Anyone doing IVF in 2020?

Hi , anyone can advise Dr Ann Tan Charger? I am not financial strong but wish to have a good dr for my IVF. I have try 2 times IVF but failed and the experience is very bad and no proper consultation and been not taking care for the whole process. Make me frustrated and decided to stop trying after IVF failure. But now due to age issue, we hope to get a good doctor for trying another IVF. Someone recommended dr Ann Tan , but because i am afraid the charges is too high and we can not afford, how can we check the overall cost before we start? i have book for an appointment with her by end of the month, but.... i still not sure can I afford the cost. Now feel stress and stuggling ... who can advise me ?

Actually from what I gather from all my readings. All doctors are good that's why they become doctors. The thing about IVF is.. Its not only about skills but it's about luck (I mean our own eggs and sperm) regardless of how good your doctor is, but if it's meant to be, it will meant to be. Failure or success is already kinda so called "fated" in the embryos.

I had one chemical, one miscarriage and now pregnant 12 weeks. All B and C grades embryos. If the embryos are viable , it will stick and become healthy baby. If not, it will withdraw by itself.

End of the day, we have to be strong and accept the part and parcel of the journey :) all the best.

Agreed with "law of nature". I had done 2 fresh cycles - first cycle retrieved 11 eggs, though 8 fertilised, I only had 2 blasts (1 was a day 6 blast). My second cycle retrieved 10 eggs, though all fertilised, I only had 1 blast (day 5). My case is the embryos tend to stop growing after D3 :(

Very similar to my case!
I feel that if i didn't put my body and mental effort to go through IUI jabs (which dr said I must do IUI first before IVF due to below age 35), I would have higher fighting spirit to go through more IVF treatments that really increases the chance. IUI is a waste of time, effort and mental toll. Money too!

Few thousands dollar just go down to drain when IUI is only 10% chance and only mimicking natural conception (which doesn't work thats why i am in fertility clinic).

And MOH guideline didn't even says that IUI is mandatory before allowing patients to do IVF.

Exactly! They do not even bother to tell us what any alternatives are if you don't use all the embryos. Probably the same terrible doctor that attended to us three.

I find that they should review their communication procedure and update patients on how many fertilized, what are their gradings etc a day before the ET. Wanting patients to make decision on the spot and then immediately doing ET leaves us patients with no time to process all information and make informed decisions. At least if they communicate it a day before ET with caveat (that the status of embryos will change on day of ET), patients can go home and Google for more information.

Many times i understand and gotten more information online than from with Dr. I find that the Dr doesn't seems interested to want to spend time on discussing what are the possibilities and engage in discussion but instead want patients just to follow their instructions.

Now I am curious who is your Dr in charged.

Very similar to my case!
I feel that if i didn't put my body and mental effort to go through IUI jabs (which dr said I must do IUI first before IVF due to below age 35), I would have higher fighting spirit to go through more IVF treatments that really increases the chance. IUI is a waste of time, effort and mental toll. Money too!

Few thousands dollar just go down to drain when IUI is only 10% chance and only mimicking natural conception (which doesn't work thats why i am in fertility clinic).

And MOH guideline didn't even says that IUI is mandatory before allowing patients to do IVF.
But as per public hospital, it seem like it is their protocol to do IUI if couple not in very bad condition to get pregnant. Especially you want to take the subsidy. They say is mandatory.

But as per public hospital, it seem like it is their protocol to do IUI if couple not in very bad condition to get pregnant. Especially you want to take the subsidy. They say is mandatory.
I don't think it's mandatory to do iui first at public hospitals. It depends on age, how many years you have tried and definitely how bad is condition and fertility factors.

Don't think is mandatory. Everything is he say she say. But hospital or MOH don't write it down in black and white that IUI is mandatory when you ask them.

I don't think it's mandatory to do iui first at public hospitals. It depends on age, how many years you have tried and definitely how bad is condition and fertility factors.
I’m 35 and try to conceive for more than 5 yeas without success. I’m in normal condition they insist us to go for IUI before IVF (said is portocol to get subsi )

Yeps.. it wasn't mandatory for us too but more of a choice we decided since its less invasive.

I’m 35 and try to conceive for more than 5 yeas without success. I’m in normal condition they insist us to go for IUI before IVF (said is portocol to get subsi )
IVF in public hospital is never subsidise. They might start from clinic D in kkh for subsidise. But if moved to ivf kkh it would be all private rate. Or do u mean getting govt funding? I was 33 and only tried for 1 yr tp conceive, my Dr allowed me to choose IUI or IVF. I tried IUI first before IVF. So it was not mandatory for me, somehow.

IVF in public hospital is never subsidise. They might start from clinic D in kkh for subsidise. But if moved to ivf kkh it would be all private rate. Or do u mean getting govt funding? I was 33 and only tried for 1 yr tp conceive, my Dr allowed me to choose IUI or IVF. I tried IUI first before IVF. So it was not mandatory for me, somehow.

Good that they give you a choice.
I wish my dr in kkh give me the choice too. Unfortunately for my case, they do not let me choose although my wish is not to waste precious time, money and put unnecessary mental strain (unnecessary jabs too) on IUI.

Is it normal for menses to delay after ER?
I Don think so. Cos our body is shedding away the medication. And technically our body has "nothing/no hormones left" so it will shed days after Egg retrieval/last day of medication.

I had my menses back 5 days after egg retrieval.

Still not late. Only 5 days. Mine came 5 days on dot. But give a few days more okay.
Okay, i think maybe i’m too nervous already. It’s funny how my body seems to know when i’m doing IVF. Always had regular period, until i started my IVF and my period always delay haha..

I Don think so. Cos our body is shedding away the medication. And technically our body has "nothing/no hormones left" so it will shed days after Egg retrieval/last day of medication.

Mine is due today but don't see it yet though, but I didn't do ET, just ER and except for the spotting post ER, no sight of my period yet.
Shall monitor for the next few days,thanks!

Thanks all for the response.

Just another question, I'm scheduled to remove my polyp coming Friday before I can start ET. Can I still do polyp removal if I'm menstruating?

It depends on what trigger shot you were on. For those on hcg triggers it will take 2-3 weeks for the next period to arrive. For lupron trigger it takes only 5 days.

It depends on what trigger shot you were on. For those on hcg triggers it will take 2-3 weeks for the next period to arrive. For lupron trigger it takes only 5 days.
I was on ovidrel. Doctor didn't mentioned whether if my menses will be delayed and he also didn't check on the dates when he arranged the polyp removal. Now I'm just wondering if he's confident my menses won't become by 18th or it doesn't matter?

Hi, I’m currently in my TWW & waiting to take my beta test this Wed. However i’m experiencing cramps and spotting now. Anyone experiences some bleeding before their beta test & still has BFP?

I was on ovidrel. Doctor didn't mentioned whether if my menses will be delayed and he also didn't check on the dates when he arranged the polyp removal. Now I'm just wondering if he's confident my menses won't become by 18th or it doesn't matter?
Hmm I'm not sure about that.. A little strange though, from what I know usually polyp removal survey is done in early half of cycle before ovulation to reduce bleeding?

Hi, I’m currently in my TWW & waiting to take my beta test this Wed. However i’m experiencing cramps and spotting now. Anyone experiences some bleeding before their beta test & still has BFP?

hi, during my tww few days before BT i had slight red bleeding, i did a pregnancy test at home and got a faint positive so i called CHR and let them know that i had bleeding they asked me to come for BT earlier.

Niki Kitty, is ur BT positive in the end? will call kkivf tmrw to see if can bring forward my BT, coz just afraid its AF that’s coming

Niki Kitty, is ur BT positive in the end? will call kkivf tmrw to see if can bring forward my BT, coz just afraid its AF that’s coming

Yes, got a confirm BFP from BT. Yes you should call the clinic so they can give you extra support if you BFP, i got extra support jabs since i had bleeding and BFP. Good luck and baby dust ya

Hmm I'm not sure about that.. A little strange though, from what I know usually polyp removal survey is done in early half of cycle before ovulation to reduce bleeding?
I'm not sure too, my polyp was detected when I did my scans during my stimulation process. Did ER 3 Sep then my doctor say have to do polyp removal before I do ET.
He called me few days after my ER to schedule for polyp removal on 18 Sept. Maybe will call KK tomorrow to ask.

Hi all, I started the stimulation phase, taking injection daily since 7sep, eating 6 eggs a day, taking the pre vitamins, going accupuncture twice a week. Anything else i should take note, do or eat now, and during ER and ET? Thanks in advance!

hope all is well for you. How’s the whole process? Is this your first time? I’m 9dpo and I test negative. So I’m sure next week my af is here and I’m embarking my ivf journey.
Pretty nervous!
Hey, sorry for the late reply. I was going through a roller coaster ride getting ready for the ET. Am on natural cycle but was given letrozole from D2-D6. My ovulation didnt came as per expected hence as per symb shared, i am being asked to go down to kk for scanning every other day. And finally today the CD18, my LH surge. So they are preparing for my ET this coming saturday. This is my 1st cycle and i only have 2 D6 blast.

u already went for BT already?

Hey, sorry for the late reply. I was going through a roller coaster ride getting ready for the ET. Am on natural cycle but was given letrozole from D2-D6. My ovulation didnt came as per expected hence as per symb shared, i am being asked to go down to kk for scanning every other day. And finally today the CD18, my LH surge. So they are preparing for my ET this coming saturday. This is my 1st cycle and i only have 2 D6 blast.

u already went for BT already?

Hi no worries! Hope all is well for you.
I haven’t started my ivf yet as my menses is still not here. Late and today is already 36 day of my cycle. Still no sign of menses to start my ivf.
But I last tested negative on 15DPO.

Yesterday I went for my first scan@ 6week4days, I saw the heartbeat flutter awwwwwwwww.....

Last week was scary thou, I suddenly had bleeding gushing out, they increased the progesterone dosage for me and bleeding stopped. Thou I still have occasional spotting.

All the best everyone!

I have a bad news. I had a 'missed' miscarriage. Placenta is growing, only that baby stopped growing weeks back. Maybe few days after I saw the heartbeat at 6weeks. Now I am still very shocked... I need time to digest the whole situation. I was supposed to be 12 weeks and still feeling pregnant.because of symptoms :(

My first was chemical. Second miscarriage. And third was missed miscarriage. But in kkh only third miscarriage can do genetic testing...

Since all these happens at early Trimester. Doc said that it could be chromosome or genetic issues. Hence the baby is not viable. My heart is breaking so bad. I received the news alone. Bcos I thought today is just a maternal package signing,hence my husband is not around. I'm still in kkh and now waiting fro my husband who is rushing from work to fetch me. I don't have strength to walk alone.

I have a bad news. I had a 'missed' miscarriage. Placenta is growing, only that baby stopped growing weeks back. Maybe few days after I saw the heartbeat at 6weeks. Now I am still very shocked... I need time to digest the whole situation. I was supposed to be 12 weeks and still feeling pregnant.because of symptoms :(

My first was chemical. Second miscarriage. And third was missed miscarriage. But in kkh only third miscarriage can do genetic testing...

Since all these happens at early Trimester. Doc said that it could be chromosome or genetic issues. Hence the baby is not viable. My heart is breaking so bad. I received the news alone. Bcos I thought today is just a maternal package signing,hence my husband is not around. I'm still in kkh and now waiting fro my husband who is rushing from work to fetch me. I don't have strength to walk alone.

I’m so so sorry to hear this. Cannot imagine the pain you are going through now.hope your husband is there soon to be with you.
I have a colleague she had her first baby all good and well but subsequently she suffered 3 times miscarriage and she is now carrying her 5th baby close to 4-5 months. Please don’t give up hope and yourself. Hugs girl

Hi all, I started the stimulation phase, taking injection daily since 7sep, eating 6 eggs a day, taking the pre vitamins, going accupuncture twice a week. Anything else i should take note, do or eat now, and during ER and ET? Thanks in advance!

U eating 6 eggs a day? Is it okay to have 6 eggs? I just started daily injection last Thursday. Have been taking red dates, wolfberries, avocado, vitamins, veg and pomegranate juice everyday for almost 3 mths alrdy.

U eating 6 eggs a day? Is it okay to have 6 eggs? I just started daily injection last Thursday. Have been taking red dates, wolfberries, avocado, vitamins, veg and pomegranate juice everyday for almost 3 mths alrdy.

can I check is the injection pain?

I'm so sorry you have to go through this. :( Please stay strong. Hugs.

Sorry to hear this :(
Hugs.

Hey dear, so sorry to hear that. I hope you and your husband will be given the strength needed to go through with this, and will get what you've been yearning for, soon. Keep trying, and don't give up alright. I know it must be really heartbreaking but remember that after every storm, there's a rainbow, believe that okay dear. Sending you lots of hugs and love~

Stay strong, rest well.

Sending you hugs. You have been thru a lot and like what the other poster said, please don't give up hope. Meanwhile allow yourself to grieve as hard as you want and then pick yourself up again. Please take care of your body and if you don't feel like eating, do try to take some sips of water.

Increase the egg intake to 8 during the stimulation phase! Do not take the egg yolk though. For me, I took them half boiled so it’s much easier to gobble down. DH forced me to take daily ever since I started my injections. Tbh, I was really skeptical about it, having failed two fresh Ivf cycles before. But I was thinking no harm trying, since I made up my mind to do things differently this cycle. I have just done the ER and have gotten 7 eggs, 4 fertilized and I received news yesterday from clinic that 2 made it to blastocyst! from my previous cycles, I didn’t take any eggs, only minimally like 2 eggs daily. And from my first fresh Failed Ivf cycle, I had 16 eggs retrieved, only 3 fertilized and transferred 2 day 3 embryos. Stored 1 but that didn’t survive thawing. Second fresh failed cycle, retrieved 8 eggs and transferred only 2 day 3 embryos. This cycle I can see that my embryo quality has really improved! No harm trying ladies!

Hugs.. take care

Just went for my review after ET, from the 21 follicles retrieved, I have 10 good eggs, 6 already fertilised and 4 about to, another 4 still in the unsure stage, need to monitor for a few more days. Dr say in terms of egg quality, out for 21, 14 eggs are of good quality and sperm managed to fertilise 10, so far so good. He say will let all grow to blastocysts and let us know on day 5/6 how many made it. We will freeze all eggs cuz of my mild ohss and polyp. Will arrange to remove polyp first before we start the frozen cycle.
I feel every stage there are things to worry about. After retrieval, I was worried about the eggs quality. After knowing its all good, I worry about them maturing to blastocysts and how many and after that will be if they can survive the freeze.

Trying to keep it positive and not rush the process.

Anyone know if we will be under sedation for polyp removal? And if i can do some exercise now since I'm not doing any transfers yet?
Hi although I just joined this forum, I have been reading the posts here... it’s been most helpful. Hence I want to share what I know cos I have also removed fibroids (years before) and also most likely will also be removing polyps before the ET. What I know is removal of these polyps or fibroids are covered under insurance for me. And yes u will definitely be put under sedation.

Hi although I just joined this forum, I have been reading the posts here... it’s been most helpful. Hence I want to share what I know cos I have also removed fibroids (years before) and also most likely will also be removing polyps before the ET. What I know is removal of these polyps or fibroids are covered under insurance for me. And yes u will definitely be put under sedation.
Hey thanks! My period just came though.. polyp removal is scheduled for this Friday, might have to postpone.

Back