Anybody went thru confinement alone?

tittieal

Hi, was wondering if anyone went thru confinement alone without help (CL, MIL, mother or food catering) and willing to share your experience? how u manage to take care of yourself & bb?

Charmaine are you going to do your confinement on your own, i don't think its easy cause you are not suppose to touch water. If you cook you have to wash veg etc, so you hae to touch water.

Besides you will be using the milk bottle many times, so are you going to wash it yourself - remember you cannot touch water so how?

Well if you don't mind touching water i guess you can do your own confinement, cause i saw my mum doing it for it and its quite simple.

Hi Alina,

Ya, will be doing confinement alone. I hv to manage myself, bb, washing, cooking and other housechores. Was wondering if i can handle so need mummies who gone thru to share with me their experiences so that i can take note of anything. Oh, i thot during confinement only can't wash hair! Since i have to do it alone so hv to touch water then. Thanks alina.

charmaine, i did not engage confinement lady, though i had help from hb who took leave. Actually i did everything taboo: bathe, washed, cooked, etc.

Ok, here's the "theory" on how you can make things work:

1. Feed baby - BF is the easiest cos no need to sterilise and wash much. but got to read up well so that you can be informed about potential problems. Keep on hand some helpline numbers and bookmark informative webpages for SOS on BF.

2. Feed yourself - slow cooker is ur best helper. Dump in the ingredients in the morning and you'll have nutritious soup for lunch n dinner. Cook rice and steam fish (or cook in soup). Basically, ensure u get generous amts of fish, lean meat n enough carbo, plus liquids. My parents brought the more traditional dishes like pig trotters in vinegar during the weekend, which can be apportioned and last for about 3 days.

3. House cleaning - where possible, let other family members do it. else, just do minimal.

4. Bathing baby - not that difficult. just needs practicing.

5. Washing clothes - i put in washing machine and used baby detergent.

6. Keep yourself clean - i personally dun believe the no-bathing rule cos in our humid weather, we stink quite easily, plus we're discharging the lochia which is like heavy period. How not to bathe? But i bathe in warm water n during day time. For me, bathing keeps me in a good mood and helps me cope during the day.

If you don't want to touch water, can wear gloves where possible.

Warning: it may be tiring for you to undertake everything. Keep an open mind, and do not hesitate to ask for help when you find yourself unable to cope.
happy.gif

Hi Charmaine,

i don't have the experience of going through confinement yet as am only due in november but am not planning on getting any of the usual confinement stuff (eg. CL, maid, confinement practices etc). My sister-in-law who gave birth in Jan also did the same thing. Think being with baby alone does have its plus points also cos it lets the mother really bond with the baby and you get to set your own rules about how you want things to be done - which is quite useful if you've been reading up lots and have already formed certain ideas about how you want to bring up your child from day 1. Anyways, am just sharing with you the fact that my sis-in-law 'survived' doing it all on her own and my own personal opinion. i do agree with tingting that it's important to keep an open mind and not be afraid to ask for help should you really need it.

Hope it all goes well for you. Can pm me and we can share our experiences as new mummies.
happy.gif

Hi tingting,

Thanks for sharing your tips and experience. Hv jot down the points. Actually, i have planned a schedule and hope that i can go according to it (eg. breastfeeding intervals usually 2-3hrs and i could make use of the intervals to finish my chores or do my cooking) Will try to get help frm my hb if he managed to get leave coz he into a 3-rotating shift job and he's usually very tired after work. But will try to get him to do the marketing for the 1st week coz i dun think i will want to leave my bb alone at home, neither to bring the bb to market.

I'm just afraid of the unforeseeable situations that may happen. I'm the sort who thinks alot. And due to my weak body (was asked to bedrest twice), my gynae had hinted to me that i may hv to opt for c-section. So am worried i can't manage everything as well. Have considered to skip chores for the 1st week if i really can't handle.

Will try to stay optimistic coz few years back, i was warded in TTS for depression. Will stay strong for the sake of bb.

Thanks again tingting for your info.
happy.gif

Hi trixiebelle,

Am a 1st time mummy due in Feb and really looking forward to it. Initially, i thot it's an easy task to go thru confinement alone. After surfing thru certain bb forums, most pple feedback it's not possible to handle alone and it started to make me worried. Am glad to hear that yr SIL managed to do it alone herself coz this means that it's possible to handle alone. For the sake of bb, will try my best and will keep an open mind.

Thanks trixiebelle for sharing this info with me and hope it goes well for you too! Ya, we can pm each other to share our experiences.
talker.gif

hi charmaine, don't try to use too much of your rest time to do chores, cos ur body needs to rest a lot too! i would say if baby sleeps for 2 hrs, spend at most 1 hr doing things and rest for the remainder. bcos baby will experience growth spurts once in a while, when they can nurse for long periods or v frequently like every hour. so you should start resting from the beginning in order to cope with the growth spurts. Take it easy ok?
happy.gif

Hi charmaine,
i did both my confinements on my own. You might want to consider this option :

I ordered lunch tingkat for 2pax with rice. Cost arnd $190. I'll take a potion of it for lunch and keep the rest in the fridge. Warm it up for dinner, ask hb to buy something more or open up a canned food then both of us have it for dinner.

Benefits : minimal washing. You'll get more nutrition with the variety of dishes compared to preparing urself. more time to rest

As for soups, u can pre-pack herbs into packets w instructions. Hb can just throw in the herbs w meat in slow cooker before heading for work.

Dun 'consider' skipping chores on ur first week. Just dun do it cos u'll really need to stay in bed with ur little one. Breastfeeding will be specially painful and difficult for that week so u wun hv time nor energy for other stuff.

Last of all.... it is possible, i did it twice ;)

Hi tingting,

Had feedbacks and heard from many mummies that it's gonna be very tiring. Will try to rest as much as i can. Thanks so much.
happy.gif

Hi brenda,

Most probably, i'll be buying 3/4 days' supply for the pre-packed herbs and cook it if my hb buy the meat or chicken from market. If not, then i take canned food. Coz will be using cloth diapers for bb and i guess hv to change every 2-3hrs as well. So can't skip the chore of washing the diapers. Will try to get hb to do for me as i too worried breastfeeding will take a longer time since it's my 1st time.

Thanks brenda and hope that i can do it too!
happy.gif

charmaine, try not to take canned food, cos it's got preservatives and not nutritious. worse come to worst, dump whatever ingredient u want to cook into a soup and eat it with rice. boring yes, but at least u absorb the nutrients and get the much needed liquids.

cloth diapers? hmm, gonna take more time to wash. what u can do is to give the dirty diaper a quick rinse, and soak in a pail with detergent. when you have the energy to wash, it'll be easier to get them clean.

btw, i have a bottle of baby clothes detergent (kodomo). no longer using that now. u want to take over?

Hi Charmaine,

Yes, i do agree with Brenda and Tingting. My SIL also advised that when baby comes, mummy will just have to let some things go when dealing with housework. Guess we can't have a perfectly clean house and deal with a new baby at the same time! Kekeke ;p

Also learned in my antenatal class that one way of ensuring that you don't get overly exhausted is to co-sleep with baby so that when baby wants to feed, you can do it even when half asleep. This way, you won't have to totally wake up and find that you can't get back to sleep after that. It's important to maintain the number of hours you're used to sleeping each night (can try to do this by staying in bed even in the day - just for the rest). Think when you don't have enough sleep, it can make you more stressed out and more easily depressed.

What you could also consider is to start stocking up on some foods in your freezer - things like meat etc. Can get them closer to your due date and like Tingting suggested, can just throw everything together in a soup so you - and your baby - get all the nutrients you need. Never mind if it's a little tasteless - can just bear with it for a while. Heh heh. i do this even now cos some days i get home from work and am so tired i can't be bothered to cook a few dishes and deal with the washing up. So i like throwing meat, vege, noodles into a soup pot and you get all your daily nutritional needs quite easily.

Most important is to take very good care of yourself physically and emotionally so that you can then take good care of baby!

Btw, with the diapers, maybe for the 1st week or so you might want to consider using disposables cos baby's meconium will be sticky and more difficult to clean. So might be helpful not to have to deal with dirty diapers during that period.
happy.gif

Hi Charmaine,

I did my confinement partly myself too,cos i gave birth in aust n my confinement lady only around frm 9 to 5 (mon to sat), after that its on my own.

But i seriously suggest that u get someone who can help u for e first week, cos REST is a must to recover fast. N of cos, try get ur husb to do e housework too.

as for my experience, clothes of e baby n myself are all done by e machine, n i am tinking perhaps when u are still recovering, use disposable diapers?? so to have more time to rest.... than after u recover, much better already than use the clothes diapers??? at least give urself 1 to 2 weeks to get used to everything....

n yes!! dun eat canned food.. not healthy... get fresh food? just dump everything into a slow cooker... just ask ur husb to go NTUC maybe every sunday to get e food back???...

just a personal advice, even i was on my own from 5-next morn, it wasnt easy for me, esp the first week. so i guess its better to get help just for 1 week!!! =) even if its just a day time help!! =) good luck!!!

Charmaine,
dun need to worry w diapers for the 1st week, u'll hv a pack of pampers to bring home from the hosp.

Water/Bathing/Wash hair... i did it too but i wun say that they r wrong to say cannot cos there are some effects. Just remember to dry fast whenever u get wet and most imptly, keep warm.

rest rest... stay in bed with ur little one. He/She more attractive than housework!! hehehehhe Especially if u r having blues, drop everything and just play w ur baby.

i really admire people who did confinement on their own. My hubby took 1 month leave. I had a CL and my mother with me too. Yet, I was still so depressed during confinement. It was something that I was unprepared for.

Hi tingting,

Thanks for the reminder. Think at worst, i will buy the meat and keep in the freezer 1st. So as & when need to cook, then thaw. For the cloth diapers, am thinking the same way too. Soak them in pail of detergent, then wash all at nite when bb asleep. Btw, where do u stay? i'm staying at ghim moh and am interested to take frm u. Thanks u so much.

Hi trixiebelle,

Ya, am thinking if really can't cope then have to skip some chores. Coz i hv no experience so i always thot must keep the house clean so bb won't get sick. Will let my bb co-sleep with me and try to get enough sleep as i'm also afraid i'll get depressed easily esp when bb keep crying. I have seen in the internet that meconium is very difficult to clean. Will take note and try to standby some disposable diapers during the 1st week. Thanks you so much trixiebelle for sharing this with me!

Hi 23yrold_mummy,

Thanks for your advice. Will try to see if my hb can take leave but won't force him coz he's now the only breadwinner in the family and taking too much leave is not a good thing in his co's view. I can't really fork out extra $ to get help. I was asked to bedrest when i'm 2mths coz unstable. I found a temp job when i'm 4mths and i went to work despite gynae's disapproval, i got terrible cramps, pain and spotting during work, so i had to bedrest again. It's depressing to stay at home everyday and can't work and i keep thinking what's going to happen next with confinement and bb matters. I really hope i can be strong and keep an open mind as advised by tingting and trixiebelle, coz during tat time bb will really need me and i'm only the one there for my bb, so i must be strong. Thanks 23yrold_mummy for your advice and will try to get more rest during confinement.

Hi brenda,

Thanks for this info, does this apply for all hospitals coz i'm delivering at TMC? Will try to be careful when i touch water or bath. Thanks for your advice and will make sure to play with my bb when depressed.

Hi Missk,

Thanks for sharing your experience. I was never prepared for wat i am now too, like needing $ and help. The desperation of wanting to work and earn money yet unable to do so is something which i've never prepared myself to go thru. But i'm glad it came too coz it made me realized that it's time for me to learn to be stronger. And i also realised that i'm not alone and hope i can do it alone too.

charmaine, hmm, i stay in punggol leh.. that's quite far, unless you have someone to pick it up for you?

if $$ is a concern, why don't you opt to deliver at a gov hospital? touchwood, but if complications arise, govt hospitals are not so siong on bills.

Hi tingting,

punggol beri far, haha.. thanks for your kind offer. My frd working at the gynae clinic so i'm allowed to take the antenatal packg when i'm 3wks preggie. I only pay for the medicine now that i'm stable. After i give birth, will bring bb to see polyclinic coz cheapest, as advised by some mommies here.

Hi Missk,

i'm a very dependable person 5mths ago. But with this current situation where i can't choose and still hv to carry on with life, i might as well see how much i can get myself prepared for wat's coming next, like going thru confinement alone and taking care of my bb alone.

Hi mummies,

Seen frm other threads that if went thru c-section, after dischrg from hospital, hv to stay in bed for 2-3days so as to hv minimal movement which will affect stitches. Is it true?

hi charmaine,

during confinement, I took care of my baby myself...from bathing to feeding, etc....wash my own clothes and do simple housechores...tedious hoursechores like mopping floor are done by my hubby...

but for food, my mum cooked for me and bring over...think u should at least get catering for your food coz hardly can have time to cook your own meals if you are breastfeeding...

also, if you taking care of baby alone, best to use disposable diapers for the time being...reason being, newborn tends to poo a lot, esp when beastfed...so if u use cloth diapers, u gonna have a lot to wash...sometimes, u just have to let go something...esp first mth, good to rest more if possible...also during that time, mothers may be very vulnerable due to hormones changes...

Hi okasan,

Thanks for your suggestions. I checked thru some of the threads here about catering confinement food initially but found out tat it cost ard $1k and i couldn't fork out tat extra $. So i'll just use slow cooker using use whatever ingredient i hv then when doing confinement.

Will use disposables for the 1st week as adviced here by mummies. I can't fork out $ to use disposables everyday and cloth diapers is really cost-saving.

Thanks for sharing and will try to rest more during confinement.

Hi Charmine,
I did my confinement (that was 3 years back) with my mum helping me with the cooking, she will usually come around 10am and leave by 7/8pm. My morning routine starts with making my own breakfast while my husband helping me to prepare the bath water and put on a stand for baby and i will bath baby myself. Then i will just remove the stopper and let water drain out before keeping the things (don't need to carry too heavy things)
I will also boil the water that i drink everyday in the morning. Throughout the day i will spend my time with baby (breastfeed, sleep, surf the web)after i put my drinking water in thermal flask. After dinner, i will wipe and change baby myself. Then my mum will put herbs in a double boiler to cook for me before she leaves and i will eat it before i sleep. I personally find the double boiler extremely helpful for brewing herbal soup.

Its advisable to use diapers as its much easier to clean, but beware of nappy rash. I switch to cloth diaper after 1st month.

There are many home delivery service that you can opt for eg. cold storage and ntuc can bring you goceries, vegetables, meat etc at a low cost $6. Then you don't need to stock up many frozen things. I find reading up on confinement food helps to get me more prepared as i don't like to eat innards. As for additional breastfeeding things that you might need like lanolin etc, you can also get it through online and they can deliver free for you if it exceed certain amount.

My mum will prepare sliced ginger way in advance for me by frying it with sesame oil. You can keep it for at least 1-2 weeks without problem. This way you can just put ginger in anything you cook.

As for housework, i do minimal ..... just throw baby clothing into the washing machine and my husband will hang it up when he is back. I will use magic wipe to clean the house every morning so as to cut down moppping occasions.

u need to relax and take time to get to know baby. Even though breastfeed cut cost and washing, it was challenging initially as baby drinks every 1.5 hr round the clock.

Hope that helps

Hi nancy,

Thanks for sharing yr tips. went thru some breastfeeding websites and was informed that sometimes need to latch bb on (basically 24hrs)during lst week. Hope i won't give up. Thanks
happy.gif

Hi missk,

my email: [email protected] Hope to catch a chat with u.
happy.gif

Hi all,

its so reassuring to read this thread. Like you, Charmaine, I will be doing my own confinement for my child. But this is my second baby. I did engaged a confinement lady for my first one. But due to financial considerations and space limitation (now that I have a maid and a baby still) in a 3 room flat, hb feels that I should try to manage alone.

I am trying hard to recall what did the CL did the last time...but quite concerned about having to cook myself...

Hi dingdong,

Try this link for confinement recipes...I have test-drived some of dishes for normal meals and they're really quite delicious.

www.momsinmind.com.sg/confinementrecipes.html

Alternatively, you can get a confinement recipe book by Ng Siong Mui.Think a slow-cooker will be useful as well...you may also want to consider that
happy.gif
Take care
happy.gif

i salute to all mommies doing confinement on their own.

i dun tink i will ever cope, esp. when my bb doesn't slp like wat a newborn should after his 2nd wk (and want to be carried alot) so i am glad i hv a confinement lady to help out otherwise dun even think abt eating or going to the toilet.

jia you!

I went thru confinement alone (minus off hb's paternity leave). Actually i did everything taboo: bathe, washed, cooked, etc.

I bathed directly from the water heater after my hb came home
I didnt wear long sleeve, long pants or any bathroom slippers in the house
I didnt take much confinement food
I didnt engage the traditional massage lady

My daughter then was quite difficult. She slept when I was awake and she woke up when I almost fell asleep. She cried alot and I almost entered into post-natal blues.

Well, erything is ovr and my daughter is nw 4 yrs O le....

i was left alone with BB after my confinement lady left me after 3 wk of services. My hubb wasnt helping me by leaving me alone without getting anyone to help me. I urge my hubb to get a maid asap so that i need not have to do the household chore and do his laundry but he kept dragging till i was abt to go back to work.
I only ate twice a day during the materinity period that was breakfast and dinner. Not even my MIL and hubb care whether i can manage on my own or have enough to eat.. i just endure all the hardship and pull thru ..

Kylie, mayb i do hv Fong Shi nw...

Noelle74, it's nt ez. if no1 can help, u shd just go bak to ur mom's plc during confinement

Dear mummies

I'm curious to know for the mummies who did confinement all by themselve - taking care of bb and doing washing, do you suffer from any side-effect after that? cos I heard you can't bath, wash hair and touch water or will get back ache, rheumatism etc. can share with me....tks

hi to all mtb, after having done confinements on my own for my 2 childbirths, to any mummy who wants to do it by urself, if i can do it, so can u!
happy.gif
its all abt time management, planning ahead, getting prepared & having your priorities rite. In my opinion, havin to bond & know ur baby, & have ur baby know u & ur handling style frm birth, makes live easier for everyone later on. Rather than havin someone to care for baby e 1st mth, then 2nd mth onwards, wen they start gettin demandin & u are stil unfamiliar wif ur babies' little quirks, den u wil start panicking. Pls debunk e myths of water. Long before our time... Mummies were discouraged frm showerin cos they do nt have water heater, china's climate is very cooling & cold even, plus their water sources are nt clean, as water are frm lakes & wells. So women aft childbirth, were discouraged to shower & touch water so as nt to catch a cold & get any infection at e lower body. Anyway, they seldom shower everyday, as weather is cooling & they do nt pespire much. But in CURRENT spore, even if u dun step out of e hse, u wil sweat buckets & stink & most impt, its so unhygienic for u & ur baby! Puttin u & baby at even higher risks of bacteria infection as well! Childbirth is a tiring event, so advise is to rest as much as u can. More imptly, efforts & time shd be spent on ur newborn & enjoy e moment, as they will grow so fast, u wil miss e days wen they are infants. Yes, u wil get a backache & shoulder ache frm carryin ur babies, but tat doesnt keep us away, does it?
happy.gif
rheumatism & backache doesnt occur due to touchin water during pregnancy. U wil get tat if u dun take care of urself on any other day as well. Jus tat in TCM, aft childbirth, e yin-yang, are nt balanced, & u wil catch a chill easily. The need to "keep warm" is to prevent frm catchin a cold, no one wants to be sick wen just given birth. Washing things like bottles & plates at our hse sinks are ok. Its e women of e past wen they had to wash dishes/clothes at e river/well, wil be prone to chill & infection. Childbirthing is a physical expending event, & our body wil "recuperate" itself. So make sure, u eat proper & BALANCE food. Lots of vege & fluid. Minimise physical chores like moppin flr. The fact tat many women nw gets an episotomy, physical activities is nt encouraged, as wif an other medical condition. In fact, child birth is a medical condition-just tat its a mild (if uncomplicated) & Happy one!
happy.gif

Hi coolmama, thanks - that was inspiring! Hubby and I have decided to not hire a confinement lady because I seriously don't like strangers in the house, especially when I'm not feeling my best. The original plan was for him to take 2-3 weeks of leave, but now it seems like he can only get away with one week. But he'll still cover all the housework before and after work. MIL and mum said they'll help to cook confinement food for me. The only thing I'm seriously worried about now is the breastfeeding part, and moving around to bathe baby while trying to recover from the episotomy.

Cross fingers!

I was showering and washing hair in the hospital! And I also forgo all the confinement food that I supposed to eat cos the Doctor suspect I hv a food allergy in the 1st week :p So mums who touched water or who did not take the special food for whatever reason, relax and don't freak out. Think of it this way, mums in other cultures don't do the same thing but they do fine.

I used gloves whenever I need to touch water.
I was totally BF so no worries for bottles.
Without gloves only when bathoing bb if not how.
Only MIL cooks.

Hi mom to be,
i like to recommend my confinement lady from m'sia with 20 years experience. Apart from the normal confinement service that she provides, she also teach confinement services. The charges is $500 for 7 days of training.

The training includes:
- Baby Care (bathing, massage, feeding, etc)
- Hygiene
- Culinary skills (cooking of confinement food, red dates tea)
- Herbal knowledge

This service is good for those who do not want to hire a confinement nanny or do not want their privacy to be interupt by an outsider. She will teach your family members or maid who will be cooking and taking care of baby. This service can be arranged anytime during your pregnancy (provided that she is not doing any assignment). If after the training, you are still unsure of the things taught, can still call her for queries.

Those who are interested can email me at [email protected] or PM me. Thanks

Hi all, please beware of CL auntie Kiew. I'm currently engaging her as my CL and so far the experience is very bad. I hope to share my experience here so nobody will continue to employ her. She is not fit to be in this line.

She claimed that she has 5 years experience as CL but she doesn't cook the traditional confinement dishes.

Has anybody heard of eating fried bee hoon or fried rice during confinement? Has anybody heard of drink leftover soup from the night before for confinement? No! And when my MIL confronted her of such absurdities, she was very defensive and claimed that what she cooks, I should just eat. She also said that others before me also just eat whatever.

Not only that, she is very stubborn and refuses to listen to others opinion. When we specifically told her not to add such and such ingredients into my confinement food, she still put. When we confronted her, she claimed it is ok and refused to just follow our ways.

She is also very sneaky when it comes to money. Can you imagine, so far we have spent close to $400 on food marketing when it is only day 8 into my confinement.
Day 1: She went with my husband to get some groceries from ntuc as market was closed. Not sure how much she spent.
Day 3: She used up close to $150 to buy 1 week of food.
Day 6: she claimed that the food can only last a day more so she needs to go to market. When asked,"Haven't you already bought a week of food the other day?" she claimed that because I requested her to cook hearty breakfast and lunch so now not enough food. So I gave my sis-in-law $300 to accompany her. In d end she used close to $200. When I asked her what she bought, she just said, fish, meat, and vege. I asked her how long the food can last. She said about 6 days. I wonder how come food for 1 person for 6 days can chalk up $200? She still said fish not enough need to buy somemore in 2 days' time?!!?

When my MIL asked her about the bills, she grew very aggressive and heated argument with my MIL. If she has clear conscience, she would have just told outright exactly what she bought...

She is also very lazy just want to do things easy way. When I first suggested use cloth nappy for my boy she gave many excuses, say poo will cause bum to rot la, diff to wash the stain off cloth nappy la, etc etc. So we ended up using disposable diapers. But my MIL wanted me to insist she use cloth diapers so I told her to use. She gave me a black face. Even then, she doesn't check on baby regularly to monitor poo or pee. I always have to check and then tell her myself. She doesn't wash up the dirty cloth nappy immediately or even when she has time. She will soak to the next day afternoon to do the washing. Sometimes she will just throw in the nappy together w my laundry into the washing machine, no doubt to have easier job...

Other cLs will cook hot soupy food for breakfast and confinement set meal for lunch and dinner. But she expects me to eat bread and milo or cereal for breakfast. And lunch she will cook one dish of friend rice or bee hoon, or just a soupy noodle dish. No doubt easy job for her, but hardly confinement food...

So pls beware of employing her. She is a glib talker but doesn't do as much as she talks. Now I have to send her back and look for other plans, barely a week into my confinement. Pls dun walk in my shoes...

Confinement alone ? Its really not easy... but not possible.
My Confinement, I managed it with my husband whom took leave for a month, he does the marketing and cooking of food to washing of baby stuff and BF stuff.
My advice during confinement is try try try to not touch water. Bathing use "Da Feng Chao", buy from medical hall, mix with ginger skin (those leftover from cooking). Use the water to wash hand and bathe.
Please please please dun do household chores, your body constitution and womb needs to rest properly for that crucial 1 month plus, if not will regret subsequently.
Just my two cents worth.

I sort of went through alone when had my 1st gal with my hubby..super tiring..sometimes no time to cook, but to tabao from kopi tiam

Back