Anyone feel moody after divorce especially CNY is coming?

LTS

I'm recently divorced after a 15 yrs marriage. Feeling really moody whenever I thot of the reunion dinner that its not going to be complete anymore. Feel sorry for my 2 kids that they cant celebrate as a family.

Any divorced mummies out there? How did u all survive thru cny? Dont want to face all the relatives also.

I am not divorce however my husband not with me (perhaps u can read abt my post). I have no mood to celebrate in sg too. For me I will go to Malaysia find my husband. U may use this holiday to bring ur kids overseas too.

Go back to your own family. Otherwise, you can always bring your kids to vacation during cny period. It's just a festive season, or so-call traditional practice of 'reunion dinner'.

I'm recently divorced after a 15 yrs marriage. Feeling really moody whenever I thot of the reunion dinner that its not going to be complete anymore. Feel sorry for my 2 kids that they cant celebrate as a family.

Any divorced mummies out there? How did u all survive thru cny? Dont want to face all the relatives also.

i understand how you feel. just feel lik hiding in a hole forever... it's ok. you can still enjoy the CNY. it's jus a matter how you do it.

You can suggest to your family to have a separate reunion dinner in a smaller group on a different day, kept only within your immediate family members. in this case, you can avoid the bigger group but still maintain the festive mood at least for your kids.

Alternatively, you can also have your very OWN reunion dinner kept within yourself and your kids or also invite some good friends/colleagues who for some reason stay around (alone) during CNY eve.

please remember, it's not who at the table that completes the CNY mood. it's your mindset and attitude that completes the mood.

Who say single parent can't enjoy CNY? You and your kids are already a family nuclear to enjoy CNY.

as for the visiting, you can opt out. coz you dont owe anyone (except kids and immediate family members) an explanation. you can ask your kids to follow your parents or sibling if they want to go. no issue.

Last edited:

Same feeling as you. Not divorce yet but husband already moved out of matrimonial home.

Have you tried to invite ur ex for reunion dinner ? For me, I’m divorced for about one year. I took the courage to invite my ex-wife for my family Reunion dinner and she accepted(my parents acutually do not know that we are divorced)

Have you tried to invite ur ex for reunion dinner ? For me, I’m divorced for about one year. I took the courage to invite my ex-wife for my family Reunion dinner and she accepted(my parents acutually do not know that we are divorced)
John same as you I invited my husband back home for our 1st reunion dinner at our new place which also happened to be our last reunion dinner at our new matrimonial home. He came but the whole feeling was so fake. Now after the dinner, my heart was bleeding badly inside.

John same as you I invited my husband back home for our 1st reunion dinner at our new place which also happened to be our last reunion dinner at our new matrimonial home. He came but the whole feeling was so fake. Now after the dinner, my heart was bleeding badly inside.
Hi Sis,
Totally understand yr feeling. It takes time to heal..... try talking to yr close friends and share your thought, don’t keep them inside.
On the brighter side, at least yr ex show up for the dinner.

I k

I know how you feel. Just filed for divorce and my soon to be ex hub still ask if our kids can go back for reunion dinner. (Never include me) also ask me can go CNY visiting. Really face palm. The other side suddenly treat me as stranger when it was their son who did wrong

I have a question about separation. I am with a person who is going through separation , he claims that the separation is with the lawyer. Is it true that the separation letters need not be held by the principal parties?

Back