Anyone doing IVF in 2020?

Called kkh yesterday and confirmed ivf will only resume after circuit breaker but still can go for normal blood test, I will be heading down on Thursday.

Updates measures was sent out on fri. Unless you met the criteria for ER, you wouldnt be able to go ahead and all ET has to stop till further notice. This applies to pte hosp too

I am the one affected by new measures. Very upset when I received call from my doc that we cant go ahead
Ohh I didn’t know private Hospitals too? Guess this round really strict measures

Ohh I didn’t know private Hospitals too? Guess this round really strict measures
It can be done but stricter criteria eg above 35yrs of age, low ovarian reserve etc
Suppose to do it next mth but need to postpone. Upset and frustrating that we got to wait till after CB. Time is running out :(

It can be done but stricter criteria eg above 35yrs of age, low ovarian reserve etc
Suppose to do it next mth but need to postpone. Upset and frustrating that we got to wait till after CB. Time is running out :(

I totally understand and feel you on the frustration. We are planning for ET next month now I’m not sure if we are able to proceed since measures are tighter.

I totally understand and feel you on the frustration. We are planning for ET next month now I’m not sure if we are able to proceed since measures are tighter.

Ikr.. Feels the same frustration.. People are making fun on Internet memes that there will be alot Coronials/Quarantine babies coming soon next year (baby boom) . I dont think its funny. Cos people like us waited for so many years... And while many people who already have kids probably will get pregnant during lockdown and give birth to Coronials, there's us who is still struggling cos ivf is shutting down... Sigh sorry for the rant, but it's annoying... We are impacted by time delay sigh

Hi girls, does anyone know if Dr Tan Kian Sing is open during this circuit breaker period? Just tried calling him but nobody picked up. Thank you!

Hi all! All your sharing has really helped me.
We haven't been trying for long but thought to do a fertility check and discovered that my hubs has severely low/quality sperm motility and they have adviced us to go straight to IVF. My AMH is on the lower end for my age too. We have an appointment with a urologist for my hubs tomorrow but has anyone been able to cure oligospermia without IVF?

We're trying to have multiple options so I've put a shortlist of Dr Tan (Alpha) and Dr Jessie or Sadhana (Kkh) to seek second opinions from.

We haven't been trying for long but thought to do a fertility check and discovered that my hubs has severely low/quality sperm motility and they have adviced us to go straight to IVF. My AMH is on the lower end for my age too. We have an appointment with a urologist for my hubs tomorrow but has anyone been able to cure oligospermia without IVF?

We're trying to have multiple options so I've put a shortlist of Dr Tan (Alpha) and Dr Jessie or Sadhana (Kkh) to seek second opinions from.
Not sure how old are you but I would also advice to go straight to ivf. My husband low motility and I have low amh. 2 times ivf still failed. i would think every second counts for low amh female, since egg reserve is dimishing every day, you won't know when it will be totally gone. Just my advice :)

Me. My hubby got low/quality sperm motility. Although we have been advised that ivf/icsi is our only option due to male factor, but we manage to conceive naturally twice w/o ivf. My first fresh ivf is a failure. My amh 7.2, i dunno is it consider normal range a not.

Me. My hubby got low/quality sperm motility. Although we have been advised that ivf/icsi is our only option due to male factor, but we manage to conceive naturally twice w/o ivf. My first fresh ivf is a failure. My amh 7.2, i dunno is it consider normal range a not.
7.2amh seems plenty. Mine is 1.0 amh only.

This is hopeful! Any tips on how managed to conceive naturally?

Does anyone know if the ivf centres will resume since Govt just announced some services will be allowed to resume next week

Does anyone know if the ivf centres will resume since Govt just announced some services will be allowed to resume next week
Guess we need to ask. Hope so thou. Cos TCM is allowed. So I hope IVF is allowed too bcos it is as important.

This is hopeful! Any tips on how managed to conceive naturally?

My tcm say for guy with low sperm count motility and morphology issue hv to exercise & swimming to make them work...he exercise everyday...shower cold water as sperm die easily in warm environment. Wear boxer, eat more oyster before ovulation, of cos with acupuncture and eat the medicine...for ladies no raw or cold food/drink... i keep my womb warm by putting warm belt before ovulation...also go tcm with my hub.

hi everyone, any idea if KKH is resuming IVF services on 5 May?

got my polyclinic referral and was originally scheduled for an appointment on 8 May but 2 wks back, KKH called to say IVF services can only be done in june/july...

also, any idea what is the waiting time from when the doc is consulted till when IVF can actually start?
TIA!

hi everyone, any idea if KKH is resuming IVF services on 5 May?

got my polyclinic referral and was originally scheduled for an appointment on 8 May but 2 wks back, KKH called to say IVF services can only be done in june/july...

also, any idea what is the waiting time from when the doc is consulted till when IVF can actually start?
TIA!
I think you may need to contact kkh tomorrow? This is because last week I heard that ivf is stopped for all hospitals including kkh.

IVF consultation duration really depends on the doctor and ur menses. Can be long can be short... Mine took several months because of my period delays

Hi all FYI I called KKIVF this morning, they say service not resumed yet and told me to call back after my next mensus to check in again.

Guess still not considered as essential essential? But for urgent cases maybe can still go ahead to call them to double check

i did ivf twice last year, one fresh one frozen. Did ivf because husband and I are carriers of same genetic defect hence ivf will allow us to do pgd to screen out embyros that inherited both our defective genes. I was only left with two d5 hatching blastocysts transferred one each but both tries were bfn.

recently conceived naturally but baby inherited both our faulty genes and had to terminate pregnancy at week 12.

now at a loss if shld go back to ivf or try naturally again. I feel ivf takes up so much more effort and money ( i need to pay 10K for pgd which is not subsidized and cannot use medisave) and gives me less success than natural. After my one fresh one frozen cycle, 6 months was gone when i cld have 6 opportunities to try naturally. But with natural pregnancy, there is always a 25% chance that baby will inherit both defective genes.

It does. Mine was delayed 2 days in both failed FET. Then there will be alot of the gel discharge tgt with ur menses.
All the best ya.. I had bfn yest.. Saying bye to ivf.. Not trying anymore..
I know how you are feeling. When my menses came even before my BT i was so annoyed and i felt what a big waste of my time. With natural I at least had a chemical pregnancy. I just felt all my time and money went down the drain and all this mths I cld have tried naturally few times.

how many times did you try ivf?

Hi all FYI I called KKIVF this morning, they say service not resumed yet and told me to call back after my next mensus to check in again.

Guess still not considered as essential essential? But for urgent cases maybe can still go ahead to call them to double check

I’m under private and was told that I can only transfer after CB is over. No ivf procedures during CB :(

Me, we were planning to undergo IVF this time this year with Dr Ann Tan at Mount E. So unfortunate that covid happened :( but we're still thankful we're safe. hopefully we'll start our IVF later this year.

Me, we were planning to undergo IVF this time this year with Dr Ann Tan at Mount E. So unfortunate that covid happened :( but we're still thankful we're safe. hopefully we'll start our IVF later this year.

Are you able to share what her charges are like and what made you choose her?

I know how you are feeling. When my menses came even before my BT i was so annoyed and i felt what a big waste of my time. With natural I at least had a chemical pregnancy. I just felt all my time and money went down the drain and all this mths I cld have tried naturally few times.

how many times did you try ivf?
Yeah all the time n energy gambled.. Biggest non monetary gamble I did in my life. I did 1 cycle with 2 fail FET coz 3 embryos 1 died when thaw. Not gg another cycle all over again. Trying natural during this CB period

Hi all understand from KK they’ve also stopped all frozen transfers till further notice. As these are considered non essential :( have to wait till after CB to see how sigh
Can I check if they stopped all frozen transfers? Initially there was a criteria about those with low AMH or low sperm count or above 35 years old can proceed..

Can I check if they stopped all frozen transfers? Initially there was a criteria about those with low AMH or low sperm count or above 35 years old can proceed..
I think best to call and check for particular cases, last week when I called they did mention case by case basis allowed for those deemed as urgent . No harm to call to double check :)

Hey ladies,

Mind if i join in?

31yrs old DH is 33, i have PCOS & controlled DM, DH is fine. We just did our 1st IVF ICSI this April 2020 with Dr Liu S L & Veronique Viardot (KKH).

Hx: Fail #1 IUI May 2019, M/C at 6 weeks on Nov 2019 (Natural)

Menses: 11th April 2020 (Full flow)
STIM starts: 13th April 2020 (CD3)
Drugs: Gonal F, Orgalutran, Ovidrel, Folic Acid, Azithromycin 1g
No of scans: 4
Egg Sizes (scans 23rd April) : 20.5mm x 3, 19mm, 18.5mm, 18mm n more
Uterine lining: 10.5mm
HBA1C: 6.7mmol/L (must be less than 7.0mmol/L to proceed with IVF procedures)
AMH: 9.0ng
Trigger Shot (Ovidrel): 23rd April 2020 @ 2320hrs

ER: 25th April 2020 @ 1115hrs
*Hospitalization Leave 20 days given*

ET: 30th April 2020 x 1 early blastocyst (ICSI) @ 1030hrs (Bed Rest x 2 days)

Eggs at ER: 17 (16 fertilized, 12 ICSI, 4 IVF)
Made to Frozen: 1 x Day 6 Blastocyst only

Drugs: Cabergoline 0.25mg x 8 tabs night, PV Crimone 8% cream x 18 days - insert twice daily & PO Progesterone Twice daily

Beta Date: 14th May 2020 (Thursday)

Currently on 8dp5dt, did HPT 7dp5dt saw vvv faint lines. Not convince yet. Intend to wait till next week. Not sure if u ladies wants me to include the symptoms.. But i did have very mild OHSS but subsided on day 2 post transfer. Advice to drink 2L water, Protein diet like fishes, beans, & tofu to help with OHSS.

I was surprised on the news for halt on Fertility Tx in hospitals.. But I managed to get it done despite being less than 35yrs old.

Really hope it's a sticky bean this cycle.. Really amazed on myself how i managed to self inject those STIM days.. :D

Wishing all ladies that's going through this tough period, please be strong & God is the best planner. Will pray for each other!

Last edited:
I’m currently 9dp5dt, did my ET last wed. Experienced few drops of pinkish and brownish spotting on 7dpt and very little on the 8 and today. Nothing much and I’m just thinking this may not be it again. My last FET was Jul’19 and it didn’t work. This time round is my 2nd FC. Though I managed to conceived on my first ivf FC, this 2ww will never be easier.

Praying for everyone here.

I’m currently 9dp5dt, did my ET last wed. Experienced few drops of pinkish and brownish spotting on 7dpt and very little on the 8 and today. Nothing much and I’m just thinking this may not be it again. My last FET was Jul’19 and it didn’t work. This time round is my 2nd FC. Though I managed to conceived on my first ivf FC, this 2ww will never be easier.

Praying for everyone here.

Hi dear,
For me I didn't have have any clear spotting. Only on 3dp5dt, i had a small pinkish discharge along with the progesterone cream when checked on my pantyliner. Maybe due to the procedure irritation to the cervix wall. Around 4-5dp5dt, i had twinges, pinching poking sensations lower abdomen which woke me up at night. And some cervix aching? Maybe due to the meds. After that, nothing. Just small waves of cramps..

Praying its a sticky bean for you!

Hi dear,
For me I didn't have have any clear spotting. Only on 3dp5dt, i had a small pinkish discharge along with the progesterone cream when checked on my pantyliner. Maybe due to the procedure irritation to the cervix wall. Around 4-5dp5dt, i had twinges, pinching poking sensations lower abdomen which woke me up at night. And some cervix aching? Maybe due to the meds. After that, nothing. Just small waves of cramps..

Praying its a sticky bean for you!
My 3dpt is similar to you too. Then after that nothing much. Which day are you at now?

My 3dpt is similar to you too. Then after that nothing much. Which day are you at now?
Currently im at 8dp5dt.. having lower back ache & pass 4 days ago, peed 7 times.. Not sure if the bloatedness is causing me to pee alot but I no longer feel bloated compared to post ER.. goodness, that was the worst period. I cldnt pee post ER. :confused:

So today (8may, 2.20pm) I called kkh to confirm if ivf or fet still ongoing. I thought of registering for new FET since its my first full flow.. I said there's mixed stories I heard. Some say can, some say no. So they said that whatever we heard maybe because of they are already midway of doing procedure. The rest new cases have to wait until after CB. They asked to call back during June menses.

So today (8may, 2.20pm) I called kkh to confirm if ivf or fet still ongoing. I thought of registering for new FET since its my first full flow.. I said there's mixed stories I heard. Some say can, some say no. So they said that whatever we heard maybe because of they are already midway of doing procedure. The rest new cases have to wait until after CB. They asked to call back during June menses.
Ahh... Guess if you were to do a frozen cycle next, need to wait after CB is over, yes? Hmm.. hope everything goes well, its pretty dull now with this CB going on..

Alright, today is 10dp5dt.. i tested BFN on my 25miu hpt but my opk ovulation is extremely positive... Im waiting for my 10miu hpt to arrive to check again. Coz i did see a very faint line on the 10miu on 7dp5dt.. any idea if opk can detect pregnancy hcg as well?

Me too i noticed a faint line when i used the clear blue hpt on 9dp5dt. U took any pics of both ur tests?

Attachments

• 20200508_120452.jpg
    20200508_120452.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 190

Testing early can cause false positive also for fresh cycles coz before egg retrieval we took the hcg trigger shot which can remain in our system for atleast 14 days.. so im not sure abt mine too i didnt do a second test.. it might be too early to show on the 25miu hpt..

Back