.. Finally finish the whole serial.

Hi Mummies

Here are the mall shows. Please verify before bringing your kiddoes down hor.

1) Date: 13 -18 Nov
Event: Bakugan Competition and Meet & Greet
Venue: Takashimaya
Timing: 1 pm & 6pm

2) Date: 13 -18 Nov
Event: Power Rangers – Jungle Fury Meet & Greet Venue: Takashimaya
Timing: 3pm & 7pm

3) Date: 20 - 29 Nov
Event: Mr Men meet & greet only
Timing: 1 pm, 4pm, 7pm
*1pm on 20 Nov for Takashimaya members only, no shows on 23 Nov

4) Date: 21 Nov- 7 Dec
Event: Winx Club show
Venue: Marina Square, Central Atrium
Timing: 1pm & 7pm (Tues to Thurs), 1pm, 4pm & 7pm (Fri to Sun)

5) Date: 2 – 14 December
Event: Barney & friends show
Mon - Fri, 2pm & 7pm (No shows on Tuesdays)
Sat & Sun, 2pm, 5pm & 7pm
Venue: United Square, Main Atrium, Basement 1
***Be the first 50 shoppers to spend a minimum of $30* in a single receipt to Meet and Greet Barney & Friends after each show. Passes will be issued 1 hour before each show.

6) Date: 3 - 13 Dec
Event: Hi-5 Meet & greet only
Timing: 1 pm, 4pm, 7pm
*1pm on 3 Dec for Takashimaya members only, no shows on 6 Dec 1pm & whole of 7 Dec

7) Date: 5-12 Dec
Event: Spongebob Square pants Musical show
Venue:Suntec City, Tropics Atrium
Timing: 1pm, 7pm (Tues to Fri) 1pm, 4pm & 7pm (Sat & sun)* NO shows on Monday

8 ) Date: 5-13 Dec
Event: Bob the builder
Venue: Jurong Point, JP1 Centrestage
Timing: Tue – Fri, 1pm and 7pm
Sat and Sun, 1pm, 4pm and 7pm

9) Contributed by daist
Event: Watch & Meet friends from Sesame Street, 20 mins performance, followed by a 10 mins "Meet & Greet". Show at 1pm, 4pm, 7pm
Date: As follows

Yew Tee Point - 20/11 to 22/11 (Meet & Greet only)
Compass Point - 24/11 to 29/11 +
Causeway Point - 1/12 to 6/12
Northpoint - 8/12 to 13/12
The Centrepoint - 15/12 to 20/12
+ (24/11, 1pm show reserve for children from Minds)

10 ) Date : 4 – 14 Dec 2009 (except 10 Dec 2009)
Event: Disney Classical Christmas Meet-and-Greet with Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Chip & Dale
Venue: Vivo City
Time : 2pm and 3.30pm at Central Court, Level 1
6pm and 7.30pm at Amphitheatre, Level 3
**** Note: Spend $100* (maximum of 3 combined same-day receipts) between 27 Nov and 14 Dec 2009 to redeem a pass to attend one of the Disney Meet-and-Greet sessions. OCBC Credit Cardmembers only need to charge $80 to qualify. Each pass admits a maximum of 6 persons and limited to 1 group photo only. Redemption is limited to 1 pass per shopper per day, on a first-come, first-served and while stocks last basis.

11) Contributed by thebusybee
Event: Hello Kitty's Christmas Wish
Showtimes : 4 & 11 Dec :7.30pm
5, 6, 12 & 13 Dec : 3pm & 6pm
Venue : The Great Hall, Millenia Walk

12)Contributed by blurbee
Event: Care Bear Musical Show
Date: 1 - 6 Dec
Showtimes : 1pm, 5pm, 7pm
Venue : Plaza Singapura

13) Contributed by blurbee
Date: 22 Nov - 25 Dec
(Weekends and Public Holidays Only)
Additional show on 21 November at 12.30pm.
Event: Mini Musical Live Show by the Looney Tunes
Showtimes : 6pm - 6.30pm
Venue : Downtown East Event Square

14) Contributed by roseofsharon
Date: 20 Nov – 6 Dec (Except Mondays)
Event: Barbie “I can be” Live show
Venue: Raffles City 1pm , 4pm, 7pm
Date: 7 –20 Dec
Event: Barbie & The Three Musketeers Meet and Greet
Venue: Raffles City, 1pm , 4pm, 7pm

15) Contributed by schellen
Event: Christmas Rocks with Tom & Jerry!
Venue: West Mall
Date: 11-20 Dec 2009, 1pm & 7pm
Interactive song and dance
***Spend $50* to redeem pass for exclusive photo session after each show.
UOB cardmembers need only spend $20* to qualify.
*max. 3 combined same-day receipts. Each pass admits one child only. Limited to 30 passes per session, one pass per child. Passes are available on a 1st-come-1st-served basis.
16) Date:21 -29 Nov (except Monday)
Event: Astroboy Live
Venue: Liang Court
Time: 2pm, 5pm & 7.30pm (Sat & Sun)
5.30pm &7.30pm (Tue to Fri)
*** Meet & Greet: Spend $50 in a single receipt to get a Meet & Greet Pass. Limited to 30 passes each show time & 4 pax per pass.

Jun, Yawn

Thanx for the information on RSS.

Tinkerbelle

I bought Peds from this BP seller before. My transaction was ok except that she kept changing her mind about the delivery time. My friends bought Peds from her, and she forgot to remove the OG price tags!!!

Fizz,
Thanks for the info. Forum at Orchard also has performance - Narnia the musical. Do you have the info? My kids are older now so they find it a bit kiddish to watch Barney. I intend to bring them to watch Sesame street which is more unisex. When they were younger, I used to be very "hardworking" in going for such shows. This year there is no Strawberry Shortcake and Dora.

Has anyone watched Astro Boy at cinema. Is it good?

Jun

I found this in SMH thread...

Narnia the Musical
Forum the Shopping Mall
12-20 Dec (except Tue), 1pm & 5pm

My boy is a fan of Spongebob these days...I will be getting him a Spongebob cake for his coming birthday...hee...so we will be heading down to Suntec after fetching him from cc next week...

Since we all stay in the East...herez heading down to the airport!...

Chirstmas at Changi
Changi Airport
11 Nov- 4 Jan

- Big Musical Ball
Over 6 metres high, this revolving creation of wonder will play your favourite Christmas carols; Sweets and Gifts will be dispensed at the end of the musical performances from 7pm to 10pm on weekdays and from 12noon to 10pm on weekends.

*Terminal 3, Public Area, Departure Check-in Hall Level 2 (in front of Departure Immigration)
*Musical performance will be at half-hourly interval from 6am to 10pm every day – 6am, 6:30am, 7am, 7:30am, 8am, 8:30am, 9am, 9:30am, 10am, 10:30am, 11am, 11:30am, 12noon, 12:30pm, 1pm, 1:30pm, 2pm, 2:30pm, 3pm, 3:30pm, 4pm, 4:30pm, 5pm, 5:30pm, 6pm, 6:30pm, 7pm, 7:30pm, 8pm, 8:30pm, 9pm, 9:30pm and 10pm.

- Big Snow Fantasy
Kids will love spending hours bouncing and sliding at this delightful wonderland and experience the magic of snowfall.

*Terminal 3, Public Area, Departure Check-in Hall Level 2 (Check-in Row 11)
*12pm - 10pm

Hi Frizz,

tks for ur infor.

Jun, wat TVB show u watchin?? I watch astro boy show. nt bad wor.. inmagine while watchin the show gt two old woman age abt 60+ sittin nxt to me also watchin the show and can tel tat they don knw english and they understand it by watchin the subtitle.. thumb up for them!!

Taurus
It's Sweetness in the salt. I am very backward in watching. Besides Astro boy, wat other movie good for kids? My gal very timid. She say Astroboy too scary. Even Harry potter she also scared lor. So rarely bring her to cinema. Scully she cry inside or run outside to hide. At home. She will hide in the bedroom.

jun
i intend to bring my gal to watch "the princess n the frog" by walt disney... shouldnt b too scary bah... its start showing on 10 dec....mayb u can consider tat too... unless ur gal dun like frog..?
happy.gif

Is there such a movie? Can consider altho my son may not like it. He likes thriller. Kept pestering me when is next Harry Potter.
Maybe I "sacrifice" watch 2 shows. Haha...scully I too tired fall asleep inside.

I want to go!!.. Jun / Carrie, we catch it together? But i friday cannot leh.. Can we gather at airport on Friday? :p

Fizz,
Power leh u! Thanks for the info. Now I tempted to go Vivo to see Mickey. My hb nagging me I'm going out everyday.
sad.gif

Hmm, how was the condition of your peds? Mine came fine for the shoes but there wasnt Reg mail and my box was damaged in e process. So upsetting.

How come she got e goods from OG? So weird. Anyway I reckon tt spree is cheaper. I joined a spree of this mum staying in bedok oso. Easy for me.

hi tikerbelle
my fren went vivo on sat and all the coupons to take pic with mickey has been fully redeemed already.

jun
I just rented 2 series havent had time to start yet. one is "jue dai shang jiao" and the other one is "gong xin ji" .. prob will start watching soon. But cos this week my girl got holiday program in sch so need to wake up early, i decided to start watching next week.

Sng,
You want to watch the movie or the musical at Changi? Both I also don't mind leh. More people more fun. But the musical ball will only disperse sweets and gifts after 7pm. This Fri I am free from morning till 5pm. Maybe we can catch the movie in the noon? As for Changi, after 7pm more 'exciting'. This Thurs night? Or maybe next week any nights except friday also can. Onz?? Anyone wanna join us watch movie and catch musical at Changi?

Catherine,
Is "jue dai shang jiao" new show? My friend pass me EU and Sweetness in the Salt for half a year and I just finished watch. Now on and off take leave that's why can watch.

jun
hi jun, heres the official website of the movie...
http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/princessandthefrog/
but i cant seems to find the showtime of the movie at the websites of the show yet... mayb onli able to see the showtime only after the movie is shown...

jun/sng's mummy
if u guys gg for the movie this fri noon, mayb i can try to join u guys..
happy.gif
if not, its okay.. u ladies jus go ahead, cos i got to work, off day not fix, hard to coordinate my timing..
thers other animations coming soon also, think its planet51, alvin n the chipsmunk... can consider too.. thn jun u got more thn 2 movies to catch le!
the "jue dai shang jiao" not very new le...i din watch it but heard frm my colleage its quite a funny series.."gong xin ji" is quite new though,i m gona start on tat soon
happy.gif

for the changi airport, think i ll give it a miss, cos already been there... the big musical ball is nice... but the snatching of the prizes is quite terrible... cos everyone will b ther to "chop" the place first... thn whn the balls cme out, everyone will be rushin for it like mad! keke... quite exciting though...
the big snow fantasy looks quite fun, the kids seems to enjoy it alot... bouncing n bouncing... so dun miss tat huh..!
happy.gif

carrie,
The Princess and the Frog is released on 10th Dec (Thurs) so timing is not available yet. But I'm free on Fri. SNG, you wanna watch together?

Changi Airport sounds interesting... let me go and see my schedule and plan a trip there. The kids will enjoy "snatching" pressies. But make sure my baby sits far away if not kena pushed by the people.

Fizz,
So fast ah? So sad man, looks like I can only get to see Mickey when I go to Disneyland next time. *Hopefully Next Yr*

SNG, Lwg,
Enjoy your pressies snatching this fri. Help me grab 1 for Erica ok? Hahaha...*Juz kiddin*

If u all planning for any events next wk, let me know ok? Would love to catch up with you ladies. If going for movies, let me know 1 day in advance so Erica goes to my ILs. :p

Angeline,
Welcome to the thread. I've 2 kids + a baby boy 7 months. Who's helping you to take care of your bb?

Carriemum,
Wanna go for movies this Fri? I'm on. Can we catch the earliest show in the morning. It's opened in cinema tomorrow. By the way, my sis has a box of baby boy newborn clothes. Can give you if you don't mind. It's still BN in box but the box a bit out of shape.

Hi angeline...
Welcome to the threAd! I m a FTWM wif a 4YO gal n a bb boy EDD in Jan 10...
happy.gif

jun
i also onz for the movie! Anyone else onz too?! Sng's mummy...? Thn mayb I can try to get the tickets tomolo first... Tml I SMS u to confirm the timing n the no. Of tickets?

Ladies,
I'm back!!!

Eh, I'm expecting alot to read but how come no posting since Thurs??

SNg, Jun,
Let's have a mini get together for Xmas next mon?

Hi gals!
I am back! Been so busy at work so didn't managed to post/read anything.

Alot of new 'faces' around! Hi Angeline! Lee Tai!
I am staying at Bedok Reservoir as well!haven't even managed to meet up with any of the mummies in here...

Oh,

wanted to share that I recently brought my kids for a playdate with my former classmate's kid at her house. She's the same age as me, with one kid and she is presently a SAHM, at leas for 2 years. And just felt super inferior as she's one of those alpha mummies (not that its bad), who basically gives her kid only healthy foods (whereas I feed JOsh fries and junk) and only 1/2 hour TV...and goes to the best schools around (like although she stays at Paya Lebar, she sends her kid t ST James Church, which is at dempsey) and then he goes to Julia Gabriel. SIghz. just feel so inadequate I can't give the best to my son.

Back