Bad experienced with Confinement Angels

okiyas

We engaged Confinement Angels Nanny Services and have a confinement lady from 2017 Nov 05 to 2017 Dec 02 (28 days stay in). We were engaged 3 stars nannies services with additional $380 surcharge. They saying these nannies are superior in knowledge and service, with proven record by achieving 3 and above Excellent Customer Feedback.

My wife still doing confinement and changed 3 already. We decided to discontinue their services 1 week earlier. We were very disappointing about their nanny quality.

We were given this first confinement lady named Chris - YEONG CH** KI**. She is 52 years old. Before nanny arrival, we have requested the nanny profile.

1st Nanny Chris - YEONG CH** KI**.

My wife discharged from Thomson Medical Hospital on 05/Nov (Sunday) around 1:30pm and nanny arrived our house around 2:30pm, very on time. She is a very nice person to talk with, experienced and knowledgeable. Because of her good profile, we had gave her $58 red packet upon arrival. She went to Fair price with me at first day. After she came back from supermarket, she did not rest and straight away prepared dinner for my wife. We were very satisfied with the nanny performance after she worked for 3 days. We had told her that intended to extend her for 1 more month.

She was very particular about hygiene and professional.

-Prepared delicious and nutritious confinement foods, filling thermos with red dates tea.

-Guide us how to take care of baby, bathe, feed, burp, change diaper.

-When my baby did not fall sleep, she coax her to sleep and attention to her all the time. She would sleep only the baby does.

But the good times couldn't last forever. Day 5 (10/Nov), around 7:40pm nanny informed us that she feeling unwell and caught flu. She cannot handle baby and need to leave for few days to get some rest.

She informed us that need to leave immediately because do not want to spread virus. We were very shocked and panic during that night. Being first time mum and dad, we had no experience to handle baby and relied heavily on her. Also my wife C-sec for less than a week. So, that night nanny do nothing, whole night me and my wife take care of baby. She leave at next day. Confinement period only 28days, but she had worked only 5 days and need to take MC for few days, what a surprised.

As for replacement need to take 2-3 days, that mean we need to take care baby by our self for few days. Make us no choice and we had to changed the flight departure date for my mother in law early 1 week to come Singapore at next day to taking care of baby.

Nanny job scope in contract included wash of mummy and baby clothes. Clean baby room and kitchen after cooked. Although she did not do all these, and make a mess in our kitchen, but we are still ok with it. She even caused my baby umbilical cord infection with water during bathes. We were one eye open and one eye closed. More importantly she can taking care baby and mummy.

As what we understand that, Chris aunty had continuously taken the confinement job for 3 months Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov (us). Probably she had not taken a good rest and caused her sick after worked only 5 days in our house. We believe in Confinement Angels can find a same quality for 3 stars replacement nanny, so we want aunty Chris to get some rest. We want the healthy nanny to taking care baby and mummy.

2nd Nanny - Tham Yo** E** (52 years Old)

We thought Confinement Angels would arranged the same quality 3 stars replacement nanny. When replacement nanny arrived, after talking with her and we just realized that she just a part time nanny. She has not handle single case in Singapore. She even does not sign any contract agreement with Confinement Angels, just a freelance nanny. We cannot believe that they just arranged the newbies hoping no complaints.

She had nice personality, and saying that she had done confinement in Malaysia but not in Singapore. I feel that it a hassle to change another nanny and willing to give her a chance to try. Unfortunately, she cannot handle baby at night, overslept, snoring very loud and response a bit slow. She gave up after 2 days and herself informed nanny team to get a replacement for us.

3rd Nanny - LEE SA* W** (38 years old)

We have been informed that they cannot find any 3 stars nanny for us which made us super upset. This is also a very bad confinement period for my wife as well. All these plays a part in making us busy and my wife not being able to rest during confinement.

No choice, we had to accept it. We hope that standard nanny is still ok. Because Confinement Angels assure they provide high quality trained Malaysian Confinement Nannies based on Thomson Parentcraft Confinement Nanny Training Syllabus before we engage their services.

When 3rd nanny arrived, we communicated with nanny on the house rules, preferred style of taking care baby and routines to ensure nanny understand our requirements.

She say she have experience in Singapore but I feel that she is not up to standard in a certain way. Although she did everything what we have requested; but she taking baby skill is not very good compared to first nanny.

She cooking skill is also not good, confinement foods she cooked was not delicious. Every time when we asked her what to cook, she just response whatever ingredient available and then will cook accordingly. Kind of, we buy what and she cook what, no daily menu. She even cooked 1 veg and 1 egg dishes took 90 minutes.

After a week, we noticed that during midnight, she play with her phone watch video and weechat. Moreover, sometime carry a phone during daytime in pocket when cooking or in toilet. Then we warn her and requested her to put the phone in living room. She can only use the phone during her resting time. Own underwear and bra should use hand wash, surprisingly she using wash machine to wash her bra and told us that she do not know. But when she came, we already talked about the house rules. She is adult and should know this is a hygiene issue.

Her listening also got some problem, sometime cannot hear what we say and do not understand what we saying.

When she first came, we also told her after cooking, she need to check what ingredient not enough and need to let us know 1 day before, so we got time to buy. One day evening, when she going to cook dinner for my wife, then last minute told us that no more meat.

We were very unhappy with that. As she no need to clean baby room, wash of mummy and baby clothes, my mother in law has done all these housework. She just need to cook confinement food and general baby care, but she cannot even perform well the basic requirements. We are speechless and disappointed. She did not even let us check her luggage before leaving; in contract she should ask us to check her bags.

Thoroughly disappointed with Confinement Angels replacement nannies. Never expected so tiring and bad confinement period for my wife. 3 nannies, we gave 3 red packets for start a job and 1 appreciation red packet for 3rd nanny, although her performance not up to expectation.

1st Nanny, only worked 5 days falling sick. Before engage with them, they promised all their nanny doing medical check-up and healthy. Why arranged the nanny that had been continuously worked for 3 months, as nanny job is quite tiring. When our turn, it was nanny 4th assignment in the rows. Come to replacement, they could not find the same quality nanny.

2nd Nanny had never done confinement in Singapore. Never inform us that she is a part time, but we were paying for 3 stars nanny. They at least send a qualified nanny instead of newbies hoping no complaints.

3rd Nanny was also unprofessional, unqualified and inexperienced.

Confinement Angels emphasize they are the Accredited Partner of Thomson Parentcraft Centre which provide high quality trained Malaysian Confinement Nannies based on Thomson Parentcraft Confinement Nanny Training Syllabus. But the standard of replacement nannies were totally unprofessional, unqualified and inexperienced. We would rather not have confinement nanny than to engage one from Confinement Angels for my second child.

In the end, we would like to thanks for Linda and Vivian to assist us during these period. Just their nanny team did not do a great job.

Thank you for sharing. It’s very useful, considering I’m also thinking of engaging them. I hope you have a better experience for your second child. U should post your experience on their Facebook page.

Thanks for sharing. I have engaged them for January confinement. It’s good that you share on their Facebook so that they will pay attention in future.

Thank you for sharing. It’s very useful, considering I’m also thinking of engaging them. I hope you have a better experience for your second child. U should post your experience on their Facebook page.

First nanny was good, but she falling sick and replacement really not up to expectation. I already gave my feedback for the replacement nanny by email to them.

Thanks for sharing. I have engaged them for January confinement. It’s good that you share on their Facebook so that they will pay attention in future.

All the best to you. I already sent them an email about the poor quality of replacement nanny.

Hi okiyas,

Thanks for your detail sharing, would warn my friends mummies in using their service too. How's is both mummy and the baby now? Hope everything is well.

Happy parenting!

Just be aware of their replacement nanny quality in case require to change a nanny. During the confinement period, tiring of changing nanny caused by the confinement angels, but we are enjoy very much of taking care baby on our self now.

Hi kk82,
Saw your post and supposed you have delivered, congrats! I have also engaged confinement angels, may I know how was the nanny’s performance?

Hi kk82,
Saw your post and supposed you have delivered, congrats! I have also engaged confinement angels, may I know how was the nanny’s performance?

Thanks. When are you due? There were some screw up in the assignment of nanny. They replaced my assigned nanny without me knowing. Took her away for replacement of other people’s nanny. In my opinion, they are settling fire and creating more fire.
The saving grace is the nanny who came was good. Meticulous and hygiene.
All the best to you!

Thanks. When are you due? There were some screw up in the assignment of nanny. They replaced my assigned nanny without me knowing. Took her away for replacement of other people’s nanny. In my opinion, they are settling fire and creating more fire.
The saving grace is the nanny who came was good. Meticulous and hygiene.
All the best to you!
I see, glad that it turned out fine . I think that’s the problem with agency, they can shift the nannies around. Me due in early April so wanna check out, so far they have been prompt in replying my emails.. fingers crossed

Hi mummies,

Thanks for sharing your experienced on Confinement Angels.
I was having fear too.
Having hearing unhappy incidents my friends had with their own freelance confinement nanny, I am concern if I would found one that probably meet my requirements and one I would enjoy my confinement. It was a blessing for me when I found a suitable confinement nanny through Confinement Angels, so much so would look forward to having a second baby.

Earlier on before Confinement Angels, I got myself a freelance confinement nanny online, who claimed she had 10 years of experiences as confinement nanny. However, she didn’t seems to quite meet my hygiene requirement and on the 3rd day of work, she told me she wanted to leave as she was unwell! I called Confinement Angels and within 2 days, they found me a suitable nanny that meets my hygiene requirements.

Auntie Leah Tee is patient, kind and caring to my baby. She would talk to baby when he is bathing or gets cranky for attention. Having years of experience of taking care of her own 3 children, i know i can entrust my baby to her. She have a good positive attitude, is flexible and accommodating to my hygiene requirement, which I am rather particular with. It is good that she is willing to listen and accommodate without being unhappy when being told. Being not calculative, she would also take her initiative to clean the floor at times.

She is easygoing and got along well with my parents and in-laws when they come over. She does not mind helping me make dessert for them and cooking extra share for my closed family. Besides, she cooks very well.

Being responsible and having above good attributes, I am thinking to look for her if my second baby comes along. Hence, I would strongly recommend her to my friends.

Maybe can inform the agency the nannies name you do want to be send to you.

Now i would rather take an agency then go for freelance nanny, at least any issue I have someone to call to resolve it.

This is my second child. Had my first without a confinement nanny and confinement was traumatic if not non existent. Wished I had the help of Aunty Kim (CA194 Ong Pee Kim) back then. This time round confinement is such a bliss. Aunty Kim took such good care of the baby and me that I really could prioritize recovery.

The baby came early and many things were not prepared yet but Aunty Kim jumped straight into helping us set up the moment she arrived. Really grateful for her initiative and thoughtfulness!

We hardly hear the baby cry at night as Aunty tends to him very promptly. She also updates us regularly on baby.

Aunty Kim also check with me how I respond to every herbal soup so that she can make adjustments accordingly to ensure my well being. She would offer suggestions whenever we meet with problems but remains respectful of our decision.

Aunty Kim from Confinement Angels is a blessing to have and I would highly recommend her to other mummies

Last edited:
Hi, though there are some bad reviews about confinement angels, but we most likely will proceed with them. Cos my edd is in sep 19 and they are the only agency with available nanny for now. Crossed my fingers. Anyone that used them before can refer me to them so I can get some discount and you can get a voucher or something in return from them too?

Hi to all,

I had been looking for a private confinement lady for a while as my previous one has retired.
To find a good one is hard when you are late as usually they are fully booked.

I used to hear bad reviews about agencies but decided to take a risk for this round as no availability for a good nanny.

I was reading through this forum to find out more about confinement angels but I think it seems like their recent reviews had been good. So I decided to give confinement angels a try as they have 88 hours of training for their nannies.

I called up and the agent came to share with me more about their services. I was pleased with the initial meetup as they are confident and reassuring their nannies are good. If in any case, I can still change nanny.
Also, they have the flexibility like if you give birth early or later, you will surely have a nanny. The private nanny might incurred a charge if you have them waiting for half a month, etc.

I had a few false alarm on the date of birth and the agent was patient with me. Really appreciate that.
Also, they recommend me to get a certified nanny since I have experienced with new borns before. This shows they care to help in savings on my side.

Now, the nanny was with me for a week. Though she was certified but she is experienced, had the knowledge on types of herbs and to be flexible with cooking. Every day has a different variety of dishes. She is flexible to cater to our needs and requests for food and baby.

I guess they had improved their services over the years and it is surely worth to check them out by arranging the agent for meetup and address the concerns you might have. =)

Heard of some similar problem from my friend who engages with them, so instead, I went to PEM which recommend by others.

My nanny from PEM is very professional and well-trained but also give me a sense of motherhood. She take a good care with both baby and me, cooks a delicious confinement food and also providing breastfeeding tips!

I think I would recommend PEM nanny based on my personal experience.

Hi to all,

I had been looking for a private confinement lady for a while as my previous one has retired.
To find a good one is hard when you are late as usually they are fully booked.

I used to hear bad reviews about agencies but decided to take a risk for this round as no availability for a good nanny.

I was reading through this forum to find out more about confinement angels but I think it seems like their recent reviews had been good. So I decided to give confinement angels a try as they have 88 hours of training for their nannies.

I called up and the agent came to share with me more about their services. I was pleased with the initial meetup as they are confident and reassuring their nannies are good. If in any case, I can still change nanny.
Also, they have the flexibility like if you give birth early or later, you will surely have a nanny. The private nanny might incurred a charge if you have them waiting for half a month, etc.

I had a few false alarm on the date of birth and the agent was patient with me. Really appreciate that.
Also, they recommend me to get a certified nanny since I have experienced with new borns before. This shows they care to help in savings on my side.

Now, the nanny was with me for a week. Though she was certified but she is experienced, had the knowledge on types of herbs and to be flexible with cooking. Every day has a different variety of dishes. She is flexible to cater to our needs and requests for food and baby.

I guess they had improved their services over the years and it is surely worth to check them out by arranging the agent for meetup and address the concerns you might have. =)
Hi, may I know which package you went for?

Dear future moms to be,

Please please do NOT engage Confinement Angels. I just had a horrible experiences with the nannies sent by the agency, and I cannot emphasize enough not to engage them. The agency seems to advertise that their nannies are trained under Dr. WBB, and the training curriculum might be written by her, but the nannies (I had 3 nannies in the course of 1 month) are not qualified to take care of newborns. Two nannies almost put my baby into a health hazard. If you want to know more about it, I would be happy to share, but I highly strongly advise you not to use this agency.

Dear future moms to be,

Please please do NOT engage Confinement Angels. I just had a horrible experiences with the nannies sent by the agency, and I cannot emphasize enough not to engage them. The agency seems to advertise that their nannies are trained under Dr. WBB, and the training curriculum might be written by her, but the nannies (I had 3 nannies in the course of 1 month) are not qualified to take care of newborns. Two nannies almost put my baby into a health hazard. If you want to know more about it, I would be happy to share, but I highly strongly advise you not to use this agency.

We are having our first baby in May 2020! and deciding on agency. We were recommended by few friends who have used their service. One of them was even a return client who have good experienced for both their first and second babies.
Can share what happened and what nanny did to your baby?? i actually made an appointment with them this Sat!

Hi, everyone has different experiences and whether you like the nannies also depends on a lot of factors. Maybe the mom can get along with the nanny, the nanny can cook well, or seems nice overall etc. But if we are putting everything aside and strictly looking at the quality and capability of infant care, these nannies are not acceptable. Not only is it bad, but I find it almost dangerous for them to be the caretaker we are supposed to get advice from. The sad thing is that often times, we are also new moms so don’t know what’s right or wrong. In my case, my pediatrician had to intervene.
Just a few things,
- poor hygiene leading to infection. No washing hands after bathroom use/ touching raw kitchen ingredients and going straight to the baby even after several warnings
- touching baby’s face/ feeding baby after diaper change without washing hands
- no knowledge in proper baby bottle sterilization. I only found out on week 3 that it wasn’t being cleaned properly. Maybe that’s why my baby got infection? (hard to prove)
- they want their night time to be easier so will recommend things that aren’t necessarily good for the baby, so that the nanny can sleep more at night. If you just listen to them, you can also sleep but only if you don’t care what’s going on with the baby. I woke up so many times to find that nanny was feeding the baby with eyes closed/ half sleeping with her arm on my baby’s stomach as a resting spot and the baby was coughing and didn’t even take the bottle out.
- no proper knowledge in bottle feeding leading to air ingestion - possible colic issues
- no proper knowledge in confinement food ingredients. They know what’s “good” and can make you fancy soups with the recipe but they don’t know what’s BAD for you and I ended up eating a whole bottle of this sauce that I’m not supposed to eat.
- overfeeding the baby so that the baby will stop crying so the nanny can rest. This is the most serious issue. Often times when the baby cries, we also don’t know what to do and are clueless. When you overfeeding the baby, they WILL sleep. My pediatrician had to intervene because we were feeding a 2-3week old the amount that was more than what a 6 months would be drinking. All under the nanny’s supervision. I was also fully breast feeding and was told to top up with FORMULA which we did because we had no idea.

basically I had 3 nannies within one month and let’s say 2 of the nannies were like this. I rather not have a confinement nanny than engage one from CA. Please please for the sake of your baby, reconsider. I would hate to have this happen to anyone else in Singapore.

Just on a side note, my case got big enough that I actually had to end up talking to Dr. Wong Boh Boi regarding the bad nanny experiences with Confinement Angels. She has informed me that she does not train the Confinement Angels nannies. So the agency is basically using her name for marketing/selling purpose. Please do not involve this agency for you newborn please. It is too risky.

Just on a side note, my case got big enough that I actually had to end up talking to Dr. Wong Boh Boi regarding the bad nanny experiences with Confinement Angels. She has informed me that she does not train the Confinement Angels nannies. So the agency is basically using her name for marketing/selling purpose. Please do not involve this agency for you newborn please. It is too risky.

Confinement Angels i think they are trained by Thomson Medical Hospital... That is my simple understanding.

Had a pleasant confinement and would like to share here.

Not once but twice. We engaged Confinement Angels before and overall experience was pleasant. Communication between the team was very welcoming and smooth even when we have some plans to work on together before the birth of our second child.

A responsible and positive attitude nanny, Mdm Leow Woo Chin was assigned to us. She is very accomodating and adapts to our specific requests on the way we wish to take care of our newborn, especially we know that our newborn is not easy to handle.

Apart from her patience and care towards our newborn, she has also been attentive to my needs, creative and thoughtful in the meals she prepared. The variety in menu has helped made my wife more at ease during her Confinement period.

Excellent work! Really thankful to the team at Confinement Angels, particularly Linda and Mdm Leow for all the assistance and care to our family during this period.

We engaged Confinement Angels Nanny Services and have a confinement lady from 2017 Nov 05 to 2017 Dec 02 (28 days stay in). We were engaged 3 stars nannies services with additional $380 surcharge. They saying these nannies are superior in knowledge and service, with proven record by achieving 3 and above Excellent Customer Feedback.

My wife still doing confinement and changed 3 already. We decided to discontinue their services 1 week earlier. We were very disappointing about their nanny quality.

We were given this first confinement lady named Chris - YEONG CH** KI**. She is 52 years old. Before nanny arrival, we have requested the nanny profile.

1st Nanny Chris - YEONG CH** KI**.

My wife discharged from Thomson Medical Hospital on 05/Nov (Sunday) around 1:30pm and nanny arrived our house around 2:30pm, very on time. She is a very nice person to talk with, experienced and knowledgeable. Because of her good profile, we had gave her $58 red packet upon arrival. She went to Fair price with me at first day. After she came back from supermarket, she did not rest and straight away prepared dinner for my wife. We were very satisfied with the nanny performance after she worked for 3 days. We had told her that intended to extend her for 1 more month.

She was very particular about hygiene and professional.

-Prepared delicious and nutritious confinement foods, filling thermos with red dates tea.

-Guide us how to take care of baby, bathe, feed, burp, change diaper.

-When my baby did not fall sleep, she coax her to sleep and attention to her all the time. She would sleep only the baby does.

But the good times couldn't last forever. Day 5 (10/Nov), around 7:40pm nanny informed us that she feeling unwell and caught flu. She cannot handle baby and need to leave for few days to get some rest.

She informed us that need to leave immediately because do not want to spread virus. We were very shocked and panic during that night. Being first time mum and dad, we had no experience to handle baby and relied heavily on her. Also my wife C-sec for less than a week. So, that night nanny do nothing, whole night me and my wife take care of baby. She leave at next day. Confinement period only 28days, but she had worked only 5 days and need to take MC for few days, what a surprised.

As for replacement need to take 2-3 days, that mean we need to take care baby by our self for few days. Make us no choice and we had to changed the flight departure date for my mother in law early 1 week to come Singapore at next day to taking care of baby.

Nanny job scope in contract included wash of mummy and baby clothes. Clean baby room and kitchen after cooked. Although she did not do all these, and make a mess in our kitchen, but we are still ok with it. She even caused my baby umbilical cord infection with water during bathes. We were one eye open and one eye closed. More importantly she can taking care baby and mummy.

As what we understand that, Chris aunty had continuously taken the confinement job for 3 months Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov (us). Probably she had not taken a good rest and caused her sick after worked only 5 days in our house. We believe in Confinement Angels can find a same quality for 3 stars replacement nanny, so we want aunty Chris to get some rest. We want the healthy nanny to taking care baby and mummy.

2nd Nanny - Tham Yo** E** (52 years Old)

We thought Confinement Angels would arranged the same quality 3 stars replacement nanny. When replacement nanny arrived, after talking with her and we just realized that she just a part time nanny. She has not handle single case in Singapore. She even does not sign any contract agreement with Confinement Angels, just a freelance nanny. We cannot believe that they just arranged the newbies hoping no complaints.

She had nice personality, and saying that she had done confinement in Malaysia but not in Singapore. I feel that it a hassle to change another nanny and willing to give her a chance to try. Unfortunately, she cannot handle baby at night, overslept, snoring very loud and response a bit slow. She gave up after 2 days and herself informed nanny team to get a replacement for us.

3rd Nanny - LEE SA* W** (38 years old)

We have been informed that they cannot find any 3 stars nanny for us which made us super upset. This is also a very bad confinement period for my wife as well. All these plays a part in making us busy and my wife not being able to rest during confinement.

No choice, we had to accept it. We hope that standard nanny is still ok. Because Confinement Angels assure they provide high quality trained Malaysian Confinement Nannies based on Thomson Parentcraft Confinement Nanny Training Syllabus before we engage their services.

When 3rd nanny arrived, we communicated with nanny on the house rules, preferred style of taking care baby and routines to ensure nanny understand our requirements.

She say she have experience in Singapore but I feel that she is not up to standard in a certain way. Although she did everything what we have requested; but she taking baby skill is not very good compared to first nanny.

She cooking skill is also not good, confinement foods she cooked was not delicious. Every time when we asked her what to cook, she just response whatever ingredient available and then will cook accordingly. Kind of, we buy what and she cook what, no daily menu. She even cooked 1 veg and 1 egg dishes took 90 minutes.

After a week, we noticed that during midnight, she play with her phone watch video and weechat. Moreover, sometime carry a phone during daytime in pocket when cooking or in toilet. Then we warn her and requested her to put the phone in living room. She can only use the phone during her resting time. Own underwear and bra should use hand wash, surprisingly she using wash machine to wash her bra and told us that she do not know. But when she came, we already talked about the house rules. She is adult and should know this is a hygiene issue.

Her listening also got some problem, sometime cannot hear what we say and do not understand what we saying.

When she first came, we also told her after cooking, she need to check what ingredient not enough and need to let us know 1 day before, so we got time to buy. One day evening, when she going to cook dinner for my wife, then last minute told us that no more meat.

We were very unhappy with that. As she no need to clean baby room, wash of mummy and baby clothes, my mother in law has done all these housework. She just need to cook confinement food and general baby care, but she cannot even perform well the basic requirements. We are speechless and disappointed. She did not even let us check her luggage before leaving; in contract she should ask us to check her bags.

Thoroughly disappointed with Confinement Angels replacement nannies. Never expected so tiring and bad confinement period for my wife. 3 nannies, we gave 3 red packets for start a job and 1 appreciation red packet for 3rd nanny, although her performance not up to expectation.

1st Nanny, only worked 5 days falling sick. Before engage with them, they promised all their nanny doing medical check-up and healthy. Why arranged the nanny that had been continuously worked for 3 months, as nanny job is quite tiring. When our turn, it was nanny 4th assignment in the rows. Come to replacement, they could not find the same quality nanny.

2nd Nanny had never done confinement in Singapore. Never inform us that she is a part time, but we were paying for 3 stars nanny. They at least send a qualified nanny instead of newbies hoping no complaints.

3rd Nanny was also unprofessional, unqualified and inexperienced.

Confinement Angels emphasize they are the Accredited Partner of Thomson Parentcraft Centre which provide high quality trained Malaysian Confinement Nannies based on Thomson Parentcraft Confinement Nanny Training Syllabus. But the standard of replacement nannies were totally unprofessional, unqualified and inexperienced. We would rather not have confinement nanny than to engage one from Confinement Angels for my second child.

In the end, we would like to thanks for Linda and Vivian to assist us during these period. Just their nanny team did not do a great job.

Yes that is what happen to my sister too! I guess we can't control or blame nanny or the agency if she is sick and request to leave. However, the replacement nanny is also a freelance nanny but luckily she is experienced and all is good. My initial choice is Confinement Angel or PEM but anyway, after my sister's experience, i decided to go for NannySOS through my friend's recommendation. Sew Lan was my confinement nanny. She not only takes good care of my baby like her own, but also take care of me very well. She is a very caring, neat and patience nanny. Strongly recommended for both Nannysos and Sew Lan for your confinement needs.

Hi all! Thanks for sharing your views and experiences with Confinement Angels. Seems like there are both good and bad experiences with them. Think all depends on the nanny assigned... Would anyone like to share your referral code with me? I'll get $30 off and you'll receive $30 NTUC vouchers based on their current promo. Please PM me. Thanks!

Hi all,

I had previously engaged Confinement Angels and the nanny is very experienced.
But lately, heard their service standard declined and not sure how true is it and whether safe to engage their nanny now.
The nanny serving me last time no longer available.
Anyone engaging their nanny currently and heard anything?

Last edited:
Ya, their nanny services no longer as good as they used to during my 1st baby.
Regretted engaging them this 2nd time round.

Last edited:
I am having their nanny now, she is leaving to other agencies too after finishing taking care of me, she said Company is not stable now, many of the senior nannies also leaving.

Last edited:
Agency being sued due to what reason? Baby get hurt by their nanny?

Probably is. I will share my experienced.

6 star Nanny Siew Lian from Confinement Angels

This nanny caused me a lot of distress and I think some points are quite serious.

Here it is -
1. Very negative. Gossips about previous employers everyday. If she worked for you before, you’re probably part of her stories. Probably shared your photos too.
Speak badly about other people including my helper and postnatal masseuse whom both she only saw once, commented about me don’t have much breastmilk after massage which made me quite depressed.
2. Ask my husband to buy a lot of ingredients everyday. Within that 2 weeks, we spent $1k plus just on groceries. Most days only me eating. Hubby only eat dinner sometimes. Why there’s always not enough ingredients or food? Beats me. Food taste so so and have hair in it multiple times. Told her there’s hair she just took it and throw on the floor, another time she said the hair must be when buying not cooking (hair was stuck inside the cooked food). Always push the blame to other people. Talking about food all the time, focus not on baby. When I was talking to my husband or watching show she kept interrupting and telling us about food. Stays in kitchen most of the time. Said she doesn’t use phone during work but end up use so often she even brought charger to kitchen to charge and use. After cooking she just sits in kitchen and use phone. I have to take care of baby most of the time. Don’t know why I even need to hire this nanny.
3. Baby cries a lot with nanny, she doesn’t know how to handle. End up my I didn’t get much rest because every morning she’ll pass baby to me and say baby looking for me. Sometimes haven’t even wash up she already push baby to me. Because my baby keep crying when with nanny, I was worried and just take over. Once take over, baby slept soundly within minutes. When pumping milk she kept rushing me and ask if milk is ready when there’s milk in fridge because she says give “fresh ones”. Then what for pump and keep milk in fridge?? Making me was so stressed rushing all the time.
4. When my baby cries, she only deduce it’s because hungry or diaper dirty. I found out that my baby was very hot whole head sweating / my baby was left alone with the balcony door wide open and so cold kept sneezing / baby nose stuck couldn’t breathe properly / stomach very bloated due to over feeding. Again, focus not on baby, not attentive. Yet this nanny complain that my baby is stubborn and bad tempered because she cry and fuss. Excuse me, if you can’t handle it and only want babies who don’t cry then don’t be a nanny!
5. Does not listen to feedback and talk back all the time. Told her to follow certain timing and amount to feed as advised by doctor but she does it her own way and says very difficult to follow doctor and she has more experience than doctor. It could be more than 4 hours and she hasn’t fed my baby or she could feed in an hour time saying baby pooped and very hungry. Sure, as if baby don’t poop all the time. So ridiculous.
6. Spoiled stove hood and fan within that 2 weeks. Was slamming the fridge door whenever she closes it until I told her not to.
7. Said she doesn’t use dryer but end up use the washing machine and dryer more than me. Asked me to remove the clothes in the dryer because she needs to use. We are the owner, we should be using our house items the way we want.
8. Dozed off while carrying baby. When I saw and asked her to wake up, she defended that she “养神” (conserving energy). Pls do not “养神” when holding baby! I am so angry hearing this!
9.Switched on fire to cook and went back to rest on bed. I told her not to do it because it’s so dangerous. She claims she’s only lying down a while and will check the fire. What if she falls into deep sleep??
10. The day she was terminated she said lucky because she’s also stressed with the feeding of 3 hours (again, families who follow doctor advise is difficult for her) and that she may hurt baby accidentally when she’s stressed. She said she old already never mind but baby still small. When asked what she meant she replied don’t talk about things that haven’t happened. This is the absolute worst nightmare for parents when a nanny has such thoughts!!! I can’t believe it!! She should have been chased out of the house immediately. She also mention that “based on MOM law” we still have pay her a full month of confinement fees even if we terminate her earlier. Of course I hubby know this is not true.

There are more points but the above are the main few. I still give her $100+ angbao when leaving but I think it’s so ridiculous that I should help warn other parents. Some points are really dangerous!

Back