Anyone doing IVF in 2020?

Increase the egg intake to 8 during the stimulation phase! Do not take the egg yolk though. For me, I took them half boiled so it’s much easier to gobble down. DH forced me to take daily ever since I started my injections. Tbh, I was really skeptical about it, having failed two fresh Ivf cycles before. But I was thinking no harm trying, since I made up my mind to do things differently this cycle. I have just done the ER and have gotten 7 eggs, 4 fertilized and I received news yesterday from clinic that 2 made it to blastocyst! from my previous cycles, I didn’t take any eggs, only minimally like 2 eggs daily. And from my first fresh Failed Ivf cycle, I had 16 eggs retrieved, only 3 fertilized and transferred 2 day 3 embryos. Stored 1 but that didn’t survive thawing. Second fresh failed cycle, retrieved 8 eggs and transferred only 2 day 3 embryos. This cycle I can see that my embryo quality has really improved! No harm trying ladies!
I eat 6 hard boiled egg white a day until i wanna puke already ...need to find receipes to egg white dishes! Ok let me try to increase...but do u all still take after ER? Cos it seems to help with lining also.

I have a bad news. I had a 'missed' miscarriage. Placenta is growing, only that baby stopped growing weeks back. Maybe few days after I saw the heartbeat at 6weeks. Now I am still very shocked... I need time to digest the whole situation. I was supposed to be 12 weeks and still feeling pregnant.because of symptoms :(

My first was chemical. Second miscarriage. And third was missed miscarriage. But in kkh only third miscarriage can do genetic testing...

Since all these happens at early Trimester. Doc said that it could be chromosome or genetic issues. Hence the baby is not viable. My heart is breaking so bad. I received the news alone. Bcos I thought today is just a maternal package signing,hence my husband is not around. I'm still in kkh and now waiting fro my husband who is rushing from work to fetch me. I don't have strength to walk alone.
Big hugs. Please do take care of yourself and try again. I had 2 miscarriages and 1 chemical pregnancy. Tried for coming 5 yrs still nothing. Sent the fetus to test turned out turner X which doc mentioned is bad luck. We have no control over this. Jus keep trying and we are all in this together. Big big hugs.

Very similar to my case!
I feel that if i didn't put my body and mental effort to go through IUI jabs (which dr said I must do IUI first before IVF due to below age 35), I would have higher fighting spirit to go through more IVF treatments that really increases the chance. IUI is a waste of time, effort and mental toll. Money too!

Few thousands dollar just go down to drain when IUI is only 10% chance and only mimicking natural conception (which doesn't work thats why i am in fertility clinic).

And MOH guideline didn't even says that IUI is mandatory before allowing patients to do IVF.
I was 31 when I first started fertility treatment and was advised to go straight into IVF. I'm with NUH.

I eat 6 hard boiled egg white a day until i wanna puke already ...need to find receipes to egg white dishes! Ok let me try to increase...but do u all still take after ER? Cos it seems to help with lining also.
I have stopped after ER, but I think no harm continuing if you wish to. Why don’t u try taking it half boiled? I tried hard boiled once and it’s really very filling!

Hi, did anyone have the experience of light bleeding after the gonal-f and menopur injection? I am on my 4th days of injection, but discover light bleeding seem like start of menstruation.. kinda of worried, (my menstruation have already stopped)

hi all, I've frozen embryos and I'll be doing FET. Do you all think that changing doctor will help increase the transfer success rate or is fate already decided since the embryos already formed?

I'm now under KKH jessie Phoon and I think she's good! but the review sessions are not under her, so I am thinking to transfer to other private clinic so I can be under the same doctor throughout.
Hey i have got the same thoughts as you as well. I didnt like the feeling of facing diff ivf docs each visits. Did u eventually decide on which private clinic to go?

Hi ladies, did my first FET of 2 embryos graded 5 AA unfortunately ended up in chemical pregnancy. Today is day 5 of cycle.. did blood test to confirm hcg is 0. I’m left With 10 blastocysts, doc suggest to do transfer next month ..
When can I do FET again ?
Any Tcm to recommend?
Is there any test I can do to prevent chemical again?

IVF in public hospital is never subsidise. They might start from clinic D in kkh for subsidise. But if moved to ivf kkh it would be all private rate. Or do u mean getting govt funding? I was 33 and only tried for 1 yr tp conceive, my Dr allowed me to choose IUI or IVF. I tried IUI first before IVF. So it was not mandatory for me, somehow.
hi, can i know who your doctor was? was it dr sadhana?

Hey i have got the same thoughts as you as well. I didnt like the feeling of facing diff ivf docs each visits. Did u eventually decide on which private clinic to go?

I stayed with kkh, as I think transferring out to private will not increase my chance, as its a frozen cycle and embryos already formed

The embryologist called earlier. Out of my 21 eggs, 14 eggs matured, 11 eggs fertilised, 9 made it to blastocyst and only 4 are of good grades and can be frozen. In the 4, I have 1 B and 3 Cs. Did anyone have a successful transfer with grade C embryos?
Did you just say that the other 5 blastocyst were discarded? But whyyy... That's very sad... They made it to blastocyst :(

Did you just say that the other 5 blastocyst were discarded? But whyyy... That's very sad... They made it to blastocyst :(
She said they didn't compact, not sure also. Probably will check with the doctor when I do my next follow up..

Es
How many days of HL do we get for frozen transfer?

Also if we fail the transfer how soon can we start the next one?
I think depend on doctor hehe. My doctor asked me how long I want. But maybe they will give between 3-5 days after frozen transfer.

If there isn't any underlying issues, like miscarriage or what. U can transfer the next cycle... The most important is.. Whenever ur body and mental are ready.

Hi ladies, did my first FET of 2 embryos graded 5 AA unfortunately ended up in chemical pregnancy. Today is day 5 of cycle.. did blood test to confirm hcg is 0. I’m left With 10 blastocysts, doc suggest to do transfer next month ..
When can I do FET again ?
Any Tcm to recommend?
Is there any test I can do to prevent chemical again?

Sorry to say chemical pregnancy cant be avoided/prevented as it is due to embryo issue unless u do pgd or pgs to sieve out the embryos which has genetic issue & transfer the normal one. Otherwise u hv to go through cycles & hope for the best.

1. Ur embryos already form & frozen so by going tcm is to strengthen/condition ur body before doing the transfer.

2 . Endo scratching or intrapids which u can go through the forum & read abt the benefits.

3. Karotyping test (can google for more info)
On both hubby & wife.
(Touchwood if tio chemical again)

Es

I think depend on doctor hehe. My doctor asked me how long I want. But maybe they will give between 3-5 days after frozen transfer.

If there isn't any underlying issues, like miscarriage or what. U can transfer the next cycle... The most important is.. Whenever ur body and mental are ready.
Oh okay thanks! I realised kkh very generous with their hl and mc. Haha.

The embryologist called earlier. Out of my 21 eggs, 14 eggs matured, 11 eggs fertilised, 9 made it to blastocyst and only 4 are of good grades and can be frozen. In the 4, I have 1 B and 3 Cs. Did anyone have a successful transfer with grade C embryos?
I transfered B and C embryos.. Implanted but miscarriage. But I heard stories that many ladies give birth from B and C quality.

I transfered B and C embryos.. Implanted but miscarriage. But I heard stories that many ladies give birth from B and C quality.
Thanks and hope u are feeling better now *hugs

I'm trying not to think of the grade now and just try and see what happens. Its tough but will try to stay positive as much as I can.

Thanks and hope u are feeling better now *hugs

I'm trying not to think of the grade now and just try and see what happens. Its tough but will try to stay positive as much as I can.
Hugs you too. It can be a very painful and heartache journey. But we need to keep positive as much as we could... No choice and we never know we are this strong until it happens..

Hugs you too. It can be a very painful and heartache journey. But we need to keep positive as much as we could... No choice and we never know we are this strong until it happens..
Yea.. I haven't even started my first transfer im already feeling emotional. Throughout the jabs I was still quite upbeat and not much mood swings etc.. not sure why after my polyp removal I feel like my emotions overdrive. Just wanna cry all the time, haha. Haiz. Its tough man, but will try to keep my chin up..

Yea.. I haven't even started my first transfer im already feeling emotional. Throughout the jabs I was still quite upbeat and not much mood swings etc.. not sure why after my polyp removal I feel like my emotions overdrive. Just wanna cry all the time, haha. Haiz. Its tough man, but will try to keep my chin up..
I was almost "give up" on my last day of jabs! Because I was very bloated and the last jab was painful and my tummy kinda rejected the needle bcos too hardened and bloated. I was cursing my husband lol bcos he was the one who helped me with the stims. And I cried on that day and felt "what did I do to myself arrgghh" but I guess we all strong mummies....

We are already battling even before conception. See attached pic for inspiration!

Attachments

• cdc4d9f02b6ee36fe91111447703a743-ivf-cycle-in-vitro-fertilization.jpg
    cdc4d9f02b6ee36fe91111447703a743-ivf-cycle-in-vitro-fertilization.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 106
I was almost "give up" on my last day of jabs! Because I was very bloated and the last jab was painful and my tummy kinda rejected the needle bcos too hardened and bloated. I was cursing my husband lol bcos he was the one who helped me with the stims. And I cried on that day and felt "what did I do to myself arrgghh" but I guess we all strong mummies....

We are already battling even before conception. See attached pic for inspiration!
I'm okay w the jabs but probably cuz i did iui before and its my first cycle, managed to shoulder thru the process just suddenly feeling emotional.

Thanks for ur encouragement!

I stayed with kkh, as I think transferring out to private will not increase my chance, as its a frozen cycle and embryos already formed
Oh yes. Thats true. I jus done my fet and was supposingly to implant 2 d6 blast but on the day of transfer only 1 make it and the other one dont. Super sad.

Hi I am new here....need some help on the qns in my head....i hope you guys can help me out....
I just started with IVF last mth...went thru with everything....was waiting for my pregnancy test by right this thurs....but last sat i came my 'menses' and called up KKH to ask if I should do my test earlier....they told me to come in this morning...i went down did the test and came home....a nurse called and told me that my hcg is 52.6, should stop my crinone and to come back blood test again on thurs 24th.....i read online that 52.6 is a low hcg...does that mean I am actually preggy? do i really stop the crinone cuz i read that one lady stop her crinone and got miscarriage....now i am like confuse.....what shld i do....i hope you guys can like give me some light on this....

Sharing my experience, i had 3 rounds of fresh and 3 rounds of frozen cycles before conceiving this round via 3rd fresh cycle. Two day 3 embryo transferred and 1 made it. Remaining 5 embryo, none made it to blastocyst which i tot was gone case for this fresh cycle. I did not ask anything abt embryo grading as I think it may be a good thing not to know. These gradings are very subjective and depend purely on the embryologist assessment. You never know how the embryo will react when they are in your body. A strong body and mind helps in this. One thing which i never did in my past cycles is that i have intralipid injection after my ER. This helps to lower body immune system to help the body to accept the embryo to implant in our body. Maybe those who has failed cycles can discuss with your gynae and try intralipid.

Sharing my experience, i had 3 rounds of fresh and 3 rounds of frozen cycles before conceiving this round via 3rd fresh cycle. Two day 3 embryo transferred and 1 made it. Remaining 5 embryo, none made it to blastocyst which i tot was gone case for this fresh cycle. I did not ask anything abt embryo grading as I think it may be a good thing not to know. These gradings are very subjective and depend purely on the embryologist assessment. You never know how the embryo will react when they are in your body. A strong body and mind helps in this. One thing which i never did in my past cycles is that i have intralipid injection after my ER. This helps to lower body immune system to help the body to accept the embryo to implant in our body. Maybe those who has failed cycles can discuss with your gynae and try intralipid.
You stay strong Yahh. Thanks for your recommendation about intra lipid. I had mu transfer implanted but seems that I can't sustain the pregnancy full term. So sad. But I will consider this and discuss with my gynae

You stay strong Yahh. Thanks for your recommendation about intra lipid. I had mu transfer implanted but seems that I can't sustain the pregnancy full term. So sad. But I will consider this and discuss with my gynae
My biggest hugz for you. I had my fair share of failed pregnancies. Stay strong and I believe all of us here will be able to hold our little bundle of joy soon. Chances are only given to those who keep trying.

Hi I am new here....need some help on the qns in my head....i hope you guys can help me out....
I just started with IVF last mth...went thru with everything....was waiting for my pregnancy test by right this thurs....but last sat i came my 'menses' and called up KKH to ask if I should do my test earlier....they told me to come in this morning...i went down did the test and came home....a nurse called and told me that my hcg is 52.6, should stop my crinone and to come back blood test again on thurs 24th.....i read online that 52.6 is a low hcg...does that mean I am actually preggy? do i really stop the crinone cuz i read that one lady stop her crinone and got miscarriage....now i am like confuse.....what shld i do....i hope you guys can like give me some light on this....
Hi. I had the same thing as you, except no bleeding. Same hcg of 53 at day 10 post transfer. Doctor diagnose it as chemical pregnancy. My menses came last week for a week. Hope you will be ok.

Wow i didnt know they will do d6 blast. The hosp told someone they only do d5 blast. Does anyone know?
I think day 6 blastocyst is hatching/nearly hatching. Hospital don't do day 6 I think but some blastocyst grow quicker? I may be wrong. Cos mine is all day 5 blastocyst (but few develop to day 6 already)

I think day 6 blastocyst is hatching/nearly hatching. Hospital don't do day 6 I think but some blastocyst grow quicker? I may be wrong. Cos mine is all day 5 blastocyst (but few develop to day 6 already)

I see. So it means that it is actually day 5 but yet these blast grew to the development of "day 6" blast on that day

Maybe....Singapore hospital don't observe blastocyst until 6 days.. Cos actually day 5 blastocyst has higher chance of implantation compared to day6 (research shows).
KK will observe blastocyst and freeze up to D7. These are the slower growing blasts that don’t become blast by D5 (which is usual embryo development). I’m not sure about other SG public hospitals whether they observe til D7. Cos for my case in first retrieval I had 1 embryo which only became blast at D6 so it was frozen. But in second retrieval, I had 2 embryos observed up to D7 but they still did not become blast so were discarded at D7. :(

Yes, D5 are stronger than D6 and D7 but I have read of ladies with success with these “slower” blasts.

KK will observe blastocyst and freeze up to D7. These are the slower growing blasts that don’t become blast by D5 (which is usual embryo development). I’m not sure about other SG public hospitals whether they observe til D7.

Yes, D5 are stronger than D6 and D7 but I have read of ladies with success with these “slower” blasts.
Ah ic ic. Thank you for this info.... Yes the think is.. Its very tricky... Quality or non quality or the days don't 100% determine the fate of the blastocyst... Sometimes even A grade cannot implant :(

KK will observe blastocyst and freeze up to D7. These are the slower growing blasts that don’t become blast by D5 (which is usual embryo development). I’m not sure about other SG public hospitals whether they observe til D7.

In 1 of my relative's cycle, she only has a day 5 blast to transfer while the rest are still growing. Would be nice to wait for the rest to grow to day 6 so she could transfer 2 day 6 blast cos she wanted a twin. But oh wells

Ah ic ic. Thank you for this info.... Yes the think is.. Its very tricky... Quality or non quality or the days don't 100% determine the fate of the blastocyst... Sometimes even A grade cannot implant :(
That's true. There are also many cases of day 3 embryos implanted and successful live birth. Since not 100%, also no point growing to blast (I know a lot of articles saying it is higher chance of live birth if it's day 5 compared to d3).

Just depends on which school of thoughts you believe in. No point growing to day5 or there is point of transferring only blast

Maybe....Singapore hospital don't observe blastocyst until 6 days.. Cos actually day 5 blastocyst has higher chance of implantation compared to day6 (research shows).
I had a mix of D5 and D6 blasts, but a D6 blast was chosen for transfer. It implanted. Seems like it really depends.
Not with KKH though.

Hi everyone, I'm starting my IVF journey next month. Can I ask which phase of the IVF cycle was the worst? Eg stimms, post retrieval, or post transfer? Reason for asking is I'm not sure if I'm able to take any HL so I'm trying to plan my leave so I can be resting on e "most difficult" days.

Hi everyone, I'm starting my IVF journey next month. Can I ask which phase of the IVF cycle was the worst? Eg stimms, post retrieval, or post transfer? Reason for asking is I'm not sure if I'm able to take any HL so I'm trying to plan my leave so I can be resting on e "most difficult" days.
Normally you will be given 2 weeks HL after egg retrieval. And 3-5 days HL after egg transfer.

Back