Anyone doing IVF in 2020?

Thanks, baby dust to you! Don’t be too paranoid about symptoms, it’s not always accurate. You can start POAS already?
Ya. Trying hard not to think. I think I can POAS but decided not to do so before blood test. I didn’t have any at home too. Just gotta hang on for another 4 days

So did you concieve after 42 follicles
Hi. Sorry for late reply.
42follicles, 12 became blastocysts. (ER aug 2019)

3 FET: 1x chemical pregnancy (Nov2019) , 1x 6 weeks Miscarriage didn't get to see heartbeat(March 2020) , 1x missed miscarriage at 12weeks (Sept 2020)

Basically conceived but trouble to sustain pregnancy. Now I'm taking a bit break (while waiting for some test results). will try again FET end of year or early next yr. I left 6 blastocysts.

3 FET: 1x chemical pregnancy (Nov2019) , 1x 6 weeks Miscarriage didn't get to see heartbeat(March 2020) , 1x missed miscarriage at 12weeks (Sept 2020)

Basically conceived but trouble to sustain pregnancy. Now I'm taking a bit break (while waiting for some test results). will try again FET end of year or early next yr. I left 6 blastocysts.
So sorry to hear this.. do update us about ur tests..

I’m sorry to hear this, wish you well. We’re here to support each other.

Hi all,
Greatly need your advice on the process of getting referral to do IVF in KK.

I'm 32 and DH is 47. We have been ttc for 2 years +, and seeing private Dr from Gleneagles since January this year. Long story short, we decided to switch to KK because of gov co-funding for IVF. But the Dr attended to us said the earliest possible date will be Feb next year if we start queuing now. In the end he did not refer us to IVF because I'm still young (but I'm so desperate! ). Instead he asked us to do scan, blood test and semen analysis again. Next Dr appt will be 2 months later in Jan 2021. What if next round the Dr still refused to refer us to IVF? Is there any way to expedite the process ??

Background: My left fallopian tube is partially blocked and I often ovulate from the left side (5 out of 6 cycles). Dr said my left ovary is too dominant. So despite having good follicle size and uterine lining, we failed all the monitored cycles with ovulation trigger shot & timed intercourse. Currently we are trying letrozole + IUI for 3 cycles. But chances are very slim coz letrozole will not make me ovulate from the right (good side). Super ovulation is not an option too because of higher risk of ectopic pregnancy.

Appreciate your advice TIA!

Hi, need some advice... How do we start FET? And how long after ER we can start FET?
Usually 2 months? Skip the current and next cycle to reset hormones. Depends on your doctor’s protocol too! Your doctor will start you on FET either natural or medicated so best to check with him/her :)

Stay strong and jia you!

How are u feeling?
After reading about ER experience, i expected more pain. But was not like tht. Its a sore feeling but can walk. Very light spotting only. I slept through ard 5 hrs. I can walk ard the house. Just got to drink 2 litres of water to heal faster.

Is it good? I thought it was lesser compared to what i read up. True that, we only need that one egg. Hope ur words come true

Is it good? I thought it was lesser compared to what i read up. True that, we only need that one egg. Hope ur words come true
I think its okay leh.. we can retrieve alot but most importantly is what is viable after so dont worry too much!

Last edited:

So sorry dear!! hugs to you
Are you still with Dr Jerry?

Hi, i mean frozen transfer though... cos this cycle Dr say i cant do ET due to high risk of OHSS!

Take care & rest well! I learnt that although can start FET at any cycle when your lining is thick enough, it will be good to start when your menses looks good too (bright red, no blood clot, adequate volume) that means your body is prepared. On the contrary, dark colour, clots, too little is an indication of poor circulation. Just for your reference coz everyone is different. I'm sure you have the best plan for yourself. All the best

According to US standards, it is a good number. My doctors said that more than 13 eggs retrieved would usually see a large drop in quality.

I you are seeing like over 20 eggs, very likely it’s a case of polycystic too where majority of the eggs not gonna be of good quality too. Like even if they become blastocyst, the rate of miscarriage is high.

Of course, the woman’s age and ovarian reserve matters too. As with age, the ovarian reserve drops and thus lesser eggs.

Last edited:
According to US standards, it is a good number. My doctors said that more than 13 eggs retrieved would usually see a large drop in quality.

I you are seeing like over 20 eggs, very likely it’s a case of polycystic too where majority of the eggs not gonna be of good quality too. Like even if they become blastocyst, the rate of miscarriage is high.

Of course, the woman’s age and ovarian reserve matters too. As with age, the ovarian reserve drops and thus lesser eggs.
This is a good read. Thanls for letting me know on this. My hubby was feeling a bit low if the 13 eggs, im gg to explain this to him. Thanks dear

This is a good read. Thanls for letting me know on this. My hubby was feeling a bit low if the 13 eggs, im gg to explain this to him. Thanks dear
Yeps! Cuz I was very concerned when my doctor told me that once we see 8-10 growing follicles near the ideal size, they are going to do trigger so I asked like why... Isn’t more eggs better? And then being paranoid, I went to read journals and did research.

Hihi, maybe ladies who went thru natural FET at KKH can provide me some info. What can I expect when our menses comes? E.g the number of visits, do I need to test for ovulation etc. I'm transferring D5 embryo.

Hihi, maybe ladies who went thru natural FET at KKH can provide me some info. What can I expect when our menses comes? E.g the number of visits, do I need to test for ovulation etc. I'm transferring D5 embryo.
My natural FET at KK in Sept was with letrozole. my first scan was on D7, followed by D11 and D13. In between I was asked to test on OPK at home and return earlier if tested positive. On D13 night, tested positive OPK and went to KK the next morning. Luckily I tested on D13 night cos on D14 morning, my OPK was no longer positive and scan showed I already ovulated. Dr scheduled the D5 FET based on date of ovulation.

So my suggestion is buy a lot of OPK and test multiple times a day if you are doing natural FET. I don’t mean to say this to stress you and it is quite manageable. For example you could test once in morning and again in evening or night.

All the best on your FET.

Last edited:
My natural FET at KK in Sept was with letrozole. my first scan was on D7, followed by D11 and D13. In between I was asked to test on OPK at home and return earlier if tested positive. On D13 night, tested positive OPK and went to KK the next morning. Luckily I tested on D13 night cos on D14 morning, my OPK was no longer positive and scan showed I already ovulated. Dr scheduled the D5 FET based on date of ovulation.

So my suggestion is buy a lot of OPK and test multiple times a day if you are doing natural FET. I don’t mean to say this to stress you and it is quite manageable. For example you could test once in morning and again in evening or night.

Hi harriet07, thanks for the info. I will be on letrozole as well. Haha…It sounds abit stressful on catching the ovulation. I'm always testing OPK if i'm trying naturally. I ever tested positive in the morning and the line got lighter in the evening. If testing multiple times would mean i cannot drink alot of water as it may dilute my pee. And hold pee for few hours.

If we ovulated, still can do the transfer? I read that giving trigger shot is an option. KKH doesnt do that?
Is there any blood test done? My progesterone was high bef ER so cannot do fresh transfer. For FET, I'm worried will be high again.

Hi @harriet07, were you on crinone gel previously? If so, do you rmb which day did you start on the gel? Was also scheduled for a D5 FET and was told to start on the gel 3 days before ET.

Were you also given Azithromycin? I did IUI previously and was told to take this antibiotic the day before the procedure but for FET, nurse said that the antibiotic will be taken after the procedure. So quite confused..

If anyone has experience on the above, appreciate if you can also share your experience. Thanks all!

Last edited:
Hi harriet07, thanks for the info. I will be on letrozole as well. Haha…It sounds abit stressful on catching the ovulation. I'm always testing OPK if i'm trying naturally. I ever tested positive in the morning and the line got lighter in the evening. If testing multiple times would mean i cannot drink alot of water as it may dilute my pee. And hold pee for few hours.

If we ovulated, still can do the transfer? I read that giving trigger shot is an option. KKH doesnt do that?
Is there any blood test done? My progesterone was high bef ER so cannot do fresh transfer. For FET, I'm worried will be high again.
Hi @shiawase81, I was also on Letrozole. Went back for scan on D8, D10, D12. From Day 10 onward was told to test for ovulation twice a day. Due to the size of my follicle and the thickness of my lining, doc ordered a blood test for ovulation on Day 12 in case we missed out on the 'positive' for the urine test. FYI!

Last edited:
Hi @harriet07, were you on crinone gel previously? If so, do you rmb which day did you start on the gel? Was also scheduled for a D5 FET and was told to start on the gel 3 days before ET.

Were you also given Azithromycin? I did IUI previously and was told to take this antibiotic the day before the procedure but for FET, nurse said that the antibiotic will be taken after the procedure. So quite confused..

If anyone has experience on the above, appreciate if you can also share your experience. Thanks all!

I did natural FET. Scans on CD 8,12,14 &15. Ovulated on Day 15 so arranged for FET on CD21. After Embryo transfer, got 3 days hospitalization leave (Can ask for extension). Azithromycin is the 4 pills antibiotics right? Yah they ask to take on the same day as FET after transfer but it cause me extremely bad gastric so I asked the doc on the transfer day for green light not to take it.

Hi @shiawase81, I was also on Letrozole. Went back for scan on D8, D10, D12. From Day 10 onward was told to test for ovulation twice a day. Due to the size of my follicle and the thickness of my lining, doc ordered a blood test for ovulation on Day 10 in case we missed out on the 'positive' for the urine test. FYI!
Hi @Wonderfulday, thanks for the info. So I would expect 3-4 times visits. How is the lining and follicle that render a blood test?

I did natural FET. Scans on CD 8,12,14 &15. Ovulated on Day 15 so arranged for FET on CD21. After Embryo transfer, got 3 days hospitalization leave (Can ask for extension). Azithromycin is the 4 pills antibiotics right? Yah they ask to take on the same day as FET after transfer but it cause me extremely bad gastric so I asked the doc on the transfer day for green light not to take it.
Hi ansgh, yup its the 4 pills antibiotics. I see, so for FET we will take it after the procedure. Thanks for sharing!

Btw do you have to take the crinon/progesterone gel? if so, which day did you start on it?

Last edited:
Hi @Wonderfulday, thanks for the info. So I would expect 3-4 times visits. How is the lining and follicle that render a blood test?
On D12, my lining was about 9.4mm and the biggest follicle was 20.5. However, ovulation test (urine) came back negative so Doc ordered a blood test to double confirm. It was still negative though.. Thereafter, was scheduled to go down again on D14 but I tested positive on D13 morning so I went back on D13. For me is about 4 visits in total.

On D12, my lining was about 9.4mm and the biggest follicle was 20.5. However, ovulation test (urine) came back negative so Doc ordered a blood test to double confirm. It was still negative though.. Thereafter, was scheduled to go down again on D14 but I tested positive on D13 morning so I went back on D13. For me is about 4 visits in total.
The lining and follicle size look good for transfer. Hope its a bfp for you.

Hello! I just did transfer for my natural FET cycle.

For me, did 1st scan on day 8 and collected ovulation strips. Have to do the ovulation tests everyday and scans every other day (total 5 times for my scans). Once positive on ovulation strip, go down to KKIVF. They will do another scan and arrange for transfer. For mine I ovulated on 1 Nov, went down to KK 2 Nov (consider day 0), 3 Nov is considered day 1 and transfered on Sat, day 5.

In terms of medication, I started crinone on day 2 and continuing post transfer. Not on any other medication.

Hope this helps!

I was given the same antibiotic for my FET and took after the transfer.

Last edited:

I asked the review doc at KK about whether I could have a trigger shot but he said not for natural FET protocol. Yes, you can still do the FET after ovulated as long as the doc can tell the date of ovulation. As they will base the FET date based on date of ovulation + number of days of blastocyst.

I had a blood test after my second scan for progesterone and LH serum. Review doctor said it’s baseline testing. I also couldn’t do fresh transfer due to high progesteron.

Hello! I just did transfer for my natural FET cycle.

For me, did 1st scan on day 8 and collected ovulation strips. Have to do the ovulation tests everyday and scans every other day (total 5 times for my scans). Once positive on ovulation strip, go down to KKIVF. They will do another scan and arrange for transfer. For mine I ovulated on 1 Nov, went down to KK 2 Nov (consider day 0), 3 Nov is considered day 1 and transfered on Sat, day 5.

In terms of medication, I started crinone on day 2 and continuing post transfer. Not on any other medication.

Hope this helps!
Hi @iibears, thanks. I'm prepared to go down at least 5x since natural FET required freq visits.
All the best to you.

I asked the review doc at KK about whether I could have a trigger shot but he said not for natural FET protocol. Yes, you can still do the FET after ovulated as long as the doc can tell the date of ovulation. As they will base the FET date based on date of ovulation + number of days of blastocyst.

I had a blood test after my second scan for progesterone and LH serum. Review doctor said it’s baseline testing. I also couldn’t do fresh transfer due to high progesteron.
I guess mine quite similar to yours. Thanks. I have an insight of how the FET goes now.

Hi ansgh, yup its the 4 pills antibiotics. I see, so for FET we will take it after the procedure. Thanks for sharing!

Btw do you have to take the crinon/progesterone gel? if so, which day did you start on it?

I think I took Crinone starting 3 days before transfer but I cannot find my records anymore. On the FET day, did not take before the transfer, only after.

Back