Anyone doing IVF in 2020?

hi! I need an opinion. I just started my first cycle and was told the ER to pregnancy test, we will be given hospitalisation leave. Anyone still go back to work? How impt it is to rest during the 2ww? My workplace is really short staffed now. I am in dilemma. Part of me wants to stay home and take precaution. But the other half of me wants to go work ): what’s your advice?

hi! I need an opinion. I just started my first cycle and was told the ER to pregnancy test, we will be given hospitalisation leave. Anyone still go back to work? How impt it is to rest during the 2ww? My workplace is really short staffed now. I am in dilemma. Part of me wants to stay home and take precaution. But the other half of me wants to go work ): what’s your advice?
I took the leave... 14days HL. However I recovered from cramps on 3rd day. I was at risk of ohss (I didn't do transfer that cycle thou)... But after 3rd day, I was energetic as usual. Just that I don't do any aggressive activities. I think it really depends on ur body and also ur work environment? Office jobs or labourous job?

Everyone reaction to a cycle varies. It depends on how strong your body is and how fast you recover from the side effects. After ER, you are advised to rest more and cannot carry heavy things. So no labourious job for you. There are also vaginal inserts that my dr actually advised resting for 1/2 hour after insert so that will incovenience you if you go back to work. If you can work from home, then maybe you can still work a bit. Just dont overwork and stress yourself as you do not want to waste 1 cycle.

Hi all,

I had a consultation with Dr. Vasoo. All my tests are negative except for below two:

1.Tg-Ab : 90 (Acceptable range 0-60)
2. ANA : 1:160 ( Acceptable range 1:80)

She recommended me to start medicine for thyroid and a few sessions of intralipid at the moment while concurrently working on starting IVF cycle. I am more concerned with my values of ANA.

Has anyone faced a similar situation, yet was successful to conceive and have a baby now? Your kind words will keep me going and stay motivated.

TIA.

I took the leave... 14days HL. However I recovered from cramps on 3rd day. I was at risk of ohss (I didn't do transfer that cycle thou)... But after 3rd day, I was energetic as usual. Just that I don't do any aggressive activities. I think it really depends on ur body and also ur work environment? Office jobs or labourous job?
I see. Yup will need to see how my body reacts to the treatment. My job involves both. Office and physical thank you for sharing :)

Everyone reaction to a cycle varies. It depends on how strong your body is and how fast you recover from the side effects. After ER, you are advised to rest more and cannot carry heavy things. So no labourious job for you. There are also vaginal inserts that my dr actually advised resting for 1/2 hour after insert so that will incovenience you if you go back to work. If you can work from home, then maybe you can still work a bit. Just dont overwork and stress yourself as you do not want to waste 1 cycle.

Oh there’ll be medications given during the 2ww? Yeah that’s very true. Need to prioritise on the cycle then. Thank you for your input :)

HI all!! :D I am going to start ivf with NUH next month (Sep 2020). This is my first time doing ivf and I’m going to turn 35 soon coming Oct.
Now I’m on the 6th day of NorE medication. May I check what should I take note on my diet or anything specific to eat now to prepare for the next ivf injections stage?

after ER, My body always feel cold especially feet. Everyday soak my leg with ginger and wear sock also does not help much.
I think it happens to me as well. My feet is seldom COLD until I did ER. Just wear socks and cover with blanket as much as you can. Should be better after a while. Might also be due to the cooling weather these few days.

Hi sisters, I'm due to start IVF on my next cycle mid September. Any idea how many days of injections will be needed. I guess around 10 to 14 days perhaps?

I did my first scan today, total 14 follicles sized between 8 to 12, there's 1 already at 18 so doctor suggest to give up that and focus on growing the rest. Lining is at 11.7.

But they discovered a polyp which was not detected during HSG and might need to remove it after ER. I have to freeze all my eggs and only do insemination after removal of the polyp.

Feeling a little down, feels like we are so near yet so far. And we also prefer to try at least one fresh cycle.

Is the success rate for frozen lower?
Also kinda bummed that the whole process will have to be pushed to likely 2 months later before I can inseminate.

Last edited:
I did my first scan today, total 14 follicles sized between 8 to 12, there's 1 already at 18 so doctor suggest to give up that and focus on growing the rest. Lining is at 11.7.

But they discovered a polyp which was not detected during HSG and might need to remove it after ER. I have to freeze all my eggs and only do insemination after removal of the polyp.

Feeling a little down, feels like we are so near yet so far. And we also prefer to try at least one fresh cycle.

Also kinda bumped that the whole process will have to be pushed to likely 2 months later before I can inseminate.

No difference between frozen and fresh cycle in terms of success rate. But for some women, frozen works best because of no trace of injections and jabs left from the stimulation. I was at risk of ohss hence I did frozen transfer on later date.

Also kinda bumped that the whole process will have to be pushed to likely 2 months later before I can inseminate.
Doing frozen can let your body to recover and avoid OHSS. Some say FET is better, but time consuming on medicated cycle (at least 1.5mths) . Fresh transfer is cost saving and faster. Depending on how you judge it. But both successful rate also about the same, depend on your luck

Frozen and fresh success rates are about the same I think. I personally think doing frozen is less taxing on the body. Don't feel down yet, for now focus on letting your follicles grow and retrieve more eggs! :) All the best

No difference between frozen and fresh cycle in terms of success rate. But for some women, frozen works best because of no trace of injections and jabs left from the stimulation. I was at risk of ohss hence I did frozen transfer on later date.
I see, thanks for info

Doing frozen can let your body to recover and avoid OHSS. Some say FET is better, but time consuming on medicated cycle (at least 1.5mths) . Fresh transfer is cost saving and faster. Depending on how you judge it. But both successful rate also about the same, depend on your luck
Thanks! Only FET requires medicated support and that's the additional cost? And FET refers to frozen i supposed?

Frozen and fresh success rates are about the same I think. I personally think doing frozen is less taxing on the body. Don't feel down yet, for now focus on letting your follicles grow and retrieve more eggs! :) All the best
Thanks! I'm abit confused with the medicated support for fresh and frozen - my first cycle only.. less taxing cuz dont need medicated support?

Yeps I'm trying to think positive too.

Thanks! Only FET requires medicated support and that's the additional cost? And FET refers to frozen i supposed?
FET=frozen embroy transfer
There are two type FET. One is natural, another is medicated.

usually natural FET used for Those person with regular menses. Medicated for those irregular menses or doctor can have better control of lining. For my case, medicated cost for FET about SGD 300 (mercilin, triptrorelin, pogynova) at NUH exclude medicine after ET.

FET=frozen embroy transfer
There are two type FET. One is natural, another is medicated.

usually natural FET used for Those person with regular menses. Medicated for those irregular menses or doctor can have better control of lining. For my case, medicated cost for FET about SGD 300 (mercilin, triptrorelin, pogynova) at NUH exclude medicine after ET.
I started with natural FET. Suddenly my ovulation decided to delay. Lol. So all the scans are wasting and eggs still not up to its size. So we cancelled that cycle.

So moving on, we used medicated fet instead, easier and more on schedule. I was given only progynova and crinon gel

I started with natural FET. Suddenly my ovulation decided to delay. Lol. So all the scans are wasting and eggs still not up to its size. So we cancelled that cycle.

So moving on, we used medicated fet instead, easier and more on schedule. I was given only progynova and crinon gel
Ya. A bit risky to have natural cycle sometime menses cycle is influenced by our stress and mood. For my case, my menses always not on time and 30-33days per cycle. Sometime may up to 40 days, I thought myself was pregnant.Lol... end up . So, I only can go with medicated cycle. Medicine wise I think will be different for diff patient and hospital.

Thanks! I'm abit confused with the medicated support for fresh and frozen - my first cycle only.. less taxing cuz dont need medicated support?

Yeps I'm trying to think positive too.
By taxing I am referring to bloating. For my case even though I didn't have OHSS, after my first retrieval I was bloated and still felt bloated after the fresh transfer. I think it was all those hormone jabs that made me bloated plus the retrieval process.

So for my next frozen transfer I am trying natural FET but with medication to ensure I ovulate. I would still be given support medication after. Completely natural FET will have no medication at all, just dependent on your natural ovulation. But I think all hospitals will have support medicine after the transfer.

Last edited:
By taxing I am referring to bloating. For my case even though I didn't have OHSS, after my first retrieval I was bloated and still felt bloated after the fresh transfer. I think it was all those hormone jabs that made me bloated plus the retrieval process.

So for my next frozen transfer I am trying natural FET but with medication to ensure I ovulate. I would still be given support medication after. Completely natural FET will have no medication at all, just dependent on your natural ovulation. But I think all hospitals will have support medicine after the transfer.
I see.. thanks for the heads up and good luck for ur next transfer!

Hello! Just join this group. Was wondering if anyone did any fertility massage before ivf procedure to support treatment?

hi all, new here, will be embarking my ivf journey next month..IF my period come. (still hoping that i can conceive this month cause i ovulated last week).

don't know what to expect and getting anxious!
Hope to find support here!

anyone with Dr Jessie Phoon @ KKH?

Hi ladies! :)

going to commence my IVF journey somewhere in Oct/Nov.

Advice on what I can do now to prep my body? Vitamins/Diet etc?

Much appreciated!

hi all, new here, will be embarking my ivf journey next month..IF my period come. (still hoping that i can conceive this month cause i ovulated last week).

I'm with dr jessie. But we wont see her until the egg retrieval day. There will be a team of docs reviewing our results.

I'm with dr jessie. But we wont see her until the egg retrieval day. There will be a team of docs reviewing our results.

Hi hi, im with dr jessie phoon too. Completed my egg retrieval 2 weeks ago and waiting for FET next month.

Hi all.. i just did embryo transfer.. retrieved 6 eggs on Thursday 27/8.. today the embryologist told me that all 6 made it to embryo stage..

So now i have 2 "super nice and super good" day 5 blastocyst, 2 good blastocyst and another 2 more in blastocyst stage but they are monitoring all 4 for freezing.

Did only 1 "super nice" blastocyst transfer while the other one will be frozen straight away.

So now i am in my 2ww.. all the best to the others and to myself!!

Hi hi, im with dr jessie phoon too. Completed my egg retrieval 2 weeks ago and waiting for FET next month.

hope all is well for you. How’s the whole process? Is this your first time? I’m 9dpo and I test negative. So I’m sure next week my af is here and I’m embarking my ivf journey.
Pretty nervous!

Hi all.. i just did embryo transfer.. retrieved 6 eggs on Thursday 27/8.. today the embryologist told me that all 6 made it to embryo stage..

So now i have 2 "super nice and super good" day 5 blastocyst, 2 good blastocyst and another 2 more in blastocyst stage but they are monitoring all 4 for freezing.

Did only 1 "super nice" blastocyst transfer while the other one will be frozen straight away.

So now i am in my 2ww.. all the best to the others and to myself!!

that sounds good! How’s the whole process? Any diet or food you eat to get good eggs?
I heard avocado and hard boil eggs are good which is what I’m consuming now.

Hi all

I started my first jab yesterday and it's my first IVF. Last SO-IUI was not successful, i had polyps after puregon jabs and had it removed 2 weeks ago and was given 7 days HL.

Anyone taking supplements during the IVF journey? I have been taking Coq10, Vit D, fish oil, folid and other vitamins but stopped since yesterday, wondering if i should continue or not

Im with Jessie Phoon too.. Won;t be seeing her till the egg retrieval day.

that sounds good! How’s the whole process? Any diet or food you eat to get good eggs?
I heard avocado and hard boil eggs are good which is what I’m consuming now.

Hi! The ET process was very fast. Had to fill up my bladder with water prior to the transfer. Husband was allowed to be inside to watch the process.

The nurse will confirm your name and IC number and then the chosen embryo (blastocyst) will be shown on the TV. Doctor will tell you his thoughts on the embryo (blastocyst).

During the transfer you can see the embryo sucked into the tube and then from the abdomen scanner screen you can see the tube being inserted into your cervix. And you can see the embryo (white little dot) being placed in your uterus.

I didn't eat anything special. Daily folic acid, a bottle of chicken essence and 2 hard boiled eggs and a lot of water.. :)

Hi! The ET process was very fast. Had to fill up my bladder with water prior to the transfer. Husband was allowed to be inside to watch the process.

The nurse will confirm your name and IC number and then the chosen embryo (blastocyst) will be shown on the TV. Doctor will tell you his thoughts on the embryo (blastocyst).

During the transfer you can see the embryo sucked into the tube and then from the abdomen scanner screen you can see the tube being inserted into your cervix. And you can see the embryo (white little dot) being placed in your uterus.

I didn't eat anything special. Daily folic acid, a bottle of chicken essence and 2 hard boiled eggs and a lot of water.. :)

How Long period u have this diet prior to ivf?
chicken Essence really here?

I just did my ER yesterday, during scans there were only about 14 follicles but in total they retrieved 21 follicles. They say there's a chance I might have OHSS, prescribed me medicine to manage.

Been feeling really bloated w some pain since yesterday, going back to see Dr Chua tomorrow for review. Hopefully there are some good quality ones.

I just did my ER yesterday, during scans there were only about 14 follicles but in total they retrieved 21 follicles. They say there's a chance I might have OHSS, prescribed me medicine to manage.

Been feeling really bloated w some pain since yesterday, going back to see Dr Chua tomorrow for review. Hopefully there are some good quality ones.
Rest well, drink alot of water. I ate protein bar and drink 100 plus....

I had 42follicles retrieved..and all cramps and bloat subsided in 2-3 days. :)

Rest well, drink alot of water. I ate protein bar and drink 100 plus....

I had 42follicles retrieved..and all cramps and bloat subsided in 2-3 days. :)
100 plus will help with the bloating? The nurse asked me to drink plenty of water too.

42 is alot! Can imagine the cramps that comes with it..

How was the ET? I understand it’s not sedated. So was it painful?
I’m given 20 days HL. Just did ER yesterday. Waiting for KKH to call me by tmrw, for updates. So if all goes well (hopefully), fresh ET would be early next week.

Having butterflies in my tummy/uterus

Back