Anyone TTC in July 2006?

sweet, your seller is on the thread doing BP or selling her personal collection? Looks like everyone wants to buy a set of the DVDs! If its a BP, maybe I also buy one
happy.gif

irene, perfectionist like us -- quite hard to multi-task too many things... only stress ourself only... haiz...

Gal, I didn't buy the dog parade as I can see this title quite often. Its save the moon mouse that I don't see often so I buy at borders.

Hung, yup that day my friend and I were discussing how come the older generation can handle so many kids without maid! Think our expectations are different bah now... I couldn't do 1 toddler and 1 newborn, but now that both girls are older, it is actually perfectly manageable!

Hung,
Really very near to my place. Wondering if we will meet one another nearby.
happy.gif
Sudden change of environment from one area to another area. U used to live in the east?

Irene,
Must share other new dvd titles that joshua likes in the future
happy.gif

Mich
I used to wonder about that all the time. Esp older generation do not have 1 or 2 kids , they h ave like 5 or more. I think the main reason would be there's not much entertainment before : no K, no Internet, no PSP so on and so on...

Hung, why maid is not a choice for you?

Definitely alot of things to consider if you don't intend to get maid for help or anyone else. If there's help from MIL then should be fine.

Gal, the other DVD that Joshua likes would be Barney lor.
happy.gif

Mich, yah...I think its different expectation. Our parents just want to bring us up strong and healthy. They are not bothered by not being able to teach us on their own as they believe in sending us to school and learn from there.

Ladies,
can I ask if your kiddos still goes into your carrier/slings? I am thinking how mummies maange their toddler during travelling ? What are some good slings that can carry a toddler until 3 years old? How do one bring their kids and carry and walk in places like BKK, china, so on and so on.

Gal/Irene, nowadys think we are more kia su, we want to make sure they are not only healthy but smart too! Then have to coach them in their school work and send for enrichment. No wonder pple dun want to have 5 or 6 kids, unless super rich and can afford nannies and tutors.

Gal, Joy is too big for the sling now. I guess will have to just carry her to sleep while travelling. For travelling, you may want to use a pram? Cannot imagine lugging a 10kg toddler all over BKK?? What if she dun want to walk while shopping *faint*

gal, the seller has replied me. currently no stock, waiting for new stock to come in

we didnt put Trishelle in the bbjorn carrier for quite a while liao since she has gotten use to sitting in strollers again!

that time when u go HK, u use stroller for serena? i think i will bring both bbjorn & stroller for the HK trip. carrier is good if short distance with limited walking space (aka difficult to push stroller ard). if u wan to go walking the whole day, think carrier can kill your back!

Mich,
Not planning to go BKK but I was reading the forum saying those non friendly child countries, you have to carry teh child. No joke to carry the child all the time including shopping

Sweet,
Do you have the list of other dvd the seller has?

We used the stroller but serena didn't want to sit too long So we had the maid to help and also mainly go nearby places if not taxi. Just thinking what other mummies do.

Sweet,
No probs. Will wait for her reply.

Hung,
Why sudden urge to move back to east? Nearer to in laws?

Hung, I don't think I will ever be a SAHM again. Meaning I have to do something besides looking after the kids, say work part time? I don't mind not having a full time job, but I need to have some kind of other distraction or rather say time out!

Gal, I am still using sling. Joshua can sleep in the sling too and he is currently around 10kg.

I intend to bring sling, carrier and stroller when I go for the HK/Macau trip this year end.

If I don't use the sling, I can't carry Joshua for more than 10mins. My arms are weak.

I used the lightweight stroller when I brought Sharis to HK last Christmas. However HK is sooooo crowded and the people there just do not let you go 1st so it was alittle difficult to shop around with the stroller. On the 2nd day, my hubby gave up and we took turns to carry her instead.

Irene,
wah. u still slinging Joshua, he ok? Is joshua approaching 11KG? 11KG on the sling. Ouch.. U must have a strong back.

Jeng,
Yeah. it's quite difficult to use stroller in HK. They dun give way even to children.

Gal, Joshua lost weight due to the fever so he is currently 10kg now. But then even before he fell sick, I also sling him.
I still sling him from the time I leave home, take LRT and MRT to United square and back home.
On the way back, he will sleep and its even heavier as its just dead weight.

I think its a matter of getting used to it. But ofcoz, I do feel tired and my back hurts at the end of the day.

So that is why I never go shopping with Joshua.

Sweet,
The seller replied me. Seems she has other dvd going for 7 dollars too. Waiting for her titles now.

Irene,
Sling all the way
proud.gif
My goodness. So travelling with Joshua and your sling surely no issue for you.

gal, that's great!

aiyo, even though Trishelle is only 8.8kg but i find myself buay tahan even for that short 5 mins walk to and fro carpark everyday

Gal, no lah...that's why I need to borrow a carrier and bring the stroller along. My hb will use the carrier if Joshua didn't want to stay in the stroller.
I have one super light stroller which is very good but I cannot recline the seat so its not comfortable when Joshua wants to sleep. So I will use the sling when Joshua wants to sleep.

Sweet, its a matter of getting used to it. I use the sling since day 1 so my muscle grows with Joshua. Hahaha...
Yesterday I tried carrying Joshua and walk 10mins plus climbing a 4 storey stairs, I got muscle ache on my arms and calf now!

irene, we also not bringing the marclaren stroller to HK coz it's super heavy! we will bring the combi one which is lighter but can still recline.. coz the carrier very difficult to sleep, coz only upright position ;p

aiyo, u can still climb 4 storey stairs?! i think my arms will fail me and we will both end up tumbling down the stairs ;p

Irene,
My goodness ..4 storey stairs is really no joke. I can carry serena max 5 minutes. cannot longer than that. She is like 10+KG. U sure no probs in HK. I have faith in you.hehe
Btw, what is the brand of your super light stroller.

Irene, my super light stroller also cannot recline one so it is a little uncomfortable to sleep on it. Always see Sharis' head in a weird position.

yoji, the seller never reply me leh. what titles does she have? I also feel like getting some.

Sweet, I also wouldn't bring the maclaren stroller anywhere, super heavy. Light is important.

Irene, 4 stories??? wow, you got strong arms leh... looks like you'll be able to shop and carry Joshua in HK at the same time. I also used to bring serene out on my own only with sling cos its too mah fan to bring stroller. Yah and in the end dun go many places on my own cos she's too heavy to carry. Neck and back and arm can ache and ache...

Sweet, are u off to Genting soon?

Gal, I dunno the brand of that stroller as I can't find it on the stroller at all. I bought it at John little's. Its really light...I can carry it in and out of the car boot with Joshua in one of my arms.

ladies, anyone knows whether The Wheels On The Bus Nursery Rhymes DVD interesting for kids? Want to buy but not sure whether it will captivate Sharis' attention. I understand from the seller that there are 4 series so which one is the best?

Hung, that is why my body is forever aching. And that is also why I always tell my hb I need to go massage every few months to recharge.

jeng,
I bought one of the wheels on the bus nursery rhymes like few months ago. it's like cartoon type and serena walk away in less than 5 minutes

Irene,
Think you should go and massage every few months. Just to recharge and feel fresh again for the weekday 'job'.

yoji, thanks for your info. Ok in that case I will just buy the Animal adventures cos stock is in. Have you bought yours?

Irene,
Think the wheels on the bus titles are all availble this week. U wanna sell emailing the seller an ask.

I not as strong as you. I have to go massage every fornight. Always here pain there pain. U should go, your exercise is worse than those gym work out leh.

Jeng,
I tried contacting the seller to confirm my order but no response from her again. U manage to arrange that yet?

Ladies,
Anyone here encountered this sort of issues : Child is very naughty and always want you to carry and throw tantrum easily when parents are around. When parents is out and left with helper or grandma, the child will turn into an angel and be very obedient?

Gal, can pm or email me the seller's email address?

Oh, you go every fortnight ah? Wahaha...I bu she de to spend so much. I will get my hb to help me press my back every now and then.

Mmm..I think it depends on Joshua mood. Sometimes he does bully me but I don't think it is like what you mentioned.

Irene,
PM u. In australia, I go like once a month and that cost me about 100 dollars an hour. Labour is so much more expensive. Here, it's like less than 40 dollars an hour for those javanese massage near my home. I thought it's reasonable. How much did u pay for your last massage?

Jeng,
Seller replied me too. Now waiting for seller to send this to me. Did u order any other titles?

Gal, wow...so the massage is so much cheaper here!
I paid $65 the last round. If I were to take up the package, it will be $56 per session and it can be one hour or 1.5hrs. Still can use the steam bath.

Wow...your side very cheap leh!

yoji, no I did not order the nursery rhymes after you told me not so interesting. Only ordered the Animal Adventures.

Jeng,
Yeah lor. Hope Serena will like it later one if not wasted.

Irene,
The massage you mentioned is near home? I must find one near home if not like so much effort needed just to go massage.

Wow...time really passes very fast leh. Now already into Nov. Hopefully Nov can pass fast fast then it comes Dec. Wahahaha...

And so fast hor, my hb will be back from his trip this Wed liao.

gal, so far i didnt experience that with trishelle. she will just misbehave/throw temper as and when she likes, not person dependent.

2 weekends ago, we 1st time experience she threw temper outside! at the toys section in robinsons, she refuse to let go of a toy and when we forcefully drag her away, she started screaming and digging her heels in

irene, very fast de! your hb will be home soon
happy.gif

Sweet, yah...actually time passes very fast. Sometimes its the thought that is dreadful but when you actually have to do it, its alright.

yup agreed. the anticipating part is more "painful" but when you are actually in the midst of it liao, you can look forward to the light at the end of the tunnel ;p

Back