Anyone doing IVF in 2020?

Ca
Retrieval was not bad! i think the after effects was worse. had bloating and was nauseous. ate alot of protein and eggs. now super sick of egg mayo sandwich!
Can eat other food like fish, tofu, legumes, chicken breast, soya milk.. if just eat eggs is really very boring.

Ca

Can eat other food like fish, tofu, legumes, chicken breast, soya milk.. if just eat eggs is really very boring.
Yes true. There's alot u can eat not just eggs...

I was at risk of Ohss too last year because they extracted 42 eggs.. Imagine my ovary being pinched 42 times lols.. For healing, I did drink 100plus alot but I also eat anyhow....haha don't follow me. I'm bad.

Hm, abit upset with KKH here. I am 39 this year with low egg count. I was not expecting any eggs so it was a miracle that I had 2 embryos which both fertilised successfully on day 3. The issue is when I went to the clinic, we were not educated on the difference between single and double embryo transfer. We were made to decide on the spot with me on the bed, already prepared for ET. Worst part was we weren't even told how many were successfully fertilised beforehand.

The decison felt rushed and the doctor simply said that the difference between one and two embryo transfer is the risk of twins, but did not mention the increased risks and complications that came with it. So in the end we had double embryo transfer only to find out about these risks through Google at home after the procedure.

Has anyone here done double embryo transfer? I am worrying about complications now but whats done is done.

Hm, abit upset with KKH here. I am 39 this year with low egg count. I was not expecting any eggs so it was a miracle that I had 2 embryos which both fertilised successfully on day 3. The issue is when I went to the clinic, we were not educated on the difference between single and double embryo transfer. We were made to decide on the spot with me on the bed, already prepared for ET. Worst part was we weren't even told how many were successfully fertilised beforehand.

The decison felt rushed and the doctor simply said that the difference between one and two embryo transfer is the risk of twins, but did not mention the increased risks and complications that came with it. So in the end we had double embryo transfer only to find out about these risks through Google at home after the procedure.

Has anyone here done double embryo transfer? I am worrying about complications now but whats done is done.
Oh no, that must have felt so terrible :(
A lot of people actually transfer two embryos in hopes of raising the chance of one or both implanting. Don't worry about what hasn't happened :) you'll need to be really lucky (or unlucky, whichever you feel) to have both implant...

Did you went to the briefing? Ivf briefing is supposed to brief every single details about single or double transfers... And from my understanding, the briefing is mandatory for everyone.

I think the reason why they transfered both for you because otherwise u will only store one and its day 3....

I had 2 transfered day 5 blastocyst... Twice of transfer. And only one managed to implant and miscarriaged at 6weeks..and got another two transfer, now its singleton.

The risk of double transfer is twins or multiples. But I heard alot of people successfully give birth to twins via IVF.

Did you went to the briefing? Ivf briefing is supposed to brief every single details about single or double transfers... And from my understanding, the briefing is mandatory for everyone.

I think the reason why they transfered both for you because otherwise u will only store one and its day 3....

I had 2 transfered day 5 blastocyst... Twice of transfer. And only one managed to implant and miscarriaged at 6weeks..and got another two transfer, now its singleton.

The risk of double transfer is twins or multiples. But I heard alot of people successfully give birth to twins via IVF.

Thank you and the other sister for your replies. Yes, I went for the briefing but do not remember them touching upon the decision to implant one or two embryo. Maybe they did, but it was probably only briefly mentioned and not highlighted as one of the key decisions in the process. I was very attentive throughout the briefing and yet this was not brought to my attention.

Yes, I agree that perhaps there is a reason behind recommending 2 day 3s for me, perhaps due to my age (39) as well. May I know your age if you don't mind?

Thank you and the other sister for your replies. Yes, I went for the briefing but do not remember them touching upon the decision to implant one or two embryo. Maybe they did, but it was probably only briefly mentioned and not highlighted as one of the key decisions in the process. I was very attentive throughout the briefing and yet this was not brought to my attention.

Yes, I agree that perhaps there is a reason behind recommending 2 day 3s for me, perhaps due to my age (39) as well. May I know your age if you don't mind?
I'm 35 this year. The eggs were extracted when I was 34. 42 were extracted, 12 made to blastocyst.

I transfered 3times actually.
One only one blastocyst. Bcos first time and I was 34 and no other issue. Ended in chemical pregnancy.

And transfered twice-two each this year....

Yes perhaps because of your age and only 2 day 3 embryos...

Meanwhile waiting for your beta hcg, take care of your health and all the best. Like the other sister said, you need to be lucky (or unlucky depends) to have both implanted. Like me, I wish I can have twins lol. But it didn't happen :)

I'm 35 this year. The eggs were extracted when I was 34. 42 were extracted, 12 made to blastocyst.

I transfered 3times actually.
One only one blastocyst. Bcos first time and I was 34 and no other issue. Ended in chemical pregnancy.

And transfered twice-two each this year....

Yes perhaps because of your age and only 2 day 3 embryos...

Meanwhile waiting for your beta hcg, take care of your health and all the best. Like the other sister said, you need to be lucky (or unlucky depends) to have both implanted. Like me, I wish I can have twins lol. But it didn't happen :)

Thank you, Sis. This really made me feel better. I guess its really in the hands of a greater power now :)

I think most ladies will transfer two D3 embryos with hope that at least 1 will implant.

But for D5 blastocyst, I think doctors will encourage us to transfer one, but its depending on its grading and our age as well. Also for first cycle, I believe KK prefers us to transfer 1 blastocyst.

I'm 37, also with KK, failed 1 fresh cycle already where I only transferred 1 D5 embryo. So for my next round I hope to transfer 2. I told my hubby, if 1 can implant, we are very lucky! If 2 can implant it is jackpot! LOL

Basically, you don't have to worry, there's nothing wrong with transferring 2 embryos. All the best in your 2ww, relax and don't stress! :)

I think most ladies will transfer two D3 embryos with hope that at least 1 will implant.

But for D5 blastocyst, I think doctors will encourage us to transfer one, but its depending on its grading and our age as well. Also for first cycle, I believe KK prefers us to transfer 1 blastocyst.

I'm 37, also with KK, failed 1 fresh cycle already where I only transferred 1 D5 embryo. So for my next round I hope to transfer 2. I told my hubby, if 1 can implant, we are very lucky! If 2 can implant it is jackpot! LOL

Basically, you don't have to worry, there's nothing wrong with transferring 2 embryos. All the best in your 2ww, relax and don't stress! :)
Thank you for your thoughts! My only wish is for the babies to come out healthy, be it one or two. I suppose I am overthinking this, but don't we all! :D

I had two embroyo (blastocyst day 5 to be exact) transfered at age 34. Only 1 baby healthily born. After that, numerous attempt whether it is 1 or 2 transferred but none make it. So dont worry too much and pray for a healthy baby... the worry never ends throughout ivf cycle, retrieval, transfer, 2ww, pregnant, even after baby is born. So keep a happy and healthy mind and body is the most impt.

Yes true. There's alot u can eat not just eggs...

I was at risk of Ohss too last year because they extracted 42 eggs.. Imagine my ovary being pinched 42 times lols.. For healing, I did drink 100plus alot but I also eat anyhow....haha don't follow me. I'm bad.
42 eggs is a lot.. the side effect should be bad... i also try to tell myself to anyhow eat, but so scared that the cycle go wasted.

Agree with Nudgy, attended the session recently and don't recall there were focus on this..

Starting our first ivf cycle this month and I'm kinda worried I might be on serious roller coaster if the results are not positive

Yes you can indicate your preferred doctor when you made the first appointment. However, some doctors are popular and busier so they may persuade you to take other doctors.
Thank you! I have a better picture now.

Any idea how long it takes for the IVF procedures to start? Im done with all the testings. They said will call me. Just wondering how long it will take.

i feel you when i was with kKH. utterly shocked and disappointed when i was told "your embryos are not that good, would you still like to proceed? if yes, do you wan to transfer one or two embryos? the risk will be having twins."
maybe its just that doctor on duty but it was my first IVF and i lost my confidence even before the transfer.
Hope and pray for the best!

i feel you when i was with kKH. utterly shocked and disappointed when i was told "your embryos are not that good, would you still like to proceed? if yes, do you wan to transfer one or two embryos? the risk will be having twins."
maybe its just that doctor on duty but it was my first IVF and i lost my confidence even before the transfer.
Yeah the communication is utterly lacking. I really hope I did not make the wrong decision because of it. The doctor just seems so disinterested to educate us and just wants to get it over and done with.

That’s really terrible for the doctor to say. All embryos deserve a chance. If don’t proceed, what will KK do to the embryos? Discard??

Something similar happened to me on day of my SO-IUI at KK last year too. The doctor on duty told me my husband’s sperm count is very low, do I still want to proceed. I was stunned, after all those jabs I did, on day of my IUI, still ask me if I want to proceed? I went ahead and indeed it was a failure but it was a real morale blow from start of the 2ww.

That’s really terrible for the doctor to say. All embryos deserve a chance. If don’t proceed, what will KK do to the embryos? Discard??

Something similar happened to me on day of my SO-IUI at KK last year too. The doctor on duty told me my husband’s sperm count is very low, do I still want to proceed. I was stunned, after all those jabs I did, on day of my IUI, still ask me if I want to proceed? I went ahead and indeed it was a failure but it was a real morale blow from start of the 2ww.
Exactly! They do not even bother to tell us what any alternatives are if you don't use all the embryos. Probably the same terrible doctor that attended to us three.

Thank you! I have a better picture now.

Any idea how long it takes for the IVF procedures to start? Im done with all the testings. They said will call me. Just wondering how long it will take.
Once you see the dr and the dr deemes that you are suitable and ready for ivf, you can start the ivf cycle on 1st day of your next menses.

If the embryo quality is not so good, dr will tell you and unfortunately you need to make a decision there and then whether to proceed or not. Otherwise they will discard the embroyo. It is devastating to us of course but it can save you the money for doing the transfer. It may be more worthwhile to save the money and fight the next better battle than to fight a losing battle. It can also save us some sanity with the tww of a losing battle. Probably the dr was not tactful enough but it is part and parcel of a ivf cycle.

If the embryo quality is not so good, dr will tell you and unfortunately you need to make a decision there and then whether to proceed or not. Otherwise they will discard the embroyo. It is devastating to us of course but it can save you the money for doing the transfer. It may be more worthwhile to save the money and fight the next better battle than to fight a losing battle. It can also save us some sanity with the tww of a losing battle. Probably the dr was not tactful enough but it is part and parcel of a ivf cycle.
How I wish we all knew the magic potion to make our embryos grow strong & healthy.
Thank you dear sisters. I find some solace in chatting with like minded girls.

Agree with Nudgy, attended the session recently and don't recall there were focus on this..

Starting our first ivf cycle this month and I'm kinda worried I might be on serious roller coaster if the results are not positive
My experience during the IVF briefing last year was different. We were given detailed explanation, plus all of us in the room were actively asking questions... So we gotten clearer answers... Maybe different people conducting the sessions? Idc.

Yes I agree with you. The main idea is to get transfer/iui procedure with best quality of sperm/eggs. Most of the time they will try not to transfer with low quality and save the money for later. Yes maybe the Dr was not tactful enough. But this is the part and parcel of a assisted fertility....

I had 2 cancelled events too. One was iui and one was natural FET.. Both were cancelled because my eggs not growing/ lining not growing.. I was devastated but I also understand we don't want to wasting more money and efforts... So i let it go and started a new cycle.

hahha the embryos will be discarded because the quality is poor, no point storing.

I have just failed my first fresh ICSI and period already came. I am left with grade C embryo freezed at the moment. Trying for my first at 40, should I start another fresh cycle if doctor deemed I’m fit or proceed with FET ? I’m not sure how much is the embryo storage fee at KK for that one embryo but I’m not comfortable to use it for the next round. If I fail again I’m left with nothing.

I have just failed my first fresh ICSI and period already came. I am left with grade C embryo freezed at the moment. Trying for my first at 40, should I start another fresh cycle if doctor deemed I’m fit or proceed with FET ? I’m not sure how much is the embryo storage fee at KK for that one embryo but I’m not comfortable to use it for the next round. If I fail again I’m left with nothing.
Storage fee in kkh is about $500 annually regardless how many you have in the freezer. If you are not comfortable to use the one you have left, let them know so they can dispose it. However they would recommend to use what you have first, but end of the day the final decision is yours.

Storage fee in kkh is about $500 annually regardless how many you have in the freezer. If you are not comfortable to use the one you have left, let them know so they can dispose it. However they would recommend to use what you have first, but end of the day the final decision is yours.

Thanks for the info. I have no plan to discard it since is still usable. I am thinking to start 2nd fresh to collect my eggs first instead of FET the frozen one.

Thanks for the info. I have no plan to discard it since is still usable. I am thinking to start 2nd fresh to collect my eggs first instead of FET the frozen one.
Yes you can request to do 2nd fresh to collect more eggs since you only have 1 left frozen. That's what I did as I only had 1 frozen, and my KK doctor allowed me to.

Yes you can request to do 2nd fresh to collect more eggs since you only have 1 left frozen. That's what I did as I only had 1 frozen, and my KK doctor allowed me to.

Thanks! I’m in KK as well. I will consult doctor next month to check if I’m ok to do fresh cycle again.

Have anyone went through donor sperm or donor egg program?

For Egg Donation in Singapore, here are the following 5 options:

(1) Seek out your close friends, relatives or family members. In such cases, it is difficult to maintain secrecy of the child's conception

(2) Secretly pay a freelance egg donor you find over the internet, or discreetly pay a foreign egg donor agency to send a foreign egg donor to Singapore

(3) Import frozen donor eggs from a foreign egg bank

(4) Travel overseas (usually Malaysia) for egg donation

(5) Receive donated spare frozen eggs from other patients at IVF clinics

Last edited:

Here are the downsides of egg donation:

(1) You may be subjected to emotional blackmail and psychological pressure from husband and in-laws to undergo egg donation to conceive a child :

(2) Identity confusion and emotional distress of the child, if he/she suddenly and unexpectedly find out the truth :

(3) Risk of accidental incest between half-siblings conceived by the same egg donor - Genetic Sexual Attraction :

(4) Difficulty of maintaining secrecy even with anonymous donors, due to widespread availability of DNA home-testing kits and associated Genealogy / Ancestry websites :

(5) Possible transmission of genetic defects from anonymous egg donor to child. Foreign IVF clinics often exploit patients' fears of unknown genetic defects, to push them to do expensive genetic testing of embryos - PGS / PGT-A :

(6) Don't believe claims that a woman receiving egg donation can pass some of their genes to the child. It is a deceptive marketing gimmick :

Last edited:

For Sperm Donation in Singapore, you are allowed to import frozen donor sperm from a foreign sperm bank:

Last edited:
Here are the downsides of egg donation:

(1) You may be subjected to emotional blackmail and psychological pressure from husband and in-laws to undergo egg donation to conceive a child :

(2) Identity confusion and emotional distress of the child, if he/she suddenly and unexpectedly find out the truth :

(3) Risk of accidental incest between half-siblings conceived by the same egg donor - Genetic Sexual Attraction :

(4) Difficulty of maintaining secrecy even with anonymous donors, due to widespread availability of DNA home-testing kits and Genealogy / Ancestry websites :

(5) Possible transmission of genetic defects from the egg donor to child. Foreign IVF clinics often exploit patients' fears of unknown genetic defects, to push them to do expensive genetic testing of embryos - PGS / PGT-A :

thanks a lot angelica :)

Hi.. im with dr jerry. Just done the blood tests he requested. What will be the next step? thank you..
If everything ok and you are ready and suitable for ivf, you need to attend a ivf briefing on what to expect, consent to proceed and can start ivf on the first day of next menses cycle.

If everything ok and you are ready and suitable for ivf, you need to attend a ivf briefing on what to expect, consent to proceed and can start ivf on the first day of next menses cycle.

Hi thanks for replying Yuki, roughly will it take months for the ivf briefing?

Back